September 06 Parents # 206

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#26 tintoela

Posted 21 October 2009 - 06:51 PM

Hi everyone,

Congratulations on your BFP osmummy!  Yeehaa.

Jill - bugger about the breech bub - hope it does a miraculous turn for you!  As long as bub is healthy and you get throught the c/s ok is the main thing.

rebecca - thats not good about talon.  Does he have to have speech therapy to help him prepare for school the following year? And its a shame because you have to have him at home with you another year too. I am already looking forward to jessica going to school and its still 2 years away!  Good on cooper for letting mummy get some sleep hope he keeps that up.

well i am 5dpo today and just waiting waiting waiting - i hate the 2ww!  We are off camping this weekend so that should distract me a bit getting ready, going and coming home again will be busy busy busy.  I am not feeling good though - have a very sore throat and feel a bit tired so think i have some bug.

Ok thats it for me for now - off to shower and early to bed.

#27 Bubsies

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:40 PM

Hi Girls - WOW!! More congrats in order for O's mummy original.gif original.gif Must be the month for BFP's to report in here Jodi so I really hope you have one on the way too - will cross fingers for you original.gif

Jill - I didn't see on facebook about your bub but just wanted to say there is still a chance this bub will turn on her own!
I know space in there is running out but Hayden turned breech at 34weeks on me head up, one leg in front and the other folded neatly under his bottom so was very uncomfortable for a few weeks and then one night - at 36weeks spot on while I was in bed he turned on his own but my lordy was that very unpleasant for me - I had to jump up and get on all 4's to make room for him to turn (don't aske me why I did that but it seemed natural at the time lol)....I can't imagine there was much room left in there for him at the time given my size and that he was born just under 4kg not a day overdue but it IS possible original.gif If she doesn't turn I hope the c-section all goes well and you have a super speedy recovery!!xx

Having periods of nerves and excitement lately and heaps of muscle cramps which OB tells me I need magnesium supp for so will hopefully get onto that tomorrow....had a win with centrelink today too so things are looking up a bit here - just lots of bills to pay also and car rego to transfer, insurance etc etc....

original.gif

Troops - hows things? Missing you in here and dons... waves.gif

#28 Dons

Posted 22 October 2009 - 11:24 AM

rant.gif  rant.gif  rant.gif

http://www.theage.com.au/national/bridge-d...91022-h9tq.html

81 witnesses.....

Thanks Bubsies  wub.gif Glad you are getting excited

Congrats Osmum!

Have broken my little finger (at work) so have to go to drs and get an xray waste of time but company 'policy'

BBL xx

#29 Mandy1980

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:57 PM

Dons - I heard that report on the radio this morning and felt like punching the speaker...Can't say I am surprised with our justice system, but it should still not class as a defence of his actions!!!  Hope your okay!!  wub.gif  And hope your finger is fixed quickly.

Congrats O's mummy!!!  That is awesome news, and to happen naturally is just amazing!!!  Heres to a smooth 6 months for you!!!  eexcite.gif

Jodi - Like Gina said, it seems like the month for BFP's in here so fingers crossed you will join us!!!  hands.gif  Have fun camping!!

Jilly - sending you baby turning {{{vibes}}}!!!  Hopefully she turns in time for you!!!  original.gif

Rebecca - sorry to hear about Talon.  How old is he again??  And how does the school system work over your way??  Over here the kids start kindy the year they turn 4 between 1 July and 30 June, Hard to explain, but hopefully that makes sense. Weird huh??  This meant that Tyler started kindy at just 3.5yo (as his birthday is in June).  The reason I ask is that even tho it may be upsetting now that Talon will start school a bit later, I am sure it will be beneficial for him in the long run.  I think I probably should have started Tyler a year later, as he has really struggled, from a social point of view.  He has come along in leaps and bounds the past few months, but I am still worried about he is going to cope with year 1 next year.  He will only be 5.5yo.  Anyways enough rambling from me.  

AFM - I am really feeling this pregnancy already.  I am barely 4 weeks and I have major nausea, even dry retching once.  One of my friends recons I must be further along so I have booked an appointment with the Dr for Monday to get checked out!!  

Better get back to doing some work!!  

BBL  waves.gif

#30 LittleWhiteDove

Posted 22 October 2009 - 01:08 PM

CONGRATULATIONS OsMUMMY!! Fantastic news!

Good luck for the 2ww, Jodi.

Dons, I can't imagine the heartache having this drawn out must be causing. I hope a resolution is reached sooner rather than later so you and all involved might find some level of closure *hugs*

Rebecca, sorry to hear the test results weren't what you'd hoped. But yay on getting some sleep!

Gina, how is it possinle you are 30 weeks already! I hope the supplements help.

Fingers crossed for a turned bubba, Jill. Are there any other ob's near you that would support a breech VBAC? I'll keep everything crossed for you to get your VBAC!

AFM - after thinking that Chubba Bubba might finally be improving his sleep, I was up for 2.5 hours last night, from 11.30 until 2am, and then started the day at 5. He's worse than he was as a newborn! Oh wel, it can only get better from here, right? right? (ok, I don't really care about your true opinion, but please just smile & nod and humour the sleepless one, ok?)

We're having a lovely quiet home day today - a bit of a rarity for us lately. Unfortunately, that also means that nap time = clean the bathroom time, so with that cheery thought in mind, I'll bid you adieu.

xx

#31 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 22 October 2009 - 01:14 PM

Mandy I felt really sick at the beginning with Cooper. Pretty much as soon as I got my bfp at 8dpo I started to feel disgusting.

Kindergarten in NSW is the first year of formal schooling. You have to be 5 by March 31st in Catholic Schools (which talon was going to) or by June in public schools. So Talon was going to be just 5 and would have been in a class with kids turning 6 so would have been one of the younger ones. So next year he'll be one of the older ones but wont be that much older.

I've contacted 2 preschools, still waiting to hear from one of them. Hopefully he'll get in as I think it will be really beneficial for him. Even though he's been in daycare for awhile now apparantly that's just not the same as a specific preschool.

jodi yeah he's going to be getting speech therapy and next month will also have an occupational assessment as well.

Dons I just don't know what to say  rant.gif

Christine WOW congratulations!! Is that what was ironic on fb a few months ago  wink.gif

My sisters down for 3 weeks as of today and I'm also off to Sydney on Monday so all very exciting atm. I can't wait to go back to Mona Vale where we had Talon almost 5 years ago  wub.gif

#32 Becca1605

Posted 22 October 2009 - 02:10 PM

Christine - Congratulations - fantastic news

Dons - oh wow 81 witnesses...well at least a date is set now...

Kat - we are coming over to Perth again...but only a quick trip so not sure we will get a chance to meet up this time

Hunter was sick last night...threw up 2 times...but he seems better today so fingers crossed it was just last night as we leave on Saturday.  We have been so busy getting our house ready for photos to list on the market..now just need to do the final clean up and it will be all good.  Photographer coming next Thursday.

#33 00ruby00

Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:54 PM

Congrats Christine!!!

Rebecca- sorry to hear about Talon.. Thinking of you.

Becca- cool when r u coming over?

Dons- ouch how did you do that?

Jill- Hopes bubs turns for you.

AFM- morning sickness urrrrggggh... just feeling so upset in the tummy all the time.. it's doing my head in.
Our building contracts are done.. so will be signing them on sunday... then all the fun of building will start,.

gotta run.. zahli is quiet in the toilet and been in there for a few mins to long lol

#34 Dons

Posted 22 October 2009 - 06:40 PM

I'm fine girls just abit agro with it all and you get on fb to her tribute site where ppl are saying horrible things about her.

Broke my finger the fees box made of wood fell off the wall and hit my finger - it always falls off (5 years in fact) this time it got me so in a splint nothing can be done with it until swelling subsides!

wub.gif

#35 Dons

Posted 23 October 2009 - 06:44 PM

where is everyone

sad.gif

#36 eeyoreangel

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:38 PM

Hey Dons - I'm here.

Just haven't got much to report other than I feel like cr*p and I will be so glad when this pregnancy is over.  Not sure whether she is head down but she has definitely moved so that is good news.  

Anyways - will bbl.

Tummy rubs and raspberries to all.

Jill(y)

#37 Bubsies

Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:19 PM

Hi Girls - just posting a 30week belly pic original.gif

#38 Banana Pancakes

Posted 25 October 2009 - 11:39 AM

Gina, what a great bump! Looks like dd will be big like her brother was  wub.gif
O.s mummy, congrats!!!!!

It would be so cool if all our pregnant mummies ended up in the same du in group. Sept 06' mafia!

#39 eeyoreangel

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:00 AM

Hi Guys

Just a quick one from me

SHE'S TURNED AROUND!!!! ddance.gif ddance.gif ddance.gif

So happy!  

Will bbl.

Tummy rubs and raspberries to all.

Jill(y)

Edited by eeyoreangel, 26 October 2009 - 10:01 AM.

#40 terriw31

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:14 PM

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Jilly!

#41 Mandy1980

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:41 PM

Awesome news Jilly!!!!  eexcite.gif

#42 ~*troops*~

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:40 AM

wowsers!!!!! congrats mandy and christine!! and to mandy again on 9 years today with troy happy anniversary

gotta run alive and semi well original.gif

#43 Mandy1980

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:55 AM

Awwwh, fanx Troopster!!!  wub.gif

#44 tintoela

Posted 29 October 2009 - 08:38 AM

Hi all,

Well no bfp for me this month! AF arrived three days early in fact.  At least i can have a few drinks at my sisters 50th birthday party this weekend.  We are going up the sunshine coast for it and staying at a hotel and jess is staying with dh's sister so am looking forward to it.  It is a woodstock theme so am off to the op shop today to see if i can find something to wear.

Jill - glad bubs has turned for you. Can't wait for baby news!

I have the day off work today and jess is at childcare so am relaxing which is great.

#45 Dons

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:31 PM

Oh Jodi sad.gif Hope you let your hair down at your sister's party

Just some info on Children 365 - I think we should celebrate children everyday but it's a good cause

http://www.amf.org.au/Children365/

Edited by MamaCougar, 30 October 2009 - 06:50 AM.

#46 hussey

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:52 PM

waves.gif

Hopefully you'll all remember who I am, it's been so long since I've been in here!!!

Congrats to all the new expectant mothers, how exciting for you all!

I've just finished my 2nd of 3 weeks prac teaching. I'm exhausted, but having a great time. I've got a kindergarten class, and can't believe how bad they are academically. They're making my kindergartener look like Einstein!

I'm feeling very lucky to have a kindy aged child though, as it makes it easy for me to know how to speak to them etc. I'm certainly looking forward to next Friday though.

That's all from me, I hope you're all well and your kiddies are too.

Sonja

PS: Any Melbourne mums up for a meet up around 30th December?

#47 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 31 October 2009 - 06:55 AM

Back from Sydney with all good news. Cooper has two types. cutis marmorata on his arms which is apparantly really common, I had it when I was young, and cutis marmorata telegiectatica on both his legs. This is extremely rare and even more rare that he has it on both legs. But it WILL go away and will NOT cause any retardation. He may have 1 leg  that is thinner than the other and the marks may ulcerate but that's it. So relieved!

While down there I went to Mona Vale where Talon was born and it was very emotional. Even more so because they had plastic sheets all over the windows of the maternity ward as it's closed for asbestos removal.

Cooper was great in the car, which was good as it was a 10 hour drive.

#48 tintoela

Posted 31 October 2009 - 08:01 AM

Fantastic news rebecca!  I bet you are feeling very relieved. That is great!

#49 RosieTea

Posted 31 October 2009 - 11:33 AM

Sonja would love to catch up with you original.gif

Bec - glad you got some good news

Jodi - sorry hear about your BFN, drink big and have one for me.

Troops - good to see you. Sorry to hear your not going to the USA now. Come visit me instead.

Well time to hang out the washing.. Old fogie me has the Bee Gees cranking  Tounge1.gif  Tounge1.gif  Tounge1.gif

#50 Pinkbug

Posted 31 October 2009 - 08:35 PM

Fantastic Rebecca, what a relief original.gif

Sorry everyone, I'll have to catch up later. I'm on fast draft and not feeling well either (either heat stress or sinusitis, not sure yet). Hope everyone is going well and having a relaxing weekend!

xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.