June 06 Parents # 264

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic

#26 Guest_philbysgirl_*

Posted 19 September 2009 - 02:45 PM

How adorable Gemma  happy.gif , are you recovering well?

#27 ~gemma~

Posted 19 September 2009 - 03:35 PM

Leah ~ Yes, recovering very well and feeling almost back to normal(if i ever was normal lol). Just get a bit sore at night if i have done too much, but thats it!

Kevin has been awesome, we are at his place now(going home 2moro) he is just so good with Kaitlyn, you would never even guess that she wasnt his, he just adores her. Kaitlyn is going under his last name, so that they all have the same name. Aaron doesnt even know that she is here, and i dont plan on telling him either, although i do feel guilty that i havent told him, i just think, he knew i was pregnant, he knew when i was due, and he hasnt bothered to contact me at all since i was 18-19weeks pg. He wouldnt care less if i told him anyway. I will tell Kaity when she is old enough to understand that K isnt her father, and i will tell her any info i have in regards to where A is or at least his name. Kaity will probably realise that she looks different to the others(A has tongan in him so no matter what, she will look different) so im sure she will ask one day anyway.

Kevin and i have been getting along really well, and whilst he does have his moments, so do i, he made a mistake, but so did i, and we are working through all that, but he has proven to me that things can change. The kids hate being at my place, they miss their dad when we are at home. Its just all wait and see where it all leads to at the moment. He is really all the support i have most of the time, i only see my mum every now and then.

Didnt end up taking J to my mums, just couldnt be bothered. My niece left this morn so once i go home its just me and the 4 kids, not really looking forward to that one!!

Well spose i should go and sort something for dinner...instead of sitting here boring you all with all my crap

#28 ~NatB~

Posted 19 September 2009 - 07:40 PM

Gem - sounds nice, my only advice is take it slowly, don't rush. but it does sound as if things might be a bit more settled than last time. She is gorgeous, what a fab head of hair. Take care.

#29 4littlebirds

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:37 AM

Hey chickys
I think most of you know that I'm having a girl by now! Here's a link to a 3d Pic this was the best of a bad bunch, but I was still pretty happy with getting to see her and finding out 'it' was a 'she' lol. I'm 27 weeks and counting  tthumbs.gif

Other than that I've been busy the last few weeks setting up a webstore for work and that is up and running now so I have a little bit of breathing space this week!

Gem - she is just beautiful, cluck, cluck!

Kira - hope you are feeling better mate, whooping cough - that's crazy, but I guess that's how the little babies get, when our immunity runs out and adults catch it. Thankfully you're one of the responsible ones!

Mell - that gym sounds great, how handy, although I only ever went to my gym from 6am and other morning times, I guess if people work weird shifts it could be handy being 24 hours.

Have a great week everyone biggrin.gif
Emma

#30 Guest_philbysgirl_*

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:03 PM

I can see her Emma, how exciting! I think the 3D scans are amazing. happy.gif  Has the naming debate started at your house?  Are the other girls helping you to decide?

#31 seepi

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:53 PM

Gemma - she is gorgeous!! Such a great size - both of mine have been skinny minny babies. You sound as if you are doing fantastically.

Emma- I'm sure your new munchkin is gorgeous too.  You always sound like you are getting so much done.

It was lovely day here today. We went to Floriade with playgroup and Adele walked and ran for hours without whining to be picked up - for once! She can walk forever, she has energy to burn, but as soon as she is bored she wants to be picked up or go in the stroller (especially if Jasper is in the stroller.)

Jasper had been sleeping thru for 20 days, but had a feral night last night. My fault for messing up his day sleeps all weekend - and then they will be messed up today from daycare....and he is going tomorrow too, so I can take DD to dancing, so that could be the end of his great sleeping - I so hope not. I will be starting him back on his strict routine ASAP come wednesday - it worked like a dream as soon as we started it.

Cass

#32 MotherClucker

Posted 22 September 2009 - 06:37 AM

So excited biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Just a quick wave through to say hi to all of you. Emma and Gemma gorgeous girls you have there! Will post more later. Too excited today to sit still haha

#33 MacFeral

Posted 22 September 2009 - 06:41 AM

Hi all

Emma: I love your baby pic, so cute original.gif Well done on the store too, you did a great job  tthumbs.gif

Gem: That has gone so fast. She is adorable. Its nice that you and K are getting along so well. Lets hope it continues for both you and your kids.

Mell: I can't wait to get back to the gym. Its been a few weeks and I feel awful not going. I really got into a routine with it.

Cass: Ned is a bit like Adele. If he wants to he can run and walk forever but if not then he whinges to be carried. Its so easy for the little ones to have their sleeps put out. Isla is already transitioning to one sleep a day and they are all over the place at the moment (she only slept 15mins all day yesterday and fell asleep early at 6.30pm and just woken up now, the day before she had a one hour sleep in the morning and 2 and a half in the afternoon).

I'm feeling much better. I still have a few coughing fits, mainly when I first get up in the morning, but the antibiotics have certainly helped. I finish my course tomorrow and I'll go back to the Dr again on Thurs. Ned seems to be fine also. I'm going to venture out of the house today. I have to mail some things but that's all so I should be able to avoid the general population and I don't really cough much during the day now. I think the kids need to get out, it's been hard for them being couped up for 2 weeks.

Anyway, better go

#34 Xanadu25

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:56 AM

Morning all,

Gemma: Kaitlyn is just gorgeous tthumbs.gif  How are the kids with her?
Jack was great with Olivia at the beginning cos she didnt do anything - he was always wanting to help. Now she is walking/talking - he has competition so he can get jealous at time. though the other day he was sitting next to me watching tellin and Olivia walked over to him and smacked him in the face twice. ohmy.gif Cheeky bugger. Quite big slaps too. I think its payback for when she couldnt fight back.

Emma- great pic. It is so clear. Bet the kids are excited.

Shan- you sound like you have ants in your pants - I can feel the excitement thru the computer -lol.

Rach- I hear you about CC. I have decided to keep jack where he is. Council run one doesnt have enough hours. Our CC is open 12hrs a day but they both only go 3 days so I am not near the 50 hours. They are open all the time except public holidays which we still have to pay for but can get 1/2 rate if we let them know in advance.

Us; we went to the Melb Show on Sunday. DH was spontaneous and wanted to go. Havent been in years and by the end of it, you realise why. its exhausting and expensive -lol. And it was school holidays which DH didnt realise. Kids had fun though.
Then we all had a 2hr nap when we got home. They all slept well that night too.

tested out the car dvd player. Jack is hooked. watched Wiggles up and back. Quiet he has ever been in his whole life. Miracles do happen wink.gif

Okay, better go. Have mums group this morning and goota bundle kids in the car.

Susie

#35 ~gemma~

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:58 PM

Susie ~ The kids adore her, but i suspect once she is on the move it will be all fun and games. Madison gets Jordan back big time now, she certainly has a temper on her, if he gets in her way look out LOL.

Emma ~ Congrats on another princess tthumbs.gif i think she looks like your girls already biggrin.gif

Nat ~ Slowly all the way. I do like my own house and my own space, but its actually nice to have him around biggrin.gif

Well best be off, not that im going to do anything lol

#36 4littlemonkeys

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:44 PM

Hi girls,

We just had the parents induction night at the boys school for next year.  It was good to get more information. DH nearly fell asleep roll2.gif as he thought it was boring!  My Mum had the kids so thank god we didn't have to take them! wink.gif

I am off to Canberra tomorrow so very excited to see Lara, JP, Audrey & Angus and of course all the other Canberra girlies!! It will be great fun!

Not much else happening.. just busy as always with working / studying but all is going along quite nicely!

waves.gif

#37 friendly68

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:38 PM

Hi Girls,

Just wanted to pop in and say a quick hello.  I try to read every few days, I generally get 5 mins to myself here and there.

All the kidlets are well, girls seem to be putting on weight okay considering they are pretty much only on formula.  Stopped solids again about a week ago after they reacted to plain choko (one of their 3 good foods), but it may have been related to a change in the type of Neocate formula we got.  But I'm thinking of starting solids back up tomorrow again.

We've had a few doctors appts, but have the immunologist appointment is coming up on the 5th October - we thankfully got in on a cancellation - otherwise our appt wasn't until July 2010.

Caden is a real full on little boy at the moment.  Just seems to go full steam ahead.  Georgia has cut her first tooth, while Morgan is the real active one on her tummy.  Georgia is pretty good on her tummy as well, except I notice she likes to sit back and watch and then do when she has it all sussed out.

Wow and they have these little moments with each other where it will end with one in tears and me being the referee already at 7 months old.  I actually caught Georgia pulling Morgan's hair on video last night and making her cry.  Morgan then tried to pull Georgia's hair, but didn't get the same reaction, Georgia then just grabbed more of Morgan's hair and let her have it.   biggrin.gif

Anyway better get to bed.  Will catch up again soon.

#38 C.C.S.

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:48 AM

Morning!!

Sorry I've been MIA lack of proper internet and still trying to get our other house ready for putting it on the market and unpacking here life is pretty crazy still.  I'm not complaining though, but it does mean that I loose touch with my internet life...

Chayse and Seth are going great guns, Seth has many moments during the day this week when he doesn't like to be put down, and most of early hours this morning too, but all is good he is healthy and growing quickly so I can't complain.  We did the Photos and Twinkle toes last Friday - just lovely - get to pick the photo's up next Friday and I can't wait!!

Chayse is a great big brother, loves to help with Seth and loves to give cuddles, kills himself laughing when Seth tries to suck on his face/nose/arm etc and then keeps trying to get him to do it again, it's enough to melt your heart!  He has had moments where he won't have anything to do with Seth and he does compete for my attention but that's to be expected on a whole he's been much better than I had hoped for.  Having said that, dh has stepped up and is getting dinner ready some nights and every night (when he's not on night shift) he's getting Chayse ready for bed etc so it has helped alot, especially considering dinner time (5 - 7pm) is when Seth is his whingiest...  but we're working well as a family and loving the new house so all is good our end.

I can't believe it's been almost 4 weeks already!  time certainly flies when your having fun.  

I haven't had a chance to read back and catch up but I will try to keep up from now on.  WE just had a REAL house phone connected today so should be able to get our normal internet up and running soon.. got to  love Telstra - nearly 2 months to connect a standard house phone!

HOpe everyone is keeping well, Gem congrats on your new bundle, hope your enjoying your newborn cuddles, Shannon - Hope your loving your time away, hopefully you come back to qld soon and I can try to catch up then.

Hello to everyone else.

Char.

#39 C.C.S.

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:54 AM

Morning!!

Sorry I've been MIA lack of proper internet and still trying to get our other house ready for putting it on the market and unpacking here life is pretty crazy still.  I'm not complaining though, but it does mean that I loose touch with my internet life...

Chayse and Seth are going great guns, Seth has many moments during the day this week when he doesn't like to be put down, and most of early hours this morning too, but all is good he is healthy and growing quickly so I can't complain.  We did the Photos and Twinkle toes last Friday - just lovely - get to pick the photo's up next Friday and I can't wait!!

Chayse is a great big brother, loves to help with Seth and loves to give cuddles, kills himself laughing when Seth tries to suck on his face/nose/arm etc and then keeps trying to get him to do it again, it's enough to melt your heart!  He has had moments where he won't have anything to do with Seth and he does compete for my attention but that's to be expected on a whole he's been much better than I had hoped for.  Having said that, dh has stepped up and is getting dinner ready some nights and every night (when he's not on night shift) he's getting Chayse ready for bed etc so it has helped alot, especially considering dinner time (5 - 7pm) is when Seth is his whingiest...  but we're working well as a family and loving the new house so all is good our end.

I can't believe it's been almost 4 weeks already!  time certainly flies when your having fun.  

I haven't had a chance to read back and catch up but I will try to keep up from now on.  WE just had a REAL house phone connected today so should be able to get our normal internet up and running soon.. got to  love Telstra - nearly 2 months to connect a standard house phone!

HOpe everyone is keeping well, Gem congrats on your new bundle, hope your enjoying your newborn cuddles, Shannon - Hope your loving your time away, hopefully you come back to qld soon and I can try to catch up then.

Hello to everyone else.

Char.

#40 ~gemma~

Posted 25 September 2009 - 03:30 PM

Sounds like Seth has settled in well Char. Good to hear everything sems to be going well biggrin.gif

Hi to everyone else, just thought if pop in quickly

#41 Xanadu25

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:10 PM

hi all,
just testing out the new sig as it might be shortlived -lol.
Anyone else watching the footy tomorrow and any other Sainters in here? tthumbs.gif

#42 laraq75

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:21 PM

GO CATS!!

Nope Susie - this is Rach and I am so NOT going for the Saints! laughing2.gif   Love the sig though!

#43 MRT

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:36 PM

I'm going for the Saint's Susie - although to be honest I really don't mind who wins. I just think it would be nice for St Kilda since they haven't won one in ages. I think it will be a really tight game though and good to watch.

Not sure if I'll get to watch the game, although I should get the last half in. Zoe has a make up swimming lesson tomorrow and then we are off to a friends place to meet her new grandson. She has to leave to drop him home at 1.30 but I desperately need some new flat shoes suitable for work so I might call into harbour town while I'm in the area. I've had a few friends tell me lately that there are heaps of good kids clothes there at the moment and I don't have any suitable flat shoes for work. I normally wear high heals but like to have flat shoes as an option in case my back starts to get sore. I figure with the footy on and the weather sh!thouse the place should be empty. So I hope to be home to at least see the last quarter. Harbour Town isn't undercover though so if it's too nasty and cold weather wise I'll give it a miss.

Not much else to report, there was no Playgroup today so Zoe and I had a nice day at home, we made cupcakes and banana bread. Work has been hectic. We have a new Group General Manager of HR and he has asked me to take on his diary management and doing things for him which I was quite chuffed about. Means I assist the GM of HR and the Group GM of HR now - pity the company is broke or I'd ask for extra money original.gif It's good though because I have unrestricted access to their emails which means I know pretty much everything that is going on before it happens!

#44 Guest_philbysgirl_*

Posted 27 September 2009 - 05:19 PM

Happy 1st Birthday Angus

Go Cats!!!!!!! Wohooooooo.

#45 laraq75

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:24 PM

Leah - thanks for the happy birthday message for Angus.

We had a great day celebrating Angus' birthday.  I am so glad that Rach was there to help me out or else I think I would have gone insane.  I think Angus was pretty overwhelmed.  He seemed to party after everybody left.

We had a lovely dinner with Rach, Roni and Nat on Saturday night.  The food was so yummy.

I hope everybody else is keeping well.

Bel - where are you?  I hope everything is ok

Shan - from your fb your trip to Queensland looked fantastic.

#46 laraq75

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:53 AM

I will just keep talking to myself

Here are some photos of the birthday boy and his cake.  I think most of you have seen them on fb.

#47 Guest_philbysgirl_*

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:16 AM

Awesome cake Lara, well done.  What presents did Angus get?

#48 MacFeral

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:10 AM

Awesome cake Lara, love it and have filed it in my memory bank for a future cake for Ned.

I just had 2 wisdom teeth pulled at the dentist. One half of my face is numb and I keep tasting blood and its hard to swallow. I am dreading the locals wearing off but otherwise I am fine. Having an easy day today as a result.

Hi everyone else  waves.gif

#49 Xanadu25

Posted 29 September 2009 - 02:00 PM

Kira, you are a brave woman. In the dentist chair unsure.gif The thought frightens me.
I had 2 done under GA. Bit of a wus for pain I am. I have had 4 GAs in about 4-5 yrs. There are great biggrin.gif

Lara, awesome cake. Cant believe Angus is already one. all the kids are just zipping thru the days so fast.

Hey, any one from Vic ever been on the Thomas day out at Puffing Billy?
We are taking the kids on the 10ths. Cross the fingers that the weather is good.

Susie

#50 BelnBen

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:50 PM

Well, let me just start by saying I have read back through this thread, but beyond that - not a clue!!!!!!

Thank you to those who were concerned about me (from this thread, I noted Cass, Mell, and Lara).
And thank you so much Mell for texting me last night!! It got me jolted to finally get back on here - that's why you haven't seen a reply text from me - I thought I'd just do it all here! Thanks so much for thinking of me!

Anyway...... thankfully all is fine here, have just been super busy!
In a nutshell:
- I had my audition for Strictly Speaking - went well, dried on first paragraph last line, then panicked about how much precious time it wasted, but didn't choke, just waited till it came to me,then finished in heaps of time! Had to do on the spot impromptu - "Snip snip"!!!! was topic! Average - as usual for impromptus for me, but overall I was pretty pleased. Anyway, didn't make the cut, so will be interested to see who did.
- Was pretty flat out for that, then had Father's Day.
- Then getting organised to go away.
- Holiday in Coolum at the Hyatt. Had some well earned time away from the munchkins in Kid's Club and babysitting 2 nights. They both did well and B loved the Kid's club and was really keen to go. Expressing went really well for G and after a few week's battle with the bottle, we finally got her sorted out. B's swimming went gang busters!!! It all just seemed to click with him after having had a few months break from lessons (away from teacher who just didn't work for us!) and we couldn't keep him away from jumping in and trying to swim to us!! Couldn't turn our backs! Had 9 holes of golf - Aus PGA course and I played about my best round ever!!! Went to a comp tennis clinic and ended up with a private lesson! Played tennis and had a go at archery! Lots of swimming, not enough spa and after 5 of our 6 nights, we were finally relaxing!
- B was sooooo excited flying - screaming out "we're fllying, we're flying!!!!!!: as we took off and had everyone near by in hysterics! Got a slightly more subdued 'performance' on video on return.
- G flew well for her first time - no ear issues, but quietly had about the biggest throw up yet and I had no spare clothes in the cabin bag for her!!! So she got off the plane in the Bjorn in her nappy!
- She was unsettled the week prior to hol and week of hol and waking in the night(!). VERY BIG REASON WHY!!!! She has 2 teeth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She was 4 months old last Friday!! Poor mite! B was 9 mths when he got his first - and it was on hols!
- On return, had mad week prep for G's baptism Sunday just gone. Including a trip to Newcastle to 'introduce' Grace and see Mum's play she directed mid last-week. Of course, had to delay departure and cancel G's afternoon tea due to the dust storm! Then had to watch Act 2 on the dressing room monitor and then from the lighting box as the 'quiet, no trouble baby' Mum had told the cast about speny about 45 mins of Act 1 crying!!!!! (Teeth we presume!)
- Godparents flew in from Tassie and Brissie. Mix-up with checking date of Baptism with PIL's and then MIL didn't tell PIL and he'd already booked himself in about 6 mths ago to judge an Equestrian event then. BUT... as DH and I said, people do have things come up when they have to renig on committments like that, but he chose the horses and the Equestrian Society over his only granddaughter and possible # 2 of his only 2 grandkids!!! So we know where his allegiences lie! BIL made cut of a golf comp which was moved to that Sunday and SIL went to New York to a dog show!!!! (Surely she knew about that before last week's cursory reply!!!!) So poor Dh had his mum only there! Pretty poor showing and how's that for second child syndrome!
Anyway, it all went well, I feel I didn't really take any of the ceremony in, too worried about B, photos, videos and my boobs hanging out as the little catch of thread (for small boobs) on the front of my dress snapped as I was feeding G in the church beforehand and although everyone said it was okay, I felt a bit naked!!!!
- Pleased with cake - pics to come at some stage and menu all went well, but had to move it all inside due to wind - thank god for my hairdresser's appt on Sat  - hair held beautifully!!

Anyway, a few odd colds etc thrown in there and all is otherwise well. Have to get some blood work done soon as think I am experiencing a thing called something like Ventricular Ectopic - benign, but was worried when I kept getting this sensation after pg when they'd said it was probably just extra blood flow!

Okay, medals to anyone who got through that!!!!!

Gemma - Congrats on your beautiful arrival and great to hear all is going well with K!!

Char - congrats to you also on your arrival! We have the nose sucking (or biting!) thing to, but it is B biting G!!!

Kira - Hope the WC (!) is clearing up for you. Ouch on the teeth - hope you are over it now.

Rach - Good news on the boys progression!

Emma - 27 weeks already!!!!!!! Another girl!!! what's in the water up there?! LOL

Shaz - July 2010 for the immunologist!!!! Appalling - just as well you got in sooner!!! Hope they can help you heaps!

Lara - Happy first birthday to Angus - love the cake!

Hello to everyone else.

If I missed anything important - (Obviously I noted the births!) eg - pg's, jobs, break-ups etc etc, someone tell me! Lol!

Hopefully I won't drop off the scene so much in the near future!
Oh and G has now rolled both ways - did the hard one (back to to tummy) first!!!! And naturally I am now getting bitten! Think a top one is not far away too! She is just gorgeous and we had our thoughts on who we think she resembles confirmed by rellies on Sunday!

Here's a pic I took on Friday...

And here's the boy from a few weeks ago:

Cheers,
Bel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.