New thread biggrin.gif

GOLD!

#3 twogirlsandaboy

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:38 AM

Silver grin.gif

#4 beck73

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:07 PM

Woohoo - BRONZE for me ddance.gif

Busy busy here today - I'm up to my elbows in about a million different types of chocolate, desperately trying to finish off the cake for James' birthday party tomorrow!  Of course, it can't be just any old cake, he has been begging me for ages to make him this one:

I've done it before (for Matthew's 5th birthday), but unfortunately this time I messed my measurements up and the bowl I was using to make the chocolate shell is just that little bit too short, so I've got the whole thing in the fridge now weighted down in hopes that the cake underneath will squash enough not to look too awful blush.gif.  If that doesn't work, I'll just have to make sure we take photos from the top down so you can't see the dodgy bottom half laughing2.gif.  Oh well, I'm sure the little pack of 7 year olds will still think it is pretty good wink.gif.

Dang, washing machine has just beeped so I'd best be off to hang yet another load out.

hhugs.gif

Beck x

#5 MnM

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:31 PM

(.)(.) prize  tongue.gif

Just a quick one cos im pooped, spent the day in the city wiht Miles at Hyde park, trying to stop him launching himself in the water fountain they have there  blink.gif  the kid should have been born with fins and flipper feet i swear laughing2.gif

Going out with the girls tonight...im pooped already, but its just for a meal up the road so i can come home when ive had enough, or collapse under the table! which ever happens first!

So i had my 35 week OBs appointment today and found out he is going on holidays on the 6th Oct for the entire month - to Italy no less, which means i will be induced the week prior to that, so i will have my little lady in 4 weeks time eexcite.gif not  set a date in stone as yet as i have to re-arrange my parents flights over here, as they arent meant to arrive till the 3rd but really need to move it forwards....but looks like being around the 3rd Oct.

Ok best go, my little man has just wandered into the house, he has been 'helping' DH water the new turf in and looks like he has watered himself - he's soaked!

waves.gif

Edited by MnM, 04 September 2009 - 04:33 PM.

#6 Kat78

Posted 04 September 2009 - 08:21 PM

great news mandy. four weeks to go. how exciting!

hi everyone else!

Anyone know who to contact regarding some sus pm's??? can't figure it out.

Not much happening here..... same old same old.... we are all well.

#7 dixilee83

Posted 05 September 2009 - 02:44 PM

hey girls

I am home from hospital now. I have uploaded some pics on facebook

He was 8p6oz 53cm long, his head was 36cm. I am so inlove all over again

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3139...mp;l=eff463241b

#8 beck73

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:35 PM

Congratulations again Rachel, little Clay is just gorgeous wub.gif.

Beck x

#9 MnM

Posted 08 September 2009 - 03:02 PM

Hi guys,

Im still around waves.gif 3 and a half weeks to go until my induction date eexcite.gif  

Beck: the cake turned out great i see  tthumbs.gif not long to go for you now.

Rachel: hope all is going well with your new little bundle, he's a little cutie pie thats for sure wub.gif

Fee: hi, hows the TTC#2 going ?? any news for us   ph34r.gif ....sorry to be nosy im just sat here all fat and uncomfy and wanting a bit of excitement tongue.gif Im sure this is my last one so no POAS for me any more  cry1.gif

Hi to Kylie and Kat and Bridget and Laura and Ange....is that everyone now  huh.gif

Well im just watching Question Time  wacko.gif love a good fight, never fails to amuse me!
Just began thinking about getting bags packed for hospital, but not got any further than thinking about it  tongue.gif

DH has gone crazy and has a bizarre list of things we must do before the baby arrives, like get the outside of the house cleaned, paint bathroom, buy and install water tank  laugh.gif  no idea what all this has got to do with having a baby but the house is being cleaned as i type an the water tank is being installed tomorrow.
Miles' day at day care today, i have no idea what he has on his feet, DH took him this morning and as i was hanging some washing away in his wardrobe i noticed his new sandals sitting there on the floor....and i know that his old shoes are in the car still where he removed them the day we went to buy his sandals  - so im hoping that he's not barefoot and he tends to spend most of his day at day care in their outdoor area....so im hoping he found the shoes in the car and has them on  blink.gif

Ok Question time has finished so its time to put my brain back it  tongue.gif

Edited by MnM, 08 September 2009 - 03:03 PM.

#10 Shadowess

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:52 PM

Mandy, no, no news to report.. this will really be our first proper month of trying though, as I was away at the crucial time last month... so, fingers crossed!

Water tanks are awesome! We put one in our new backyad and it's great! Now we can actually water the grass, as you're not allowed to use town water for that.

Have had heaps of work trips away, and I'm a bit over it! I spent the day in Newcastle today, so it's been a bit of a long one.. Ruby kept me up most of the night, and then I had to be up at 4 to get my plane. Think an early night is in order!

Anyway, battery is about dead on my laptop!

fee

#11 MnM

Posted 10 September 2009 - 11:33 AM

Just back from swimming, im so pooped its getting a bit hard and im exhausted at the end of it, and the very warm water doesnt help...only 3 more classes till i have the baby so almost done, then DH will have to take him for a month or so till i can go again.

Well babies have started to arrive in our DIG, we just had a set fo twin girls born wub.gif awwww so sweet...i cant wait to see piccies of them wub.gif wub.gif

Well we got our compensation cheque yesterday for the accident DH had on his bike when the woman who was texting drove into him - its been so long we had forgotton about it, just sort of given up and thought no more, then DH got a call from the laywers to say they had a cheque for us oomg.gif so that was rather nice - just annoying that its come after we have finished our renovations and the babies room and the garden and turf and bought a new oven and fridge - but what the hell, its nice to have it sat there anyway  tthumbs.gif will come in for some extended mat leave for me no doubt!

Fee: awww bugger about this month....good luck for next month - oooh the pressure hey!  and thats just from me, ok ill stop bugging you now dev (6).gif  promise!  Dont know if you agree but it was never as urgent for me with my 2nd as i had Miles so i was sort of half hoping each month and half thinking OMG i so cant cope with 2 kids yet!! but now with only 3 weeks till my induction date im so excited wub.gif

Miles has gone Wiggles mad laughing2.gif  has books and even watches their TV show now oomg.gif  I'll have to take him to their next show.  My Mum was going on about Thomas the Tank but he has no interest in it at all, which she doesnt really understand, she says every boy loves Thomas - well sorry but he doesnt aannoyed.gif  quite annoying really.....seh doesnt get that he likes the Wiggles, probably cos she's in England and cant really understand a different country and different things for kids to be into....she talks about stuff like im still over there- its mighty frustrating....anyway im waffling.

So excited our babies have begun to arrive eexcite.gif only 3 weeks till my lil' girl is here  ddance.gif

Ok all for now waves.gif

Edited by MnM, 10 September 2009 - 11:37 AM.

#12 321Cas321

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:33 PM

hi girls.. flying visit before I go get brendan.. james is zonked asleep and will have to wake him up...

not sure if I toldyou but I have some evening work 3-4 nights a week and will be working tonight so need to get my butt into gear..

yay mandy on only 3 weeks to go..  how exciting I cannot wait to see pics.. if you do not have an sms buddy i am more than happy to post your wonderful news for you...

james has learnt how to peddle on a tricycle.. its so cute.. he pedals but forgets to stear so just goes straight crashes.. then turns with his feet, back on the peddles and goes again..

Toilet training.. we are doing a few hours per day in undies.. and are catching now more wees than accidents in that time... then when we began...cheeky monkey though will tell me poo which means wee or poo and runs and tries to hide and go... .. as he knows when he wants to go but is stubborn and too busy to bother.. mind you when he does go he is quite excited about watching and then tries for more.. oh well it will be a journey... but i wont push it.

ummm well better go.... need to get james out of bed.. poor thing..

beck how are you feeling with a week to go... yay cannot wait to see pics of your little girl... who is due after beck and mandy????

fee.. bugger for the month.. hope you catch the eggie soon...!!!!

#13 beck73

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:12 PM

Hi Lovelies waves.gif!

So sorry it has been ages since my last post, but time has absolutely flown by and all of a sudden I find myself in the very odd situation of trying to get my head around having a new baby in 3 days' time!!! oomg.gif  We've had so much on with the end of the boys' soccer season and all the team bbqs and presentation days that go along with that, James' birthday (which seemed to go on forever as we had his party a week early 'just in case' so then had to do it all again on the actual day!), a baby shower which some lovely lovely school-mum friends organised for me wub.gif, and then all the usual day-to-day stuff - add that in with all the running around that goes along with being almost full-term and trying to get organised, and I'm already exhausted wacko.gif...  I've cheated a little and booked Benny in for an extra day at daycare tomorrow just so I can go to my last hospital appt on my own and get the big grocery shop done in peace, leaving Thursday free for whatever pops up at the last minute (as something always does!) and then Friday is the big day.  EEK!

Cass - how is the return to the workforce going?  Sorry I can't help with TT advice just yet, we decided to wait until after baby's arrival because the last thing I needed was to have Benny announcing he needed to go just as I sit down to BF!  I also figure the accidents will be easier to deal with once the weather is warmer and he doesn't have to wear so many layers of clothing.

Mandy - Benny is a huge Wiggles fan too, we had some of the old DVDs from his big brothers and he just loves watching them although he is not so much into joining in the singing and dancing yet.  If you happen to come across one called 'Wiggle Bay' you'll have to check it out - they filmed it at Warriewood Beach so that one is my favourite laughing2.gif

Fee - good luck getting back into TTC tthumbs.gif.  While I know that we are most definitely done after this little one arrives, there is still a little pang of jealousy when I think about the adventure you have ahead of you original.gif

Bummer, the washing machine has just beeped and since it is oddly overcast today I'd best get the laundry out sooner rather than later glare.gif.  Hope everyone is well and enjoying the fun and mayhem that their 2 year olds are bringing into their world - apart from having developed a nasty habit of waking up and wanting to start the day at 5am yyawn.gif, Benny is such a giggle to have around right now wub.gif and I know I'm going to miss it just being the two of us during the day...  

hhugs.gif

Beck x

#14 MnM

Posted 16 September 2009 - 03:43 PM

Hi guys waves.gif

Beck: laughing2.gif funny you mention Wiggle Bay DVD as Miles has 2 Wiggles DVD's, 1 is a live show and the other is Wiggle Bay laughing2.gif  Hes never actually even watched it - i bought it cos if there is one thing Miles loves(apart from his Teddy bear wub.gif ) its the beach and ocean and i thought it would all be based down at the beach....never knew it was Warriewood beach - how cool!  
I'll have to stick it on for him now and have a nosey at it.
BTW good luck for Friday.  Ive got 2 weeks to go till my induction.  Im so excited to meet my little girl - had her room all ready but DH has drilled holes all over the wall so the plumbers could come and plumb in my new rain water tank to the toilets...oh well im sure he will have it fixed up before she arrives - or should i say she better had!

Well i have my mum and dad arriving next week...though they could help look after Miles, seems they are worried sick about the idea of looking after him though, which im finding a little odd - he's a toddler not a monster....mainly because he doesnt know them but also because i have  a strict routine for him - i said that for the sake of a couple of days it really doesnt matter if he goes to bed late and eats junk food for the entire day...dont stress about it, i can whip him back into shape when i get home....as long as he is being looked after and is happy thats fine.  Anyway in the meantime his favourite carer at day care has offered her services, says we can drop him at her house any time ....and he simply adores her - yesterday when DH took him to day care he burst into tears because she had popped outside to move her car, didnt care that DH had just left, he just wanted her wub.gif  so that will be great if we can drop him off with her at 6.30am before i go in for my induction and then we can get to the hospital and she can take him to day care when they open at 7.30am - i was going to get my parents to drop him up there but i think they are stressing about it so i think ill leave them out of it....
Also Miles baby sitter has said we can cal her any time night or day and she will come and look after him - id never have invited my parents over, much less paid for half their flights and hotles if id have known we had so many people wanting to help us here ddoh.gif but i think after i out of hospital it will be nice for them to spend some time with us all.

Speaking of annoying people  tongue.gif the battle with the neighbours continues - the fence we argued wiht them about and finally decided to just go halfs with them on ...well they have had it treated for termites - wiht ARSNIC!! a treatment that has been banned in several countires and several states in Australia, kids arent mean to touch it - so now im stressing about letting Miles go play in the back yard in case he touches it....why on earth would you use something like that when you know we have kid!  So we are now back in disputes with them! not that we were ever out of it - but hey ho..

Anyway im waffling - Just tyring to think of all i need to do before the baby comes...so much time so little do  - or is that the other way around  tongue.gif  

Ok im going waves.gif

#15 unwind

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:57 PM

Just popping in to say Good luck to Bec for tomorrow!! How exciting. I can't wait to hear all about your little girl.

Sorry everyone else, I haven't got time for personals or an update because we have so much going on at the moment. We get married on Saturday... so in 2 days time  ohmy.gif It has just come so quickly!!

Anyway better get back to it all.. have a few assignments due before we go to Fiji and are moving house the day after we get back so it is all fun and games at the moment!

Hope everyone is well.

Mel xoxo

#16 321Cas321

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:08 PM

Beck... amazing day tomorrow you meet your little girl.. cannot wait to see pics of your little one and hear about the wondeful journey you are about to embark on with your little one...

Mel.. congratulations.. you must be so excited with your wedding only days away... we would love to see some wonderful pics of your special day and of Zali sharing your day... congrats..

Big hellos to all... very tired.. been working everynight this week and also the normal day stuff.. so been super busy.. its been great but now very tired...

#17 beck73

Posted 18 September 2009 - 08:17 AM

Thanks girls wub.gif!  I'm sure you can imagine there was not a lot of sleep had here last night, it is so surreal to imagine that we will have another baby in our lives in just a few hours' time!!!

Mel, I know I won't be back beforehand so GOOD LUCK and CONGRATULATIONS on your wedding day, I will have you in my thoughts and will be wishing you both a long and happy lifetime together wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif.

Sorry for the flying visit, need to get a move on to get the boys off to daycare and school, then it is off to hospital for us!

See you on the other side girls eexcite.gif...

Beck x

#18 twogirlsandaboy

Posted 18 September 2009 - 09:33 AM

Good luck for today Beck. How exciting, can't wait to see pics of your little girl and find out what her name is wub.gif .

#19 MnM

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:48 AM

Hey Mel, hope youre well - congrats on your wedding - ok so youre not actually married yet but you will be in a couple of days, exciting.

OK my induction is offically booked 5th October  ohmy.gif  so 2 weeks and 3 days till i have my little girl wub.gif

OOOh got to go, Miles has pooped  sick.gif

#20 twogirlsandaboy

Posted 18 September 2009 - 05:35 PM

ph34r.gif

#21 *ella*finn*

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:51 PM

Not much achieved here today, Finn has a temp and all he's wanted to do is BF and cuddle on my lap  sad.gif  Love the cuddles tho! So I've been ph34r.gif here and on FB waiting for Beck's ppinkstork.gif news! I even popped in to her DIG blush.gif

Mel - Best wishes for a beautiful Wedding Day wub.gif

Mandy - Ella's 6th Birthday is 5 October  happy.gif

Hi Cas and Kylie waves.gif

xxx

#22 *ella*finn*

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:42 AM

I'm sure Beck won't mind me sharing her news with you all -

Welcome Earthside Eloise  babygirl.gif
Born 2.15pm Friday 18 Sept - 3.38kg

wub.gif

Have a great weekend, Ladies xxx

#23 MnM

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:15 AM

Oh fantastic ive been dying to know how it went!

Very pretty name too wub.gif

Thanks for letting us know, hope your little boy is feeling better today.

Im off to see Wicked tonight ssleep.gif so tired, im not sure how i'll manage.

Edited by MnM, 19 September 2009 - 11:15 AM.

#24 twogirlsandaboy

Posted 19 September 2009 - 11:45 AM

Congratulations Beck and family on the arrival of Eloise. Love her name, can't wait to see some pics when you get home. wub.gif

#25 Shadowess

Posted 19 September 2009 - 01:40 PM

Congratulations Beck!! Lovely name! Will look forward to seeing some pics soon...

Not much happening here..

fee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.