Photo's of our angel babies thread
A place to share your photo of your angel babies

• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

#51 Our LovelyLiv

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:28 AM

I also saw this thread in recent topics and am so glad I did, what absolutely gorgeous babies. Thankyou for sharing your treasured photos xxx

#52 justpeppermint

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:39 AM

I'm so glad I came in to see all your wonderful children. They are all so beautiful.

There just aren't words, sorry. I cannot imagine the hell you guys have gone through, to have such a beautiful life taken far too soon.

Thank you so much for sharing with us.

#53 Soontobegran

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:07 AM

What special mummy's you all are. I am so grateful that you have shared the photos of your most precious babies.
What a wonderful idea for a thead.

#54 Joeythestrange

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:27 AM

I also saw this in recent topics, and just want to say how beautiful these angel babies are  hheart.gif

QUOTE (IronMaiden @ 07/01/2010, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I feel a tug at the heart strings looking at these pics. Poor bubbies who never got a chance to live and the ones that lived but left the world way to early.

I have been feeling the same tugging at my heart strings too. It is just not fair, that these beautiful, precious babies didn't have the chance to grow and blossom.

Strength and love to their mummy's, I imagine that although your babies were still so tiny, the imprint on your hearts is huge xx

Edited by Sindrii, 07 January 2010 - 01:28 AM.

#55 Shazzzie

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:34 AM

What a wonderful thread.

All the angel babies are beautiful and in my heart of hearts I wish there was no need for a thread like this.  I have a pic of my Nicholas but I have left it as a link as it might be confronting to some as he was born 19wks 3 days and is very dark as he died 2 weeks before that.  I hope you don't mind my sharing him with you.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f25/Shazzzie/015.jpg

Take CAre
Sharon

#56 justpeppermint

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:50 AM

Sharon, he's so little, and perfectly beautiful. I'm glad you got to have a photo of him.

I wish they could all have stayed. My eyes are leaking again, can't see. We take for granted all too often just how lucky we are that our children are with us still.

#57 RedsGirl

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:49 AM

I wish they could all have stayed

That is exactly how I feel. I really should look at these threads at home, where I can cry and grieve these little ones properly...

I also wanted to say, for what it is worth,  that I believe with all my heart that all of these bubs, even those who passed while still in their Mummy's tummy, went knowing and feeling the love of their Mummy and their family. I believe they heard you, felt you, sensed it...  and they know it still.

#58 ~Perplexity~

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:36 AM

I saw this thread in recent topics and just wanted to say how beautiful all of your angel babies are.

Edited by fraggles, 07 January 2010 - 09:37 AM.

#59 puss-cat

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:49 AM

All of the angel babies are beautiful.

Ironmaiden - unfortunately some babies diagnosed with HLHS are not even candidates for surgery because there is not even enough heart for the doctors to work with to "replumb" for them - like my own baby angel.  There was absolutely nothing that they could have done for him.  Totally devastating and, like Corenmh said, it's very hard to believe in this day and age.  I don't have a photo of him.  I have left it with the midwives but can pick it up anytime.  I just wanted to come home with my own memories if that makes sense.

I'm so sorry for all of us.

#60 ImperatorFuriosa

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE (corenmh-ma24 @ 06/01/2010, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IronMaiden,

That's ok, you didn't offend, I agree with you he does look nice and healthy. He didn't start to look sick for another nearly 24 hours. HLHS is a congenital heart defect called Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. It basically means that the left side of his heart (the side that pumps oxygenated blood around his body) didn't develop. It is usually diagnosed during pregnancy at the 18-20 week ultrasound. Treatment for this defect begins as soon as the baby is born. In order to keep them alive, they require three open-heart surgeries to "re-plumb" their heart. The first surgery is done within the first few days of life. The second one at around 2-3 months old and the third at 2-3 years old. There are other EB members who have children/angels with HLHS who might have more to add, if I haven't explained it adequately.
It happens occassionally that the defect doesn't get picked up during ultrasounds, and that was the case with us (he was deemed to be perfect and healthy). Once the baby is born the only sure way to diagnose HLHS is through performing an echocardiogram on the baby's heart (basically a detailed ultrasound of the heart). The hospital where Jacob was born didn't have the equipment or skilled staff to carry out the echo. They also didn't have the necessary medicine needed to keep these babies alive until they go into surgery. Jacob suffered a heart attack and then went into cardiac arrest. They were unable to revive him. An autopsy was carried out a few days after he died (to determine a cause of death, since when he died the doctors still didn't know what he had) and while we are still to receive an official coroner's report, preliminary results tell us he had HLHS. We were absolutely devestated, understandably, but also astounded that a baby can still die unexpectedly in this day and age. I still shake my head at the memory of going into hospital to give birth to a healthy, full-term baby and going home with empty arms.
Sorry for the long answer, hope I made sense.

I might sound like a sop but that made me feel really sad.  sad.gif Brought tears to my eyes reading that. I'm sorry that happened to you.

#61 Rilla

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:05 AM

Another one who came in from Recent Topics. I'm glad I did. Your babies are all beautiful. I'm teary here looking at their pictures and reading some of their stories. I'm sorry that none of them could stay with you - I know they will stay in your hearts.

#62 Jackrabbit

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:40 AM

Hi,

I just wanted to add a photo of my beautiful boy, Charlie.

Edited by Jacni, 07 January 2010 - 11:55 AM.

#63 Sarie

Posted 07 January 2010 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (**LoVe** @ 07/01/2010, 01:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Recent topics, your babies are simply beautiful.  Im extremely sorry for your loss, the experience, heart break and sadness that you've endured.  

nessiehorses - William looks like a beautiful little doll, simply gorgous.

KY  - Ruby is so beautiful as well, I remember her in your sig and just couldn't get enough of that hair!!

Op, Blake is adorable.

Zemsky, Logan is a lovely name, definately suits him

Eden is such a pretty name, Ive always wanted to meet an Eden and now I have.

corenmh - eek Jacob is such a cutie pie !! Look at those little cheeks hheart.gif

Thank you  hheart.gif

All these babies are so beautiful. I too wish they all could of stayed.

#64 corenmh-ma24

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:26 PM

What beautiful, precious children.
Op-boy4me2009, ky, zemsky, jacni, nessiehorses, purple monkey, shazzie your children are so, so precious and no less worthy than living children.
Puss-cat words aren't enough. I'm so sorry that your son's life was cut short.
As a mother to a beautiful angel baby, I feel privileged to have been chosen as his mum (does anyone else feel the same way?)
Thank you for letting me share my photo of my son with you all.
Thank you OP for starting this thread.

#65 jules363

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:39 PM

Thanks for sharing your beautiful babies with us.

#66 Wishing2011

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:53 PM

I couldn't not respond. I am so sorry that you have lost your beautiful babies..

#67 Aquarium

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:59 PM

gosh i just stumbled across this section and can't describe how heartfelt it has been.

Am so grateful for the photos - i lost my baby at 20 weeks in Malayasia last Jan and as she was under 24 weeks, they wouldn't let me see her. I never knew what she looked like and i never actively looked on the internet for photos.

Am so glad you shared these photos - hard for me to look at, but very comforting finally knowing how she may have looked at such a young age.

#68 bubblebear

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:20 PM

Another recent topics...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful babies. I am crying as I type, I cannot imagine what you have gone through but you are all amazing and brave. I'm so sorry.

#69 RMJ's Mum

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:28 PM

Hi here is a picture of my beautiful babies together again..died within a week of each other

Maddison & Jacob

http://s610.photobucket.com/albums/tt182/r...%20and%20Jacob/

#70 zenah18

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:44 PM

I really can not comprehend how all of you can be feeling! My heart is feeling a painful sensation just reading and looking at the pictures.

Please ignore my ignorance /naivety but why does this happen? We are living in the 21st century, how can this all still happen? Sorry to be like this but a mate of mine has experienced the same thing and her daughter only lived for 48 hours. It seriously breaks my heart! sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif

#71 angelblake

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:20 PM

MTTA - Your twins are so adorable. I forget how small they are until i look at the pictures. Thank you for sharing your pictures with us.

Zenah18 - I dont understand why this happens either.. I wish i knew, maybe it would help with the pain im not sure. The reason for my son dying was a Full placental abruption / retroplacental clot. Got blakes autopsy results and the placenta wasnt functioning properly and had failed. Blake also had IUGR because of that reason. Had my Ob measured him the week before when i was in hospital it would have been picked up.

Someone said earlier about feeling proud that our babies picked us as their mummies, and yes i feel the same. I dont regret ever conceiving him and going through the pain i am now, because i got to tell him how much i loved him through my tummy and for those 7 months i truly was content and happy with my life. I just hope he knows how much i love him and miss him and how much im thankful to be his mummy.

#72 more than just Mum

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:05 PM

Thank you for sharing.

My heart goes out to any mother with empty arms.

#73 Bec .

Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:22 PM

Thank you for sharing your precious photos & the stories of your beautiful children.

#74 Sarie

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (mum to twin angels @ 07/01/2010, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi here is a picture of my beautiful babies together again..died within a week of each other

Maddison & Jacob

http://s610.photobucket.com/albums/tt182/r...%20and%20Jacob/

Maddison and Jacob are so gorgeous hheart.gif

#75 ShonDal

Posted 08 January 2010 - 02:25 AM

such beautiful babies, such special mummies

My cousin lost her tiwns born at 26 weeks Ava lived for 15 hours and Matthew lived for 12 hours, was such a  sad time took her 10 years and IVF to have them, she had had a kidney transplant and it was so hard for her to get pregnant, they went away on holiday to greive and when they returned she fell naturaly and gave birth to a healthy boy, 2 years later another natural pregnancy and a healthy girl....just a bit of hope and inspiration to those that need it..........please dont EVER  give up

Edited by ShonDal, 08 January 2010 - 02:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.