September 06 Parents # 208

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

#26 Mandy1980

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:55 PM

Dons - bbighug.gif  I am so sorry.  I hope you are really okay!!!  Take time and be nice to yourself.  wub.gif

#27 tintoela

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:15 AM

dons - so sorry for your loss.   bbighug.gif Take some time to deal with everything thats gone on so you can move forward.

afm - still hanging in there. I did o late cd17 so am only 11dpo today. No spotting so far this morning and the spotting stopped late yesterday afternoon. I have got my hopes up a bit.  Trying to hold out and test tomorrow with fmu.  Last time it was 3 days between when i had spotting and got my first bfp.  I did do tests everyday in between though. No cramping today so far either. Yesterday i had this like popping in my tummy - was really weird. Felt like someone was flicking me with their finger from the inside.

Gosh i hope i get an answer one way or another in the next couple of days otherwise i am gonna go crazy.

bbl

#28 00ruby00

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:35 AM

awwww dons hhugs.gif I am thinking of you hun.

Jodie-  hands.gif you get ur bfp.

Yeh..I am so annoyed at ppl's comments... it's not like we asked to have twins... it's something that just happened.

I am going into fremantle this afternoon to do an engagement shoot for a friend.. hopefully it all turns out well.

#29 Bubsies

Posted 22 November 2009 - 10:59 AM

well good luck Jodie!

Kathreen - I think its great you are having twins...Im so excited LMAO original.gif You will have so much fun with them!! They aren't babies for ever and will be fantastic mates!!! Your other kids will love to help with them Im sure  -specially the girls - one of them will always have their own little baby to help with as your hands will be pretty full I would imagone with one let alone 2 come feed times, bath time, getting dressed time etc original.gif

#30 tintoela

Posted 22 November 2009 - 03:38 PM

HI,  me again. Well af has arrived only light but definately af this time.  Bugger i was sooo hoping this was it.

Bring on next month...........................

#31 Mandy1980

Posted 22 November 2009 - 06:19 PM

Bugger Jodi!  I was really hoping this was your month....  I take it your charting???  I did notice that your luteal phase (time between ovulation and period arriving) is quite short.  Your ideal LP should be around 14 days, and yours was only 11 this cycle, this can lessen your chances of catching that egg.  I had the same problem and started taking B6 from CD1 and I fell pregnant that same cycle.  The B6 actually makes you ovulate early which then gives you an extended LP.  Worth a try anyways, if your interested. original.gif

I am feeling pretty sick.gif still.  I went to the docs and he suggested I take a morning sickness combination vitamin, but I think it might be making me worse.  Might just have to put up with it.  Hopefully it will disappear in about 3 weeks time.

Anyways, hope your all having a great Sunday.  I have been crazy cleaning today, it has taken me all day cos I have to sit down and rest all the time, and let my stomach settle, but my house is sparkling now.  original.gif

BBL

#32 Pinkbug

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:31 PM

Hi everyone! I'm sorry I've been so absent...lots happening here and I'm trying to catch up with it all. I just wanted to pop in at least and let you know I'm thinking of you all.

Donna, I'm so sorry to hear your news. sad.gif I hope you're looking after yourself and have lots of support.   wub.gif   bbighug.gif  (they really need a hug emoticon that isn't smiling) Hope you're ok xx

Jodi, I'm sorry to hear af is here for you. sad.gif You sound really positive about looking forward to next month, which is great. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you  wub.gif

Mandy, I'll send you anti-nausea vibes! Morning sickness is something I never remember until I'm going through it, but I do remember it was yuk yuk yuk!

Gina, not long now! ddance.gif  I saw a pic of you on here a little while ago but had no time to comment...you look great!!

Kathreen, it's very exciting that you're having twins, don't worry about peoples' comments...your life not theirs. original.gif I forget if you've mentioned whether or not you've got twins in your family...if so, how far removed are they? I know people can have twins with no family history...just curious wink.gif

Ok, that's all I can see on this page and I need to get off the computer wink.gif I'm getting a bit bored being a SAHM at the moment...it's hard without a car in this heat (we got to near 44 degrees the other day!)...bored mum, bored kids...only so much pre-school craft one can happily organise. The boys are at a stage where they need and want less interaction with me too (so I'm not as busy as I used to be iykwim), preferring to either play nicely with each other or 'kill' each other. The fact that you never know which way they'll go makes it hard to get anything done. That's my whinge. laughing2.gif I've planned to do more uni next year and to focus on my craft business this year,, but that's difficult playing ref all day long and not having a car too. I'll get it all together soon hopefully. wink.gif Jasper has his follow-up hearing appointment on tue so we might know more about what's going on there. Just quietly, it seems to have gotten a bit worse lately, or maybe he's deliberately ignoring us! wink.gif Lol

Chat again soon, take care,
xx

#33 Becca1605

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:52 PM

Chen - hmmm I think maybe it seems worse lately as they tend to ignore us at this age (well Hunter does).  Today Dad was saying to Hunter, "Hunter, Hunter, Hunter, can you hear me".  And he said, nope my ears aren't working very well.

Dons - bbighug.gif  I'm so sorry to hear you lost your precious baby.  Look after yourself!

Jodi - ahh bugger, I was sure this was the month for you too....fingers crossed for next month...you may get another Sept bub  original.gif

Kat - rant.gif about people comenting on the number of children you have - it's your own choice...my Boss at work was the same as you, had 3 children, last "one" not planned and turned out to be twins!

Mandy - ohh here's hoping the m/s goes very quickly...that stage really sux!

Gina - ohhh can't wait for your baby to arrive....how exciting

Jill - glad you are hope and Charlotte is feeding well.

Can i just say - house selling and house hunting sux!!!  Big time!!!
We went to a Christmas pageant last night, it was good.  hunter had a great time and got lots of lollies.  Hunter free day tomorrow (childcare) so it will be nice to have a break!

#34 eeyoreangel

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:18 AM

Hi Guys

Thought it was about time that I posted some pics.  Josh is having a little trouble adjusting to life with Charlotte at home.  Apparently he asked Graham if we could leave Charlotte at the hospital when they collected me on Friday - poor thing - 3 years as an only child and now there is an interloper!!  Any suggestions on how to deal with this would be good.  Trying to spend time with him but with Charlotte breastfeeding she is pretty much hanging off me most of the day (laughing2.gif).  This morning I had her in bed with me and Josh wanted to get up with me but I had to put Charlotte in her bed first!! roll2.gif

On our bed - 6 days old:

In Grandma's arms - 5 days old:

Will bbl.

Tummy rubs and raspberries to all.

Jill(y)

#35 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:48 PM

Dons I am so sorry for you loss  hhugs.gif

Oh Jill she is just divine  wub.gif  It will just take a little time, he'll warm up. I let the older boys do special things for Cooper like get him toys etc for Cooper to 'play' with and tell them all the time how much Cooper loves them. Make it all about Josh and how lucky he is  original.gif

#36 tintoela

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:04 PM

Hi just a quick one,

Mandy - thanks for that i was thinking of going to see the doctor as the last few months have been very short luteal phase - only 9, 11, and an 7 thrown in there too.  I will give the vit b6 a try and see how it goes - am willing to try anything really. Sorry you are feeling yuk - hope it eases up soon.

gotta run for now

big hello to everyone else.

#37 Bubsies

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:42 PM

Awww Jill (lol) can't wait for mine to come out now ha ha ha ha (yeah I can actually - can't believe I will be in labour sometime in the next 30 odd days arghhh (just a small freak out happening ladies)...don't mind me  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  blush.gif She is gorgeous and Im sure Josh will adjust - she aint going back in there so he might as well get used to having her around hey! Mind you - with Hayden not being able to talk still and starting at the early intervention place and moving childcare rooms and a new sibbling and DH possibly with a new job away I can see we are going to have a hard time adjusting to life as a family of 4 for a while...I hope Hayden is ok with it...feeling guilty already  cry1.gif

Bub was head down last ob visit and things feel quite heavy and very very low this week - when I move I can feel there is this great hard thing sitting in my pelvis which I never had with Hayden, big movements have stopped but there are lots of little elbows and hands down soo low so I am wondering if she has started to engage already and if I am going to be able to hold her in there for another 5 weeks lol.

Anyway - cant stay tonight - lit review to write.....

#38 Mandy1980

Posted 23 November 2009 - 11:31 PM

Hi all

Jilly - Charlotte is totally gorgeous.... awwwhhh !!!  I hope Josh gets used to having a sibling soon.  I agree with everything Rebecca said, include him in everything you can to make him feel like the very helpful and important big brother.

Gina - not long for you now!!!  eexcite.gif

Jodi - wow they are very short LP's.  I was ovulating between CD18-20, then AF would arrive around CD 29-30.  This was only giving me an LP of between 9-12 days.  The cycle I took the B6, which is the cycle I fell preggers this time, I calculated that I ovulated around CD10.  I would definately say that your short LP is probably the reason you are not getting that BFP.  Good luck and let us know how your cycle goes.

I was dry retching basically non stop from around 8 til midnight last night.  sick.gif  Not nice.  I was so tired at work today.  Came home afterwards and crashed on the couch while DH made dinner.  Bring on 12 weeks I say!!!  

waves.gif to everyone else

#39 ~Simply*Blue~

Posted 24 November 2009 - 05:18 AM

Oh Mandy, you're bringing back bad memories lol. I hope it disappears for you soon, with cooper it didn't fully go away until birth  ohmy.gif  Was it like this for your others? That B6 you were taking is also good for m/s, I took it with Cooper.

#40 Becca1605

Posted 24 November 2009 - 09:38 AM

Mandy - oh you poor thing...m/s is a bugger!!!

Jill - Aww Charlotte is adorable..it took Hunter some time to adjust to Savannah too.  To start with he was very sensitive (would cry at things that didn't normally make him cry) and we had trouble getting him to bed at night, and he went thru a naughty stage...but it passed and now he loves his sister to pieces!

Gina - woo hoo....not long now....what''s happening with Dh's job?

Rebecca - waves.gif

#41 Bubsies

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:18 AM

Becca - DH applied for a job in Canberra recently with a government department...he has been interviewed which went really well and his referees have been contacted since so we are hopeful he has the job which is 6mths full time and would involve a comute 5 days (1 hour each way) but would be very handy financially with new bub about to be here (nearly 30K higher salary than what he made last year)...just waiting for due process to be followed now so should hear very soon. I have fingers crossed!

Mandy - the fact that ms ends at 12 weeks is a falacy - (but we can hope you are one of the lucky ones lol)...its the pits!!! I don't actually even rate it as a real problem for me with this pg (certainly nothing like last time anyway). Last time I chucked was while I was in hospital after the operation and I hadn't eaten anything but drugs for 2 days lol....after that I was fine original.gif Are you going to find out what you are having?

I should really go do some work girls....will pop in from tiem to time today to see what you are up to though original.gif

#42 Mandy1980

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:06 AM

Morning

Gina - fingers crossed for DH's job.  Sounds perfect!!  We will be finding out what we are having, only about 10 weeks to wait!!  original.gif  I am praying I am one of the lucky ones where ms just magically disappears at 12 weeks.  I can only hope hey!!!!

Rebecca - I didn't really have any sickness with the boys.  I had a constant nauseous feeling but that was about it.  I am also not much of a spewer IYKWIM.  It takes ALOT for me to spew, and even tho I am not bringing anything up at the moment it is still very unlike me.  I also didn't even know I was pregnant with the boys til about 6-7 weeks, where as this time I swear I have been sick since conception laughing2.gif.  

Well better do some work....arrrggghhh work is the last place I feel like being atm!!!  I just want my couch.  My doctor told me that I am entitled to sick leave so if I need to take it then take it, but if I did that I would have had to take the past 9 weeks off and then the next who knows how many weeks......just have to soldier on!!!!!  Happy face, happy face!!!!!

BBL

#43 00ruby00

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:50 AM

sure it's not twins Mandy hahahahaha

11 weeks today.. ultrasound next friday.... will there be 1, 2 or 3 hahaha..

Chenoa.. Mum said the only twins we have in our side is my grandad's.... brother's... daughter LOL. One of Shane's cousins has twins... apart from that nothing.

gotta run... been up since 430am.. grr amaya.. 5am yesterday... 6am the two days before.. normally 6-630am if  I am lucky.. I am just so tired.. and xavier and zahli pick today of all days to muck around.. (grumpy pants are on)

Edited by ~Kathreen~, 25 November 2009 - 11:51 AM.

#44 Bubsies

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:33 PM

where are you all ladies!?

can you tell im bored!!!!! lol

eyes are hanging out and Im so bloody uncomfortable......

did I mention Im uncomfortable...just cant sit at a computer for any length of time these days...grrr

bbaby.gif  ddoh.gif  ddoh.gif  ddoh.gif maybe I should just go to bed lol.....

#45 Becca1605

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:17 PM

Gina - ohh good luck for DH's job.  When does he find out?  Certainly a lot of adjusting for Hayden, but kids are quite good like that, may take a bit of time but I'm sure he will be fine....

Mandy - ohh can't wait to find out the sex of your baby...maybe the m/s is a sign??

Kat - bugger about your early mornings...

Savannah still not sleeping very well...i was so tired today (as was DH) as Savannah was still up at 1am last night - but DH finished work early (2pm) and let me have a sleep this arvo...It just hit me about 3pm when I sat on the bed whilst DH and Hunter had a shower...so he took Savannah and put her to bed and entertained H for me.  I think I had a good 2.5 hours - felt so much better afterwards...but here I am still up at nearly 11pm again...not sure if I go to bed or wait for S to wake...

#46 Mandy1980

Posted 26 November 2009 - 11:20 AM

Hi all

Kat - definately no twins in there!!!  original.gif

Becca - I hope Savannah starts sleeping better for you.  I know how hard it is to try and function on very little sleep.  Tyler used to wake up EVERY 45 minutes til he was 12 months old!!!!  Arrrggghhhhh!!!  Thank god for Ngala!!!

Gina - not long to go now.  Have you finished work yet????  

AFM - I have to say

HAPPY 7TH BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG SPUNK, JACKSYN!!!

He got spoilt rotten.  He is mad about Cars Movie at the moment so Troy made him a huge like wooden table.  It is about the size of a single bed and he stuck some Car Movie race car mats on it and also painted a race track.  Troy had also spent the last month or so ordering all the trucks and cars off the movie from Ebay.  So when Jacksyn woke up this morning he was very surprised and excited.  He also lost his first tooth last night so had a visit from the tooth fairy... very lucky boy!!!  original.gif

Anyways, better do some work!!!

BBL

Edited by Mandy1980, 26 November 2009 - 11:21 AM.

#47 Bubsies

Posted 26 November 2009 - 11:48 AM

Mandy - not long but long enough of this pg to go I think...I will be over it by the end thats for sure. I have slowed down ALOT this week and am keen to see what they think at the next ob visit. I think this one will be earlier than due date for some reason....(at least im entitled to HOPE that thought) lol....

Still working 2 jobs and finnishing study for the  year - consulting 4 days, teaching the other day and study in between when I can which is suffering at the moment but only next week left of the teaching and consulting work will pretty much be done from home if I want after that.

Have got most things for bub together sitting in the bassinet but havent packed a bag yet for me - at least its alls in the one place if anyone needs to find it original.gif

off to lunch i think - bub has hiccups again too....cute original.gif

#48 ~*troops*~

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:11 PM

hey ladies

dons im so sorry sad.gif

jilly lovely pics she is so beautiful

mandy and kat hope the ms eases up soon

gina good luck with the impending birth

jodi im so sorry it wasnt your month. it must be hard seeing bfps in here

not much doing here. kids are great. triplets are almost 5 months old and doing so well
my cousin had twin boys today 9 weeks prem, i have a popped ovarian cyst thats about it original.gif

#49 00ruby00

Posted 26 November 2009 - 08:39 PM

cry1.gif cry1.gif cry1.gif

i think iam miscarrying cry1.gif  at about 320pm i was sitting down n felt this like bubbling feeling down below... when i stood up... i had a big gush of fluid n blood cry1.gif it smelt like amnio fluid.

i haven't miscarried before so don't know what to expect...shanes away n i want him here so badly.

i rang my ob...n the recepyionst said to call labour ward...did that explained that i lost that much fluid etc that my trackie pants were soaking n on the floor. She then rang my ob n then called me back saying ti have a shower..freshen up..put a pad on n lay down and rest cry1.gif

i thought they would have gotten me in for an ultra sound to put my mind at ease...or at least tell me how my babies are.

i have had the same pad on for 2 hrs n only a little pink blood on it.. hopefully its a good sign.

Iam 11 weeks n 1 day today =( n i was just starting to get used to the idea of twins.  

nothing they can do til tomorrow. hands.gif

Edited by ~Kathreen~, 26 November 2009 - 08:57 PM.

#50 ~MakkaPakka~

Posted 26 November 2009 - 09:34 PM

bbighug.gif

Kat I am so sorry.

It could be a few other things - some sort of sub chronic (I think) hemorrhage.

With my MC I would have been around 9 weeks but we thought things were not going well with the u/s I had over the previous week or so.

I have everything crossed and even praying for you and bubs.

If you are worried go to the hospital emergency department - they have to treat you no matter what and will do a scan.

Did they tell you if your placenta is low lying?  that can cause bleeding also especially with twins.

Edited by ~MakkaPakka~, 26 November 2009 - 09:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.