September 05 Parents # 388

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
91 replies to this topic

#26 ~3boysmummy~

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:34 PM

We even said his poo can join all the other poo and it has a poo party.
ROFLMAO roll2.gif

Our daycare is closed for 2 weeks over chrissy. Matt is loving his break. He doesn't like daycare at all. LOL

#27 mhjemma

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:57 PM

Daycare: I chose mine specifically because they close for 2 weeks over Christmas and we don't have to pay. There is one other that closes, but you have to pay half fees over that time. The others stay open. I figure since I know that I will always have the school holidays, it is great that I don't have to pay for the 2 week closure.

(I am looking forward to it reopening though!! LOL)

#28 bellemae

Posted 31 December 2009 - 11:09 AM

Hiya all, thought I'd pop in for one last post for the year! OMG how quickly how this year gone??!!

Went through the kids clothes the other day, taking out the too-smalls 'n stuff...stocked Kais drawer with Tiens old uniforms - started getting teary at the idea that he's actually starting school - Kai is starting to get VERY excited! It all just feels so...I don't know...BIG!!

Better go really (sorry lame last post of the year, no personals), we've got three extras here at the moment, so five kids (it's a lot for us), and I've left them all with Matt....should be keeping him company.

Hope you all have a fabulous New Years Eve and it is the start of a beautiful year full of much love and happiness.

#29 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 01 January 2010 - 12:27 AM

Happy New Year!!

#30 ~crackajac~

Posted 01 January 2010 - 05:55 AM

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Lets hope 2010 brings all my friends lots of laughs and good fortune...

xxxx

#31 ~3boysmummy~

Posted 01 January 2010 - 10:41 AM

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

How many of you have hangovers this morning??? I did manage to see the new year because our bloody neighbours played their music so bloody loud our house was shaking. I mean it was #$!%^%$% loud!!! Cam decided he liked the music and wanted to party. At one point he was standing on my bed dancing. Grrrrr. Finally turned it down at 1am and Cam finally went to sleep!!!

#32 Kay1

Posted 01 January 2010 - 12:39 PM

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all have years filled with good health, love and happiness. bbighug.gif

We had a lovely night, had our good friends from Brissie here so they stayed over and we just had a nice BBQ and chilled out with another friend of ours. Was very quiet but nice. I got up with the kids this morning and everyone else slept in, I am pretty tired now though because the neighbours kept me up til 2am. So having a total veg day watching movies etc. The kids are still in their pyjamas LOL. Just trying to decide whether to have a nap or go for a walk while Leo is asleep......

#33 butterflies

Posted 01 January 2010 - 12:45 PM

go for a sleep Kay!!!!  I had a 3 hour nap yesterday, I felt good after and I actually made it to midnight.  Spent NYE ironing and packing. The kids slept in til 8ish yay!!

we are off tomorrow morning early so will see you all in a week or so.

Oh Mel where about on the south coast are you going?  we are at Merimbula for a week.  I hope your NYE front row show was spectacular

#34 mhjemma

Posted 01 January 2010 - 06:24 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR biggrin.gif

We stayed home last night and had a lovely time biggrin.gif
Today was very laid back (we are all still in our PJ's. Caius is having a hard time understanding that it is nearly bed time, but he hasn't even got his clothes on yet!! LOL

I am also ecstatic to report that he slept all night with no nappy, and no accident.Even more exciting, he did a poo in the toilet today!!!! Not sure if it will continue, but he is taking the whole concept of no nappies pretty well. He said himself "I'm growing up now" Awwwwwww, bless him.

xoxoxoxoxo

P.S Karina - have a great holiday.

#35 maisy_jane

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:31 AM

hey guys long time no see...yes slacker is back to say hello...want to wish you all a belated merry christmas and an extremely happy and safe new year!...cant wait to catch up on everything thats been going on...

#36 bellemae

Posted 02 January 2010 - 11:32 AM

Hiya all!!!

No hangover from New Years here - we don't drink, and were in bed before midnight. Matt had to go and pick up his mum early yesterday morning, didn't want to be driving overtired. Tis really nice having his mum here - she's a lovely woman, very relaxed person to have around. I really enjoy her company.

Poor little Kai has a swollen foot. Very strange. He was bitten/stung by something New Years Eve which clearly hurt A LOT! It got him on the foot, then again on his hand when he flicked it off sad.gif Poor little man. He said it was a jumping ant (jumping jack). Yesterday arvo his whole foot swelled up. Then today he woke up with a big blister where he was bitten, foot still swollen. Guess he's a little allergic, never seen a response like this to these ants sad.gif And he was up most of last night in pain/discomfort due to the itching.  I so feel for him, but my god being overtired makes him a cranky little so-and-so! I'm so so so over the whinging today already...sigh...

VERY exciting Mardi, sounds like he's doing well!!! biggrin.gif

Hiya Kate!

Kay, I know it's a bit late now, but I would've gone the nanna nap original.gif But I've been very very lazy of late - I think it's the heat.

Edited by bellemae, 02 January 2010 - 11:35 AM.

#37 Titania

Posted 03 January 2010 - 07:53 AM

Happy New Year all!

A little tired here. Just got back from three nights at Kangaroo Valley. Was lovely - but kids didn't sleep a whole heap and yes we did get to stay up until midnight cos the neighbouring farm had fire works lol. And yes all had a little hangover as we stayed up with my mum after I made a yummy three course dinner - playing yahtzee. Very nice.

Weather's a bit disappointing at mo...

Belle - Lorcan had exactly the same thing NYE. Foot sweeled right up. We went and got some polaramine which helped. But he had mozzie bites all over him too - four on his face, one between his eyes (our bad, they were in the boys room during night) - and his swelled almost shut - so he is pretty allergic. Griff comes up in huge welts, so I'm glad he wasn't bitten. I'm working on a natural repellent for the store.

So wet outside today, nothing planned - think we'll just take the tree down and pack up christmas...

#38 Starbuck

Posted 03 January 2010 - 12:10 PM

Hi all. Glad to hear most people's Christmas day's etc were good.

We had Lunch with my Mum, Dad, Sis and BIL and my new little Neice. Then Dinner at family friend's, playing Guitar hero. I have a lot more respect for people who can play guitar hero now!!! Mum and I were both playing think "we should be able to do this, we're musicians!!!" lol.

Then we went to Sydney for Boxing day with DH's fam, then stayed at my BIL's for 5 days.

While we were in Syd we were to the Olympic Park Aquatic centre. It was awesome with these slides and stuff for the kids.

One of my New Year's resolutions is to stay off EB more, but when on, come here rather than the General boards blush.gif So, let's see how I go...

#39 ~crackajac~

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:38 AM

Sorry to anyone who has had spam emails come from my address it is not me. Trying to sort it out. Not working at moment so going to get rid of hotmail.

Hope everyone is well

xxx

#40 mhjemma

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:24 AM

Hay Jac, got one of those spam emails from you but guessed it was just a hotmail hack. I know you wouldn't send crap like that out ! LOL

We spent the weekend with some gorgeous friends in their new house in the gorgeous town of Daylesford and are about to head to Ocean Grove for a few days...Ahhhhh I love summer biggrin.gif

Caius has been going well without nappies. He still waits until he is about to burst before doing a poo, but he is getting there. He was dry for 3 nights, but wet heavily last night...up changing sheets etc. at 3am!!! He was extremely tired though, and I expect a few accidents, so long as it isn't every night!!

Ok, better go and finish packing. Hope everyone is well and enjoying life.
xoxoxoxoxo

#41 Kay1

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:50 AM

Hay Jac, got one of those spam emails from you but guessed it was just a hotmail hack. I know you wouldn't send crap like that out ! LOL

Same here LOL.

Man I'm over this rainy weather!! Really hoping we get a couple of nice days this week before DH goes back to work next week.

#42 Starbuck

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:14 PM

I on the other hand Jac, felt that it probably was you and wasn't it nice of you to promote that store. And calling me dear friend, so lovely... Tounge1.gif

I have instigated a holiday reward chart, so sick of all these fights and upsets. So they have been told that they will not get to do fun stuff unless there are lots of ticks on the board for good behaviour.

#43 Kay1

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:06 AM

Oh my Leo is  a miserable mess today! wacko.gif He had better be cutting a tooth! Fortunately my parents are babysitting while we go out for lunch - woohoo, and its sunny, double woohooo!!! ddance.gif

#44 BronR

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:08 PM

Belated Happy New Year to all.

We went away Boxing Day to the Central Coast with 2 other families. We had a good time although the weather could have been kinder - only 2 days of going to the beach and then days finding local play Centre, bowling, indoor pools etc but still had fun.

Really I came on here to brag - Abi did a poo in the toilet!!! bbabyflip.gif  I have felt she was looking like she might be ready to try TT for a little while. I bought her some training pants (mainly 'cause I can't find undies small enough) and we had the morning in them the other day and no accident but also no wee in the potty/toilet but then we have been busy etc so haven't tried again. So tonight I was running the bath and she said "stinker" (which is what we say to her when she has a pooy nappy "are you a stinker Abigail" blush.gif or what she says when she comes to tell me she's already done one) so I asked her if she wanted to sit on the potty and she said "no potty, toilet" so I put the little seat on for her and after a couple of minutes of me coaxing her to stay put she did it and said "stinker, I did it". I am so proud of her.  huh.gif We did lots of cheering and she had a look at it in the loo and said "snake" PMSL and she clapped and cheered too. I so hope this means she will be easy unlike Rory who pooped his undies and the his night nappy for well over 6 months.

Madly trying to think about Abi's Birthday party which we are having on Sunday. It's just a small affair but even so I haven't really done anything about it yet and we are going to my BF's 40th the day before so.... Then only thing decided is she is having a Roary the Racing Car" cake. She loves that car/show. Squeals every time she hears the intro music so I thought it's a great chance to have a car cake before I get fairy/princess etc requests as she gets older.

Can't actually believe my bubba is going to be 2 in a few days.  ohmy.gif

Love to all - bed is calling. Going to the Powerhouse Museum tmw with my SIS and her kids so should be fun - I haven't been there in years and years.

#45 Kay1

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:08 PM

Wow that's great going on the TT Bron! Hope it continues!!

Oh my I am shattered - just had the worst screaming episode from Leo. Went on about 40 minutes and he didn't know what to do with himself, full on rage, trying to hit and pinch and bite me, trying to squeeze into small spaces, grabbing everything within reach and flinging it on the floor, screaming so much he kept choking sad.gif . It didnt' seem to result from anything in particular and at first was kind of funny but after a while I was getting upset because I just couldn't comfort him. He was repetitively stamping his feet like he couldn't stop himself and I felt he might be in pain so gave him some nurofen and 10 minutes later he snapped out of it. wacko.gif Hope he isn't prone to migraines or something. He is ok now but still grizzling in bed. He must be exhausted after all that screaming and especially since we went on a ferry trip today and turns out he's afraid of ferries - cried the whole 40 minutes.....

Poor munchkin, wish I knew what was wrong, he's been a right mess this week. I thought it might be because we've been getting slack about his reflux medication but after tonight's performance I'm not so sure. He is well and truly due for some teeth but isn't showing any particular signs of teething shrug.gif Any ideas??

#46 bellemae

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:24 PM

Eeek...A guy I know on FB (Don't know him well, he knows lots of people I do & his little sis was in my class at school) was having a vent about loosing some staff at work (runs a web dev company nearby), lots of jobs coming in etc. Thought I'd send him a msg and offer a hand if he needs it...REALLY just expected he'd write back with you know 'all good, just stressing...' or something along those lines. But instead the response was 'It's 3-5 days can you do that? Be great to have a girl programmer' ohmy.gif Kinda in shock. Just wasn't expecting it. Getting him to send over a job description, but it would be SOOO perfect if it works out *fingers crossed* trying not to get my hopes up, but gosh I'd love to be working again!

#47 Kay1

Posted 11 January 2010 - 12:03 PM

Oh wow Belle fingers crossed!!

#48 Starbuck

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:07 PM

Awesome Belle!!! Fingers crossed for you.

OK I had a post, but then lost it and have run out of time. Stupid fingers accidently hitting something!!@!

Keep cool!!

#49 BronR

Posted 11 January 2010 - 02:50 PM

Belle. That sounds great. With Kai off to school in a few weeks sounds perfect. Fingers crossed it all works out.

We had Abi's Birthday party yesterday and had a great time. Lovely mix of friends and family and all the kids played so well together either jumping on the trampoline or splashing in the paddling pool. I'll post some photos on FB soon.

Arrgh Abi awake - naturally as soon as I start posting.

BBL.

#50 butterflies

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:40 PM

Fingers crossed Belle!!

Happy Birthday Abi!! I can't beleive she is 2!

had a crappy 6 - 12 months with pelvic pain, little to no AF, millions of pg tests (am on the pill but that didn't work with Paris) saw the gynp today and am booked in for a lap on Friday.  He is saying it may be endo or it could be the bowel??? will wait and find out.  I hope I get an answer soon as I am sick of pain!!

sorry for that spill but had to get it out.  yes I love DH but men just don't get it.  He now has the craps because he booked work in on friday and now he has to cancel it, he said he will get his mum but she had a double knee replacement early dec and she isn't well.  aaarrrrgggghhhh.

I shouldn't complain the last two years the work didn't pick up til July,

and also I am feeling low cause my two BF's are moving to QLD up with my other BF.

OK sooking over with

we had a great holiday down the coast, a great caravan park, the kids made friends and we have booked again for next year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.