November 06 Parents # 134

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic

#26 Chelbean

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:14 PM

Tam - Great to hear you sounding so positive. Let us know about the recent BT results. Glad Reanna had a good time at carols! We didn't get there this year, we've been way to busy!

Tracey - Not long now till your holiday, i really hope you have a good time, after the year you've had you really need a relaxing break. So great that your office shuts up for three weeks over christmas. Matts does as well but since he seems to be the only one that can fix anything thats broken hes always going in anyway. Would love to see pics of kaitlyns hair, i love her hair its so beautiful and curly! Allies is fine and straight and at times looks like a mullet, drives me crazy lol.

Stacy - OMG about your MIL. You are much more patient than me, i would have gone completely mental by now! Let us know what happens. Those pics of jaiden were gorgeous lol so funny about the brown eye!!!

Bris girls - Not sure if you got my msgs on Facebook, Alice is sick, of course she picks the one day out of the year we choose to meet. She hasn't thrown up since this afternoon but i really don't want to risk her giving it to your kids, especially the bubbas and especially so close to Christmas and everyone going away. We will have to plan one for early next year. Am really disappointed i cant make it.

US - My god we've had one busy weekend around here! We went to whitewater world again on Saturday, of course Alice had a ball, this time got an underwater camera so when we get the pics developed ill put them on Facebook for everyone to see. I didn't get burnt this time which was a bonus!
Yesterday we went to the wiggle concert, it was fantastic! Our seats were five rows back from the stage and we were in the aisle so it was perfect. Alice was up dancing and could even go to the front of the stage and dance. They really put on a good show as well!! And guess what...Alice got to high five Murray! I am so annoyed i didn't get it on video, i was recording on my phone Alice dancing and jumping around, then all of a sudden Matt was in the way and i was like what is he doing, turned it off...looked up and saw that Murray had come down off the stage. He is SO tall lol. He stood in front of Allie for a high five. Allie was just standing there with big eyes, but he waited until she did it and she ran over to us giggling, it was so beautiful!
So yes a really good time was had...we also were all completely buggered after it!

Matt and I are going away this weekend, my dad is taking Alice down to lismore on Friday morning the Matt and i are heading down the coast for his Christmas party, i cant wait. Only two nights but then Allie will be staying with my parents till the Wednesday when we get down there, figured it was silly to bring her back up only to take her back down for Christmas. Love her to death but it will be so nice to have time alone!

Better go, lots of folding to do and a millions Christmas presents to wrap!

Take care,

Rach

#27 hawkchick

Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:50 PM

Tam - good luck for your BT results

Stacy - have a great holiday!!! GRR to your MIL

Mindy - have a great trip.

Rach - I hope Alice is better soon.

BBL...

#28 boo boos mumma

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:18 PM

Hey Girls,

I got my BT results back this morning as I missed the docs call on Monday night....all great news.  My levels last Weds were 18,000 and 5 days later it was 96,000 so thats great.

Now its just next MOnday's scan that will be the real test but Im quite confident all should be great but I'll be holding my breath untill we see that heart beat lol.

Ive been feeling unwell today, good old m/s lucky me  rolleyes.gif but I've managed to snack a bit this arvo with cherries and light and tangy chips so I feel okish atm well till next time my tummy grumbles that is grrr.

I hope u are all doing well, Im so exhausted i told my doc on the phone that I wouldnt be surprised if I was anaemic so she said to go buy some iron tablets and she said that it is possible. I just feel so tired 24/7 its more than just the first trimester tiredness thats for sure.

#29 mrsdingo

Posted 17 December 2009 - 07:03 AM

Hi girls

Sorry for the lack of posts lately, things are busy around here atm.

Just thought I would show you all my car that I love so much laughing2.gif !! DP has it on another website for sale or swaps rolleyes.gif , so I thought I'd put the link here so as you can all see it.

Our car

Hope that works, haven't posted a link before.

Will make time later for personals, promise biggrin.gif .
Kirsty

#30 Stacymoo

Posted 17 December 2009 - 11:09 AM

OK girls I am signing out for 2009!!! eexcite.gif All packed & ready to board that plane at 7pm tomorrow night. biggrin.gif Can' wait, I am soooo tired from a long year & am looking forward to that first massage on Saturday. We had a Xmas BBQ with my family last night & Jaiden got so spoilt. It was a really great way to have a send off. biggrin.gif

Hope all you lovely ladies have a wonderful Xmas & thank you for your friendships & support in the last 12 months. I consider all of you great friends & wish you all love, laughter & happiness for 2010. wub.gif

Tam - great news with your levels. I am sure your mum is watching out for you darl. hhugs.gif

Seeya in the new year girls. waves.gif

#31 mrsdingo

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:28 PM

Ok girls am back for pesonals as promised!!

Stacy Have a wonderful holiday!!! Look forward to 'seeing' you in the new year!

Tam Glad to hear BT results are good. Fingers are tightly crossed for your u/s on Mon.

Rach Hope Allie is feeling better! Hope you enjoy your time away too!!

Tracey I hear you on the meltdowns, have been dealing with a few lately thanks to the weather. Hope you have a lovely holiday too.

Melinda Enjoy your holiday!! Wow your sister and 5 kids, no doubt it will be hectic, but enjoy!!

Ok ladies that's my page! As I said earlier the car is fixed and up for sale. Bit unsure about wether or not we want it to go though.

Kids are good. Jennifer is on hols now, nice to have her around and spend more time with her. Chelsea and David are doing my head in still. Mitchell is getting huge, am trying to stretch him out to 3 hrly feeds, 2 hrly is just too hard to keep doing. He is feeding better, doesn't seem to be getting over full at each feed anymore.

The kids and I are off to spend the weekend with my Grandma this weekend. Just a little break from DP and the same old routine before Christmas. Will be nice for her to have my kids to herself (mum is in Cooktown for a few more days).

Ok girls will be back next week to catch up!
Kirsty

#32 boo boos mumma

Posted 20 December 2009 - 11:44 PM

Have fun Stacy, you are a great friend to all of us too xxoo

Kirsty is that the car u are selling or buying?? (the orange SS I mean??) Its very noice either way lol.

Hi ya girls, not much to say really just a hi really.

I have my friends' mum's funeral tomorrow, so sad....3rd funeral in less than 3months, just wrong.

I postponed my u/s till Tues cause I couldnt manage to go to both the funeral and the u/s appt tomorrow....

To be ohnest I am getting so anxious like sometimes my stomach knots when I think of it....I was coping so well but since Friday I think that cause the day is emerging to learn if this little bub has held on or not....see I dont really have m/s now i only did for like 2days but if my dates are off I could be in for it real soon anyhows.....the BT results are good but the m/s should have really kicked worse so we will see....

I will let u all know sometime tues on how I go, fingers crossed I dont think i could handle them telling me that bubs didnt make it...

#33 boo boos mumma

Posted 22 December 2009 - 05:16 PM

Hi Girls,

Had my scan today, HB is perfect PHEW and bubs is now measuring 7wks/5days so my EDD is 5th August one day off my bday lol.

I am so thrilled so is DH, OMG I was so nervous and stressed last night but so relieved bubs is doing so well. So tiny midget continues  biggrin.gif

#34 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 23 December 2009 - 06:41 AM

That's great Tam.  So pleased for you

#35 ~*~Tracey~*~

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:43 PM

Hi girls.

Tam - that is awesome!!!!!  Wonder what was going on last time????  What a great Chrissy present

Well not much to tell here, sorry for the lack of personals.

Hayley had her 6 month needles the other day and Kaitlyn is sick again.......honestly I hope the change of climate when we go away helps her with her sickness.  It was very cute though, I got Mum to come with me cause she was going to take Kaitlyn to day care when she was checked out but the doctor said she couldn't go so Mum sat with Hayley whilst she had her needles cause she knows what I am like.  Anyway I was trying to walk out with Kaitlyn whilst Hayley was having her needles.  The first one she hardly whimpered at all, the second needle OMG she screamed and so did Kaitlyn.

Kaitlyn instantly stopped in her tracks, burst into tears and said "No Hayley Hayley Hayley".  It was so cute.  Hayley had stopped crying in about 2 seconds but it took us about 10 mins to calm Kaitlyn down because she thought that Hayley was being hurt.  The people in the waiting room laughed and one of them said "she loves her sister".  It was really very sweet.  Don't think there is any doubt as to whether Kaitlyn loves her or not laughing2.gif

Anyway, I probably won't be on much between now and when we go away next week, we will probably take the computer with us so I will be on every now and then to check up.

I just really jumped on to wish everyone a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a safe and happy NEW YEAR.  Let's hope 2010 is a better year for us all!

xxxxx

#36 hawkchick

Posted 25 December 2009 - 06:31 PM

Merry Christmas everyone!

And Tam - I am thrilled with your news!

#37 boo boos mumma

Posted 26 December 2009 - 11:48 AM

Thanks Tracey and Blish, it sure was a nice xmas pressie.

Tracey I must have O'd late, makes sense with the out of wack cycle I would have had in Oct so bubs just implanted a bit later thats all. Great news.
So cute about Kaitlyn crying when Hayley got her needles. Ive never taken Reanna with me when Aiden got his so not sure how Reanna would React really. If he cries at night she does wake up and shouts out to me 'Whats wrong with Aiden, why is Aiden crying' and she won't go back to sleep untill I let her know he is fine lol.  Enjoy your holiday u lucky thing.

HOpe u all had a nice xmas!!

Not bad here at all. Gorgeous to see Reanna more into it and even Aiden had a go at opening the pressies, was so cute.  Lunch was nice I cooked a mean roast if i say so myself and then we went to my bro's for dinner and then later to Inlaws where Steve and Reanna had more dessert the piggies lol.

I got a new phone and $500 to spend on the sales so I was happy.

Was a bit sad without mum, my bro rang me at mid day in tears as he was at the cemetary. I coped so well untill I went to see mum too and I just cried my eyes out, Reanna cuddling me, gosh my little girls is so loving.  But after that I was fine, got it out and continued enjoying my day with the family.

But the day really was lovely but tiring lol.

#38 alybel

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:22 AM

Tam - great news about your ultrasound.

i hope everyone had a great christmas day.  We had a very busy time seeing both families, kids were really spoilt.  We are heading out soon to do the grocery shopping.  So hot today, even though it is raining off and on..

#39 k123

Posted 28 December 2009 - 07:54 AM

Hi all,

Sory haven't been in here much at the moment.  I am still around just not really getting the time to post much, I must admit I have been slack and haven't even been reading much.  Sorry.

Hope all are well and that you all had a good chrissy.

Tam - Congrats that is very exciting.  So I am not the only nuts one that is going to have 3 under 4!  FWIW I had no m/s with this one and I had bad m/s with the other 2.  Hope all stays well with you.

Us - Lara is seriously pushing the boundries at the moment.  I can't wait for her to start pre school in a week.  Liam is teething so not much sleep is being had here and I am sitting on my ass cause I can't move anymore.  26 weeks yesterday so only 14 weeks to go, I really want the bubba out now cause I feel guilty that I can't do anything with the kids.  I can't even take them to the park because I can't chase Liam around properly.  Feeling like a bad mummy at the moment. sad.gif   It won't last long though and then I will jsut be cranky cause I am sleep deprived instead of being cranky cause I am sore! rolleyes.gif

K well Lara wants my attention at the moment.  She is playing in the sandpit in the rain so I dread to think what she is up to!

#40 mrsdingo

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:11 AM

Morning all

Tam That is the car DP is selling. I sooo don't want to get rid of it, but it's his so not up to me. Glad to hear your u/s went well, here's hoping for a problem free next 8mnths or so!!

Kat Awww hun hope the next 14weeks fly by and you can be sleep deprived, not in pain anymore.

Alison Isn't this weather shocking. I'm soooo sick of not being able to wash.

Tracey Oh isn't Kaitlyn cute!! David and Chelsea were in with me when Mitchell had his 2 mnth needles just to watch, sad children lol.

Ok girls that is my page. Not much to tell here. Had both Chelsea and David sick over Christmas. Poor David came down with it Christmas morning, had to wake him up for pressies. We still took him out, he was really good considering. Kids all got spoilt rotten, DP and I did alright out of it too.

Mitchell was 4 mnths old on xmas day. It has gone so quick. Have to book him in for needles next week, that'll be fun.

Ok girls off to sort out my whinging baby! Hope everyone is well!
Kirsty

#41 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 29 December 2009 - 02:23 PM

waves.gif  just a quikky.  Jordan is now asleep on the couch and Maeve's at my parent's - has been since christmas day.  So I have 2hrs to get everything done.
Hope everyone had a good Christmas.  Ours was fine.

DH picks up the step-kids at midnight tonight and his parents arrive tomorrow lunch.  They will be staying in ha motel though.  More comfortable for them and a lot easier on us, though DH was disappointed.  I think it makes a lot of sense.

Blish - I like your new sig.  

Best get to work

#42 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:02 PM

Just out of curiosity - are your 3yos still having daytime sleeps?  And what time do they go to bed at night.

It's now 10pm and he's watching his second Wiggles DVD.  Was up till 12.30am this morning last night (if that makes sense).

DH is sooo not happy.  I can't be stuffed with a fight (with Jordan that is).

#43 Chelbean

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:22 PM

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the silence, things have been hectic here. I am very much regretting taking on two uni units over christmas! Am really not motivated to do anything!

Christmas was good. Had a massive fight with my mother, seriously what is new. Now we are organising going down camping for two weeks, with her and im not looking forward to it at all! So much to organise. Am sure we will have fun once we are there, its just when we got home last year we literally left the stuff in the trailer, it is all stuff that is purely for camping but im sure all the linen will need a wash, and we have had to buy a new bed for allie, camping bed that is...praying she will love it and sleep in it, she doesn't fit in the porta cot anymore.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and that you are all having lovely holidays!

Brooke - Allie still sleeps for two hours per day. She goes from 2:30 - 4:30 (though sometimes its till 5:30 depending on how tired she is) then she is back in bed at the latest 8:30pm. Sometimes she stays up later, we can hear her talking in there to her stuffed animals and singing songs but she stays in bed and talks herself to sleep.
The little boy i look after only has an hour and a half, i wake him up now because he was sleeping to long and not sleeping of a night. Really depends on the child. Saw your facebook status, way to go on the toilet training. I looked into that Sue Larky and really liked what she said, i think it would work for Alice, its just are you staying home while you do it? With no nappies at all we would have to and that just doesnt work for us, she needs to be in nappies at work so she doesn't wee everywhere! Am only working two days a week from now on though so maybe that will help. Shes so interested in it though, watches everyone go to the toilet and then waves "bye wees" as it goes down. lol.

Okay thats me, sorry girls!

Night,

Rach

#44 rizzo

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:43 AM

Hi Ladies,

Just popping in to say I hope everyone has a wonderful 2010. I know so many need it.

We are all good here, Kane is 8 weeks tomorrow, time just flies.
Here is a pic taken yesterday

Brooke - Tristan doesn't have a sleep during the day, hasn't done for nearly most of this year. He is usually in bed by 7.30pm, but sometimes he's asleep earlier if it's been a big day. If he has a day sleep, then he struggles to go to sleep at 7.30 and can be up quite late. Neither of the boys sleep in, no matter how late they stay up, they just end up cranky the next day, so I'm pretty strict on bedtime, for my own sanity.

Sorry, one handed typing, so I better go.
Liz

ETA- wonderful new Tam, congratulations. You are going to be one busy girl original.gif

Edited by rizzo, 31 December 2009 - 09:46 AM.

#45 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:23 AM

Rach - don't start if you can't keep her out of nappies other than pull ups for night and naps.  You can't say to her "use the toilet this morning, but not this afternoon".  We started on boxing day, have had a trip to and from Wang (45 mins drive), a trip to Kmart and no accidents.  Woo Hoo.  And this morning I drove him to a park so we could use the public toilets there for practice - I took the toilet seat with me.  We are going out for NYE tongight and I needed to see how we'd go using public toilets.  All good.

We're not doing independent toileting yet.  I'm taking him hourly.  Soon we will start getting him to initiate - Sue Larkeys stuff doesn't cover that, but I've got another book that does and help from his supervisor.  If you start with toilet timing (on a schedule)she won't wee everywhere because you teach her to go on command, then she gets used to holding it till toilet time.

We've used Marshmellows and M&Ms as rewards for toileting

And Im sooo jelous of your bedtimes!!!

#46 hawkchick

Posted 31 December 2009 - 07:48 PM

Elora has not had a day nap since 18 months/2 years (can't remember) - she used to love her 3 hour nap but it would get in the way of school pick up and she'd then stay up too late so I weaned her off it. She wakes up around 8/8.30am (but on school days I wake her at 7.15am) and goes to bed at 8pm. Every day.

Toilet training is frustrating. Elora has to be prompted every time. If she has pants on at all she wets in them as though they're a nappy. If I strip it off to nothing she has SOME success, but mainly failures. She pooed on my freshly drycleaned carpet just before. Remember both my sons had encopresis so Josh pooed his pants for 10 years and James for 2.5 years. I was praying she'd just "click" and find it easy but it's not looking that way.

We had a nice Christmas although my Dad played up again - won't go into it all, but it did tarnish the day.

#47 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:00 PM

Happy New Year Everyone

#48 mrsdingo

Posted 01 January 2010 - 06:03 AM

Happy New Year Girls!!

May 2010 bring you everything you want and more!!!

#49 boo boos mumma

Posted 01 January 2010 - 01:47 PM

Happy new year, not so great for me but anyways might talk in a few days, not sure i will be home for a while.

Edited by amaratae, 01 January 2010 - 01:49 PM.

#50 hawkchick

Posted 01 January 2010 - 04:14 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Tam  {hugs} - hope things are ok

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.