September 06 Parents # 205

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
84 replies to this topic

#76 terriw31

Posted 15 October 2009 - 07:49 PM

Jodie: OMG! So much to deal with right now. There was a girl hurt in a car accident nearby yesterday who is friends with a girl I work with. She nearly died and the hospital called family around today - if she survives she has a long struggle ahead too. I am just struggling with the 'blink and its all changed' thing.

Nadine: tthumbs.gif If I am time poor for much of the weekend mornings, maybe we can fit in some productive afternoons? ie a hilly walk? Kiara loves her new room - just need to decorate it. Any ideas on where to get some canvas' prints at a reasonable cost?

Paula: tthumbs.gif like I would miss an opportunity to have dinner with you and meet your new little man wub.gif You know where to find me.

Chenoa: Thinking of TTC still warrants a huge congrats! I joked with DH last night (after seeing twins on TV) aww - we could go one more (jokingly!) and he said knowing our luck we'd end up with multiples!

Kat: That's dicing with death mate! laughing2.gif mind you *cough* i have diced before...DH never got round to making that snip snip appointment!

#77 Tongue~In~Cheek

Posted 15 October 2009 - 08:38 PM

Congrats Kat

#78 ~*troops*~

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:46 AM

congrats kat that is awesome news. heres to a boring 9 months

um thats all i got sad.gif sorry got home from work at 4 this morning and im struggling.

bbl

#79 ashayden

Posted 16 October 2009 - 10:39 AM

Whoo hoo 2 days in a row.

Jodie and Terri- Unfortunatley it seems to be the time for it. Wednesday last week there was an accident not to far from where we are living atm in which a 5 yr old boy died. His family is in our circle of friends. His Uncle is the Pastor at our church. It was devastating because nearly 3 years to the day the boys father died from lukemia. He was a friend of Dh. The Mum and older brother are still in hospital. I can't even begin to understand how devestated that family is atm.

#80 Tongue~In~Cheek

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:13 PM

Stormy - llove.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/wendy1970/036.jpg

I'm overwhelmed

#81 eeyoreangel

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:31 PM

Hi Guys

Just a quick one from me.  Ended up in hospital this morning as a result of spurious labour.  Cervix is completely closed but the contractions were there but not regular.  

However had a quick u/s while I was there - bub is currently head up so she better turn quickly or I am going to miss out on my VBAC.

So sorry to hear about people in accidents in the last couple of weeks - not good at all.

Anyways will bbl.

Tummy rubs and raspberries to all.

Jill(y)

#82 Dons

Posted 16 October 2009 - 07:41 PM

Hi All

I have laryngitis (yay says DH Tounge1.gif) so am going to curl up in bed with my new Jackie Collins book what a nana but am exhausted I got laryngitis when this whole thing at work happened and one of my mums said it's a sign of grief and not being able to fully talk about it -who knows but I hate feeling bleugh

Jilly - Hope you are ok and your little lady turns soon bbighug.gif

Paula - I am always up for a catch up - I have Mon/Tue's off usually Tue morning I have mum's group though but can always miss it original.gif

Ashayden - Congrats studying nursing I am wanting to do it but hours/time etc put me off I struggle now meeting deadlines!

Jody - Hope you dad is coping ok with chemo how is your friend doing? How old is she? So frightening having a stroke you have alot on your plate atm bbighug.gif

Troops - Tounge1.gif Poor ole luv getting up at 4am

Kat - A girl I used to work with had twins (they have just turned 1) anyway had a scan yesterday as she is 11 weeks pregnant and yup it's twins so she will have 4 under 20 months  ohmy.gif

All you ttc girls hope this month is a positive one - I always dream of that 3rd!

Anyway miss chatting in here

Have a good w/end xx MWAH xx

#83 Mandy1980

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:19 PM

oomg.gif 4 under 20 months!!  

#84 00ruby00

Posted 16 October 2009 - 11:35 PM

farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk 20 months!!!!!! far out... how is that possible! lol

Jill hope bubba stays put for longer and turns around.

thanks everyone for the congrats.... still hasn't sunken in.

Had a horrible day with the kids today...and Shane says " Oh great and now we are having 4"  : aannoyed.gif annoyed:

Gotta go.. finish making that cheese cake

#85 tintoela

Posted 17 October 2009 - 07:15 AM

Jill - hope bub turns quickly for you.

kathreen - gotta love the comments dh comes up with. I went and took  5 mins to myself the other night after work as jess was all over me and wouldn't leave me alone and i went and lay on the bed and he pokes his head around the corner and says what are you doing? I said just hiding from jess for 5 mins and he says........... and you want more kids........  

My friend who had the stroke is doing ok. Out of icu now but has short term memory problems and balance is not good.  They are still not sure of the extent of things atm and she still has good days and really bad days.

Dad has his first chemo session yesterday - will be giving them a call tomorrow and see how its gone as i think he will be needing the rest so don't want to annoy them too much.

Am off to dinner and the movies tonight with 3 girlfriends - yeeehaaa.  A night out on my own.

Have a great weekend everyone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.