51 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:04 AM

New thread time ladies.

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=708431

#2 satiress

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:51 AM

GOLD!!!

The pead called, I have to take Audrey back to the hospital for another heal prick test, bilirubin and liver function test. He says it's mostly a transient thing and should all come back fine but they need to be safe. I'm still quite anxious and will be until I get the results, we have the appointment for 1430 today so here's hoping!

Louise: nice cars! Yeah, Bella is using an insert on a toilet with a step like you have, doesn't help hahaha

Going to get Craig tonight, so excited!

#3 Finally #2

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:48 PM

Lisa - best of luck for the results -

Ladies - please read last thread... I posted Tanyas BABY NEWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  bbabyflip.gif

C xx

OHHH SILVER TOO !

Edited by carmziwarmzi, 19 November 2009 - 09:45 PM.

#4 Lauza

Posted 19 November 2009 - 07:10 PM

Congrats to Tanya on the arrival of Luke.. Hope everything is going well for all

#5 klc873

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:12 PM

Congratulations to Tanya + family - delighted to hear the news of Luke's arrival x

#6 TanyaZ

Posted 26 November 2009 - 09:06 PM

Thank you ladies, so much for all your well wishes...means a lot to me  biggrin.gif

Luke (Simon calls him " Young Skywalker"  ohmy.gif ) is doing well and is such a placid little thing. I don't know if its because we're more experienced this time, but we are certainly enjoying it all more, in fact I think we are handling Sonya and Luke better than we handled Sonya as a newborn on her own! Simon goes back to work 9th Dec though, so we'll see how I go on my own after that!

Lisa, any news from the paed re Lois? Luke had to go sunbaking in the humidicrib for an extra 24 hours as he had bad jaundice. When the paed told me, I just burst into tears (hormones) but also b/c it was so hard to be away from Sonya (and Simon) as it was.

Sonya's birth was a 4 hour labor, with just gas so I was expecting Luke to be a cinch. Boy was I wrong!! Contractions started Sunday night- was only 1cm dilated on the Monday arvo, they got me in to be induced on Tuesday- broke my waters at 10am and I didn't have him til 7.15pm! He was a ventouse delivery and I had to have an episiotomy.. ouch!! He is worth it though and he is feeding well, breastfeeding is going well (2nd time round is easier methinks) and we are accustomed to sleepless nights so all is well...

Carmen, thank you for posting my news, how's it going with the hernia Dr.

Will check in again soon ladies xx

#7 Finally #2

Posted 26 November 2009 - 09:39 PM

Surgeon report - have to have a CT scan next week to see what is happening with hernias and mesh repairs from last year.  Definately no babies till I get it repaired.  Definately more surgery.  Definately not happy.

He said 5% of cases repop like mine - but to have both re pop is a tiny percentage - add that to emergency ceaser that they had to be recut and sewn etc etc etc... and I am a minisquele(sp*) chance person - lucky me - NOT......

Hernia is hurting tonight - all I can do it look at Jere and think he is still worth all of this........ but sometimes only just !!!

Night girls... very sad Carmen here !

#8 Finally #2

Posted 26 November 2009 - 09:41 PM

I did add somethign about Tanya in an edit but it doesn't seem to have come up... hmmm - it was pretty much yeah tanya and thats awesome re feeding etc!  How is Sonya towards Luke - Mr Skywalker, hehhe?

#9 dgg

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:07 AM

Congratulations tanya.............I think the experience with your second helps a lot. Does he look like Sonja as a baby? Cant wait to see photos.

Lisa - your Audurey is a beautiful baby. Who is blond you or Craig?

Katie - How is life treating you? Did you finish your renovations, how is Lidia (is she going to occassional care?) and what is WIlliam like as a baby?

Carmen - I want to give you a huge HUG. Life can give one so many obsticles/hurdles just ride them have the surgery if needed.(easy for me to say)
Jere is only young so a sibling right now can wait. I feel for you but once you can repair your herina be positive life will forward for you and your family. Take care.

Lousie - How are you enjoying your two...busy now with Christmas. Mine are so well behaved that if they are not Santa will skip our house.

Hi to all
Dana

#10 louise81

Posted 30 November 2009 - 11:44 AM

Hi All,

Carmen: Massive hugs!!!! My thoughts are with you. I hope you get something to make you happy again really soon.

Dana: I am really well. hahaha about Santa. Both children have their moments withs me but generally they are pretty good. And I have been telling them that if they are bad Santa will bypass our home and give their gifts to the nice children!!

Lisa: How is NZ?

Tanya: Oh Mr Skywalker hahaha. I am glad to hear that he did arive finally!!!! I glad that you are settling in well with your now family of four.

Nothing new just work and trying to sort out xmas presents!! Argh

#11 satiress

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:34 AM

Morning ladies,

Sorry for being MIA, we moved out of the holiday place in DY and are now back in NZ.. however as of today the removals companies are coming around for quotes for our move back on the 23rd Dec! Very exciting however it means no Christmas tree or decorations this year and I have to do all the shopping on Christmas Eve... should make for an interesting Christmas original.gif

Tanya: glad you are settling into life as a family of 4 easily, I also think it's easier the second time around, less of the unknown I think. Can you post a photo of Luke, I'm dying to see a male egg original.gif Had to laugh at the Skywalker tag.. my DH would do that too!

Carmen: oh hon, so sorry you have to have an operation, hopefully this one will be the end to your medical woes and you can get on with the fun stuff like TTC. Jere is so worth it!

Louise: NZ is pretty cold compared to the weather we left in Syd, it's around 18 degrees here, such a shock to the system. Enjoying the new cars?

Dana: Audrey has my colourings.. although I'm not blonde, I was a ranga (read flaming redhead) at birth, she has strawberry blonde hair and fair skin, so very much more like me. Luckily as Bella is the spitting image of her father, it's nice to have one that looks more like me hehe. How are your two going?

As for Audrey's health, the tests so far have come back fine, she was still having slight jaundice (128) but because it is decreasing they are happy with that and therefore not worried about her liver. Would you believe her repeat newborn screen hasn't come back yet! But I think she's just perfect and healthy so I'm not worried.
She's putting on weight and at 8 weeks today she is just starting to fit into 000 clothes, length is fitting but she's a petite little things so they hang off her.
Bella is loving her so much, almost too much at times but it's so sweet to watch them interact, Audrey gives her biggest smiles for her big sister and did her first giggle for her too... just warms your heart

OK, gotta go removalist is here original.gif

#12 Finally #2

Posted 08 December 2009 - 09:45 PM

Hey girls...

The time is finally here... my op is booked for next Wednesday - he is doing an open repair (which is similar to a ceaser cut - yuck - including recovery times) and over Christmas - but Im trying to stay positive that at least it will be all over and done with by the new year.. and Im only missing 2 days of school cause its nearly holidays - although I dont get to meet my new kids on the last day like normal.. oh well.

Adn two months without picking up my boy to hug him will be REALLY hard... going to have to try to do lay down cuddles or something...

THats the news.

CAN WE FIX IT - yes we can !!!

#13 satiress

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:56 AM

oh yay Carmen, glad you have a date for surgery, I know it seems scary but focus on how great it will be once you are fixed original.gif good luck hon xx

Audrey is 4.4kgs now at 9 weeks, she's on avg 1.5kgs lighter than Bella at the same age, it's amazing how different they are, yet similar in some other ways.... love my girls!

#14 *donna*b*

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:28 PM

Hey all

Just dropping by to wish everyone a great Christmas and a prosperous 2010.

Donna xx

#15 louise81

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:51 AM

Hi All,

Carmen: Thinking of you. I hope all goes well today for you.

Lisa: How is that packng going?

Donna: Nice to see you pop in

Tanya: And where are some photos of Luke?

Me: Nothing getting ready for christmas. Splashback is to be finished this weekend in the kitchen and hopefully the new blinds will be installed either 23/24 fingers crossed. We have chossen Cellular / Honeycomb blinds due to they have the best energy rating (or R rating) to keep out heat!!!! At the moment I have some very funky black verticals that do nothing more than attract the heat. We have decided to stay so all the money we have saved up to pay all legals and stamp duty we have spent a portion of it on renos and will keep the rest in our savinggs account. Hmm next project????????????

Louise

#16 Finally #2

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:01 PM

Im home and all good - bit ouchie but good.

Now.. to keep a very active 2 year old off my tummy.. fun fun.

SPeak soon!  C xx

#17 dgg

Posted 19 December 2009 - 06:56 AM

Carmen

I am glad it is over and now the recovery. Hope you get the support to recover quickly.

Merry Christmas to all

DAna

#18 Finally #2

Posted 31 December 2009 - 03:59 PM

To my dearest members of the slowest forum chat ever,

Its like you have all just had Christmas and end of year stuff and two year olds (and others for some) to chase after - and don't seem to have as much time for the internet as you used to.... how sad!!!!

But I'm just dropping past so there is at least onemessage in our thread... its been a while.. and to say hope you all had a great Christmas (I just put pics up on Facebook if you wanna see ours) and have an awesome new years - we have three other couples coming over here tonight - all with one child each so it will be a nice small gathering (and I'm kinda hoping to be in bed by midnight, hehehehehe!

Recovery from op is going well.. had to start abs cause of the wounds and where they are on the body (belly button and under the "apron"!!!!) but other than that seem to be going ok.

Speak soon all my lovely internet friends.

C xx

#19 louise81

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:56 AM

Hi All,

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all.

Carmen: I hope you are feeling a lot more comfortable now and everything is healing as it should be.

Lisa: How did the trip back to Sydney go and did you get everything done for christmas?

Well christmas started off as per normal. 2 very excited little children jumping around with their gifts from Santa. My family for breakfast and off to DH's parents for lunch. I noticed my little boy Jack becoming a bit funny and asked was he ok and he said yes just a bit tired. Within an hour I noticed he was getting very tired next thing I knew Jack was having a full seizure. I called for DH and stayed with Jack was DH called the ambulance. Straight down to Westmead Kids. Absoltuly lovely Dr's and nurses confirmed a seizure and sent us back home to montior Jack and now I am trying to get into a pediatric nurosurgeon to see if he is suffering from Eplisey due to what we and the ambulances officers saw and describe. Mikayla was so brave for her big brother and just sat very quitley beside us and then came with me to the hospital as DH went with Jack. Nothing since thank goodness!!!

Louise

Edited by louise81, 04 January 2010 - 11:56 AM.

#20 Finally #2

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:07 PM

OMG Lousie - how scarey... please let us know how the paed appt goes......

#21 satiress

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:41 PM

hi all

OMG Louise, poor Jack, poor you all!! Glad he was able to come home, how have you gone with the nero?

Carmen: glad you are home and recovering well hon, take it easy x

We are here in Sydney!! it's been a whirlwind since we arrived, got all our Christmas shopping done on the Eve and then spent a lovely Christmas (treeless, one thing we couldn't get!!) with Bella going crazy, loving the presents she got. Spent the day at my dads putting together Bellas 'Tinkerbell Kitchen' and scooter as we had no tools. Then spent boxing day with our friends and Josh arrived.
NYE was in our apartment in St Leonards, overlooks Sydney from the 28th floor.. amazing view and great night, I've realised how much I've missed my friends. Audrey gave me the best present of a 7.5 hour sleep but has since returned to her 4 hour stints.. oh well, she's so cute, I don't mind.

Craig has flown back to NZ for work so it's just me and the girls till Friday, here's hoping I don't go mad original.gif

#22 Finally #2

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:46 PM

OK SERIOUSLY.. over a month since anyone posted in here ... sad sad sad !!!

I'm back at work full time - liking my little grade ones... some very LOW ones in the grade tho so I fear it may be a banging my head against the wall kind of year !!! But they are cute !
Jere has cried every day when I've left him - besides today - YEAH!
Gotta get dinners sorted cause I['m getting home late and dinners are late and often unhealthy.. must do somethign about that..... next week maybe...
Jere's temper tantrums seem to be improving a bit and mostly contrable by distraction..... and he ran himself off and weed in the potty tonight, was soooooo proud dragging me to go see it... too cute!

What is everyone else up to?

C xx

#23 louise81

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:47 AM

Yes Carmen, Where is everyone?

Carmen: I hope school is going ok especially going back full time. Just remeber to take everything one day at a time and you will get there. How about making big batches of dinner and freezing half so you always have a healthy home cooked meal. OR a quick minute steak or chicken breast on the grill with a huge garden salad as a quick option? Thats all we mainly eat in Summer.

I have another appointment for Jack on 19/02/2010. He will be getting an EEG and ECG on his brain wave patterns to se what is going on. Nervous about what they might find but at least I will know one way or another.

We are thinking againabout putting the house on the market!!!!!!!! And to re-build. Having a few different RE's come and see us this week about it and to look at our home. We have improved on it greatly since being there. I should put some new pics of the work we have done since my last lot. Its like a totally new home.

Louise

#24 Finally #2

Posted 09 February 2010 - 09:10 PM

The house stuff sounds great Lousie - the Jack stuff - NOT great !

Hope the docs find the answers for you!

Yeah I've been alot more organised this week - even got coles online to deliver groceries.. and have a cleaner coming tomorrow (my aunty) so will see how that works out, just to save a couple fo hours of my saturday quality time with Jere not having to vac, mop and do bathrooms!

Speak to EVERYONE soon hey?

#25 TanyaZ

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:26 PM

Ladies!!!  biggrin.gif

I am back at work intermittently and just found out I can log onto EB from here!!

I have missed everyone and hope everyone has been well! Lousie keep us up to date with what's happening with Jack please! Carmen, 1st graders how cute! Sonya is queen of the fit chuckers and I reckon she'd give Jere a run for his money. How's your stomach?

Sonya is (day) toilet trained!!!  ddance.gif  Lisa and Louise know I have had a wee (ROFL at my own joke) bit of trouble training her but overnight (since last Friday) she has not had an accident and does all her 1's and 2's in the loo.

Luke is a little angel who only wakes up once in the night!! I'm exclusively breastfeeding him so thought there'd be no way that would happen. I wonder how much % of Spud being a 'better' baby than Sonya was is due to the fact that I am not neurotic like I was with her? I don't even sterilise his dummies etc this time round. I think they can sense how calm/stressed you are?

Not to say that its been a walk in the park but I am certainly enjoying motherhood 2nd time round A LOT more... how is everyone??

Bloody annoying customers! Gotta go!! xoxo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.