November 06 Parents # 133

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic

#76 fishingwidow

Posted 03 December 2009 - 12:47 PM

Hi All bbabyflip.gif

Sorry I have been mia again, but this time it is because I am just ridiculously busy and also my eyes aren't working very weill rolleyes.gif They keep getting irritated when I wear my contacts. I keep giving them a rest, and time to heal, and have even changed the contacts incase they were carrying the infection. But no good. The last time I wore them were on Tues and my eye is still sore and swollen today. So that is it for me today, as I am trying to rest it. I'll be back soon anyway, I promise original.gif

waves.gif

#77 *Mindy*

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:21 PM

Rach, Kirsty, Alison and Ang - ru guys interetsed in catching up on the 15th or 16th of this month? Am happy to travel where ever.,....

#78 ~*~Tracey~*~

Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:24 PM

Well tennis was a disaster.  Started off ok and then halfway through I went to go for a shot, foot got stuck, I fell over and hurt myself.  At first it was just my knees that urt and I kept playing,,,then when I stopped my left elbow started to hurt and then sieze up.  By the time I got home it was sore and I couldn't straighten it or bend it.

So a day of doctors and xrays and ct scans for me.  Go back to the doctor and the report says I have a fracture in my elbow in a bad spot so the doctor gets me into an ortho surgeon straight away - same gut I took Hayley to for her finger, lucky he had a cancellation about a minute before we rang.

Rush up there and he looks at the xrays and ct scans and then got this look on his face.  I was in tears at the time because it was looking like immediate surgery for me.  When he got the funny look on his face I asked him if the radiologist was seeing something he wasn't.  He smiled said "welll I cant see any fracture there.  I have no idea what they are looking at".

So it seems that I just have a bruised bone and maybe some internal bleeding around the site and that is it.  I have it in a sling to rest it and he seems to think that it will start getting heaps better by the end of the weekend....thankfully.

When he said that I burst into tears of happiness...I could have hugged him.

So I have tomorrow off work and am taking Nurofen+ for the pain.  Honestly I will be happy when this year is over.

While we were out we did Santa photos and Kaitlyn chucked a mental and started being naughty so we just got Hayley done.  I will scan it cause it is gorgeous.  So I have a Santa photo from 'Kaitlyn's first Christmas and one for Hayley's first too.  Wish Kaitlyn would have gone cause they had matching dresses and would have been gorgeous!

Anyway, thats it for me...sorry for the lack of personals I am typing one handed and it has taken me ages to do this much.

#79 Chelbean

Posted 03 December 2009 - 05:21 PM

Tracey - OUCH! You poor thing! Hope it gets better quickly! We got Allies photo done with Santa down in Lismore, was so funny, she crossed her arms and put her head down and wouldn't look up. Finally got her with a mickey mouse doll but then she was screaming because she wanted the toy.

Melinda - Will pm you with my address. Love tupperware, though probably shouldn't be buying anything for me this close to christmas.
I could do the 15th December. Im working the 14th and the 16th. Where abouts are you thinking? A play centre would be good, just hope I don't get panicky about Alices development in comparison to your girls...also don't want to get too clucky if the babies are present!!!! Saw Allison in the shopping centre with Adam and was clucky for days after lol.

Just a quick one from me, off to do the grocery shopping soon. Dreamworld tomorrow!

Take care,

Rach

#80 hawkchick

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:49 PM

Tracey - no more leaving the house until 2009 is over with, ok??? I hope your elbow is better soon, you poor thing.

Katy - hope your eyes are better soon too

Rach - have fun at Dreamworld!

I'm so tired tonight. My feet are throbbing with pain after standing up all day and 2.5 hours of ironing (and still only half way through!) Off to bed soon to veg out and watch TV

#81 alybel

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:17 PM

Brissie girls - I can do the 15th but not the 16th.  I would prefer to meet somewhere other than a playcentre as it is hard to watch 2 children and look after a baby as well... I am happy to offer my place, lots of toys to play with!

#82 *Mindy*

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:32 AM

OK 15th is good for me and am happy to come to your place Alison if you are happy with that arrangement! I will message Ang cause i am sure she has not been in here for a while!! Rach , you might find it reassuring as opposed to worrying.

Trace - sorry to hear about your arm, agh physical activity... gotta love it!

Blish - i always do the same thing save the ironing up till its a few hours worth then because of my VV my legs and feet throb afterwards, it sounds so stupid but its so true.

Ryans kindy concert was gorgeous yesterday they all sang us songs and gave us presents (mind u i knew what they were cause i was the lucky one to wrap all 66 gifts) 22 x 3 !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.