September 06 Parents # 205

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
84 replies to this topic

#51 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:53 PM

OMG I have never been so happy, talon just said 'c' as in cat, cooper, caden, colour instead of tat, tooper etc. All without speech therapy too  eexcite.gif  eexcite.gif  tthumbs.gif

#52 Pinkbug

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:55 PM

Good idea on the naturapath. Go Talon! ddance.gif

xx

#53 Mandy1980

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:17 PM

That is awesome Rebecca - way to go Talon!!!  ddance.gif eexcite.gif

Chen - TTC again.... ddance.gif Good luck with your decision!!

BBS

#54 Banana Pancakes

Posted 12 October 2009 - 06:46 PM

Go Talon!

Bec, great cake!

Chen , go for number three! Girls are cool but even without that you make beautiful boys!

Jilly, the countdown is on, whoo hoo!

P.s I got a little excited with all the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#55 Becca1605

Posted 12 October 2009 - 08:47 PM

Rebecca - ddance.gif eexcite.gif Way to go Talon!

#56 Bubsies

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:41 PM

Hi Girls - Just popping in to let you know I have a car now - a Toyota Rav4 - bit older but great nic and very low kms. Car seats fit, is fuel efficient and has great boot space considering the car is so small overall...got it for a good price too, and the dealer delivered it from Albion Park for no fee and threw in 12mths warranty so pretty good outcome really....no repayments on a second car which will be very nice. And its blue!!! Nice change original.gif

#57 00ruby00

Posted 14 October 2009 - 03:46 PM

hi girls...

Some of you might have noticed something has been up with my comment's since yesterday on facebook...

Well... this  is why

In so much shock it isn't funny. Shane wasn't sure if it was a good idea to go ahead with the pregnancy..and have a termination..but I just couldn't go through with that. And after lots of talking.. we have decided... what's one more. He will be booking into have the snip...as I DEFINATELY don't want anymore.

Due 18th June! So close to Amaya's 2nd birthday the 6th and it also mean's I am going to be pregnant for my 30th =(

Oh and PLEASE don't say anything on fb.. there are ppl I work with on there..and family member's we don't want knowing yet. thanks

Thanks Jill

Edited by ~Kathreen~, 14 October 2009 - 04:09 PM.

#58 eeyoreangel

Posted 14 October 2009 - 04:05 PM

Kathreen - OMG!!!! ddance.gif Congratulations!!

Will bbl.

Tummy rubs and raspberries to all.

Jill(y)

#59 Pinkbug

Posted 14 October 2009 - 04:53 PM

Wow Kathreen!! ddance.gif That's so exciting! I had noticed some cryptic comments on fb laughing2.gif  I nearly asked what was going on but am so fed up with people not answering me when I probe so I've given up asking for the most part. Lol. Yeah, I've never had to worry about deciding on terminating but, now I've had my two beautiful boys, I don't think it would be an option for me. Like you said, what's one more?! wink.gif Good luck for an easy pregnancy!

I took Jasper to the dr today because he's been such a cranky boy and has also had a bit of a croaky voice. While I was there I also gave a sample to make sure he's still all clear for juvenile diabetes, and thought to get a referral to have his ears checked, if dr thought I needed to. Well he said that his ears and throat were ok...not great, but just to keep up with panadol. His 'sample' was all clear too, which is great. As for the hearing issues, I told the dr that I know kids speak louder when they have hearing issues, and that Jasper is the opposite, but I just wanted to make sure he's ok. This dr was a replacement one and apparently has had significant hearing loss since he was a child, and he said he's always spoken spoftly because of the different way he hears it in his head. Hmmmm, let's hope Jasper's ok! His appointment is for next Tuesday.

I've started a new fitness/weightloss program and have been feeling like I'm going to faint today! DH had to lie me down earlier and get me some food! I'm definitely not preg so must need to eat properly, drink water, and get more rest. I just mowed the backyard and feel funny again! Oh well, I need to cook dinner...I'll make sure I have some water first wink.gif

xx
ETA - meant to thank you Nadine and Mandy on your encouragement to ttc! Still thinking, thinking...trying to lose weight...thinking, thinking, waiting waiting for DH to get a job...thinking thinking laughing2.gif I wouldn't let any factors get in my way if I'd made my mind up but I haven't so am just using the fact that we're in a dodgy financial time (and that I have some kg's to lose) to give me a licence to not hurry with making the decision. I'm faaaairly sure we will go ahead though, at some point wink.gif

Edited by Pinkbug, 14 October 2009 - 04:59 PM.

#60 00ruby00

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:09 PM

Chenoa- Thanks hun! Hope everything is ok with little Mr J. That is one thing I am spewing about, reguarding weight loss... I have in the past couple of months lost 13kgs..... now falling pregnant. *sigh* it happened when I started losing weight after I stop breastfeeding Zahli... fell pregnant with Amaya lol. I am never losing weight again LOL.  So much for my trim taut and terrfic for my 30th LOL I will be 19/20 weeks pregnant instead LOL.

#61 Mandy1980

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:43 PM

CONGRATULATIONS KAT!!

A surprise I am sure but 4 makes things even!!  laughing2.gif  We might even be pregnant at the same time.  I think I am 4DPO, and we did plenty of BD this cycle, I guess we will know in a week or so.  But it will also mean I would be pregnant for my 30th too!!   Awesome news anyways!!

Chen - hope all is okay with Jaspar.  Sometimes kids just have some "quirky" parts of their personalities.  My Tyler is a perfect example.  I had him tested for a few things about a year ago - hearing, sight, behaviour etc, all turned out fine and he is now a very confident little 5 year old.  Long story short, but go with your gut and follow through the tests, but I am sure he is all good!!  

Gina - I love Rav 4's.  Altho too small for my troops!!  I just recently bought a 7 Seater Pajero, which I totally love!!  New cars are so exciting hey!!

Anyways, I haven't been able to pinpoint ovulation this cycle but all signs indicate around CD15-16, which puts me between 3-4DPO.  I know it is too early to see any signs, but I have been feeling a bit nauseous and have been sooooooo hungry, like crazy I NEED TO EAT RIGHT NOW hungry!!!  laughing2.gif  My test date is the 23rd, lets see if I can wait til then!!!

BBL

#62 Dons

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:14 PM

Hey girls

All ok here, lost my sh*t abit last week with media but am ok original.gif

Congrats Kat that is awesome! I still love seeing BFP pics lol Great news luv xx

Gina - I love Rav4's we are looking at getting one (I also love the Captiva's and Honda CRV's lol) but won't be for abit yet need to pay off Dh's first!

Chen- Hope is all ok with Jasper and goodluck with ttc original.gif

Gotta fly bbl

Edited by MamaCougar, 14 October 2009 - 06:14 PM.

#63 Banana Pancakes

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:42 PM

Whoo hoo Kat! Congrats!!!!!!! Im so happy for you guys.  I saw fb as well but I never thought it would be a bfp. Just keep reminding dh that he must have super sperm!

Chenoa, lol, no worries about the encouragement ttc. I love babies and you make very cute ones! Good luck with ds appointment. Keep us posted, my fingers are crossed for you! Ive also started a diet and exercise program. I have at least 10 kilos to lose though more like 15 to get back to pre Belle weight. I use calorie king to track my cal's per day. Im hoping to fit into some of my old clothes by xmas.

Mandy, you cant keep us in suspense until the 23rd! Not fair, lol! All my bits are crossed for you guys.

Dons, oh I really wish I lived closer to be able to give you a hug in person. Hang in there mate xx

Gina, congrats on the new car. It sounded like a great deal. Our car is blue and I love it.

#64 Dons

Posted 14 October 2009 - 07:24 PM

Dons, oh I really wish I lived closer to be able to give you a hug in person. Hang in there mate xx

Aww thanks matey that means alot - am ok it's out of the paper for now , had counselling am ok

So excited about bfp's, babies born in this group original.gif

#65 terriw31

Posted 14 October 2009 - 07:50 PM

CONGRATULATIONS KAT!!!! bbabyflip.gif Whoo hoo! That FIFO job really gets those swimmers swimming! LOL

Dons: My heart breaks when I read/hear/see any of those stories - I can't imagine being that close to it.  sad.gif

Chenoa: Well done on the TTC and weight loss! cclap.gif I'm sure everything is ok with your little lads - they are such gorgeous boys!

Gina: AP is such a great place! cool.gif Well done on the new car!

Nadine: How is your weight loss/fitness journey coming along? You've inspired me to dust off the wiifit and break out the walking shoes....we must get together some nights to go walking....quite hilly out your way!

Jill: How are you enjoying maternity leave? Try and fit some pampering in there ok?

Us - not much to report aside from trying to lose some kg's before xmas  rolleyes.gif , work  rolleyes.gif and a complete lack of time  rolleyes.gif but on a lighter side, the house is Sloooowwwlllyyyy coming along and its amazing how different rooms can look without black & white walls  huh.gif

Edited by terriw31, 14 October 2009 - 07:51 PM.

#66 Banana Pancakes

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:05 PM

Terri, that would be great. I could use the extra motivation, lol! I'll have to come around to see Kiara's room. Does she like it?

#67 Dons

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:42 PM

we must get together some nights to go walking....quite hilly out your way!
Gosh the amount of junk I ate last week (yes emotional eater) I should jog to NSW and walk with you 2!!

Glad the house is going well Terri very exciting original.gif

Nighty night

#68 Pinkbug

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:01 AM

Ha ha ha "jog to NSW and walk with you..." laughing2.gif You guys are entertaining tonight! biggrin.gif

Thanks for all the congrat's...careful though with the congrat's for ttc! Lol, haven't made the decision to actually ttc yet, just think that I'll make a decision soon. wink.gif Sister Mandy, if you're reading this, no I'm not ttc and just forgot to mention it laughing2.gif

I'll catch up with the personal little messages tomorrow most likely, need to climb into bed yyawn.gif

Thanks too, just before I go, for all the well wishes for Jasper. Yeah, I'm thinking he's just fine now too...can't not check out at least his hearing though, now it's been advised that I do. Will let you know how he goes xxx

#69 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:13 AM

Congratulations Kat!! It did cross my mind when I saw your fb post, but then thought nah it has to be about a house or job or something! Was it from the time you took the morning after pill?

Does anyone know why I would be spotting 9 weeks post birth?? My bleeding had stopped before my 6 week check and the last couple of days brown spotting. I'm still breastfeeding around the clock.

#70 RosieTea

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:47 AM

HHiya

Kat = congrats Mitchell was our surprise.. Now talking of next one original.gif

Dons - what days do you have off?? Playcentre????

Terri/Nadine will be up before xmas...Dinner again??/

Mandy = fingers crossed

Chen - good luck with your decision... you do have beautiful boys

Bec - not sure why you would be spotting.. Exellent news on Talon speech.

Becca = love hunters cake.

AFm - Mitchell is feeding 3 hr so bit tired, need to get to bed earlier. Love our new man feels like has always been here. uploaded new pics with connor and Lach on f/b..

#71 Pinkbug

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:35 AM

Thanks! Ooh, best go and check fb for those new pics!

Rebecca, with Jasper I had months and months off from AF but after I had Gabriel I got AF again very quickly...I didn't even have a month off. Could your spotting be AF, sounds like about the timing I had with G anyway.

Got to run, DH has to go to nearest city to meet with potential employer and I have a few things to do before he goes.

xx

ETA - I was bf both boths exclusively at that point too so don't know why AF came so soon after G!

Edited by Pinkbug, 15 October 2009 - 10:36 AM.

#72 00ruby00

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:33 PM

Thanks everyone... still in shock... and hasn't sunken in.

rebecca- no not from the morning after pill. That was about 3  months ago I think lol. But no accident this time.... No we were using any "protection" but we didn't have an accident iykwim. lol so obviously some excaped some how.

#73 tintoela

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:09 PM

Hi everyone,

Kathreen - Congratulations!  Wow another bub in this group. Yeah!

I have been pretty busy lately but should be able to get in here a bit more often now as i am back to 3 days at work instead of 4 - Yeah!

An update on my dramas - my dad starts his chemo tomorrow for his lymphoma - he had surgery and they cut out most of it but couldn't do the whole thing as it was wrapped around muscles and nerves etc.  So hopefully chemo will get rid of the rest and so far it hasn't spread.

My girlfriend from school had a stroke last week and was almost a goner but managed to turn around and come back to us - luckily as she has 4 beautiful kids - she is on a long road back though will have to have speech therapy and physio to walk and her balance is shot and memory not soo good.  That was a big shock to us all when it happened and makes you appreciate what you have.

ttc - all on track this month - hoping for a bfp should be o day today or tomorrow so gotta get some more bd in tonight.

sorry about lack of personals - will be back tomorrow - gotta go get dinner going.

#74 ashayden

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:12 PM

OMG KATHREEN!!!!
I haven't been in here for ages (because of my stupid computer, I've been missing you girls) and I come on to see that your pregnant. I'm in shock!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Going back to read more and catch up. Just had to reply when I saw that.

#75 ashayden

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:20 PM

Just saw the time and i promised DH I'd meet him at the house soon so I just wanted to say Hi before I logged out because who knows when my computer will let me get back on again.

Roof tiles started today YAY!!

All going well here just really busy!!!

I really miss chatting with you guys. I have applied to study nursing next year, so we've decided I need a laptop. So hopefully, when I get one, that wont be so tempremental and I can get back to being a regular in here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.