April 06 Parents # 183

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
69 replies to this topic

#51 scuttlebutt

Posted 26 September 2009 - 12:23 PM

Hey everyone, just having some down-time while the kids have naps/quiet time.  We had another dust storm this morning, not as bad as the other day, but yet more soil on our terrace to clear up, lucky I hadn't started from the other day!

In exciting news for us, we have booked a trip to Thailand at the end of Oct, for 12 nights! We can't wait (although not looking forward to the 9 hour flights lol)

We have also had a crazy week, and more to come next week, I have to take the boys to an ENT to investigate the nearly constant ear infections they had this winter, and Austin has to have a blood test on Friday to see how his anemia is going, then gastroenterologist appointment the week after.  I am so glad we have reached our medicare safety net or we would be seriously broke lol!

#52 Freyja

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:24 PM

Hi guys,

Had an eventful day so far  biggrin.gif . I went shopping with my sister and we got a pedicure done- heaven! Then went to Hogs Breath for lunch. we were chatting once we had finished eating when  my water broke  blush.gif There was a puddle underneath me and my pants were absolutely soaked. Quite embarrassing. My sister ran to buy a towel for her car and now I'm just at mum's house waiting for things to start. I have a few niggles but nothing too serious as yet.

#53 LittleDCJ

Posted 27 September 2009 - 04:06 PM

Yay Kristy, how exciting.  Hopefully you will have baby news soon.  How long does your hospital leave you after your waters break?  Do you have a buddy from our group to SMS and share the news?  OMG, I am so excited for you!!!  Best of luck with it all and I can't wait to hear the news that your little one has arrived.

#54 scuttlebutt

Posted 27 September 2009 - 06:26 PM

Kristy!  Hope things are moving along for you now!  Can't wait to hear the news biggrin.gif

#55 Stumbles

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:38 PM

Oh yay Kristy!!!! How exciting!!!! Can't wait to hear all about your news! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#56 tomkatsmum

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:15 AM

Well Kristy, that is certainly some wonderful news for a monday morning......cant wait to hear more. hope all is going smoothly for you.  

Congratulations Sulee and family on the safe arrival of Declan.

Kate Woohoo about you trip to thailand. sounds wonderful. Hope you get some answers about the boys from the ENT.

Nat hop the bug has passed and you are feeling better. Yeah to Joel and his undies. Hope he continues going well for you.

Tracy How are you going? I can't believe Declan is 5 months already. Hope you all survived the dust storm the other day.

Suz So sorry that things didn't end wel lwith your family day carer. I can understand how upsetting it would be when you have been with her for so long. Perhaps there is something else going on with her. I hope you have been able to find something else that suits you guys.

US well it's school holidays here so we headed off for last week up to Cowra in NSW which is where the inlaws are doind some relief hotel management. we dorve all the way back from there to sale on friday whi was a huge day. The kids were so god though. Dh and i seem to have picked up some bug while we were away which has left us both with massive headaches, running a fever then going to being freezing cold. It was a tough day yesterday as we were both feeling lousy, but the kids are off to daycare today so hopefully we can get some rest.  I hate that we always get sick on the holidays!!

Its Tom's 5th birthday on the 7th although he is not having a party this year he has asked if we could go to the movies. so we are going to celebrate his birthday next wekend, just the 4 of us, by going ou tto lunch and then to see UP.

other than that things are just travelling along, so not going to complain.

Hi to everyone one else, will be popping back in all day to check if there is any news from Kristy.

Love to all.
Sharyn

#57 shelldar

Posted 28 September 2009 - 01:48 PM

How exciting Kristy.  Can't wait to hear some news  biggrin.gif

#58 2forSuz

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:26 PM

Oooh, just checking in for any baby news from Kristy!!   Can't wait to hear  bbaby.gif  
Hi to everyone  waves.gif

Edited by 2forSuz, 28 September 2009 - 03:26 PM.

#59 natw

Posted 28 September 2009 - 05:07 PM

BABY NEWS!!!!

Just got this text from Kristy  bbluestork.gif
It's a boy! Owen Paul born at 12.20pm today. 3.88kg 53cm 35.1cm head circ. We are doing well after a slow start to labour but quick finish.

I haven't even been online for the last few days and hadn't seen Kristy's post from yesterday, so I was wasn't even expecting a msg yet!!

CONGRATULATIONS Kristy, Paul, Sophie and Rose on the safe arrival of Owen Paul!!  babyboy.gif

#60 LittleDCJ

Posted 28 September 2009 - 05:19 PM

Congratulations Kristy and family on the safe arrival of Owen. I bet his big sisters are very proud of their new brother.  Can't wait to hear all about it and see some pics.

#61 shelldar

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:30 PM

Congratulations Kristy and family on the arrival of Owen Paul!

#62 Stumbles

Posted 28 September 2009 - 08:02 PM

YAY!!! Congratulations Kristy and family on the birth of your new son, Owen Paul!! How exciting! biggrin.gif

#63 2forSuz

Posted 28 September 2009 - 09:11 PM

Congratulations Kristy & family and welcome little Owen!!!  So happy for you original.gif   babyboy.gif  ddance.gif

#64 tomkatsmum

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:28 AM

CONGRATULATIONS Kristy and Family on the safe arrival of Owen Paul!!! babyboy.gif  eexcite.gif

What fantastic news. can't wait to see the pics.  wub.gif

#65 ~cackleberry~

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:20 AM

Congratulations Kristy and family on the birth of Owen Paul!  babyboy.gif

#66 LittleAnnie

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:33 AM

Congrats Kristy & family on the birth of Owen Paul!

#67 Freyja

Posted 01 October 2009 - 12:46 PM

Hey everyone! We are home, Owen is sleeping and amazingly Rose is playing happily by herself (let's see how long THAT lasts). Thankyou so much for all your congrats and well wishes.  bbighug.gif

I'll put together a birth story at some point but the general details:

Water broke lunch time Sunday, nothing happening by 5pm. DH convinced me to go to hospital to get checked so I reluctantly went in. Very mild contractions, temp was up. They got me to hang around to see if labor would start. After a few hours I asked to go home but I was told I couldn't because of my high temp. They put me in a bed upstairs for the night and sent DH home. I had contractions between 5 and 15 mins apart all night - not active labour but enough to make sure I didn't get any sleep. Exhausting. At around 10am they sent me down to delivery to get induced. I was 3cm. Drip went in at 11am, he was born at 12.20pm. The first time I didn't need stitches either - such a better recovery this time!  

Rose is now asking me to paint her nails (knew the peace wouldn't last long). I'll go play with her and come back to post a pic a bit later.

Edited by Freyja, 01 October 2009 - 01:41 PM.

#68 LittleDCJ

Posted 01 October 2009 - 01:30 PM

Welcome home Kristy.  So glad to hear you had a great labour and birth.  Enjoy every moment as they grow up too fast.

Had Carter's post-op ENT appt and all is going well.  He was most excited about getting a lolly at the end.

Been spending too much time on the Nintendo with DS.  I love playing Mario and get addicted to getting to the next level.  I also need to watch my language when I get frustrated so I've started saying 'shishkebab' which the kids think is hilarious.

Anyone got a long weekend coming up?  Dh has to work Sat but has Sun and Mon off.  We have a wedding to go to on Saturday but can't go to the ceremony as DH is working.  We'll go to the reception and then try to get to our 20 year high school reunion which is that night as well.  I can't believe it has been that long since we were at school.  DH and I went to high school together so we both know lots of people there.

Jarvis is doing well but has a really snotty nose.  He's waking at 6am every morning so I'm hoping daylight savings this weekend sorts him out.  he's loving exploring the house commando crawling.  He's often up on his hands and knees so he may crawl properly soon.

#69 2forSuz

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:28 PM

Awww, Kristy - Owen is gorgeous!  How are you doing?  Sounds like you had a great birth experience original.gif  I bet the girls just love their little baby brother bbaby.gif

Tina  - glad all went well at Carter's post op appointment.  Ryan has a DS but I've never really sat down and played on it, sounds like it could be a bit addictive wink.gif  No long weekend for us but I am looking forward to daylight savings starting.

Got a call from work today asking how to organise travel etc - my boss has left for Samoa this afternoon to assist (he's a forensic pathologist).  Such an awful situation there.  The girl who job shares with me always rings on my days off rolleyes.gif

Amelie had her 3.5yr check up today with the GP, all is good.  She was giggling while the doctor was checking her tummy and using the stethoscope on her chest, so funny.

So who watched Hey, Hey last night and who watched Masterchef?  We watched HH and taped MC.  Ryan thought HH was hilarious (the small amount he watched before bedtime).

#70 natw

Posted 01 October 2009 - 10:04 PM

Awwwwww Kristy Owen is just gorgeous  wub.gif He looks so content. What a super quick birth in the end! Glad you are recovering well. I bet the girls try to smother him with love  happy.gif

Sue I watched Masterchef (love that show!) and then the second bit of Hey Hey. It really was just like watching it when it used to be on, hey? What a difficult job for your boss over there  sad.gif  At least you know you're good at your job  wink.gif

Tina DH is working all weekend, so it will be a long and tiring one here  rolleyes.gif Wow talk about trying to fit a lot into your saturday night! Sounds like your reunion will be great fun with you and DH knowing everyone.

My Mum finally had her operation yesterday after having it cancelled two weeks ago. They removed one of her ovaries and it all went well with no bad news from pathology and being sent home a couple of hours later. So happy about that  happy.gif

Sooo tired so I'm off to bed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.