Avon support thread #8

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
122 replies to this topic

#51 will23coop

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:47 PM

hi there, when i first joined avon nearly 2 years ago. i told the district manager that i would only do it if i can get my street and the surrounding streets as my territory. yep the territory was taken but she did some juggling around and managed to give me what i wanted. this was also after i told her that i have lived in our house for over 2 years and have never seen a catalogue myself. she told me that the lady who has my street doesn't really do much with it and she has other territories so she just told her that she's not to do that territory no more because she gave it away to a new rep (i wasn't very popular at the first sales event but i didn't care).
i too is the same, i joined avon because my boys were young (8 months old) and wanted to do something that i could do with them. goodluck.
jaime biggrin.gif

#52 xerpa

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:02 PM

Enjoying it so far, I have a fair few regular customers but really get annoyed when someone wants a catalogue but doesn't order anything! Once is okay, but every single month gets a bit much!

This irks me too along with those who always say they didn't get a brochure when you drop it off every time.  Just say "no thank you" people!  I won't be offended.

Anyway, good luck to all the newbies!

#53 RainbowFamily

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:51 AM

Hi ladies,

Just thought I would post a quick message in here to say, I am glad to see a thread regarding Avon.

I get so cranky though when I see so many people who don't receive proper training and are given the run around.

I have been pretty lucky in that, I had NO training but I read through each training book myself and have a pretty good business sense. I started with 1 territory and have built up to 7 territories now.

The first 3-6 campaigns are the hardest, whilst you grow your customer base. However, I have found that once you establish your customer base you don't have to put as much time in.

I am also a Sales Leader so I am pretty busy recruiting and training, for these reasons I have changed how I deal with my customers.

Instead of going to them, they come to me. I have brochures available for collection at all times, leave customer orders accessible for collection at all times and keep huge amounts of stock here for immediate sales.

For me, training new representatives is crucial. I ensure that each new representative receives their 4 training sessions plus, email and phone support as they require it. I have some representatives whom I have had to see 15 times. This doesn't bother me at all. I would rather have representatives who ask for help than those who don't ask for help and therefore don't build their business.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. I would love to be added to your list, I am located in Brighton which is on the Northside of Brisbane. Not only do I sell Avon but also sign new representatives up.

(Note:  Depending on the outcome of my DW's dx this week, I may have to recruit a new representative to take over my territories. If the dx is the worst expected we will have to sell up and move to the other side of town..)

Feel free to PM me with any Avon related questions etc.

#54 ~*KnM*~

Posted 07 April 2010 - 07:37 AM

Can someone please help me???  I am typing up a letter to attach to my brochures, sort of like a welcome letter and would like someone to check it to see if it makes sense.  Can anyone who is interested in helping me please PM me and I will send it to them.

Katie

#55 Aidens_mama

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:03 PM

Have PM'd you Katie

#56 x Pixie x

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:59 AM

Hi Ladies,

I'm new at being an AVON rep, nearing the end of my second campaign.
I have to say that if i'd have read this thread before i signed up it's pretty unlikey i'd have gone ahead with it!!
I initially signed up for something to keep me distracted while my partner is away working in the mines.

Thankfully, the AVON experience seems to be different for me - So far my DSM has been fabulous and a great help, She gave me 75 brochures of my first two campaigns to start me off and a bunch of free samples and great advice to help me along, she's more than happy to help original.gif

Being new to my small town i didn't have anyone to sell to at all so i took on a territory (3 streets) which didn't end up being enough as i covered all the houses in a couple of hours so i took it upon myself to deliver in some more streets, Since then i've covered probably a quarter of my entire town and no one minds ~ I haven't encountered any territory wars or stepped on anyones toes, most of my new customers say "Oh, we used to have an avon lady years ago but she just stopped coming"  - I found out the rep's in my area are now sales leaders and just don't have time. I plan to cover the whole place one time & keep the customers i make, I figure if they can't be bothered to canvass it why should we all miss out on customers.

I'm loving the whole thing! Last week i went to my first sales event (for the new MEGA IMPACT Lipstick) & It was so much fun! There where probably 40 or so of us and the prizes & free gifts were fantastic, I won a dinner set which my DSM offered to switch for a massive bag of samples (as i was upset i hadn't won the previous prize of the sample beauty case) - Yay! The other rep's were just lovely & had really useful tips.

I find people are pretty nice when i have to door knock to collect the brochures, So far only 2 people have been really horrible and were adequetly black marked on my customer record book with "Nasty old lady" & "Stuck up woman" lol Plus it's great to be able to speak to another adult every now and then, It's keeping me sane! being paid for excersize is ace & I get to take my 2.5yr old daughter with me original.gif

So far this campaign i have made $780 in sales, Last campaign i made $650 or so then spent the extra myself to reach the 35% mark (which works out that you get the extra product you have bought for free, which you can sell for $100 profit later!) I honestly expected to (only JUST) reach 15%, or get no orders at all.

for example;

If you have 25 customers who spend $25 each = $625

$625 @ 25% = $468.75 (you have to pay avon)

If you then spend $100 on anything you like = $725

$725 @ 35% = 471.25 (you have to pay avon)

Therefore you're paying $3 or so out of your profit to get $100 worth of product + The free gifts you earn for getting to 35%!

(Everyone probably knows that but thought i'd point it out just in case as i wouldn't have even realised without my training - I suck at math!)

I think it's possible to do really well with it if you set yourself a goal, make sure you're organised and treat it like a real job and business.. for instance, putting 10% of your profit back into the business itself; brochures, bags, paperwork, samples.

Crossing my fingers i don't have any problems with stock not arriving etc, Luckily the Sunshine Coast is a "trend setter" which is a campaign ahead of the rest of the country so hopefully it wont happen often!

Okay, i will stop typing now before this becomes a novel..

Hayley ~ Sunshine Coast QLD

#57 Georgie Boy

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:21 PM

Just bumping up as made a few edits to the consultant list.

Louise

#58 Leisa-Jane

Posted 10 May 2010 - 03:41 PM

Hi ladies just signed up and just about to head out to do my first campaign drop really nervous lol. I have lived in the area for a long time and didnt even know some of the streets exsisted. Only thing i have is my area manager is actually in my territory my district manager has said to let her know if i find she is selling to anyone in my territory.

Wish me luck!

#59 ~*KnM*~

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:09 PM

Can anyone help me.
First campaign with PDC was bounced back and I had not warning of this till Monday when I received a late, saying that I have also been charged extra for dishonour payments and late fees.
Called them up today after trying for a few days to pay it to be told that I can't pay PDC on line!!
Long story short, I asked if I would be charged extra for having to pay over the phone to which I was told no, was put through to pay and was asked for a credit card number.  Called them back and said that I have been asked for a credit card and would the 2.5% be incurred.
Is this right?

#60 Aidens_mama

Posted 12 May 2010 - 11:23 PM

You do get charged for using a credit card to pay your account.
What is PDC?

#61 Leisa-Jane

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:33 AM

okay really not happy!! camp 11 finishes on wednesday so orders need to be in online tomorrow :S please note i still dont have access to avon on line to place my order :s so i have all these orders and no one answering my calls to find out whats going on :S this is a great start!

#62 Aidens_mama

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:56 AM

Why dont you have access to avon online? You only need your account number and your district number and you can set it up yourself. Have you called Avon? You can put your order in over the phone? Or fax it?
The other thing is....have you got your dates right? I am on C12 and it needs to be in before June 2.

#63 flyingfree

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:07 AM

All areas have different times when you put campaigns in since it would be mightmare everyone in Australia puting your order in on the same day. Avon works a three wekkly cycle Week A B and C

Leisa-Jane - Can you get hold of your saels Leader or District Manager to help you (if yu have been trying over the weekend alot of DM's don't work weekends) or like PP you can fax or ring your order through  to Avon.

Mandy

#64 Leisa-Jane

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:51 PM

Apparemtly i already have an avon account for a different district! So im on hold at the moment trying to get it sorted out !! Very frustrating! I have til tomorrow night to get my orders in the system.

Leisa

#65 flyingfree

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:13 PM

Leisa-jane - did you  manage to get your order in on time

#66 Leisa-Jane

Posted 26 May 2010 - 09:04 PM

Yes i did original.gif  The guy ended up just giving me my password:s now onto campaign 12 i have heaps of campaign 11 if anyone wants them.

#67 flyingfree

Posted 29 May 2010 - 03:46 PM

If you  have an area you can use your books by canvassing the area even just dropping books in letterboxes with a note attached saying who you are and a contact number or email address for them to contact you.

Otherwsie I throw my extra books out.

#68 Leisa-Jane

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:32 PM

Well before campaign 12 i did my whole area dropped off a little note with a free sample on it think it ended up being around 100 houses I have 3 people get back to me.  I wasnt going to do a drop again and of books with having to pay for them and having people leave them out covered in pee and stuff i was so disheartened. The 3 ladies who did reply are great though and have spent over $100 each for campaign 12 and im just now waiting on orders from my family so I guess i will just see how it goes.
Leisa

#69 Beccas Mum

Posted 13 June 2010 - 05:09 PM

Hi! I'm Helen and have been doing Avon for about 6 years in total. I have recently rejoined after a 3 year break from having DD and helping DS with his health issues. I tell you, it's great to be back!  Boy I missed Avon!

Leisa-Jane, if you can speak with your Sales Leader and see if she can get hold of any extra books for you, even if they are the back order brochures. My territories are huge and my S/L sometimes drops an extra box of books off on my doorstep if she has any spare.

$100 + is a great sized order!

How did everyone's C12 go? I'm getting close to hitting 35%. Only about $100 off now!  I'm picking up 5 new customers from C13 so hoping to hit the 35% mark!

#70 Leisa-Jane

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:35 AM

Hey Beccas Mum

Well on sunday i took all my left over campaign 11 and blanketed places with them and what i had left of 12.  Well i had one lady ring to tell me there is an avon lady who already does her and her two neighbours and another lady ordered a lipstick, Seriously im just going to stick with the ladies i have and not bother any more, I made 35% this campaign so really thats not to bad Tounge1.gif  

Seems though when i got my order statement thru they are out of supply for alot of things:(

Leisa

#71 sabella

Posted 09 July 2010 - 11:38 AM

Is any one as (annoyed!!) as I am at the supercurl glitter mascara being unavailable? I have 8 of the **** things on backorder for 3! campaigns, & now I'm told they won't be happening.

So I have 8 customers to placate.

Vent

Vent

Vent

NOT good enough - & now they want me to sell another super duper mascara. I'm not. I'll warn my customers off untill I know they'll get it.

Good news, after 2 years I finally hit 35%. Woo hoo!

#72 Aidens_mama

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:53 PM

Congrats on the 35% sabella!!!!
Is that the diamonds mascara? What a bugger. I have some on backorder as well, as a replacement for the original ones that were dry in the tube.
Oh well, I have some others on hand that I will offer with the money back to keep them happy. Pretty sure they are still in the catty! Won't be letting anyone order anymore.
xS

#73 Arcee

Posted 10 July 2010 - 01:34 PM

I had 2 of those mascaras on backorder and they are now being replaced by the new mascara thats coming out.  

It must have been a fault with the mascara as mine were dry as well.

Congrats on the 35% sale Sabella, thats awesome

#74 sabella

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:55 PM

Thanks for the warm thoughts ladies, it's nice to have feedback!

I wish that the Avon site had a forum. It'd be nice to share successes & send gripes to management without being stonewalled by those district "managers" that we have to deal with...

So we'll be getting the new super mascara instead? Well that's something. I did like the idea of mascara to curl your lashes AND make them sparkle though - so did my customers!

#75 x Pixie x

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:23 PM

Congrats Sabella original.gif It's pretty irritating when something doesn't arrive let alone being discontinued on you - I didn't have anyone order the glitter mascara, Thankfully.

Campaign 15 was pretty bad for me! Nothing really special in that one to boost the orders, Hoping with the new Fergie perfumes (which i bought 4 of at the sales event, I've sold 2 straight up) will make campaign 16 a better run! original.gif I'm loving the perfume, best so far by Avon i reckon.

I went to a leadership meeting yesterday and got hold of a copy of campaign 17, It looks pretty good too! Lots of stuff i want to buy myself (not so good, LOL).

I wish Avon had a forum too, I've been searching for one for ages now but there really are none at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.