Photo's of our angel babies thread
A place to share your photo of your angel babies

• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

#26 nessiehorses

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:03 PM

But William's lips are red also and he lived for 9.5 hours, they weren't like that when he was alive, ( they were actually really blue due to the GBS).

#27 Duck-o-lah

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:09 PM

I'm very sorry for your losses, your babies are beautiful.

#28 Lotsaboys

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:10 PM

Your angel babies are just beautiful. Those photos are precious indeed.
I realise it's not really the same thing, but I treasure the only ultrasound I have of my "AJ" before I miscarried.

#29 baby-bliss2

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:11 PM

Just another one who saw this in the recent topics and couldn't not reply.

Your angel babies are all beautiful. Truly, simply divine. I am sorry for all your losses.

On a side note, I was wondering why angel babies have such red lips? (I hope this question doesn't seem offensive, I'm truly curious. I actually think it's really pretty).

I am glad this was asked because I have often wondered too.

#30 ~ Four Blessings ~

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:13 PM

What a great idea for a thread, thanks so much for you all to share your pictures of your angel babies, they are all so gorgeous, I am truly sorry to you all for your loss.

I think the question about the red lips, I dont know why either but I find it really beautiful.

#31 taikenzie

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:14 PM

What beautiful angel babies...  I have three angel babies.... No photos due to early losses however I do have three butterflies on my pandora bracelet to represent my angels and I have the first letter of each of my DDs' names to represent the living...

#32 K~and~A~plus~7

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:22 PM

Thank you for sharing you angel babies photos with us all - each and every one is beautiful.

I am very sorry for your losses ladies

#33 JuniorMint

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:41 PM

Thank you for sharing your beautiful Angels with us, they are all so beautiful and precious.

You are all such strong women and I feel very honoured you have shared your beautiful babies with us all.

#34 ~Krissi~

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:49 PM

i saw this in recent topics and I wanted to say how beautiful all your babies are. So precious ♥

#35 Guest_KorrinaC_*

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (Raisinette @ 06/01/2010, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you for sharing your beautiful Angels with us, they are all so beautiful and precious.

You are all such strong women and I feel very honoured you have shared your beautiful babies with us all.

Raisinette put it beautifully. They are very beautiful and precious photos indeed. My mum's first daughter was still born. Even though I never met her (and my mum wasn't given the chance to see her either) she has never been forgotten.

Edited by KorrinaC, 06 January 2010 - 09:50 PM.

#36 goldimouse

Posted 06 January 2010 - 09:54 PM

I'm so very sorry for your losses. I cannot imagine anything more painful.

Your babies are beautiful. Thank you for sharing their photos with us.

#37 KristyMum-

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:00 PM

Thankyou for sharing photos of your beautiful Babies,
Blake, Logan, Ruby, William and Eden
too soon their Angel Wings grew...

The ones we have of Brenna, nature had already begun to 'take her home'
so I won't share.  I do treasure them though I don't take them out often.
Her ultrasound pic and hand and footprints we do have and share.

Thankyou again... so heartbreakingly beautiful...

Edited by KristyMum-, 06 January 2010 - 10:02 PM.

#38 corenmh-ma24

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:00 PM

I'm trying really hard to post up a picture of Jacob, but for some reason it's not working. Very frustrating. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Any suggestions?

#39 Guest_jaicorbe_*

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:02 PM

I too feel very honoured and humbled at being able to share your previous photos, precious (yet terribly sad) moments. I honestly struggled to take my eyes off all of your beautiful babies.

Edited by jaicorbe, 06 January 2010 - 10:03 PM.

#40 Ames84

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:04 PM

Thanks for sharing ladies your babies are absolutely beautiful.

I have pics of my DS2 who was born sleeping at 16 weeks. But he was too little & fragile to be dressed in anything sad.gif.

#41 goldimouse

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:08 PM

corenmh-ma24 - it works best if you upload the photo to photobucket first (where you can resize it), then copy and paste the 'direct link to url' information. When you're typing your post, there's a button with what looks like a little photo on it. If you click that, it will prompt you for a url. Paste the link in there and the photo will appear in your post.

You'll need to create a photobucket account (easy, all you need is an email address and password. It's free).

Photobucket Website

HTH.

Edited by ~ky~, 06 January 2010 - 10:42 PM.
edited by moderator to remove signature

#42 Sloane Peterson

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:22 PM

Thankyou for sharing the precious photos of your beautiful, beautiful babies with us.

I'm so sorry for your losses, I cannot even begin to imagine what each of you has been through.

#43 corenmh-ma24

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:33 PM

Here is a photo of my angel baby Jacob. It was taken about 1 hour after he was born and it is one of my favourites. He died 30 hours after he was born.

PS: Thankyou Robbie for your help!

Me-36
DH-35
DD1-10
DS1-8
DS2-5
DS3-Jacob Mitchell 31/8/09 - 1/9/09 Undiagnosed HLHS

#44 snapchat95

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:43 PM

Thank you all for sharing your beautiful pictures of your angel babies..

They are all so gorgeous.. I'm so sorry they couldn't stay with each of you for longer. sad.gif

I also wondered about the beautiful cherry red lips and always thought it was something to do with the skin on the lips being a lot thinner and showing the colour underneath a lot sooner? Or maybe I'm just barking mad..

Maybe its a baby thing. As my friend who died on xmas eve had blue lips. Maybe on babies it shows up more because their skin is so much thinner than an adults..

Edited by risa80, 06 January 2010 - 10:45 PM.

#45 mum2two09

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:46 PM

I saw this in recent topics and just wanted to say how beautiful your angels are. Thanks for sharing such special pictures.
Jacki

#46 Guest_BeachedAsBro_*

Posted 06 January 2010 - 10:53 PM

Thankyou for sharing your photos of your precious babies with us.

xx

#47 ImperatorFuriosa

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (corenmh-ma24 @ 06/01/2010, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is a photo of my angel baby Jacob. It was taken about 1 hour after he was born and it is one of my favourites. He died 30 hours after he was born.

PS: Thankyou Robbie for your help!

Me-36
DH-35
DD1-10
DS1-8
DS2-5
DS3-Jacob Mitchell 31/8/09 - 1/9/09 Undiagnosed HLHS

Can I ask what HLHS is? Your son looks so nice and healthy and content in the pic, sorry if that offends.

I feel a tug at the heart strings looking at these pics. Poor bubbies who never got a chance to live and the ones that lived but left the world way to early.

#48 Simplicity

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:11 PM

Previous posters have said it wonderfully, but I will just repeat and say that each and every one of your angel babies are truely beautiful and I am deeply sorry that they could not stay with all so much longer. I pray that you never have to go through such a thing ever again.

Your babies will never be forgotton. May they rest in peace and watch over you until you can meet once again.

Xoxo

#49 corenmh-ma24

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:00 AM

IronMaiden,

That's ok, you didn't offend, I agree with you he does look nice and healthy. He didn't start to look sick for another nearly 24 hours. HLHS is a congenital heart defect called Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. It basically means that the left side of his heart (the side that pumps oxygenated blood around his body) didn't develop. It is usually diagnosed during pregnancy at the 18-20 week ultrasound. Treatment for this defect begins as soon as the baby is born. In order to keep them alive, they require three open-heart surgeries to "re-plumb" their heart. The first surgery is done within the first few days of life. The second one at around 2-3 months old and the third at 2-3 years old. There are other EB members who have children/angels with HLHS who might have more to add, if I haven't explained it adequately.
It happens occassionally that the defect doesn't get picked up during ultrasounds, and that was the case with us (he was deemed to be perfect and healthy). Once the baby is born the only sure way to diagnose HLHS is through performing an echocardiogram on the baby's heart (basically a detailed ultrasound of the heart). The hospital where Jacob was born didn't have the equipment or skilled staff to carry out the echo. They also didn't have the necessary medicine needed to keep these babies alive until they go into surgery. Jacob suffered a heart attack and then went into cardiac arrest. They were unable to revive him. An autopsy was carried out a few days after he died (to determine a cause of death, since when he died the doctors still didn't know what he had) and while we are still to receive an official coroner's report, preliminary results tell us he had HLHS. We were absolutely devestated, understandably, but also astounded that a baby can still die unexpectedly in this day and age. I still shake my head at the memory of going into hospital to give birth to a healthy, full-term baby and going home with empty arms.
Sorry for the long answer, hope I made sense.

Edited by corenmh-ma24, 07 January 2010 - 12:01 AM.

#50 **LoVe**

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:15 AM

Recent topics, your babies are simply beautiful.  Im extremely sorry for your loss, the experience, heart break and sadness that you've endured.  

nessiehorses - William looks like a beautiful little doll, simply gorgous.

KY  - Ruby is so beautiful as well, I remember her in your sig and just couldn't get enough of that hair!!

Op, Blake is adorable.

Zemsky, Logan is a lovely name, definately suits him

Eden is such a pretty name, Ive always wanted to meet an Eden and now I have.

corenmh - eek Jacob is such a cutie pie !! Look at those little cheeks hheart.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.