Grad Mums #34

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
153 replies to this topic

#26 beaglebabe

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:04 PM

All these poor sick kids at the moment  sad.gif

Lucia is now covered in spots.  Although she must be feeling better as she just took five steps all by herself!  And she's just been playing with a matchbox car saying "brum, brum".  So grown up all of a sudden.

I've been meaning to post this pic of another first from a few weeks ago - her first pony tail  wub.gif  

#27 darnie

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:42 PM

Michelle: Lucia looks gorgeous.

Nut: Do they think that Elena's mark is a strawberry birthmark (haemangioma)?

Hope everyone has had a great day!

Cheers,
Deanne.

#28 samagard

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:47 PM

Nic Sienna was born with a strawberry birthmark on her forehead (in hairline). It got a little bigger, than faded by the time she was 2.
ETA
Grace That dress was beautiful.

Michelle Lordy how cute is that little pony tail !

Edited by sienisob, 25 November 2009 - 07:49 PM.

#29 *Caro*

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:12 PM

just for you Mishy, I did a ticker.  I'm exactly a week behind you - so you should be able to keep track now  biggrin.gif

Michelle, that pony tail is v cute!

#30 Marvel

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:18 PM

ddance.gif  eexcite.gif

Someone to feel the pain with!! LOL

Michelle - Love the photo! Aww, sooo clucky for a girl baby laughing2.gif

#31 *Caro*

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:32 PM

Someone to feel the pain with!! LOL

Great, you won't mind when I complain about morning sickness then?! laughing2.gif Well, all day sickness actually.  I just had a whinge to DH and he was like 'hey, this pregnancy is going to get old pretty quick if you keep telling me about it - we've done this before remember!?"  Yes actually I do remember - coz it was ME feeling sick the other 3 times!!! Grrrrrrrrrrr.  Lovely man, just not very sympathetic sometimes  rolleyes.gif

#32 Puggle

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:43 PM

Congratulations Caro!

I'm back from three days at the beach. I don't think anyone noticed I was gone anyway. laughing2.gif

We had a great time but are all very tired so personals will have to wait for now.

#33 *Caro*

Posted 25 November 2009 - 08:56 PM

I noticed you were gone, Anne.  I missed you whistling tongue.gif

#34 Puggle

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:01 PM

laughing2.gif. If I'm whistling I can't open my mouth to say anything, can I? wink.gif

I love your ladybird ticker wub.gif

Edited by Puggle, 25 November 2009 - 09:01 PM.

#35 *Caro*

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:11 PM

I realised after I did it that I may have been stealing your motif. Sorry blush.gif  THere just wasn't anything else there that caught my eye. I'll probably change my ticker 3 times during the pregnancy anyway - I usually get bored looking at the same one  rolleyes.gif

#36 beaglebabe

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:18 PM

I missed you Anne.  Hope Claire enjoyed her belated birthday celebrations.

This pregnancy talk is even making me feel clucky.  How did our babies grow up so quickly?  I can't believe we have another round of babies on the way already!  I think I'm just in denial that my little girl is going to turn one soon.

Toby tripped over and smashed his lip on the floor this evening - it split open and I think he is going to have an awful looking scab on it.  It must have exhausted him as he fell alseep while eating dinner with a mouthful of roast lamb.

#37 Puggle

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:21 PM

Bless you Caro, I don't own them and I love seeing them - go for it! original.gif

I had a ladybird ticker for a while with Lauren but it bugged (laughing2.gif) me that the ladybird wasn't facing 'forwards.'

I'm slowly catching up on all the news, you've all been quite chatty.

Love the Christening oufit, Grace.

And yay to Lucia walking! Lauren has only really started cruising in the last week or so. She did lots while we were away - nothing like having a new place to explore to get a little one moving.

I hope all the ill babies are feeling better. My two still have colds but seem to be feeling much better than a few days ago.

ETA: Ouch, poor Toby! Yes, Claire had a fabulous birthday and we even kept some of her presents back as she was quite spoiled, lucky girl. So she'll get them for Christmas instead. I went to the shops at Bateman's Bay to get a few last minute groceries and came out with the last balance bike at Aldi laughing2.gif

Edited by Puggle, 25 November 2009 - 09:24 PM.

#38 Nut

Posted 25 November 2009 - 09:45 PM

No this is not likely to fade. She has a big strawberry mark on her head and the back of her neck. Alex had the same thing and they are fading now. I asked about that and he said no, it's a blood vessel and whilst it may not look so obvious as she gets older, it's not likely to fade. It's like the broken capillaries one gets on their face with age or alcoholism. If you look at my sig you can just see it on her left cheek. It's called a telangiectasia.

Whilst it's not obvious, you can see already a small spider vain type thing creeping away from it. We will definitely get something done regardless, just depends on when.

Michelle - Love the photo original.gif

It's late and I am barely able to focus so I am going to go to bed.

#39 darnie

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:10 PM

Anne: I missed you, but I thought you still had a couple of days to go! So glad to see you abck!

Michelle: I hope Toby's lip is ok.

Not posting any more tonight. Had a couple of wines. wwhistle.gif ssecret.gif

#40 samagard

Posted 26 November 2009 - 12:38 PM

Just ducking in to say Isobel is 6 months today  cry1.gif wub.gif cry1.gif

#41 Nut

Posted 26 November 2009 - 12:46 PM

Just a quickie. If anyone is interested, Target has the Wiggles guitar and feathersword on special at 50% off. I got the guitar for $17 and the sword for $14. Thought it was too good a special to pass up!!

#42 darnie

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:02 PM

Happy 6 months birthday Isobel!

I honestly can't believe it has been 6 months! oomg.gif

Where is everyone? unsure.gif shrug.gif

#43 shelly1

Posted 26 November 2009 - 07:17 PM

Hi  waves.gif

I hope everyone babies are feeling better. Jade and I seem to have a mild tummy bug which was great to wake up to considering I had my job interview today. I think it went ok but we will see. As I said on my FB I wore the worst shoes - my heels had lost their skin walking in from the carpark but I did my best trying to keep it together LOL and got rid of them as soon as I left the interview room.

It must have exhausted him as he fell alseep while eating dinner with a mouthful of roast lamb.

That is tired LOL

Jade has started taking steps. The most she has done is 5 in a row and she will walk towards me if I sit on the floor but she has realised it is fun to take 2 steps and then fling herself at me. She also had a mini tantrum because Maddy wouldnt give her the textas (which I found funny but I am sure will wear thin soon)

#44 laraq75

Posted 26 November 2009 - 08:29 PM

Michelle/shelly - your baby girls are taking steps and Angus still hasn't even tried.  He was standing by himself for a while today but he won't do it without me putting him there. Not that I am in a rush to get him to walk because I like my baby boy being a baby.

Anne - I thought it was a bit quieter then usual but I thought you might be having a few quiet days with Claire having her birthday and everything.

#45 Puggle

Posted 26 November 2009 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE (laraq75 @ 26/11/2009, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought you might be having a few quiet days with Claire having her birthday and everything.

The concept of quiet days with Claire made me giggle, Lara. You have met my eldest daughter, haven't you wink.gif? But I know what you mean original.gif

Shelly, I meant to say good luck for your interview but instead I will say I hope the wait for the outcome is short and you get the answer you want to hear. Well done to Jade on taking steps!

Looks like I'm off to Sydney tomorrow to visit my parents. My Dad is still recovering from some surgery he had a few weeks ago so he isn't up to making the planned trip to Canberra. We have Claire's, Mum's and my brother's birthdays all within 8 days of each other in late November so generally do a joint celebration of some sort. I'd really like a weekend pottering around at home but I'm sure it will be a good trip. Hopefully it won't be too hot. DH still has lots of prep to do for his trip to the USA in a couple of weeks so I think he will appreciate the house being quiet without his bevy of females around!

Edited by Puggle, 26 November 2009 - 09:51 PM.

#46 darnie

Posted 27 November 2009 - 07:14 AM

Lara: DH took Alice to the Chiro before she started walking. He checked her out and then told DH not to force her to walk at that time because her spine wasn't ready. I felt really comforted by that, because even though it was actually quite obvious, it made me realise that of course she wouldn't be able to walk until her body was ready.

Anne: Have a good trip to Sydney. Stay safe.

Have to go. Kindergarten orientation this morning. cry1.gif

#47 Marvel

Posted 27 November 2009 - 07:53 AM

Wow, Kindy!!

Even though I want my boys to stay babies forever, I am ever so slightly hanging out for when AJ starts Kindy... ph34r.gif

So exciting!!

#48 darnie

Posted 27 November 2009 - 09:21 AM

Well, I dropped Erin at orientation. She was very lucky to end up in a class with a seemingly wonderful teacher and most of her friendship group. She walked off with her new class and didn't even look back. She was very excited and caught up in the moment.

I, on the otherhand, cried all the way along the GDE. I cried for my 5 year old who has grown up so quickly. I cried for my 18 month old who will start playschool in only 2 years rolleyes.gif I cried for Erin's gorgeous friend who didn't end up with many of her close friends in her class. Then I cried because I had seen a beautiful almost newborn baby (her name started with M, Sam) at the orientation, and I am never going to have a beautiful almost newborn again. Then I thought about how wonderful Erin's preschool teachers have been this year and last year and how well they have prepared her, so I cried about that too. Oh and another added little cry just because I absolutely and totally love the school that Erin goes to: The environment, the children, the teachers, the parents. I walked into work and went straight into a lady's office  and said "I've just dropped Erin at her kindergarten orientation" She looked at me. I blubbered uncontrollably and she took me for coffee. blush.gif I felt so silly! blush.gif laughing2.gif Did I mention that this was after I had almost cried on a man at reception who just looked at me strangely and went "rrriiiiiiiiiiiiight. ok then"? blush.gif

Honestly, I am such a moron. She is staying at the same school that she is at for preschool. Her new room is practically right next door to the old one. She's been in childcare since she was 7 months old. It isn't like I've never left her behind or anything.

Anyway, better go and do some work.

Take care and have a great day, everyone,
Deanne the sop.

Edited by darnie, 27 November 2009 - 09:22 AM.

#49 samagard

Posted 27 November 2009 - 09:46 AM

Aw Deanne  hhugs.gif
Did she at least have a good day?

#50 ~Sorceress~

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:30 AM

{{{Deanne}}} I would have cried too, but was distracted by the Playschool concert with Andrew laughing2.gif . And I'm really hoping poor Jess doesn't notice that all her good friends are in the other class, because Mrs C is a wonderful teacher and I'm really happy to have her - but I just don't understand why she wasn't given any of her special friends sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif .

Enjoy Sydney, Anne. Do you stay with your parents? Or is it too much on top of your father being sick?

I'm off to see if I can sneak a nana nap before school pickup - sitting on the floor for an hour with a toddler bouncing on and off my bump was more tiring than I'd anticipated laughing2.gif .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.