Feb 05 Parents # 65
Feb 05 Parents # 65

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
198 replies to this topic

#26 tinyweehen

Posted 16 July 2005 - 09:22 AM

Ingrid - congrats on Will going to solids and loving it! How exciting! I'm really looking forward to trying Caity, but holding off a bit more....

#27 tinyweehen

Posted 16 July 2005 - 10:57 AM

Tori Amos' 'Winter' would be another of my fave songs. I get chills/teary every time I hear it. 'Little Earthquakes' is an amazing album.

KARINA, you big DAG!!! So you were Lemon all along! You are a hoot!

Poor Bronte, Bec! Hope her eyes stop being itchy.

Caity was given a cute Fred Bare hat, and I've been taking photos of her with it on - my god she is looking FAT!!! LOL Such a fat buddha!  Will try and post some pics this weekend.  Have to do massive tidy with DH - he is getting a bit tired of living in a hovel, I've been letting things go a bit lately.

xx

#28 tinyweehen

Posted 16 July 2005 - 11:06 AM

I also really like Bjork and Sinead O'Connor. Okay, I better shut up on the music, you all get the picture - I like lots of it a lot.

#29 4littlemonkeys

Posted 16 July 2005 - 12:12 PM

Morning girls

QOTT - geez i have a eclectic taste in music too. I have everything from robbie williams to the beatles and everything in between! I love robbie at the moment and i love kelly clarkson and missy higgins too. I just listen to different stuff from day to day - depending on my mood. bec+2 - i have been listening to the "where the heart is" song since we talked about it, i love it.

WEll i went and weighed in at WW this morn and have lost another 1.4kg. Yay! All the healthy eating and exercise is working. I am very happy. I took the boys wtih me and we were mobbed by all the old ladies! They just love babies.

Well have a friend coming over to wax and tint my eyebrows and eyelashes, so that should be good. I hope she is good because she has never done them for me before but i have heard rave reviews from other friends, so lets hope its all good! I have to go to a friends christening tomorrow and want to look good.

Karina - i seriously don't know how you can hold coherent conversations first thing in the mornign with about 5 minutes sleep! I would go nuts. I am pushing it to stay up to chat to you girls- and it has been ages since i've done that because i'm always buggered!

Keenan is on my lap and is wriggling about, so must go.

Chat later,

Rach

Rach(26)
BJ(35)
Our sweet ID twin boys - Aidan & Keenan - born 5 Feb 05

IPB Image

This message was edited by RachieD on Saturday, 16 July 2005 @ 12:15 PM

#30 ang_w

Posted 16 July 2005 - 12:29 PM

Just a quickie as I need to hang out a load of washing and then take a nap while the girls are sleeping.  The late nights this week are catching up with me.

Thanks for chat last night girls.  It was hilarious!

I have posted a funny pic on the msn site (Be warned - adult content) but I know you are all perverts and will want to see it anyway!  LOL

Will catch some of you tonight no doubt.

[center]Holly & Georgia

#31 tinyweehen

Posted 16 July 2005 - 12:56 PM

LOL! Love the pics Ang!!! How bizarre!

#32 ang_w

Posted 16 July 2005 - 12:56 PM

Who me Karina?????  I don't know what you're talking about  wink.gif

Tanya - I have sent that link to your hotmail address.  Let me know if you get it.  I don't have your other address.  I lost it when my computer crashed.  If you don't get it, PM me your other addy and I'll send it to that one.

Okay......off to snoozeland hopefully.

[center]Holly & Georgia

#33 ang_w

Posted 16 July 2005 - 12:57 PM

Mmmmmm, gross hey!  LMAO

[center]Holly & Georgia

#34 ~*Tanya*~

Posted 16 July 2005 - 01:16 PM

hi there. just a quick one as my sis is coming round soon with her kids as she is feeling a bit down at the moment.

Thanks last nite for the chat. It was such a laugh, even though i am paying for my 1.30am bed now. I'll see if i will get into tonite because i better spend some time with dh or he mite not let me on the computer again. lol.

ang - I got your email thanks. My hotmail is the one i use the most anyway. The nappy covers look great, i am quite interested. I will let you know soon.

I better go, catch u soon
Tanya

Brianna Joy ~ 13/07/00
Alec James ~ 08/07/02
Stephanie Ann ~ 03/02/05

#35 tinyweehen

Posted 16 July 2005 - 02:04 PM

Anne - I just did the same thing you did to Lily!  cool.gifo:
I was cutting Caitlyn's nails, and hadn't been able to find the usual baby clippers for days, so she has been scratching herself, so I tried to use the big clippers...  sad.gif

Bad mummy. Luckily she didn't bleed much and after lots of cuddles seems to have forgotten it.  I cut her favourite sucking thumb, so hope it will heal okay in spite of it being in her mouth all the time.

#36 tinyweehen

Posted 16 July 2005 - 02:05 PM

Poor MTW - any loss is one too many, and she has had so many now..it must be very hard to bear.

#37 4littlemonkeys

Posted 16 July 2005 - 02:46 PM

hi girls

well BJ and i are beign really exciting, watching Geelong.. how thrilling.. Not.  I just got my eyebrows and eyelashes done and they look great now, much better.  The girl came to my house, so i am very happy with that.

Well not much else is happenign.. am about to head off to the shops to get a few bits and pieces.. i will try to get on to chat tonight if anyone is about..

Rach

Rach(26)
BJ(35)

IPB Image

#38 channy870

Posted 16 July 2005 - 03:59 PM

Hi all. I am having a get together for mums with bubs born after February 2005. It is Thursday the 21st, 10.30 AM The Coffee Club..Level 2 (near Myer)…Dandenong Plaza, Dandenong, Melbourne. Thought it would be good to get together with mums in the area who have bubs around the same age. Hope some of you can make it.

Chantell – mum to
Malakai born 22/03/05
msn: b_c_stoner9@hotmail.com
email: bcstoner@bigpond.net.au

#39 ang_w

Posted 16 July 2005 - 04:28 PM

TWH - had to laugh at your wet spot comment.  How true hey.  The way we see things change drastically after having a baby.

That is sad about MTW.  I don't know how she deals with it all.  She must be such a strong woman.

I got an hours nap this afternoon when both the girls slept, so I am ready to go again tonight  LOL

Ingrid - that is great that Will loves the solids.  So did Georgia.  She eats about the size of one of those Petit Miam kids yoghurts full.  Loves it.  Plus, when she started eating that much (a couple of days after starting it last week) she is now sleeping 12 hours every night instead of anywhere between 4-6 hour stretches.  Poor little thing must have been hungry.

Georgia doesn't have any toys in her cot either.  Holly had the FP Aquarium and it was in Georgia's cot for a while but the batteries never last long on it, so I haven't even got it on there anymore.  Where her cot is now, she can see herself in the mirror on the wall when she wakes up, so I think that keeps her occupied.

Rach - glad you enjoyed your pampering today.  I bet you feel a million bucks.  

Tanya - I hope you had a nice afternoon with your sister and were able to cheer her up.

TWH - I hope Caity's finger isn't too sore.  Poor bubba.

[center]Holly & Georgia

#40 ~*Tanya*~

Posted 16 July 2005 - 04:56 PM

Hi there i'm back again.

Well my sister and her kids have gone and our kids enjoyed playing together. I'm a bit worried about my sis. She suffers on and off depression and she does seem really down and most nights she just cant stop crying. I hadnt told her about EB before as she has only just got the internet. I noticed there is a forum for depression and maybe she could get some support from people who have been through it. Sorry about the rambling.

ang - lol at you ready to go for it again tonite. I wish all my kids still slept in the arvo.

Rachie - it feels nice to be pampered especially when they can come to your house.

Karina - I can so relate to the fighting. My kids drive me insane sometimes, i'm just so glad my sis came over or i would have gone crazy.

Well i better go, hopefully dh will be home in just over an hour.

Tanya

Brianna Joy ~ 13/07/00
Alec James ~ 08/07/02
Stephanie Ann ~ 03/02/05

#41 purple_elmo

Posted 16 July 2005 - 05:29 PM

Hey Rach, did you get my email about doing your hair? I guess not cause I didn't hear from you, did you get it done elsewhere? maybe I can do it for you next weekend or one afternoon when you finish work, you can bring the boys too.

We went on a BBQ lunch today. Any of the Canberra girls would know how cold it was, brrrr wind blowing off the snowy mountains. Sam was right in his Snug as a Bug wrap but I was feezing. Chris' uncle came down this weekend, and they have 2 autistic kids who are not very well behaved, don't get any discipline. Lucy was pushed hit blah blah. It makes me feel so sorry for Lucy, being pushed by a 13 year old boy.grr. Thats why we went out for a BBQ, to get the kids out and tire them out LOL.

Last night was a crack up in chat, DH kept giving me weird looks cause I was laughing so much. Sorry for decieving you Stell ROFL!!

Well better go and tidy up a bit, DH is at band practice till 8pm, what a stupid time to do it.

Bec

Lucy 1/3/01
Samuel 25/1/05        

#42 purple_elmo

Posted 16 July 2005 - 05:45 PM

Bec, I wouldn't put any breastmilk in Bronte's eyes, not when she reacted so badly when you squirted her head!
Maybe try some cooled boiled water?

#43 tinyweehen

Posted 16 July 2005 - 06:09 PM

Tanya - the PND forum on EB is really good, I referred a friend there and she loves it, finds it really supportive. Hope your sister feels better soon, I think depression would be the most awful thing.

Rach - how nice to have your eyebrows and eyelashes done. I sooo need to get mine done, esp now I've had my hair done at last (mind you, it's back in a pony tail today - I am such a dag!).

Ang - that is amazing Georgia eats so much solids! I'm starting to think Caity will be a lot more satisfied when she gets some. I tried to get away doing a 'small' feed (bottle) last night at 3am, but she was definitely hungry for more, and we ended up feeding her again an hour and a half later...so much for that theory, but I can't have the poor girl starving, even if I am exhausted!  I've got Caity in her new Royal Blue cover for the first time today - sooo cute. I need to get batteries charged for my camera and take some pics.

I bought Caity the FP foot piano on Ebay today, cause I noticed she hijacked Ally's musical toy when Lucienne and I caught up before.  I think she likes the really noisy things!

Channy - hello! We are in the wrong state unfortunately, but have a lovely meet-up

Where is CheekyMonkey these days? She seems to be MIA more and more. How is her DH after his op? Did anyone find out? Hope they are all well.

#44 ~Ingrid~

Posted 16 July 2005 - 06:46 PM

OMG, I finally got in chat. Dh had some thingy blocking it, but he fixed it up. Sad thing is I was there all by myself, so I don't know if it really worked. I have never done chat before so don't really know how it works. I will check it again later to see if anyone else is there.

#45 4littlemonkeys

Posted 16 July 2005 - 07:03 PM

Hi girls

Bec - i didn't get your email abotu my hair - did you send it to my work computer? my work email sucks, it is constnatly blocking stuff.  Anyhow i haven't had it done because i was just waiting on hear from you.. i am keen to get it done whenever you are free. One night next week woudl be great if you are free (i will come over to your place), as we are off to Newcastle & Syd next weekend, or the weekend after is fine by me too. I am happy to fit in with you, as my hair is so desperately in need of a cut that another week or two won't matter!!

Anyhow girls,  BJ and i had another barney tongiht.  He drives me nuts sometimes.  I had to go to the shops to get some things (for him!), and it took ages as there were tons of people tehre, and i get back and it was about 5 and he was alerady giving the boys their bottles for bed (we usually feed them at 5.30 with solids, then have bath, then bottle at 6.15 or so.  He went on about not knowing when i was going to be back, blah blah.  Hello?! Sh*t head. So i was not happy. So the boys were in bed realy early and didn't have solids, so they are going to be awake early, and i am going to make HIM get up to them, as i will be saying i told you so!  Bloody men. All this after i took them out with me for 3 hours this morning so that he could sleep in. I think i am too accommodating sometimes.

Anyhooooooo enough from me, i am going to go and have a bath and shave my legs (ever exciting sat night in my house) and then read a book and head to bed.  We have a christening tomorrow for one of my best friends baby and i can't wait.  I love seeing all my friends.  I went and bought a new top and hair clip and lipstick for it, as i haven't seen a lot of them sincce before i was pregnant, so i look considerably bigger and lots different then before! But all for the better is say.. apart from the extra 2 dress sizes! Oh well.

Must go,

I will try to pop into chat later on.

Rach xox

Rach(26)
BJ(35)

IPB Image

#46 SpunkyMonkey

Posted 16 July 2005 - 07:59 PM

Well I tried the mummy attention thing hmmmm I think it might take awhile sad.gif Today wasn't as bad as what it usually is. I took them both down stairs and they had free range of the yard while I went on pooper-scooper patrol and both of the rug rats sat there and dug in the dirt for gold lol. All was good threw DD#2 into bed and did the one on one time .... it sort of worked we didn't fight ;p but it went all backwards after DH went back to work tonight sad.gif I don't understand???? and he wasn't here for the one on one time so that didn't make a difference *sigh* I suppose time will tell.

BBL

DD '99 ... DD '03  
  ... DS '05 ...

#47 purple_elmo

Posted 16 July 2005 - 08:38 PM

Rach, I just checked where I sent the email to and it was to your work, but I only sent it last night. it was totally my fault and I'm sorry! Is it easier for you to wait till the weekend or to do it after work? Let me know.

#48 SpunkyMonkey

Posted 16 July 2005 - 11:53 PM

Hi My name is Kylie and like Karina I too am a nigel

DD '99 ... DD '03  
  ... DS '05 ...

#49 SpunkyMonkey

Posted 16 July 2005 - 11:54 PM

And once again I'm here talking to myself *sigh*

#50 SpunkyMonkey

Posted 16 July 2005 - 11:59 PM

have you any wool original.gif

Mary had a ....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.