Looking for writers!
Seeking article writers to join my editorial team!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
85 replies to this topic

#51 Guest_jellybelly1_*

Posted 12 September 2009 - 05:38 PM

Could you please send me a pm too if your still looking for someone?

#52 Enchantress

Posted 12 September 2009 - 11:53 PM

Please can you pm me the details too, i write at the moment for a couple of magazines so would be interested in what you are proposing:)

Blessings

E xx

#53 mandarey

Posted 13 September 2009 - 07:49 AM

Sorry Ange... just saw your response re sending a sample of writing!! Didn't see that before... should read all posts before replying!!

Will send a sample through...

Amanda

#54 Melissa4444

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:06 AM

has anyone heard from her after sending samples of their writing?

really didn't think my writing was that bad...

I didn't get that far.  When I saw what she was prepared to pay, I actually laughed out loud! blink.gif

#55 abeni

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:20 AM

Pm me too please with details original.gif

#56 destiny007

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:54 AM

Yep you can send me an email also. Destiny007 dummedia@hotmail.com Catch me on twitter, facebook, Myyearbook. Best regards.

#57 Daddy_Sisyphus

Posted 13 September 2009 - 12:01 PM

Hi.

I have semi-professional writing skills.

http://issuesbeyondborders.wordpress.com/author/falkirk69/

a sample above

please email my secondary email address gorgonzola_happiness@yahoo.com
with "writing job" in the subject header, if interested in using my skills.

thanks

- Graeme

#58 antianara

Posted 13 September 2009 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (AmeliaJane679 @ 11/09/2009, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Big apologies from me - I have been extremely busy and will be taking time on the weekend to go through everything I have received.

I like what I have seen so far with the samples, so please do not think your writing is bad at all! original.gif

no probs, just wondering biggrin.gif

#59 antianara

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE (Melissa4444 @ 13/09/2009, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't get that far.  When I saw what she was prepared to pay, I actually laughed out loud! blink.gif

I thought the pay reasonable, may I ask why you do not think so? huh.gif

#60 Melissa4444

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:00 AM

Because I'm a good writer.  And anyone who thinks you can write 300 words in 10 minutes is not.

Because the trick isn't getting 300 words.  It's getting it down to 300 words, while still keeping in mind SEO, and making it flow.

That takes much, much longer.  And I was receiving almost 10 times the amount for that work.

#61 FauxPas

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:15 AM

I have no idea what the pay is so prepared to be shot down... but  Melissa - what you may not think worthwhile pay may be essential to someone else.

I wouldn't work at a fast food place for whatever that pays these days but others may need to.

Besides... it may be the type of work where you get faster at it and can set up "work samples" for different types of products and then all you need to do is use your 10 min to "tweek"

ETA: judging by the interest it seems lots of people are keen to do this type of work. If you were paid 10 times more for it maybe you could give others some hints on how to apply there  original.gif    (not having a go, a genuine suggestion)

Edited by Alexander'sMum, 14 September 2009 - 09:20 AM.

#62 baby Z

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:54 PM

Hi. Just saw the post. Would be interested in getting more information on the work involved esp the types of topics. Could you please PM me. Thanks

#63 antianara

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (Alexander'sMum @ 14/09/2009, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ETA: judging by the interest it seems lots of people are keen to do this type of work. If you were paid 10 times more for it maybe you could give others some hints on how to apply there  original.gif    (not having a go, a genuine suggestion)

yes, I would love to know that too.

#64 lawshas3girls

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:34 PM

Could you please PM me too?

#65 cherry~blossom

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:52 PM

Could you please PM me too?

And me  original.gif

#66 dpp

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:15 PM

Not sure what the going rate for this particular assignment is, but I have a journalism degree and 15 years of corporate comms and media under my belt and I charge my freelance clients between $80 and $140 an hour, depending on the job.  My rates are pretty cheap by industry standards.  From what I've heard from others in the business, many rate cards START at $150 an hour.

Again, haven't seen the brief for this job, but I don't think I could pump out this kind of material in 15 minutes (and I'm used to churning out stuff in a pressure cooker environment).  Also, I imagine some prelim research would be required.  Even if background material is provided, then some time needs to be spent reading the material and digesting it.  

I agree with a previous comment that it's not about reaching 300 words, but rather how to get it down to 300 words and make each word pack a punch.

Just my opinion and experience!  All the best and good luck to all involved.

#67 Acidulous Osprey

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:45 PM

Well I was wondering what the reason was that someone was advertising for writers on a parenting website and my first guess was that it was sh*te pay.

I'm another who could pump out 300+ words in 10 minutes but to actually craft something that is worth reading or paying for takes me longer.  No way would I be prepared to do background research or even read and digest a brief if I am only being paid for the writing time at low rates.

#68 llau

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:54 PM

hi,
this sounds interesting. can you tell me more and how to get started.
thanks.
llau.

#69 Kafkaesque

Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:04 PM

Whats with all the new users replying to this?

#70 cherry~blossom

Posted 16 September 2009 - 01:13 AM

Whats with all the new users replying to this?

I was wondering that as well.

#71 Titania

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE (Melissa4444 @ 14/09/2009, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because I'm a good writer.  And anyone who thinks you can write 300 words in 10 minutes is not.

Ha! I have an MA in Professional Writing - and am good - and for sure I can write 300 words in 10-15 minutes.

Yes - I'm interested - will email you my CV and samples...

Edited by Titania, 16 September 2009 - 09:33 AM.

#72 dele

Posted 16 September 2009 - 09:43 AM

I'd be interested in finding out more.  Could you please PM me OP.

Thanks.

#73 josied1972

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:55 AM

Hi Ange,
I am interested in writing articles for you. If you can please let me know further details/the next step.

Many thanks,

Justine

#74 Mamabug

Posted 22 September 2009 - 10:09 AM

Be aware that this position requires you to do your own internet-based research before writing the estimated 300 words. Factor that into your time/pay equation.

#75 EmWolf

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:08 PM

Hi Ange,
I have a BA Comm (Journalism), have done freelance work before and am a soon to be published author.  If you would like me to send over my CV and some samples of my work, email me at emilybrew84@hotmail.com.  Also, would be good to know bit more about pay.
Thanks,
Emily

QUOTE (AmeliaJane679 @ 03/09/2009, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Everybody!

I'm seeking writers to join my editorial team to write information articles for my clients.

The clients come to my company, seeking articles for submission to article websites online - it's their way of getting exposure for their website and driving traffic - and ultimately business - to it.

The thing is, these guys don't have the time or the skills to write the articles themselves.

So!  I am seeking people who can write and have a talent for writing.  

Does that sound like you?

I need you to write articles ranging from 300-500 words in length.

As a good writer, you'll be able to write these in about 10-15 minutes, once you know what you'll be saying.

The topics can be about anything from dog training and cosmetic dentristry through to tattoos and search engine optimisation.  It is up to the client.

Articles are usually in batches, so you could be doing 5 through to 30.  It all depends on the client and of course, your availability.

You will be paid via Paypal for each article you write.

The rate is pretty good too (better than you would get working in most p/t jobs), so please let me know if this sounds like something you are interested in.

Cheers!
Ange original.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.