October 06 Parents # 61

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#51 kristin5

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:35 PM

At least it's a start and you have to start somewhere, right?

Yes, I remarried 4 and a half years ago and Ryley is from my marriage (he's a honeymoon baby!) I am very glad I didn't have children with my ex as it makes it very hard when children are involved (my sister has split up from her partner this year, and they have 2 little boys). I am also a child of divorce (I was 9 when my dad left) so I have a bit of experience of it, from all angles!

#52 chookys2boys

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:18 PM

Wow I have so much to catch up on, but have had a real quick read.

Mel good luck with the councelling, hope it goes according to plan.

Kristin glad Ryley is doing well, I have been thinking of you for ages!

As for my stalker, Im pretty sure its my SIL, shes a piece of work, really crazy lady! I didnt want her to know I was pregnant until we knew everything was ok, so I had to hide!!
I better go, been a very stressful day here, had a bleed and needed to make sure bubby was still ok. So far so good!!

Anyways be back on monday to properly catch up!!

#53 rainbowdolphin

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:40 PM

hi
just thought i would drop in & see how all the kids are going?
my little man started kindy & is loving it!!! i cant believe he is so grown up & off to school.....
he is my last baby (i have 3 kids) so its a strange feeling knowing im now out of that baby/toddler stage forever & life is moving ahead at rapid speed!

so how are all the mums going with off to kindy?
any new siblings for them?

#54 chookys2boys

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:29 PM

Hi all!!

Yes I have been MIA a bit lately!

Alex is doing well in Kinder, he is getting a referal for a speech therapist soon, so hoping his talking improves!
He is also adjusting really well to being a big brother! Todd was born 4 days early on the 2nd feb weighing a healthy 8lb7oz! He is doing very well and is gaining about 350-400gms a week! I am not breastfeeding him anymore, too much stress here. DH has been diagnosed with depression and it is making life here very difficult. I am practically a single mum, looking after 2 little kids plus a big kid! Very exhausting!

I hope you are all well!

#55 kristin5

Posted 08 March 2011 - 03:06 PM

Congrats on the birth of Todd, Bec! Yay! And good to hear that Alex is loving being a big brother.

We are doing well here. Ryley has started early intervention for his speech delay and fine motor skill delay (he is a terrible drawer!), which doesn't seem to be helping much but he has at least made a best friend there. He is doing speech therapy at early intervention, but that has just made him get a terrible stutter, so I am thinking of easing back on the speech and just letting him improve in his own time (he was doing really well over the Christmas break, and it is only getting worse now he has started back at speech therapy).

He has toilet trained as well, so that was a huge thing and has made us all very happy.

He is in 4 year old kinder, but we will probably have him repeat next year and start prep (we're in Vic) in 2013. This way we can get his speech sorted (we'll have 2 years) and make sure his toilet training is going well, before he has to be on his own at school. We need to work on his attention/concentration too (apparently he wanders away at kinder when something doesn't interest him). I'd also rather he was the oldest than one of the youngest (nearly everyone holds their kids, especially son's, back over where we live, so October/November kids become the youngest in the year level). My only concern with this is that intellectually he is so ready for school, even this year, so I don't know how he'll go staying away next year too.

We are planning a trip to Disneyland in October for Ryley's 5th birthday - it's hard to say who is more excited, us or him!

That's all I think. I hope everyone is keeping well original.gif

#56 *Mischief*

Posted 26 November 2015 - 12:57 PM

Edited by *Mischief*, 09 April 2017 - 11:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.