Has anyone purchased furniture from Super Amart?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ~*Kat*~

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:40 PM

What is the quality like?

Did they last long?

Haven't actually been there to have a look at anything, but have just looked through their cat... and there are some not toooo badly priced things.

Is there any other furniture places out there... that are good quality... and don't cost an arm and a leg.. an arm maybe.. LOL.

Thanks

#2 SlightlyLeftFeral

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:46 PM

I bought my bed from there a few months back for just under $900 for the base and mattress.

It is really sturdy and looks just as good as ones twice the price.

Fantastic furniture is another cheaper furniture place, we got one of the packages. the quality again is pretty good, although we did have to put it all together ourselves. The couch is super comfy.

HTH

#3 ~golden rough~

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:53 PM

yeah I have a few things...
my dining table and chairs, fairly cheap(under $800) very solid table, chairs good, I would guess they would get about 10 years life if treated right(thats ok thats all I want from them)
tv cabinet- around $500- pretty solid, 5 yrs old still going strong, door handles fell off almsot immediately, but I changed them anyway..
couches-the little 2 seater cheapys, 2 for $400 I think. these are stuffed. 6 yrs old and need replacing. but they did well to last this long with my kids/family(sister broke both lol)
chest of drawers//no cmplaints, fairly cheap(under $300) still in great condition

I think it depends what you actually buy but they are not too bad IMO original.gif

#4 MrsG

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:54 PM

I have an outdoor setting from there and it is great. 12mths old but you wouldn't know it as it looks brand new still....and it gets alot of use.

#5 livesarah

Posted 10 January 2010 - 03:02 PM

Hi OP,

DH & I have purchased a few things from there, most when we moved in together after moving out of college 7 years ago. I would say the quality of items from Super A-mart varies a lot, from our experience.

Lounge: $600, 3 seater, blue 'microsuede' fabric, foam filling, guaranteed for 5 years. Was super-comfy- good enough to sleep on if you were short enough. Foam started to die the minute the 5yr warranty had ticked over and lounge became super uncomfy! Still, we got good use out of it and it was a decent price.

Desk: Price- can't remember but was roughly $300. Self-assembly. Large (2-person) chipboard (or whatever you call it) with horrid fake wood veneer. Terrible quality, and structurally inadequate. DH had to go out and buy some braces to install so the thing didn't collapse and take our computer monitors with it. Piece of crap.

Desk chairs: $99 each, fabric/mesh over foam, comfy, pretty smart-looking. These progressively fell apart over a period of about 5-6 years- random screws working their way out, arms broke etc. Decent enough value for something that got daily use, but VERY hard to keep clean (thanks to the mesh over the fabric).

Dining set: 7pc, ~$1000. Self-assembled expanding table. Real wood with wood veneer. Chairs came assembled. The only Super A-mart furniture from that initial buy 7 years ago that we are still using. Wood veneer on table got chipped by the movers but otherwise it's in very good nick, and not from years of love and care. Good quality.

Bed: We had sworn never to buy from Super A-mart again after dealing with the shoddy desk (and also because we hate their horrid, horrid shouty TV ads!), but just recently we bought a queen size bed frame and 2 side tables... simply because I saw it in a catalogue and the price was so good ($700 plus $70 delivery- a rip-off considering we are only one suburb from the store)...

What you don't see until you buy the thing (catalogue blurb says it's made of real wood) and get it home is the quality of the slats and how they are put together when you assemble the bed. Scary scary scary. It's not particularly sturdy and not what you picture when you are thinking of a bed with slats... if you're going to buy a bed, check first underneath the mattress they have on it in store and make sure you're happy with the quality! That said, our mattress hasn't busted through the slats yet.

Edited by livesarah, 10 January 2010 - 03:04 PM.

#6 watching the clock

Posted 10 January 2010 - 03:12 PM

If your looking for beds, sofas and stuff you can't go past the furniture shop at Maddington Metro great prices good quality friendly service.

#7 Ange

Posted 10 January 2010 - 03:31 PM

We bought a modular lounge from there about 6 months ago, so far so good!

#8 Gloriana

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:03 PM

We have only bought 2 desks from there. They are sturdy and were good for what we paid.
When looking for a bed for DD they didn't seem very good so we ended up with a KS from Furniture spot which is really sturdy and heavy.

#9 bron23

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:02 PM

We have just bought a leather lounge suite from there. 2 single recliners and a three seater with a recliner on each end for $1900. 10 year structural warrenty ans we paid 180 extra and got coverage against accidental damage the kids or pets or whatever may cause. service has been pretty good. couches delivered on the 25th so will tell you then original.gif

#10 ~LisaJ~

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:36 PM

I buy all my furniture from Furniture Spot and am constantly asked if I got it from Freedom!!

We have a TV cabinet we have had for 6 years and still looks brand new, 2 coffee tables we have had for 4 years and still look great, a bedroom suite and modular lounge we have had for 2 years and we are still really happy with both!

#11 RillyBilly

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:40 PM

Between my sister and I, we've bought a sofa bed, two large and two (or more) smaller chest of drawers, 1 single bed and 1 mattress.

Absolutely no complaints, obviously not expensive or we wouldn't have bought them, and most of the items we've had for years.

Definitely worth a look!

#12 LK1

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:45 PM

We have a dark purple 3 seater and 2 seater micro faux suede sofa set that we bought maybe 6 years ago.
Still sturdy, cushions and support have maintained their shape, fabric is still even coloured and no problems at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

• quotes-320

Wise words from kids movies

The movies we watched as kids had a lot more to offer than just entertainment. Here's ten wise quotes from kids movies.

• ek-toysales-thumb

Best buys of the 2014 toy sales

We have rounded up some of the best from this year's half yearly toy sales from the big stores around Australia.

• yoda

31 iconic family films from the 1980s

If you grew up in the 1980s there will be a number of films that are close to your heart. Here are 31 of the most iconic for you to watch with your own kids.

• cruella

10 live-action remakes of famous animations

After the success of "Maleficent" at the box office Disney is opening their vault to re-work the classics into live-action movies, and a number of other film studios are following suit. Here are ten live-action remakes to look forward to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.