#1 Nut

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:51 PM

New thread!!!

Link to previous

Back later. Migraine. Pain.

#2 Cantabile

Posted 17 November 2009 - 04:03 PM

Hope you feel better soon Nic.

Jo - love the piano! Reminds me of my ABRSM piano exam days - it's an exam piano!

Alright, better sing (squawk!) with my precious girl. BBL

#3 It'sbeenawhile

Posted 17 November 2009 - 04:53 PM

Just reposting this from the end of previous thread!

SECRET SANTA:

Okay girls Anne and i have met and plans are underway! This is the final list....we think! If you are not there and we forgot you SORRY! PLease let one of us know ASAP. Likeways if you are on the list and no longer want to be.

Jo
Deanne
Shelly
Samantha(sienisob)
Michelle
Nic
Lara
Mish(mishymilo)
Tanya
Peta
Anne
Leonie
possibly Sam (puzzlepieces)??

We have decided that a limit will be between $15 and $25(allowing for those that may need to post their present) but please to not spend any less than $15 so as that we can all get a nice gift!

Now because christmas is such a busy time we will make the FINAL date for receiving gifts Fri the 11th December, so if you are going to post your gift remember to post it with plenty of time!! Anne and i will keep a record of who has who so if someone doesnt get their gift we will know who didnt send it and decide whether to out them in here or not. Saying that as nicely as possible  !

You will all get a Pm from either Anne or myself on Friday sometime, happy shopping and Merry Christmas!!!

Oh and could everyone involved do a short post with 3 things they love and 3 things they DONT love, t give their SS a helping hand!!

#4 darnie

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:00 PM

I would be happy with anything but some of my faves are:
chocolate or anything food focussed
red wine/sparkling wine
reading
crafty stuff, such as card making bits and pieces.

I dislike:
I honestly can't think of any dislikes, I would be happy with anything.

Gotta go. At work. Should be doing stuff but I need to powder my nose urgently first  wwhistle.gif

Jo: hhugs.gif Oh and eexcite.gif re Ella and her toilet training. That is excellent news. I firmly believe that they just do it when they are ready.

#5 Dino-Mite

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:19 PM

Just thought I would pop in and say hi!!!  biggrin.gif

Nic, Hope the migraine is starting to subside!

#6 samagard

Posted 17 November 2009 - 06:11 PM

Oooo a new baby in the group original.gif

Hi everyone. Am finished moving (mostly). Love the house, sad we have to move in 8 months.

#7 laraq75

Posted 17 November 2009 - 06:28 PM

Rohan - congratulations and welcome to the group.

Sam - glad to hear that your move is almost over.

Anne/leonie - well done on organising the secret santa stuff. I am doing it for my parents group and I know how much of a pain it can be but in the end it is also lots of fun.

Jo - I think I already said congrats on the new piano.  Congrat on Ella's tting.  I know you had a tting question and I need to go back and read now. original.gif

Just in case anybody is interested.  We got an email yesterday to say that the dogs that killed our dog are being destroyed at the end of the week.  The owner ended up surrendering the dogs to domestic services.

#8 Nut

Posted 17 November 2009 - 09:00 PM

JB Hi-Fi Voucher
Dymocks voucher

Dislikes

Anything bath related
Candles, aromatherapy and all that.
Perfumes
Jewelery
Anything floral
Wine
Make up
Dust catchers (ornaments etc).
Diaries and calendars
Creams and lotions
Hair stuff

#9 Nut

Posted 17 November 2009 - 09:43 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/pautiric/P1030223.jpg - My spider monkey

#10 Cantabile

Posted 17 November 2009 - 09:44 PM

Hehehe, how did he get up there and ohmy.gif where's the little boy???

#11 Nut

Posted 17 November 2009 - 09:54 PM

See the cupboard doors below where he is sitting. There is a little tiny lip of about 1cm... He uses that...

To demonstrate..

Step 1: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/pautiric/P1030201.jpg
Step 2: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/pautiric/P1030203.jpg

Then he lifts his leg up and over. He can support his body weight like that.

#12 Cantabile

Posted 17 November 2009 - 09:55 PM

Too clever!!

#13 It'sbeenawhile

Posted 17 November 2009 - 11:34 PM

Impressive work Alex!!

SS stuff i'm probably the opposite to Nic!
I love bath stuff, photo frames and really love scented candles, chocolate etc etc etc!!

I dislike:
dark chocolate
fruit cake

Deanne, you dont dislike anything? You're too nice!!

Jo: Very exciting about your piano, sorry i didnt post before i was just focusing on getting the SS list on and hadnt really read posts! Sounds like Ella is getting the hang of this pretty quickly! And i cant remember how we kept Jack out of the toilet when Blake was toilet training but i also dont remember it ever being a problem. Not much help there sorry!

Lara: Im glad to hear that about those dogs,im glad their owners realised it was the right thing to do, it could easily have been achild next. SO sorry about your dog though. Looked through your QLD photos on Fb looks great. I remember you saying Angus got sick up there, what actually happened?

Samantha: Glad you are liking your new house, how did the move go with your night shifts aka lack of sleep? How come you are only staying there 8 months?

Congratulations Dino-Mite! Enjoy your newborn, i had newborn cuddles today and it was just lovely!!

NIght all!

#14 laraq75

Posted 18 November 2009 - 07:02 AM

Nic - wow that is a little scary.  He really can climb very well.  I am glad that I don't have climbers.

Leonie - for the first 4 days of our trip Angus had gastro.  At first we thought he had travel sickness but when he vomited all over the hotel in Coff harbour we knew that it was something a bit worse.  He was sick for the new few days including the runs.  It wasn't a pleasant experience but he did perk up by day 4.

Secret santa stuff:

Dislikes:
Anything alcoholic
Bath stuff
candles
bath stuff or lotions

christmas ornaments
anything sweet
earrings
photo frames

#15 darnie

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:17 AM

Really quickly, since I am at work....

Anne: I just had to jump on and say that as I was walking from the car park to my desk (thinking about how the weather is too nice to be working blush.gif), I saw a ladybird and thought of you. I got very excited and had to tell the girl walking in with me all about the ladybird and your story. I hope you are having a great day.

Leonie:
Deanne, you dont dislike anything? You're too nice!!
laughing2.gif As Erin says: "You get what you get and you don't get upset" roll2.gif Honestly, though, I can't think of anything that I would not use or that I would feel passionately enough about to say not to buy it. I just love the thought of someone giving me something that is their choice for me. wub.gif It's all so exciting! (Actually I don't think I am "too nice". I think I am actually "too impractical" laughing2.gif )

Nic: I loved the spider moneky! wub.gif

Jo: I want your piano! I love it! i would love to learn to play the piano properly. I am a self taught organist, and very bad.

Gotta go. Busy as a one-legged man in a bottom kicking competition, given that today is effectively my Friday and all eexcite.gif

Take care everyone, and have a truly awesome day!

Deanne.

ETA: ddoh.gif Samantha: I am glad that the move went well.

ETA again: ddoh.gif Lara: I am pleased that the dog owners made the right choice. This must be a relief for you. I hope that things are going ok. hhugs.gif

Edited by darnie, 18 November 2009 - 08:20 AM.

#16 samagard

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:49 AM

It was crap without sleep. Ended up having to take the best paying night shift off as they were still moving at 2am, and someone needed to stay home with the baby. She had cried on and off all day and just kept eating so was very unsettled. DP in his infinite wisdom decided he could move the rest of the stuff instead of letting the movers do it, hence the moving at 2am.  rolleyes.gif
ETA
Owners want to move here in July so that is why it is only 8 months. At least now we will have a rental reference.
Yay!

Edited by sienisob, 18 November 2009 - 09:42 AM.

#17 darnie

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:23 AM

Deanne's tip of the day...

After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T  F...

#18 shelly1

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:56 AM

ust in case anybody is interested. We got an email yesterday to say that the dogs that killed our dog are being destroyed at the end of the week. The owner ended up surrendering the dogs to domestic services.

Thats great news - I am sad for the dogs yet they need to be destroyed - if their owner was a better dog owner none of this would every have happend - You would still have your beautiful dog and their dogs wouldnt have to be destroyed . I was only thinking about you and your dog this morning. Are you going to buy another one?

I just took Maddy to her school orientation. It went well though there was some dissapointment when she couldnt take a school uniform home with her (there was a display so you could try some on)

#19 nellieb

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:00 AM

Oh Lara I must have missed the post about your dog - I am so sorry to hear you lost your beloved dog so tragically. I'm glad the owners have done the right thing though.

#20 It'sbeenawhile

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:39 AM

After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F...

roll2.gif

#21 Marvel

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:57 AM

Hi everyone

Thanks for all the dog wash info - our little girl is going to get such a nice bath!!  original.gif

Jo: Nice piano! I should be getting my upright delivered soon as well! Mum has a parlour piano and an electronic (Roland) and said that I am welcome to the parlour.

Darnie -  laughing2.gif

Lara - it is good to see that something is being done about the dogs. I hate to see an animal being destroyed, but their owners obviously weren't going to take the steps necessary to rehabilitate them into being better dogs.

I'm getting so excited - in a couple of hours is the re-viewing of Twilight and then the midnight viewing of New Moon!!  ddance.gif

Secret Santa

Like:
Girly stuff - soft coloured nail polishes, hand creams... stuff like that
Craft stuff
Books

Dislike:
Alcohol
Bath stuff - never get a chance to use the thing!  cry1.gif

Apart from that I am fairly easily pleased!

BBL - just had lunch and I am still STARVING!

#22 ~strawberry~

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:27 PM

Okay, while we are looking at pianos, HERE and  HERE are some photo's of the piano I was so sad to sell. One sleep til I get my new one!

Lara - The situation with the dogs is just so sad. I do think this is the the right outcome though.

Deanne's tip of the day...

After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F...
I needed a laugh! Love it!

Mishy - I am not keen on digitals, so I would be happier with the parlour piano myself! Digitals, no matter how expensive, just don't feel right under my fingers, or sound right to my ears. For kids learning they can have a lot of benefits in the lower levels though. The ability to record and playback yourself is such a useful tool. I remember sitting with a tape recorder on the seat next to me... Fun!

Shelly - Is Maddy really excited about starting school next year?

Samantha - Hope you settle in quickly, and that the next move goes much easier original.gif

TT update - Ella is at CC today, but still no accidents, and she even complained that she had to wear a nappy to bed last night!!! huge improvement, and I am not so quietly confident! Two day sleeps without nappies and still no accident! Yes, I am very excited  blush.gif

Secret Santa -

Likes -
books/mags (cooking/craft/gardening)
plants
christmas trinkets

Dislikes
I can't eat nuts

My likes are just if anyone is stuck and wants an idea, but really I would be happy with anything, it's so rare I get gifts for myself that anything would be really appreciated!

#23 darnie

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:56 PM

I found a dislike! ddance.gif

- I don't use makeup, including nail polish. So my list becomes:

I would be happy with anything but some of my faves are:
chocolate or anything food focussed
red wine/sparkling wine
reading
crafty stuff, such as card making bits and pieces.

I dislike:
I honestly can't think of any dislikes, I would be happy with anything I don't use makeup, including nail polish.

I think I should have stayed home. I just told someone that if they wanted something done, talking to me "like that" wasn't going to achieve it. That was after I threatened to hang up on him for being both condescending and aggressive. blush.gif

#24 nellieb

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:19 PM

Oh Jo your old piano was gorgeous - I can see why you didn't want to lose it!! But yay for your new one arriving!!! I'd love to be able to play the piano but I flatly refused to as a kid - I didn't want a bar of it!

Darnie - how did the poor person respond!? Sorry I had to have a giggle as quite frankly there are any number of people I would like to say that to on a daily basis!

#25 wrappedup

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:12 PM

Have internet again. Never want to be without it - hadn't realised that my preferred destress method is surfing aimlessly! Hi!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.