October 07 Parents # 61

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#26 Jayniepoo

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:12 PM

Good idea Jen!  biggrin.gif

Have just replied to the fb msg, but will post it here too original.gif

Mmm yes we did all get a bit busy (or slack  wink.gif ) didnt we?! All is ok here - i'm sure you all see my annoying and frequent status updates LOL Amy is certainly.....spirited LOL She is so lovely, but has become such a handful! Fingers crossed she grows out of it soon! She is in day care on Tuesdays and Thursdays so then i have a wee bit of a break and can spend time with just Phoebe.

Phoebe is going really well. She is 10 months old now and is crawling, pulling up on things and is just generally a happy and great baby. Love her to bits hehe wub.gif

Ummm what else? Have been quite busy with the business Peta and i started up (Smiley Tots) but loving it!! Not sure about Peta, but i dont remember what i used to do with my spare time LOL  

Looking forward to hearing from you all and hope everyone is doing well xoxoxox

#27 serenity77

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:47 PM

Hello everyone!!

Wow, its been a while, thanks Jen for the reminder original.gif

Its great we have been able to still keep up with each other thru Facebook but yeah, its nice to be back here too!  Had to recover my password because I couldn't remember it lol.

Yes, we have been a bit slack hey!!  I have been terrible, cannot recall last time I was on here.

Well done Jayne and Peta!!  Smiley Tots looks like an awesome business and I hope you are both enjoying yourselves original.gif

Well done Dani with her photography business!

I have started (well last year anyway) my own small business as an independant Phoenix Trader selling gift stationery and small gifts and loving it.  Also thinking of reviving my old business branching out into other gifts as well so all systems go here!

Kids are great, Alyssa is 6 and a half and loving school.  She is in Year 1 this year.  Kristian is going well.  We had some weight issues after he had pneumonia last year but he is back to normal and being a normal boy.  Still haven't approached TT yet as I don't think he's quite ready (different to Lyss who was using the potty at 1!!!)  Hopefully soon though!

I'm working at Coles 3 evenings a week (down from 5!) just doing the close of the Service area etc and I have another job from home with a recruitment agency typing resumes and doing data entry for them.  I would love to get rid of Coles and take Phoenix further but Coles is like bread and butter at the moment!!  I know Phoenix can grow but I have to be more brave at approaching people and that is not easy!  The product sells itself once its in front of people and it really is a great service BUT for the fact I am not one of those people to go door knocking or approach someone about it (except on Facebook where I know everyone already and even that can be scary sometimes lol!!)

Jen, don't you have a business now too?

We really are an entrepreneurial bunch aren't we!!

Wow, sorry guys, I wrote a novel lol.

Hope I can pop in more often and catch up.

Take care everyone

Jodie xxx

PS  HAHAHAHA, just saw my sig, its a bit old now!

Edited by serenity77, 24 July 2010 - 12:48 PM.

#28 *I~Dreamed~of~You*

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:04 PM

Heyaaaa!!

I feel so bad not chatting like we used to, but I guess lives take over .. oh and facebook helps out with keeping up to date too!  biggrin.gif

We are all a bit entrepre ... I can't spell it, but I'll just say we rock! lol

I've been fairly busy with the business and all of what comes with it, I totally love it though.
We just moved house and I love that too.
I love my boys.

That's about it really. lol.

Ryan, my gorgeous Octy baby, is such a lil character. He is really slow developmentally - only started talking in sentences now. But still as sharp as a tack, bless his socks.

Hope to keep up to date more often. wub.gif

ETA: Oh and Jen, gosh I'm so so sorry. Reading over this thread it totally looks like I am ignoring your questions directed at me. I just never read them. sad.gif

Edited by *I~Dreamed~of~You*, 28 July 2010 - 09:06 PM.

#29 jennifer*

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:14 PM

Hi all just a quick update from me....

I unfortunately have been diagnosed nearly a month ago with breast cancer.

Please please please do your monthly breast checks because at 25 I never thought it was important, sadly it can happen at any age. I am very very rare but I just hope being so young I can be that much stronger to beat it. I am glad I did a breast check a week after I refused one with my pap, I did it out of curciosity.

As for the kids, OMG how are they nearly 3 (or in some cases already 3)???I cannot believe Ethan is 3 in only 5 days. They were babies just yesterday. Ethan is so grown up. Connor is also 16 months old and growing so fast it scares me. I cannot wait for nuber 3 but unfortunately die to my medical condition I have to wait a few years sad.gif

I hope all is well with everyone else, take care and I will be in touch when I can!

Jen

#30 EMMATT

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:28 PM

Jen,
I am so, so sorry about your diagnosis. I can't imagine the things going through your mind right now. It must be so overwhelming. I hope you have supportive family and friends to help you and your little ones get through this. From my experience as an oncology nurse, age is definitely a bit of a benefit - you're just stronger and more determined. I know the faces of your gorgeous boys will pull you through this awful journey and you will come out the other side.

Please know I am thinking of you, and although I no longer work in oncology, if you have any questions at all, please just ask - I'll do the best I can to answer them as honestly as possible.

- Em

#31 Jayniepoo

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:23 PM

As you know, i am always here for a chat anytime at all Jen. Thinking of you often honey xoxox

Big hi to everyone! Hope all are going well. Wow we have 3 year olds!  ohmy.gif I have a one year old now also. Scary! hehe

In last couple of weeks we have managed to almost toilet train Amy completely ddance.gif So excited! Dont need to buy nappies anymore, cause Phoebe is in cloth, so its making things a bit cheaper - YAY!

wub.gif to all xoxo

#32 KAS

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:50 PM

Hi Everyone,
Jen - Thinking of you and wishing you all the best. You are young and you are strong, stay positive, know you have lots of support. There are lots of us here for a chat if you need one.

Jayne - congrats on the toilet training. Alexia has days where she will go and then days she can't be bothered.

Well I have a 3 year old as of today. Alexia turned 3 today! Where did that 3 years go. It seems to have just flown by so fast. She is our last so I guess I am also a bit sad that we are over all the baby years. We had a lovely family day today. Tiarna was supposed to be at school but the weather was sooo bad here that we kept her home. Ventured out to an afternoon movie instead which was nice.

I hope everyone else is going well. We are a quiet bunch in here now.
Take care

#33 leesev

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:43 AM

Hi everyone

I am looking for anyone on the southside of Brisbane (particularly around Moorooka) who has children born in or around October 2007.  I would like to organise some play dates with my daughter with kids her own age.

#34 Chewie

Posted 31 March 2011 - 07:01 PM

Hi all original.gif I've got a boy, Lucian, born 5th of October!!! Just thought I'd come on here and say hi and have some people that have kids the same age as Lucian.  biggrin.gif

#35 leesev

Posted 24 July 2011 - 02:52 PM

Hi Everyone

I wanted to get in touch with other parents who have a little one born in 2007.  We are in Brisbane & my little girl Victoria will be 4 on 3 October.

Hope to hear from parents soon!

Lisa

#36 jennifer*

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:26 AM

Just dusting off the cobwebs in this section laughing2.gif

Hi everyone waves.gif

I will pop back in as my new username soon although I am sure a few have their suspicions lol

I hope everyone is well!

leesev Hi! We have been neglecting EB and keeping in touch more on FB. Sorry about that, welcome to the group though original.gif

ETA Sorry I issed you there, but welcome Chewie I wonder if we can get the thread going a little more than 1 post a year, welcome to the group!

Edited by jennifer*, 27 January 2012 - 12:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.