Grad Mums #33

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
146 replies to this topic

#26 darnie

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:28 PM

Deleted because somehow I posted this twice  rolleyes.gif ddoh.gif (see next post)

Edited by darnie, 18 November 2009 - 09:22 PM.

#27 darnie

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:34 PM

Sam! bbighug.gif Great to see you! I missed you! cry1.gif yyes.gif

Darnie - how did the poor person respond!? Sorry I had to have a giggle as quite frankly there are any number of people I would like to say that to on a daily basis!
He backed down and co-operated. He had no choice. blush.gif And when he apologised I gave him some tips on how to treat me in the future. tthumbs.gif Then I rang my manager and told him about it. We use video conferencing here, so I could see my manager laughing at me with that "Deanne's my problem team member" look that he gets. rolleyes.gif blush.gif

Jo: I, too, love your old piano.

Better go. My video conference has finished andI probably can't get away with sitting at my desk looking at EB now. At least when I was in the video conference, I was kind of doing work while EB-ing grin.gif

#28 ~strawberry~

Posted 18 November 2009 - 04:19 PM

Welcome back Sam  biggrin.gif

#29 mumto3monkeys

Posted 18 November 2009 - 06:53 PM

Quick  waves.gif  

and to let Jo know I pm-d her yesterday (not sure if my username was on it blush.gif ) Hope it all made sense.

#30 ~strawberry~

Posted 18 November 2009 - 10:15 PM

I did get it, and have now responded..  blush.gif

#31 darnie

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:47 AM

Good morning all!

Gotta rush! Erin has her performance rehearsal today and I need to get a few things organised before I collect her from childcare and get her ready. I just realised that she might need food and drink for a 4 hour rehearsal! ddoh.gif Better go and do that. ALso have to sew ballet ribbons, sew a button on the only button down (as opposed to pull over the head/hairdo/makeup) shirt that I could find in her cupboard.

I am so knackered. Would rather be sleeping.

Have a great day all!

Cheers,
Deanne.

#32 Nut

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:46 AM

I so hoped I wouldn't need to leave the house today... Bleh.

How is everyone without airconditioning coping???

#33 Marvel

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:27 PM

NEW MOON WAS AWESOME LAST NIGHT!!!! Sooo knackered now...

Darnie - Good luck with the ballet!! Maybe I'll get a little girl to take to dancing classes original.gif

Jo - BEAUTIFUL piano!! I can understand the space issue though!

Hi everyone else  waves.gif

Our house is holding up fairly well in the heat so far - you know, as long as all the curtains stay closed and no one moves around much and no one cooks anything in the oven  laughing2.gif

But not bad considering it is 36 degrees outside and we only still have a fan on and not the air con in the loungeroom.

Back later - time for a post New Moon nap  yyawn.gif

#34 beaglebabe

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:12 PM

Hello all,

I have one over-tired toddler asleep on the couch, and one very happy baby playing with all his toys without getting shoved away by said toddler.  So I might actually get some time for personals..... although baby is not wearing a nappy, so we will see how that goes!

Mishy - hope you get a nice nap  original.gif

Jo - enjoy your new piano.  It will be nice to have music in the house again.

Nut - I've been out for most of the day and was pleasantly surprised how cool the house seemed when I got home (compared to the car anyway!).  That said, I have turned the air con on for a quick burst.  You managed to get a nice shot of your kids together - well done!

Deanne - 4 hour rehearsal???  How on earth do they get such little kids to concentrate for so long?  I hope it all goes well.  I'm sure Erin will be beautiful at her concert tomorrow.  I look forward to seeing some photos.

Mumto3  waves.gif   Was nice to meet you, ever-so-briefly, at the markets

Sam - nice to hear from you again. I hope work is going ok.  I too love a good web-surfing destress session at the end of the day, but I often find surfing is all I manage, and actually typing posts is just way too hard.

Rohan - welcome  smile1.gif   How is Kendall settling in?  And how does Harley like his new sister?

Nellie - are you going to Handmade this weekend?  I thought the last one was really good - so much variety in stalls.  But I probably won't go this time, as DH is away, and the thought of dragging two kids along is not doing much for me.

Shelly/Caro - I got Toby's enrollment note for childcare next year, and he is going to the preschool room!  He only turned 3 on Tuesday..... so I'm a tad surprised that they are moving him up.  Still no news on Lucia - hopefully there will be a note for me tomorrow to say she has two days for next year.  Not sure what I will do if she doesn't get the extra day.

Lara - I'm glad to hear that the owners of the dogs came to their senses.  Although like Shelly, I'm sad for the dogs that they were kept in an inappropriate environment.  Hope you enjoyed New Moon.

Anne and Leonie - thanks for organising Secret Santa - I'm looking forward to it.  I'll post my likes/dislikes in a separate post, so it doesn't get lost in my waffling long overdue personals

Ahhh, Lucia is becoming such a sook.  The smallest little fall/bump/knock and she cries like the world is ending. Between learning to walk, and Toby constantly pushing her away from his toys, it seems like she is crying more often than not.  I think I just need to toughen up and not immediately pick her up every time she squawks.... but it's hard as she looks so sad...

I think I'm going to have to wake Toby up, or he will be up until 10pm tonight.  But it is just so peaceful (in between Little Miss and her sooking anyway).

DH is off camping/fishing again this weekend.  Since he got back from his overseas trip I've had two kid-free shopping trips, and one brunch outing.  And this will be his third overnight fishing trip!  How is that fair?  Oh yeah, that's right, apparently my time doing markets is also counts as "me time"  wacko.gif  There are days when I am sooo looking forward to weaning Lucia so I can have a weekend away and DH can see what it is like to do 48 hours by yourself.

Better go and wake the boy so we can take the dog to the vet.

Michelle

#35 ~strawberry~

Posted 19 November 2009 - 03:22 PM

I have one over-tired toddler asleep on the couch, and one very happy baby playing with all his toys without getting shoved away by said toddler.eating a bikkie in his high chair
Life is so peaceful when the toddlers are asleep!

When we lived in Melbourne we didn't have air-con, and the first summer in our house, we also didn't have insulation. By mid afternoon I was generally sitting outside in the 40c heat under the trees rather that be cooped up in the sauna house. And that was with the curtains closed, and thick blankets hung over the windows too! West facing windows and no air-con are not a good match! The day we moved here we also had the air con installed  laughing2.gif

Deanne - How did the rehearsal go?

#36 darnie

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:32 PM

Rehearsal is still going. Not allowed to be there unless we are registered volunteers. Fat chance of me volunteering tongue.gif

Michelle: Not sure how they get them to stay focussed. I assume a lot of that time also includes sitting and waiting around, getting costumes on, etc. I packed her bag with a DVD player, DVDs, paper, pencils & plenty of food, so she should be ok. unsure.gif

Back later. Just got home from a lovely afternoon with a friend. Alice is here with me. I think the headache that I have been fighting all day is turning into a migraine. Off to have a party with Mr Nurofen and Mr Panadol, methinks. Another day off tomorrow. Looking forward to lunch with some friends ddance.gif

#37 Cantabile

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:16 PM

Too.hot.

Nic - love the new sig!

I've been trying to decide what Felicity should wear for her christening. I fell in love with this GORGEOUS raw silk christening gown and bonnet set but the 'logic' part of me is thinking that I shouldn't really splurge that much so I've been looking at dresses instead. Not as much fun though more 'practical'.

Right... better decide what to have for dinner. Still full from my brodburger today though...

#38 Puggle

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:33 PM

waves.gif

Bwok bwok bwok

wub.gif

#39 Cantabile

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:56 PM

Oooh Anne, why are you clucky now?

ps. Felicity needs more clippies!

#40 wrappedup

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:11 PM

Hi everyone, got in from work to Sylvie with a temp and I'm on way out.  Bad Mummy!  Even worse, just upset my eldest who wants to sleep at a friend's tomorrow night but I've only ever said about 5 words to the mum and have heard thing about the dad and well, we don't mind playdates but sleepovers are rules are still tight on.  She's quite upset now, poor thing sad.gif

#41 darnie

Posted 19 November 2009 - 06:27 PM

Oops. Erin's rehearsal is running late and DH said that she would be at least another 1/2 hour. Poor guy is standing in the heat outside the Playhouse Theatre stage door, waiting for her. I told him it was karma because I had to stand in the freezing cold November weather outside the same door this time last year with an over tired 5 month old whilst the rehearsal went at least an hour over and he wouldn't come and help me because he had an urgent date with an IT Vendor Christmas Party. blush.gif mad.gif laughing2.gif

ETA Took me forever to post this post. In the mean time DH has called to say that he has Erin. Apparently I got a report card from ballet for hair, makeup and item-labelling. It looks as though I passed! eexcite.gif

Edited by darnie, 19 November 2009 - 06:38 PM.

#42 Nut

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:02 PM

Yep I finally got a half decent photo!! Of course in order to get that I had to physically lay Alex down, keep returning him to his back whilst I got the camera and tickle him with one hand whilst I took the photo with the other.

And we did OK with the heat today. Afternoons are the worst as the sun shines right into our living room. But I keep the awning down and it really helps. With the aircon in it didn't get above 25 inside which is pretty good for a 37 degree day.

Deanne - Woohoo!! Good work on the hair!! Must be a nice change after some of the past reports...

Sam - It's fair enough though. You at least want to have some idea of where they are staying, even if it's just a play date before where you sit and have a coffee or something.

Grace - I understand about the gowns. Part of me wanted to get a nice expensive one but when I looked at the price I realised it was a very, very small part. And in the end I thought the dress we bought was really pretty, as well as very affordable.

Michelle - Probably having tiles in a good portion of the house helps with the heat. I noticed in our place in Gilmore it wasn't too bad if we kept the house dark and a few small fans on as the bulk of the tiles kept things cooler. Having said that, I will never be without airconditioning again.

#43 Cantabile

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:05 PM

Nic - I probably have asked this before, but where did you end up getting Elena's dress from?

#44 Nut

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:08 PM

Rosey's Bridal in Fyshwick. It used to be owned by my BIL's aunt so we've always bought our stuff from there (wedding dresses, christening gowns etc). It has a new owner now but their range is still excellent and suits a pretty broad budget range.

#45 shelly1

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:11 PM

Deanne - I am glad Maddy's ballet isnt as formal as Erins - you are a braver person than me as I couldnt handle it LOL

Hi Sam  waves.gif

Michelle - Hopefully you get a note. Ask Rochelle about it - she seems to be dealing with enrollements. The preschool room is great and Toby will love it. One of the carers is leaving but Lou is staying and she worked at the preschool in Young - she is lovely.

it seems like she is crying more often than not.

Jade is just cranky. She is either really super happy or cranky (more often than not cranky LOL). She was in the kiddies ball pit at Lollipops and I was sitting next to her when this other little boy roughly pushed her and she knew that he meant it and got really upset

Jo - Congratulations on your new piano. Your old one must have been very impressive when you had visitors over but I can imagine took up alot of room. We survived our first summer in this house with no aircon, then my dad said it was basically child abuse for Maddy (she was a baby) and paid for us to get evaporative. Now I dont know what we did with out it.

On that note the aircon in my car has died - $550 to fix it (why couldnt all my car troubles happend last year)

We took the puppies for a swim this afternoon - they loved it. Angels poodle instinct kicked in and she tried to swim after the ducks (poodles were originally bred to retrieve ducks from water that had been shot/hunted). She was nowhere close to catching them and the ducks seemed to be taunting her by swimming towards her then changing direction LOL.

anyway I better go Maddy is kicking me off the computer to play a quick game of dora before bed.

#46 Cantabile

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (Nut @ 19/11/2009, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rosey's Bridal in Fyshwick. It used to be owned by my BIL's aunt so we've always bought our stuff from there (wedding dresses, christening gowns etc). It has a new owner now but their range is still excellent and suits a pretty broad budget range.

We went there today. original.gif Turns out the new owner is a friend's aunt! I've sent the link to the catalogue of their christening dresses to the in-laws so they can have *some* say in what Felicity wears.

Shelly1 - the poodle swimming sounds so cute! Ouch on the cost to fix the car's a/c though.

Deanne - congrats on passing wink.gif

#47 Nut

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:25 PM

That works out well!!! I just bought one off the rack as part of a clearance sale (50% off... Can't beat that!!).

I think it may have been sold to someone that was close to BIL's aunt (well, ex aunt... married his uncle but they divorced). Perhaps there might be a 7 degrees of separation thing going here.

#48 trebambinibelli

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:15 PM

Just passing through waves.gif  back is not so good for some reason so need to rest it (in between several loads of washing and dishes rolleyes.gif LOL)  Hope you all survived today okay, another good one tomorrow apparently!!

Secret Santa...

Likes - anything but bath stuff, dust catchers as Nic put it, talc powder type stuff

Lara - I'm so sorry about your dog, I haven't been able to check the pc for a while and only found out today about what happened.  That's good that the owner came forward in the end.  Your holiday experience with Angus sounds a lot like ours to NZ when Lochie was a baby!  Were you staying in the same place the whole time?  D got it first and we had to make a lot of toilet stops between towns!

Nic - cute pic!  Very jealous, can't get all 3 kids to be together and happy about it at the same time.  I still haven't got a pic of the boys holding Lily, since I am the one always taking the pics and have to hold Lily at the same time.  LOL at your monkey.  Riley is our monkey, as soon as he learned to crawl he got onto the dining table all the time, gave me so many scares!

OK gotta go, back is wanting me to lie down.  Hope you're all having a nice evening! original.gif

#49 *Caro*

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:31 PM

hello.
tired.
sick.
busy.
bedtime.

back tmw waves.gif

#50 Dino-Mite

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:44 PM

Gee this thread moves very quickly and may take me a little while to get up to speed about who is who!!  

How is Kendall settling in? And how does Harley like his new sister?

Things are going well here... Kendall sleeps most of the time; in fact, I forgot how sleepy newborns are.  We had an unsettled night last night but it wasn't as bad as when we bought Harley home.  I still remember the first night with Harley, neither Ollie or I got some sleep.  He screamed all night.   The Queanbeyan early childhood nurse rang and made an appt to come and see us on Monday!  Is that normal?  With Harley, we had to go to them!  

After having the c/s, am completely off pain relief and was feeling really good so we went to Queanbeyan today so that poor Kendall could stop wearing blue  wink.gif .  The good news is that Kendall now has some girl clothes!  She is so tiny that she is going to be in size 0000 for some time I think.  I have been going through Harley's clothes and don't think he was ever in 0000 as I only found one outfit and about 4 singlets.  I managed about 30 minutes before I had to sit down and then was lucky that Kendall needed a feed so that I could sit down for a while.  Maybe another time lol.   (Also forgot how many people stop and check newborns out)  Looks like Ollie will be taking Harley by himself to the Queanbeyan show.  

Harley is completely in love with his baby sister although we have noticed that he is starting to be quite rude to Ollie (never me).  Ollie is pulling him into line but I guess it will be an adjustment for a little while.  He understands that if I am feeding, I can't do anything (ie walking around) so in the afternoons, he sits besides me and reads to me while I am feeding.  It is actually really nice!  Harley was really excited today that he got to have a bath with his baby sister!  

I don't remember Canberra being this hot in November!  Jan or Feb yes, but never in November (forget the fact that I left for 3 years though).  We don't have aircon so we leave the blinds shut and have fans on.  Last week Ollie bought a portable evaporative cooler and he saw the same one cheaper in coles today so we now have two.  The house is quite cool with the blinds shut and then at night, we open everything up to try and get some cool air in.   We are going through the process of building a house in Yass (well we will after the council approve the plans).  One of the first things we will be doing will be putting Evap cooling into the house I think!  

Anyway, must go.  I will try and keep up with the thread and I think I really have to get out and meet more ACT EBers.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.