Grad Mums #33

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
146 replies to this topic

#126 Nut

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:20 PM

It's beautiful original.gif

And since she may be your only baby, why not lash out and make the best of it!!

#127 ~strawberry~

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:24 PM

Grace, it's stunning! I think you should look at it as an investment that can be passed down through generations. Plus it's fun to be frivolous!

Can I share...
Ella on her naming day, 3 months old

#128 Cantabile

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (Nut @ 23/11/2009, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And since she may be your only baby, why not lash out and make the best of it!!

My sentiments exactly! And I wanted it to be something that's worth passing on too. Hope there's a big generation of girls hehehe.

Jo - awwww Ella's just so precious! That's the first baby pic I've seen of her. Just beautiful.

#129 wrappedup

Posted 23 November 2009 - 07:29 PM

It is stunning Grace! Absolutely an investment too - we're having Sylvia's naming day next month and she will wear the same dress her father and aunt were christened in and each of her sisters was named in.  It is sooo lovely to have them wear something that means so much.  Beautiful dress  wub.gif

Sylvie is still pretty miserable and I have no idea if she'll take EBM tomorrow or if I'll have to be home again.  I have too much work to do but if she won't drink I don't have many (any!) options.

Hope everyone gets a good night's sleep.

#130 Cantabile

Posted 23 November 2009 - 07:43 PM

Poor Sylvie! I do hope she'll be much better in the morning. And how are you doing Sam, any better?

I just saw newborn pics and I'm so clucky!! Bad bad bad bad bad...

#131 sot

Posted 23 November 2009 - 07:59 PM

Grace - that dress is gorgeous

Jo - Ella is so cute

James has yet to have a haircut, but it is growiing!

Hope all the sick children are better soon.

Thanks for the reminder of the date I also forgot.  Was it $25 -35 limit?

Peta

#132 shelly1

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:11 PM

I hope all the sick bubbas are feeling better and that all the mums are coping. It was only a few weeks ago Jade had her ear infection so I feel for you all.

#133 beaglebabe

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:30 PM

All hail to my new friend Nurofen.  How did I not discover this years ago?  It kicks panadol's butt.  Lucia's temp hit 39.7 this arvo, and she wasn't due for her next dose of panadol for another hour.  I remembered several of you saying that you alternated nurofen and panadol - for future reference the pharmacist said it was fine to give them at the same time aswell, rather than offsetting the doses.  So thanks once again girls - her temp has been ok for a few hours now.  Hopefully it might even stay that way for a few hours more so I can get some sleep.

Grace - the dress is lovely.  I especially like the bonnet - too cute!

Jo - Awww, Ella was so sweet.  I think I need a naming day for Lucia just so she can wear a pretty dress.  Which reminds me, I am yet to start sewing the birthday dress that I have been planning for months - it might turn into a Christmas dress at this rate.

Shelly - Prolonged temperatures sure are scary.  And it is awful not being able to do anything to make them feel better.

Peta - I think $15-25 limit?  So James is finally getting some hair?  We need updated pics - I haven't seen him for so long.

Sam - hope both you and Sylvie are feeling better in the morning.

Ok, I'm about to turn into a pumpkin, so off to bed for me.

Michelle

#134 It'sbeenawhile

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:41 PM

Grace: That dress is precious. When will it be being used?! Cant wait to see it with Felicity in it!

Jo/Peta: I put wiifit (the new one) on layby on the weekend! Cant wait! We are getting a wii for xmas from my parents.

Sam: Do you work far from home, could you feed her before work and then maybe meet your Dh for lunch to feed her? I know that when they are sick they like/need more comfort feeds but it may work??

Peta: SS limit $15-$25

Well i am feeling like a good Daughter inlaw tonight, rang MIL and managed to make conversation for 20mins We'll never be close but at least i can say i am trying!

Having dinner with my family tomorrow (will have to take the night off and my boss doesnt work tomorrow so i feel bad, but i know its really only making more work for myself on wed night!) because my sis and her BF are going on holiday to QLD on wed for a month......until she told us not to expect them home, they are going to try and find work and accomodation. Good on them though while they are young and free. But she will miss xmas and her birthday.

Hhhmmm just thought id share this, i think i have anxiety problems at times, but also wonder if things from a past life could be affecting me in regards to car travel. I have huge troubles travelling distances by car. I travel them quite alot especially to nans at the coast but in the lead up to the trip i get so anxious to the point that i will find all my superannuation/shares etc and leave little notes to my parents in what to do if i die, how to raise my boys etc etc. Its an awful thing to do but i cant help it. I also wont (if i can help it) travel far around birthdays/special events as i feel that something bad will happen and i wont get to see the special event. Like i really wanted to go to Nans for Pops 1yr death but couldnt because it was close to Maxs 1st birthday. MIL has her 'xmas' a week early in yass and i HATE it because i freak out that something will happen and we wont get our real xmas. We always go to nans for Australia Day weekend and it scares the crap out of me because its Jacks birthday etc etc etc. When i do travel i am fine, i do prefer to be the driver, but of course ANdy usually is. I do however and even as a child would try to stay awake in case the driver would fall asleep too. I have never been in a major car accident so i dont know why i am like this. It really eats up on me, WDYT?

#135 darnie

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:29 PM

Leonie: I am similar to you, although not quite to the extent of writing notes and checking that everything is order. However, from a very young age, I have always expected every car trip to be my last. Local trips, don't worry me, but longer trips do. I am not keen on travelling around public holidays, etc because there are to many people on the roads. I will fall asleep in the car while I am a passenger, but I prefer not to. Mine also used to go the other way a bit. For example, when I was younger, if I didn't say to those close to me (say my parents, or DH, or my siblings) "Drive carefully" before they headed off on a journey, I was certain that I must have jinxed them and would worry until they were home. Having said all of that, I have definitely improved over the years and I don't think that my fear ever impacted me anywhere near the extent that you are talking about. I also don't really think that mine is anxiety as such, probably more of a stupid fear that has come from my parents' fears. Mayeb yours is something similar - did your parents always say "Drive Carefully" or always make it obvious that they were worried about you when you drove? Mine did adn I am sure that's what made me the way I am/was. Perhaps it is worth talking to your GP and seeing what can be done? Perhaps he can refer you to someone who can suggest some mechanisms for dealing with it.

for future reference the pharmacist said it was fine to give them at the same time aswell, rather than offsetting the doses.
I have done this a couple of times with Erin in particular, especially for really bad temps. But, I have doneit a few times for myself - a pharmacist actually recommended it when I had extremely bad toothache. I have also done it for mega-bad headaches. Works a treat. You have to remember to use the right dosage for both though - eg Nurofen is 6 hourly I think and Panadol is 4 hourly. The thing I like best about Nurofen is that the girls prefer the taste over Panadol, so much easier to give them. Also, because Nurofen lasts longer, it is great at bed time dev (6).gif

#136 Cantabile

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:23 AM

Morning all original.gif

I tend to say "have a safe trip". My parents usually say "drive carefully", no matter what distance I drive. We have had such long car trips that my mind do wander (as the passenger!!) and think about "what if something happens to me" but I haven't written anything down. I have been wondering if I need to leave some kind of a directive will (do they even exist??) or that the legalities surrounding it will be. I asked DH whether he'll have Felicity with him or send her to Perth to be with the grandies should something happen to me and he said she'll stay here. That's a good start I suppose original.gif

Leonie
- it'll be used for when we're in Perth, just after Xmas. I hope it won't be too hot for her!

Another big day today! DH would like to go to a dive meeting so I'm tagging along if missy's cooperating. Hope I don't get the travel bug after hearing dive stories! (not that I dive, but I'm pretty good at sipping cocktails while DH does lol)

#137 Marvel

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:27 AM

I can't really comment on the driving thing, because I was in a car accident last year and broke my leg, DS1 got major concussion and DS2 broke his collarbone - so my fears are pretty self explanatory! laughing2.gif

Sorry, shouldn't make light of it, but I just figured that if I didn't get back in the car as soon as I was able then I never would, and have just had to ignore that litte voice that tells me that the longer the commute the more chance that it could happen again... Just gotta repeat to myself that it is mind over matter IYKWIM.

Grace - Take LOTS of photos! With that gorgeous dress and your DD's lovely hair, the photos are bound to be adorable  wub.gif

#138 *Caro*

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:37 AM

Leonie, have you always felt like this? or is it new since having kids? I think its quite normal to be a bit more fearful and anxious with kids in the mix - I know I am.   I am also a bit  like Deanne, in that I hate travelling around public holidays because even if we are careful, other people will still drive drunk, tired, hungover etc. But I try not to let it worry me too much.  

I am just back from taking Angus to the doctor.  He has a double ear infection and a chest infection and is on Augmentin.  Doc didn't even both with amoxicilan. Angus is such a little trooper, I only took him to the doc because I thought it was 'worth checking out' his fever and chesty cough - I didn't really think he was that sick!  He is just so happy and mischievous through sickness!

And in other news ... Sam, it was me you were dreaming about... wwhistle.gif

#139 ~strawberry~

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:54 AM

And in other news ... Sam, it was me you were dreaming about...
Really? Congratulations!!!

#140 nellieb

Posted 24 November 2009 - 12:20 PM

[quote
And in other news ... Sam, it was me you were dreaming about... wwhistle.gif
[/quote]

OMG!!! Congrats!!!!

Two ear infections and still chirpy - wow what a little trooper!!!

#141 Marvel

Posted 24 November 2009 - 12:50 PM

Congratulations!!

#142 It'sbeenawhile

Posted 24 November 2009 - 01:29 PM

And in other news ... Sam, it was me you were dreaming about...

WHOO HOO!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You get your 2010 baby (04,06,08,10!) What are the deatils??

#143 Nut

Posted 24 November 2009 - 01:31 PM

Congratulations!!! What wonderful news for the day original.gif

#144 wrappedup

Posted 24 November 2009 - 02:28 PM

Oh wow, Caroline!  I did think the other day at work when you said about extending/moving that you must have decided to have four because I know you've already got a four bedroom house original.gif  Congrats!  Let me know what work says, wonder if they'll think you as mad as they did me (or madder as you'll have 4 kids 5 and under!!)  rolleyes.gif

Sylvie is getting better, her rash is really bad today but that is a good sign apparently as it means her body is fighting it off.  We gave her to MIL for a while so that she can make her take a bottle.  I took my parttime day today so will be at work the next three so she has to drink.  I have a Drs certificate from Fri-today because she has been sick since Thurs, but feel bad so only took yesterday as a "carer's day".  Dh may be the AHP but he doesn't have functional breasts LOL.

Poor Angus sad.gif  He is a trooper Caro.  Glad the nurofen is helping Lucia, Michelle. Can you believe our babies - Lucia, Sylvia, Jade - are almost one?  Wow...

... am wondering what I'll dream about tonight now, perhaps I should start reading tea leaves?  biggrin.gif

#145 shelly1

Posted 24 November 2009 - 02:42 PM

Wow Caroline. I think your a little bit crazy but I am also a little bit envious LOL. My DH did say the other day that if he could guarantee we would get a boy next he would have another one no problem . My work situation will decide what goes on (as I need 12 months service to qualify for MAT leave if I join the PS) and Jade (whilst she is lovely) is very hard work. We still have car issues, she wont sit in the pram 90% of the time and my back is killing me from constantly carting her around on my hip.

On a good note I have my "real" (civillian) job interview on Thursday. I am a little nervous. DH has been helping me out and  a very good friend of mine is the EL2 running the round (but will also be sitting on the panel and I havent decided if this makes me more nervous or more settled).

#146 *Caro*

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:06 PM

LOL Sam, they thought I was mad enough when I announced number 3 - I'm sure it will be a million times worse with #4!  rolleyes.gif  Never mind.  Its my madness, not theirs tongue.gif

Its pretty early days, and I promised I wasn't going to tell anyone till later, but with #4 I've found its hard to keep a secret - that protruding belly just has a mind of its own!  Now that the secret is out, I might go and do a ticker...  wink.gif

#147 Nut

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:15 PM

locked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.