February 03 Parents # 163

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

#26 Keropi

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:53 PM

Michelle - yes I am beating myself up a bit.  I don't think I realised how much I wanted the job and haven't had the opportunity to speak to the people that interviewed me.  I hate putting myself out there only to be chopped down.

Gina - go for it!

Poor Ethan has had an impacted bowel this week.  No movement and has been in pain since last sunday afternoon.  He has had the whole week off school too.  Finally though the eagle has landed.  Poor sausage was begging for treatment that he hates because he knows it would work.  He has lost a lot of weight by the look of him and has big dark circles under his eyes.  Colour is finally back in his face.

#27 MichelleM

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:40 PM

Oh wow Julie poor Ethan, that sounds terrible.  I'm so glad he's managed to get through it though.  Is there a reason why he gets so backed up like that?

As for the job, it truly does suck especially when you think you've nailed it.  The only thin you can do now though is enjoy the weekend and debrief with the interviewers Monday.  Don't beat youself up though, easy for me to say I know!

We had the sports carnival today and I am burnt to a crisp (ddoh.gif I am sooo stupid).  Josh was very aprehensive about it as he is super competetive and wants to be the best at everything but isn't overly athletic.  Anyway, he came fourth in his running race and got a ribbon.  His team also came third and second in the team events so he was quite pleased!  Isabella was cool about it all, she's not athletic either but also doesn't have the passion for winning like Josh does so she was just out there enjoying the sunshine!  Scarlett was fabulous, sleeping for two hours in the pram (even though it was boiling hot!) and then sitting in the pram for the rest of the time except for when I was feeding her!  Totally shocked about that I must say but not complaining!

Josh midflight!

Isabella catching a beanbag

And because I can't help myself, this is just so Bel!

Edited by MichelleM, 30 October 2009 - 10:43 PM.

#28 Keropi

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:25 PM

Gorgeous photos Michelle!

Damien is gearing up for his Sydney to Wollongong ride tomorrow.  It's for charity so check your emails if you are able to donate.

#29 MichelleM

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:28 PM

Hi ladies waves.gif

Just a quickie cause my computer is cracking it . . talk about delayed reaction (letters are coming up a minute after I type them!).

Hope everyone is well . . . . lurkers, come back and say hi!

Told you it would be quick!

#30 Keropi

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:36 PM

Hi Michelle!!!  It is too quiet in here.  C'mon girls!

Had a lovely weekend entertaining.  Dreading the week ahead - report writing!  Aaaahhhh.

#31 FloralArrangement

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:45 AM

Hi there

It looks like we are all getting so busy with our lives. All is okay here it is a cool 29 today after 2 weeks of extreme heat yesterday being the corker with 43 degrees, ick. We haven't really been coping. Rose has had a rough time with it and it very sooky. Rob has gotten some molars in the middle of it all and is a lot cheerier now. He is 16 months and he has been with us for a year on December the 12th.

Tyler's family seem to have no desire to have a relationship with us that actually means they have no desire to be nice to me. They brought the kids into it and his mother said some totally unacceptable stuff at a horrible time in our lives so we have left it to them and they will need to fix it. We have tried over the years so we have to leave it to them.

All in all we are heading to a hectic time of the year. We have got a net tramp and a WII for christmas as whole family gifts. Rose is getting babushka themed stuff (she loves the wooden dolls), Daisy make-up and underwear stuff and Lily not quite there yet and Rob is getting a wooden musical set. Lily always likes gadget type stuff uses it for 2 minutes and then that is it.

Have to go now, pop in and say hi

Gina

#32 Keropi

Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:54 PM

Gina - what is it with IL's?!  
I can't believe you've had your baby boy for a year!!!  Gee that's gone quick.  Will there ever be a time that we can see photo's of him?

I can't believe it is nearly Xmas.  Not sure how much shopping I have left.  It'll sort itself out.  Work for me could be finishing up sooner rather than later as the teacher is coming back that I've been replacing and I need to be shafted out.  A bit sad after nearly 6 months of full time work.  And I'm a glutton for punishment and loving it - doing recorder with years 5/6!  

Kiddies are good here.

#33 FloralArrangement

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:31 PM

Julie his paperwork is before the court then n=more photos

#34 MichelleM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:49 PM

Oh Gina I'm so sorry your inlaws suck!  You are building your own special family though and your girls (and little man!) will benefit from it all when they have their own families.

Ahhhh Julie I don't know how you cope with teaching recorder, what a frustrating job that would be!

All's well here.  Kids are well and truly over school, Josh has lost ALL motivation and refuses most nights to do his homework.  That stresses me out, especially as Scarlett STILL has a witching hour (or two) and is grumpy from 3pm till 6pm and wants to be fed the whole time so I try to entertain her and get on Josh's back to do his work!  Isabella on the other hand just goes with flow and aren't I thankful for that!

Hope everyone is well xox

#35 FloralArrangement

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:25 AM

mellow.gif Michelle Rosie is just continuously crying so over school. I found this with all the girls until they hit 8-9 it's just too much.

The in law thing who knows.

#36 Keropi

Posted 24 November 2009 - 04:24 PM

Michelle - it is the end of the year - that happens, but really couldn't they slow down on the homework now?!  In a way it is gearing up here for my bigger kiddies - lots of music stuff, prefect speeches, selective applications and assessments to do.

Recorder is great!  Really it is good if the kids actually give stuff, but some don't and they don't realise that I will actually follow through with my threat of leading the kindy children in some Xmas cheer singing!

You girls should check out Aldi too for Xmas pressie's.  There is some good stuff.

#37 FloralArrangement

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:52 AM

WE DON"T HAVE ALDI we have crappy coles and woolie but we shop at fruit and veg place and foodland.

#38 Keropi

Posted 25 November 2009 - 04:38 PM

Gina - what a shame!  I love our Aldi, such good stuff and cheap.  

I took Aurora to the Opthamologist today about her redundant right eye.  There isn't much hope in restoring vision.  I will patch good eye for 2 months to try and improve the bad eye but if that doesn't work surgery is not an option due to her older age.  Darn it.

#39 FloralArrangement

Posted 26 November 2009 - 10:00 AM

That must be hard Julie. Amazing with all the technology and medical advances around that nothing more can be done. Eyes are such fragile things. How is Aurora handling it?

I would love an Aldi here.

#40 Keropi

Posted 26 November 2009 - 03:32 PM

Gina she is really upset.  Cried herself to sleep last night at 10.30pm, and this morning we found her ready for school but in bed curled up sobbing alone.  Poor little darlin'.  I knew this news was coming thanks to Dr google.

Gina - my family are nuts too.  I ran into a brother on the weekend who has my 10 year old niece that I haven't seen in 4 years.  I went up to them to say Hi.  Conversation with niece's mother ends up that they aren't stopping me from seeing my niece.  So I called yesterday, no answer after someone answered the first time then hung up and today the phone is disconnected.  Coincidence??  I don't even know why this brother won't speak to me.

#41 FloralArrangement

Posted 27 November 2009 - 08:45 AM

Julie, That makes me want to cry too in the end we know it isn't fair at all and somehow we need to help our child move forward.

Re: family. I have carried this burden for years and years about how awful I must be as a person and it is all obviously my fault but at least with MIL"S behaviour, she told us to go **** ourselves and because Tyler said to her "You could have called sooner" It took her 4 days to call after Lily rang in tears spoke to FIl and said Grandma died. This was 3 days after my car accident that Grandma died. Then she sent this revolting letter, in a sympathy cards, saying how angry she was with us which we recieved the day before the funeral. Apparently we live in a perfect world and treat them like sh*t. Apparently they are beyond blame. Anyway I am gla dit hasd happened now a huge burden has lifted from my shoulders and I don't feel 100% responsible, they have behaved pretty badly. Also my SIL hates me, has done since she was 12, so 25 years and we expressed that as well. Won't like that at all.

I don't know why your brother and his family are behaving that way they obviously have some bee in their bonnet (invisible by the sounds).

I wrote back to Ty's parents and said that them making a point at the time they did was a horrible thing to do. I am so over it. Other stuff as well about everyone acknowledging their part. That they have put me in the role of horrible DIL and that isn't fair. Ty and I have apologised for any part we may have played in the relationship breakdown but nothing from them. Just letters of martyrdom/victim from her. I would say that no one has ever said this stuff to them.

Oh well ain't life fun. At least we are off to a party this weekend. I will have a drink but am not at any other time and am going to take care of my weight and fitness and focus on my husband and kids.

#42 MichelleM

Posted 27 November 2009 - 01:06 PM

Oh no Julie, what terribly upsetting news for you and Aurora.  She must be feeling a little frightened and ripped off poor love.  Biggest hugs from us xoxo  What terrible and odd behaviour from your brother too, I would be just as confused and hurt as you must be feeling.

Gina I am shocked by your PILs bahviour too!  You sound as though you are far better off without them and the stress they cause you all, although it must hurt.  

On the count down here for the end of the year.  Never have I wanted a year to end so much.  Personally, I've had a great year but for everyone around me, their year has sucked, my poor brother especially, copping more than one person should be able to handle but still he goes on.

#43 Keropi

Posted 27 November 2009 - 03:45 PM

Thanks for your support girls.  Poor Aurora is still really shaken by all of it and is having trouble sleeping still.  Might see if I can find a natural remedy at the chemist to relax her.  She is happy at the moment playing the Wii but she is sitting less then 1 m away from the 120cm screen to be able to see it.  
Brothers phone is reconnected again, I wonder if they will answer later.  The kids really want to see their cousin.  

Gina - you so don't need that crap.  Their timing is incredible and not to return their granddaughters phone call is disgusting.  I beyond caring about me in this ridiculous family situation but it is heartbreaking and confusing for the children involved.
Michelle - what has happened to your brother?

Ethan is 11 today and I'm so mean - we went to the butcher quickly and the barber was free so I made him get a haircut.  It was like chopping off his pinkie!  He has been spoilt rotten, lots of lego, smart car stuff from Germany.

#44 FloralArrangement

Posted 27 November 2009 - 07:00 PM

Lol at Ethan hope his haircut wasn't too murderous. The pressies I think my brother would be very envious of, lego boy forever.

Thanks for the supportive words as you can imagine it has been a horrible time which his parents have just excerbated. I am finally at a point where if they ever do contact us I am extracting an apology, maybe surgically. I mean Lily was talking to her dead great-grandmother at night and telling me I didn't need to cry because she would always be around. These people need to visit the wizard and get a heart.

Michelle what is the story with your brother it sounds sad?

I cannot wait for 2009 to finish vamous....

See ya xx

#45 MichelleM

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:59 PM

I think we need a party girls, the sad sacks that we are (with good reason too mind you!).

With my brother, the things that have happened to him singley are not that huge but he keeps getting hit after hit which gets him down.  He lost his job a year ago (after 5 or so years for the company) and since then has lost THREE jobs just through down sizing.  So money is a huge issue that he's had to get through.  He's also had a failed relationship, has had to move back home to Mum and Dad's and, on his way to his new job this week (2 hour drive in pretty isolated country) his car broke down and he had to be towed to the closest town and quoted a massive price to get it fixed!  Anyway, I know things could be worse, much worse but I guess he never has been the most upbeat person and things like this drag him down lower.

Agh well that's me, Scarlett is awake!  Night girls xox

#46 Keropi

Posted 28 November 2009 - 12:06 PM

Michelle - your poor brother!  I'm remembering now you have a hard time sometimes getting to see your neice don't you?
I hope his new job sticks.

Must go Ashie going out with the neighbours, and getting ready for Ethan's mates coming over for a Wii tournament.

#47 Keropi

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:48 PM

OMG my brother actually brought my niece over and she had a lovely time.  Aurora and her got along so so well.  She only got to stay for a couple of hours though but I have a feeling she will want to see us again.
Oh and 11 and 12 year old boys smell.

#48 MichelleM

Posted 29 November 2009 - 01:36 PM

Wow Julie what a turn around, how fabulous for you all!  Hopefully this marks the start of you guys forming some kind of relationship.

As for boys, 6 year old boys smell too!  Although Josh started wearing deoderant this term and it's made a hell of a difference.  Now just to stop his hair getting that sweat/muddy smell every day (and yes, we do wash it lol!).

Sorry Gina, I know it's a horribly sad situation and, like I said, they suck!  BUT I did laugh when you wrote "need to visit the wizard and get a heart.!!

Josh and Bel have a birthday party this afternoon to go to and I am taking pics of some friends for Christmas.  Well actually Gina you could help me with this.  Instead of friend I was going to write Brett's foster sister and her kids but I don't like labelling her as the 'foster sister'.  However she was only in their lives for 4 years as a teenager before she moved states to live with her boyfriend and only reunited with the family 6 years ago (she's 40 I think).  So that makes it hard calling her a sister as they never had that kind of relationship.  I do feel she is family though......  I don't know, I don't even know what I'm asking really!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

ETA: Strange, first double post in years!!!

Edited by MichelleM, 29 November 2009 - 01:37 PM.

#49 FloralArrangement

Posted 29 November 2009 - 06:06 PM

Michelle

We do not use the word foster if we can help it. I would use the term sister. 4 years in a young persons life is significant.

Julie I am very happy for you with your brother visitng.

Michelle I hope your brother has a betrer 2010.

Have had a huge cry this weekend a good thing by all accounts. His parents can go and **** themselves.

#50 Keropi

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:16 PM

Oh No Gina don't cry, what did they do now?

And my brother didn't visit, he just dropped her off and sat in the car while his partner brought her in.  We won't have a relationship again, but I am glad that I got to see my gorgeous niece.

Michelle - Josh wears deodorant?!  Ethan doesn't yet, but his hair smells yukk when it has been hot, so if it is hot everyday, he washes it everyday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.