Looking for writers!
Seeking article writers to join my editorial team!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
85 replies to this topic

#76 Chillax

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:16 PM

Hi there, would be very interested. I earn my living freelance writing, please PM me with further details!!

#77 mumtomakandissy

Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:02 PM

Hi there,

I have a BA in Journalism also although have been working as a teacher for the last few years. Could you please PM me more information and where to go from here?

Cheers

#78 ArieleMoonfire

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:35 AM

I might be interested too if you are still looking for writers OP. Am studying writing as part of my degree & have done a fair bit of article writing, web copy etc. Would love a PM as well!

#79 Melissa4444

Posted 27 September 2009 - 07:45 AM

Ha! I have an MA in Professional Writing - and am good - and for sure I can write 300 words in 10-15 minutes.

I'm sure you could. As can I.  That wasn't my point.  

This was:

Be aware that this position requires you to do your own internet-based research before writing the estimated 300 words. Factor that into your time/pay equation.

I'm another who could pump out 300+ words in 10 minutes but to actually craft something that is worth reading or paying for takes me longer. No way would I be prepared to do background research or even read and digest a brief if I am only being paid for the writing time at low rates.

but I don't think I could pump out this kind of material in 15 minutes (and I'm used to churning out stuff in a pressure cooker environment). Also, I imagine some prelim research would be required. Even if background material is provided, then some time needs to be spent reading the material and digesting it.

I agree with a previous comment that it's not about reaching 300 words, but rather how to get it down to 300 words and make each word pack a punch.

It's not about coming up with 300 words.  It's the research that will go into it, then paring down the relevant information, while utilising SEO and still making it sound good.   It's a whole other ballgame.

#80 CAWO

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:26 PM

I am interested in finding out further details if you are still seeking applicants.

Thanks

Sally

#81 nellieb

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:30 PM

I'd be interested in more info too - I do a little bit of freelance copy writing and would be keen to do more!

If you are still after people send me a PM and I'll send through my info etc.

#82 bondimum

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:19 PM

Has anyone actually had a response with this? Been given something to submit? Earned a dollar or two from anything that's come through?

Just checkin.

#83 Guest_~aine~_*

Posted 01 October 2009 - 04:58 PM

No response here...

#84 ArieleMoonfire

Posted 01 October 2009 - 05:35 PM

No response here either.

#85 Titania

Posted 07 October 2009 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (Melissa4444 @ 27/09/2009, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sure you could. As can I.  That wasn't my point.  

This was:

It's not about coming up with 300 words.  It's the research that will go into it, then paring down the relevant information, while utilising SEO and still making it sound good.   It's a whole other ballgame.

Yes, you're quite right Melissa.
Still - I need some cash at the moment. ;-)

No response here either...

#86 Guest_AmeliaJane679_*

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:38 PM

Thanks for the response - it was overwhelming.

I'm not taking any further expressions of interest.  I've been swamped with responses and people have been flaming me for not getting back to them.  I don't get much of a chance to look at this forum because I'm busy with my work.

If I need any writers from now on, I will refer back to this thread and contact people I think would be suitable.

Thank you.

Edited by AmeliaJane679, 07 October 2009 - 05:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.