July 08 Parents # 30

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#26 detta44

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:15 AM

Morning mummies

how are we all today..Its so hot at the moment i live in the riverina and its 42 today for day number 2 and both my girls arent enjoying im so glad my eldest charlotte (1.5yrs) was a winter baby, Mia my youngest was born in nov 09 and summer babies are worrying trying to keep them cool. I spent yesterday hydrating then and forgot about myself got the worst migrane last night think it was a first to be honest not nice. Hope all you mum are well how are your bubs going or tofflers should i say.

Are any of you guys on facebook?
x

#27 smithsholidayroad

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:05 PM

HI girls,

just popping in to say hi!

Love to you all on FAcebook!  wink.gif

All good here.  Enjoying holidays! Cooper is loving being at home and adoring his little sister.  She is full on but I love it and really really treasure her normal development, it is so easy.

think of you all often, especially those crazy enough to be ttc! lol you are all mad!  biggrin.gif

( wishing Bek and glitters a sticky one very soon!)

Bron xoxox

#28 Guest_MilkyBarMum_*

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:37 PM

Hey all, Just dropping in to say Hi! I will PM one of you for a FB addy so I can get in on that. *I live on both sites blush.gif *

I am ment to be cleaning the house, just have to do the lounge room and all is done ddance.gif *get the body moving some time soon I hope, so tired*

Hope to see you all soon. yes I am praying for my BFP this cycle!

#29 detta44

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE (MilkyBarMum @ 13/01/2010, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey all, Just dropping in to say Hi! I will PM one of you for a FB addy so I can get in on that. *I live on both sites blush.gif *

I am ment to be cleaning the house, just have to do the lounge room and all is done ddance.gif *get the body moving some time soon I hope, so tired*

Hope to see you all soon. yes I am praying for my BFP this cycle!

Hi Guys im on facebooks also would one of you guy mind adding me.
x

#30 detta44

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:37 AM

HI Mums

Juts got a quik question my daughter charlotte was 18months on the 11th of this month and people ask have started asking me if she talks as most of the itme she just goes on with ehr own little speel of words no one can understand she say mum dad hi hey meow 1,2,3. I was just curious people are getting me concern she is falling behind how many words she should know and be saying now and how many your little ones know?

Thanks hope you can help.

x   original.gif

#31 glitters

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:09 AM

Hi girls,

I dont have the power to add anyone to the group. Only the creator does. But i will let them know that you're here!!

Detta: don't be too worried about not nuch talking at 18 mths. Children talk when they are ready. Flashcards are great and so are books!!!

Xx

#32 detta44

Posted 18 January 2010 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (glitters @ 18/01/2010, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi girls,

I dont have the power to add anyone to the group. Only the creator does. But i will let them know that you're here!!

Detta: don't be too worried about not nuch talking at 18 mths. Children talk when they are ready. Flashcards are great and so are books!!!

Xx

That would eb great if the creator could add me..my email to add me to your facebook mummy's is bernadettesnudden@hotmail.com

Thank you for email back about the talking i had actually just thought about flash cards as an idea i was thinking if i couldnt find any maybe i could just make some on the computer...we try adn do as much reading as possible but with an 18month she loves the flick through the pages so it more just looking at pictures although she does tell a story in her own language whilst we are reading hehe.

Glitters not sure ive spoken to you on here before thanks for the reply.
x

#33 mesaana

Posted 20 January 2010 - 06:05 AM

Detta - sounds perfectly normal to me.  My first two had a verbal explosion around 15m, and now DS is looking like his is starting just before 18m.  It'll happen when they're ready.  If shes babbling a lot, you're reading a lot, singing, talking a lot - that all helps.  You can also do baby sign language as well - which can help them aquire the language and speaking skill earlier.  Have fun with it though - don't get caught up in what they should or shouldn't be doing until it really could be a problem.

Wrt to the FB group - I thought it was a closed group now and more members were not wanted....    dry.gif

I don't really belong to the group ... I just flit in and out every now and then.  Life is so so busy!   Hope you're all well and doing ok though.

#34 detta44

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE (lanfear @ 20/01/2010, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Detta - sounds perfectly normal to me. My first two had a verbal explosion around 15m, and now DS is looking like his is starting just before 18m. It'll happen when they're ready. If shes babbling a lot, you're reading a lot, singing, talking a lot - that all helps. You can also do baby sign language as well - which can help them aquire the language and speaking skill earlier. Have fun with it though - don't get caught up in what they should or shouldn't be doing until it really could be a problem.

Wrt to the FB group - I thought it was a closed group now and more members were not wanted.... dry.gif

I don't really belong to the group ... I just flit in and out every now and then. Life is so so busy! Hope you're all well and doing ok though.

Hi Thanks so much for your reply, thats the one thing i didnt wnat to do get causght up saying she needs to do this and that and have her not wnating to do anything from being forced. Oh oops maybe i shouldnt be pushing to join the group im not sure what the group is called to be honest to try and join it....i thought maybe no one came on here anymore to be able to know i wanted adding. Life is very busy i get flat out with my two girls and i see you have 3 you would be much more busier than i. Have a great day, hope to chat to you again soon.
x  original.gif

#35 ellie41

Posted 22 January 2010 - 08:00 PM

Wrt to the FB group - I thought it was a closed group now and more members were not wanted....

Yes that is what I was told too and another reason I don't really come in here much.

Hi lanfear - how are you doing?

Hi detta - nice to see someone new in here original.gif

#36 Sandiccc

Posted 22 January 2010 - 10:32 PM

Hi all,
I just want to clear up any confusion over the FB group..

There was a late July 2008 DIG on EB and we taliked on EB for a long time.  Over time, we started talking on FB and we formed an Inbox message thread.  Facebook limits these threads to 20 recipients.

We don't "MEAN" to be a closed group, but we're limited by Facebook.   There are a few girls who come in to EB from time to time. I hope you July 08 girls don't think we're antisocial....

#37 mesaana

Posted 23 January 2010 - 02:21 AM

Thanks Sandiccc - I didn't realise that was the case.  My other EB PG have a FB group too - so I assumed it was the same.   If you start a group, but make it completely secret - so that membership can only be invited by an admin, you don't run into limited membership problems.  We have a huge number of chat topics, a lot of things we wouldn't put on the www normally but need to discuss it with our friends, photos that can't be seen by everyone else, etc.  Whether others are invited to join or not perhaps you should make your FB group a real group - much easier to keep track of - and you can separate discussion topics too.

Hi Ellie - so so sorry I haven't kept in better touch.  I have been so flat out with work and life.  I'm heading overseas today, by myself - my first time without the kids, so am feeling a tad anxious about it all.  But I'm sure it'll be fine.  Anyway, I may have a bit of extra time then and will send you a message.  I hope all is well  biggrin.gif

#38 ellie41

Posted 23 January 2010 - 09:46 AM

That is interesting sandi as I was told by a mum in here that new members were not welcome in the FB thread even if there was room for them as the old members wouldn't feel comfortable discussing things with people they didn't know. Or perhaps it was just me that wasn't welcome wink.gif

My June 2010 DIG has also set up a FB group and we aren't restricted by numbers, similar to the one lanfear mentioned

Have a great trip lanfear - where are you off to?

Edited by ellie41, 23 January 2010 - 10:35 AM.

#39 mesaana

Posted 23 January 2010 - 03:42 PM

ellie - I'm going to NZ and AU!!!  I'm actually in LAX right now .. charging up my laptop lol.  I'm so tired and want to go to bed.  It was very hard leaving the kids behind, I'm hoping I'll sleep for most of the trip over to NZ - I have a conference there for work.  Then onto AU to meet up with some collegues (and meet up with a heap of friends too ... where do you live?).  

#40 ellie41

Posted 23 January 2010 - 04:48 PM

lanfear - wow....how excting! I remember very well the trip from London to LA and then Auckland. It was a killer so I don't envy you that. I can imagine it would be hard to leave the kids behind but enjoy it! I am in Perth so if you're over this way..... original.gif

#41 10YearsLater

Posted 23 January 2010 - 09:19 PM

Hi girls,

It's been a VERY long time since I have posted in here (hi Bron biggrin.gif)

But I just wanted to clarify what Sandicc has said about the facebook group. It is not a group as such (ie. we haven't set up a group through FB), it is actually just a message thread that one member sends out each month to all the other girls - that is why there is a limit of only 20 members. You can only send a message to 20 people at a time. It was discussed whether we wanted to take the group to circle of moms to include newer EB members but the consensus was, nobody really liked the circle of moms layout and we never posted much when we were in there originally. I just don't want EB ladies to feel like we are deliberately excluding people because if we could add more to the message thread, I can assure you, we would biggrin.gif

Also, on the talking thing. We have been discussing that lately too because one of the mums was told that at 18 months, your LO should be saying about 50 words and all I can say to that is WHAT A LOAD OF BOLLOCKS. My DD DOES say about 50 words but I am pretty sure the 'average' is not 50 words... going by what other online mums and RL mums have been saying, it is perfectly normal if your 18mo is still saying next to nothing. Of my mother's group (there's about 30 of us, only 2-3 of the kids talk at about Abby's level and from our FB group, there's only about 2-3 again). I'm not saying this boastfully, it is merely to point out what the 'average' or 'norm' is. Hope that eases your mind a bit Detta.

Hmmmm, might come back in here more than once a year Tounge1.gif

#42 anotherwinterbaby

Posted 24 January 2010 - 04:17 PM

Hi everyone,
Popped in to say hi! First time is a really, really long time!!! Hope you are all well- happy and healthy!

All good for us- have sold our house and moved to Toowoomba (West of Brisbane), bought land (1.5 acres) and are getting sorted out to build  original.gif

The girls are all good- Liv's off to school this year (actually, she's off to school in 3 sleeps...lol, not that we're counting!!!). Sophie's 4 in April and as gorgeous as ever. Ava is 18 months and is a complete daredevil who is such a cutie!!! Ava's speaking lots (although this is only in the recent weeks), active as anything, has all her teeth except 2 yr molars, still waking up most nights, still has a dummy and bottle, 13.8kg, and LOVES mixing it with her big sisters  rolleyes.gif

The days are always chockers, hence why I decided to stick to FB- the days aren't long enough for me to commit to 2 sites LOL!

Anyhoo...big girls going nutty- better go!

take care, Rach

BTW, will have to change my name here...DEFINATELY not anotherwinterbaby coming to this family  biggrin.gif

#43 love~my~4

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:55 PM

very funny Rach, are you sure there's no more Winter babies???

#44 detta44

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:42 AM

Good Morning ladies

after hearing back from so many of you i feel much better about my 18month old daughter speech thats for sure i was thinking 50 words was just crazy i think it was a bit of the green eyed monster poking fun as in my childs smarter etc etc bit silly i think...charlotte going well she is learning and we are reading alot more too...as for miss mia she is 9.5 weeks and has now suddenly decided to not sleep all night as she was but to wake from 3am and cry till i go into her room and smile cheeky bugger lol it is cute but missing my sleep lol....i have contemplated returning to work i had an interview last week and should hear back today but its a full time property management roll i think it would be too much on my kiddies and they are only babies for such a sort time..ive such a busy day just gotten home from an appoitment ...and then meeting our builder this afternoon and chasing banks all day haha re the new house each time we build it so exciting but the banks drive me batty lol....i see one of the other mums is building also how are you finding it all?

have a great day mummies xo

#45 anotherwinterbaby

Posted 29 January 2010 - 04:52 PM

biggrin.gif   biggrin.gif   biggrin.gif ......no!! No more kiddies for us Kylie :-) More than happy to be moving on into the next phase....yeehah! We've escaped babyland...well almost  wink.gif

Detta44: Yes, we are building too! Or I should say, we should start the build in April (fingers crossed!) We are still at the extremely tedious pre-build stage- confirming plans, choosing colours, and the bank (need to get onto the bank now!!!!). DH called the broker we used to sort out our land purchase- waiting for a call back from him today. Where are you building? Are you building with a private builder or a building company? We are building with Perry homes- building a 'ranch-style' house on our 1.5 acres. It's going to be a monster- 5 Br + study (it's 36m from one end to the other!!!!!). I'm going to stick a GPS on the girls to find them in this new house LOL!

Oh, just had the call from the broker- all sweet  wink.gif

Well, our big baby had her first full day as a school girl today! She is so exhasted this afternoon!!! She had a fabulous day- so quiet now though!!!!

All good here otherwise!

later

#46 love~my~4

Posted 06 February 2010 - 09:13 PM

Ok, so I thought it was about time I popped in to say I'm UTD. Yep number 4 for me   biggrin.gif  I'm 12 weeks now, and looking like I'm at least 16 weeks. Popped very early, couldn't fit into my normal pants at 8 weeks. I was like that with number 3, so I guess this is no different.

Detta44, where are you building? Sounds like you've built a couple of houses.

Rach, how exciting having Olivia off to school this year. Are you sure you don't have room for number 4? I think your house will be plenty big enough  laughing2.gif

Bron waves.gif are you still popping in here occassionally? Hope all is well with you.

#47 glitters

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:27 AM

We're almost back!!!!

#48 detta44

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:34 AM

HI Mummies sorry i havent been on for a while im organiseing our move we move saturday in the the inlaws to start building wow my hosue is def not gunna be 36m long lol...we are building about half an hour out of wagga we are building a 4bedroom  2living hosue yeh we have build and sold a couple havent managed to stay put yet..thinking maybe once we find the perfact home we'll know it lol....oh thanks again mums for ta;lking to me about charlottes speech she is now copying and repeating a few new words every couple of days so im very pleased about that..i see some mummies at little ones go off to school how diod you all handle this who was more emotional lol...

glitters number 4 go you CONGRATS..i think we are stopping at 2 they keep me flat out lol i dont think i could keep up with more although peeps have told me 4 and 2 isnt much different busy all the same...(i do see all that blue in the shops and wonder if many oneday a blue one would be nice lol but id ont tell friends and family that as we have 2 close togather they assume allw e r gunna do is pop out babies lol)

Chat soon mummies
x  original.gif

#49 newbie78

Posted 27 February 2010 - 12:11 PM

Why HELLO!!!!!!! waves.gif

It has been a millions years, and i don't know what even made me finally think to look up a parent's group. Things here are just fine and dandy.

I went back to work 3 days a week in July 09 and am doing the same hours this year but different days. I swindled Mon, Tues, Wed this year, so yay! to 4 day w'ends!!!

Nate is such a boy! He plays hard, but also sleeps hard, which is a relief. Well and truly into a little routine with one big sleep a day - can almost set your watch to 12 noon and watch the eye rubs and yawns roll in - and also a good little sleeper at night.

Exciting news is that we are expecting #2!!! Yippee!! We had decided we wanted 2-3 years between bubs, so I got the implanon thingy out, and BAM! we are 'with child' wink.gif. #2 is due late July, so we really snuck into the 2 years by a couple of weeks!!

Will be reading along to catch up more in the future. You are all sounding well and it is also very exciting to see a number of you 'cooking' away too!

#50 Sandiccc

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:57 PM

Hi Hayley, welcome back and CONGRATULATIONS on your bubba news.  Tamara has already had another  ppinkstork.gif bub, so has Julia  ppinkstork.gif .  Kyles and Vicki and Kylie and Shell and Bek are PG too.

Edited by Sandiccc, 08 March 2010 - 08:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.