September 06 Parents # 207

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
78 replies to this topic

#26 Dons

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:53 AM

Big hugs Kat it must be a big shock for you both hopefully you will get some advice/support (I saw your post about twins)

Not ready to test! Need to chat to Dh more if it's +ve

Edited by MamaCougar, 12 November 2009 - 08:54 AM.

#27 Bubsies

Posted 12 November 2009 - 10:20 AM

OMG Kat!!!!!! That is VERY scary for me even and Im not you with no husband handy to throttle lol...

Gosh that changes some things doesn't it.....hugs to you!!!! Do you know if they will be identical or just twins yet -  I don't know anything about twins  blush.gif

Very exciting still - first multiple pg amongst up I think since I joined EB...

Dons - good luck to you too....

Nadine - lol, yes getting bigger and bigger and so very very round its kinda funny...

#28 00ruby00

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:26 AM

lol gina.. I am sh*tting my dacks lol.

I have to give up my studio in the house we are building now... for the (gulp) twins.. lol sounds so strange saying that.

I don't know if they are identical or not.. and I don't know how or when i would find out *shrugs* your guess is as good as mine... I am clueless about twins... i don't know anyone with twins :cries:

#29 Mandy1980

Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:45 AM

OMG Kat!!!!  That is actually the first thing Troy asked when we went in for our ultrasound, "Is there only 1 in there?".  I know easier said than done, but look at it as how clever you are, you not only created one other little person you managed to create 2 at the same time.  I know your head must be spinning but YOU CAN DO IT!!!   You guys are fantastic parents to your current three children, and have already learnt to juggle between more than 1.  You sound like a pretty cruisy person, and you will probably surprise yourself at how well you do manage.  Try and look at the positives....  If I wasn't a 2 day drive away, I would come and give you a big hug too!!  bbighug.gif

AFM - I have become quite aquainted with the toilet bowl lately.  Not actually vomiting, but dry retching, not sure what is worse, I just wish something would come up and it might actually make me feel better.  sick.gif

BBL

#30 Bubsies

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:13 PM

Lol - Kat....I'm with Mandy tho - I am sure you will manage somehow....I guess the rest of us can learn from your example now too  wink.gif You guys are obviously VERY fertile  blush.gif God - new stroller, carseats, beds, house, car?....eeekkk. My mind is boggling for you  laugh.gif xx

#31 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:42 PM

Kat I'm stilll in shock for you, but you will be fine I promise. You will just make it work and you sound like the type of person who will be just able to do it  original.gif

Funny that's what we, Mandy and I, were talking about just a few weeks ago.

Have you told your parents yet? Or Shane or are you waiting til he gets home?

#32 00ruby00

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:20 PM

just about everyone knows.. now  ( well close family).. I told Shane lastnight.. I was going to wait til he got home.. but a week is along time to wait. Plus xavier knew... coz he went to the ob with me.. so i didn't want xav to tell shane before I did.

yes, gina.. we need to buy all that stuff lol

Edited by ~Kathreen~, 12 November 2009 - 02:21 PM.

#33 tintoela

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:47 PM

Holy Crap Kat!  i saw your sig first before the pic and i was just staring at the screen going really, no, not twins, really!  wow
This is going to be a huge adjustment for you guys but you will do it. It will be crazy times but you will get through!  Hope the pregnancy isn't too hard on you.

How did shane take it?  Was he ok?  Probably still in shock like all of us.

mamacougar - i think you need to test! Test test test test test test test.

aj- hope katja's teeth are ok. We all need to go visit the dentist soon - haven't been in years.

#34 Molondy

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:38 PM

YIKES KAT!!!!

But congratulations!  happy.gif

#35 eeyoreangel

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:34 PM

OMG Kat!!!  Well that was one hell of a surprise.

Hope Shane is coping with the news okay.

Make sure you look after yourself.

Jill

#36 terriw31

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:49 PM

OMG Kat! Congrats! You will be fine!!!! You should have a chat with Fiona (lep78) she had twins remember...and she is in your neck of the woods (ie WA!)

xx

#37 terriw31

Posted 12 November 2009 - 07:52 PM

OMG Kat! Congrats! You will be fine!!!! You should have a chat with Fiona (lep78) she had twins remember...and she is in your neck of the woods (ie WA!)

xx

xx

#38 Banana Pancakes

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:30 PM

Congrats Kat! How exciting!!!!!  wub.gif

#39 00ruby00

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:54 AM

thanks girls... still hasn't sunken in lol. I don't think it will til the 12 week scan in 3 weeks time. lol

Is fiona in wa?? I wonder where.

#40 Dons

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:35 AM

Hi Girls

Did another test

BFP.gif

But have started spotting so not sure what's going to happen so no mention on fb pls

Dh was fine I think we are numb to the rollercoaster now

so time will tell line was very faint

Chat later xx

#41 eeyoreangel

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:48 AM

Oh Dons.....thinking of you....am here if you need me.

Jill original.gif

#42 Dons

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:52 AM

Thanks Jilly

Dh is off to the chop chop shop today too lol

I am fine am blessed with my 2 and if this one sticks then we are stocked - I am suprised that Dh has been so supportive this time!

If this one doesn't stick then I will be shutting shop for good lol

#43 ~*troops*~

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:59 AM

TWINS!!!!!!!!!! congrats kat awesome news

donsy bfp biggrin.gif hope all goes well

#44 00ruby00

Posted 13 November 2009 - 10:43 AM

Oh yay Dons!!!! I know it's not what you were expecting.. but a blessing all the same. I am so happy L is being supportive this time and not a prat lol.
When would that make you due?

Hope the spotting stops... (tells the spotting to stop...to mummy doesn't stress)

#45 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 13 November 2009 - 10:45 AM

I hope all is going well with you Dons. Congratulations.

#46 Mandy1980

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:04 AM

Congratulations Dons!!!!    hands.gif  for a sticky one!!!  Glad to hear your DH is being supportive.  Keep us up to date!!!

Kat - I was telling Troy about you last night and he was like well I guess she will be telling her DH he has to get a local job now!!  LOL!!  Hope your head has stopped spinning!!

BBL

#47 Dons

Posted 13 November 2009 - 01:27 PM

Kat - bbighug.gif

Spotting stopped will org bloods/scans next week am not going to join DIG for abit still really cautious of getting excited!

#48 eeyoreangel

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:06 PM

Hello all my lovely mummies

Just a quick update from me - thought it had all started - have been getting contractions about 10 mins apart (down to 6 minutes apart at times) but today they have stopped completely.  I hate pre-labour!!!

Will keep you guys updated - hoping something might happen over the weekend.

Will bbl.

Tummy rubs and raspberries to all.

Jill(y)

#49 tintoela

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:20 PM

Dons - Congratulations on your bfp!!! Glad the spotting has let up and glad dh is being good about it all.  Am thinking of you and wishing you all the best!

Jill - will be stalking for news.........Hope its a quick labour for you.

Not much happening here. our camping trip this weekend has been cancelled which is good as i have a head cold that is making me feel like crap.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

#50 Mandy1980

Posted 13 November 2009 - 02:42 PM

Hi all

I just got a phone call to say I got that job I applied for. Can't remember if I mentioned it before but I applied for a job at reduced hours (25 per week) rather than the 40 hours I do now. It is with the same company, just different department. Anyways, I got it, and also when i told him I was pregnant too he was awesome about it said congrats, that it doesn't change a thing and that he was very impressed that I was upfront with him!!! Awesome news hey!!

eexcite.gif eexcite.gif

At least I know now that I have a nice cruisy school hours job to come back to after mat leave too. He also said that he will issue me with a laptop so if there is anytime I might be sick with morning sickness or have appointments to get to I can just log on from home!!! I was so stoked with his reaction!!!

Jilly - sending {{{labour}}} vibes your way.

Dons good to hear the spotting has stopped!!!

BBL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.