Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:23 AM

New thread time ladies

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=716364

#2 MnM

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:25 AM

Ill claim Gold  biggrin.gif

#3 beck73

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:25 AM

OOH, SILVER for me then!  Yippee!!!  Will BBL for a proper post, it's been a while so I need to make sure all the beasts - I mean, my darling children wink.gif - are settled for a bit so I can concentrate tongue.gif.

Beck x

Edited by beck73, 11 January 2010 - 09:26 AM.

#4 ~tinkerbell~

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:22 AM

Oh Bronze.....

Showing off pictures, here is our family santa shot from last year.  

ANGE - Simone is gorgeous.  How are Lachy and Natalie doing with her?  I bet they are just over the moon.

MANDY - Greta is beautiful too.  Wow all these gorgeous little girls.  Did anyone have a boy to add to the brood...lol.

FEE - Congratulations, that is fantastic news.  Was it planned or just a massive happy surprise?

KAT - Congratulations on the birth of your little girl Fiala.  Look forward to seeing photos too.

BECK - Any new photos of your little girl.  How are the boys adjusting to a little girl in the house.  At least you have another girl to back you up against all those boys....hehehe.  

Ben came home on Saturday, and was so excited.  It will take a week to calm him down and get him back on track.  He has some choice swear words coming out of his mouth at the moment, which I am not impressed about at all.  And he seems to look different.  Not sure why, but he just looks like he has changed.  

XH is still mucking around.  He keeps changing his mind.  He has gone from happy for me and the kids to live here in Perth, to wanting Bennett, and not Delia, and has now changed his mind again and is wanting 50/50 shared care, and me to go back to Port Macquarie.  We had a conciliation conference in November in regards to the money, but he is not willing to budge on that either.  So we are heading to trial, which the courts have told us could be up to 5 days, because what he wants and what I am asking for are so far apart.  The courts forced him over in July 09, as he hadn't seen either of the children since April 08.  XH had told me that he will not be coming back to Perth at all.  So as you can see, he is still being very unreasonable, and not really thinking of the children, but the courts, mediators, and concellors are all seeing this.  He is still representing himself too.

Delia is growing up so fast.  Her little personality is just so beautiful.  I will post a picture of her from Christmas time.  She is just so cheeky and has my DF wrapped around her little finger.  She just loves DF so much, and missed Ben heaps too.  She loves her step brothers and sisters too, and is the light of all our eyes.  Her hair is so beautiful and getting longer, but is still quite thinish.  I am not willing to cut it yet though, my stubborn streak wont let me....lol.

Anyway girls lovely to catch up.  Will try and be more regular.

#5 Shadowess

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:29 PM

Congrats Kat! That's fantastic news! Can't wait to hear her name.... although I do have admit to a blonde moment, when I thought her first name was Fiala, and was thinking  "hmmm... unusual choice!" luckily you pointed out that she hadn't been named yet, Beck!  wacko.gif  tongue.gif I think I may already be suffering from prego-brain...

Yvette, lovely pic, you all look so happy! We also had to have a family photo with Santa... maybe next year will be different! This baby was planned, so we're very excited.. not that we wouldn't be, if it was a surprise!

Mandy, Beck and Ange, your babies are all gorgeous!

Anyway, been to the GP today, and have been for blood work etc... can't get in to my OB til April, so I'll just be seeing my GP til then. All good though!

Well, better do something about dinner I suppose.. hopeing to get to the pool when DH gets home.

fee

#6 MnM

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:48 PM

Awww that's a lovely piccie Yvette , you looks so happy - and thin!  Hope you get things with your ex sorted soon, hopefully the courts will see he hasn't had much to do with the kids so won't make you move back to NSW. Rachel (Dixie lee) had a baby boy, the rest of us had girls.

Fee: wow April! That's a way off yet... Well hope all is ok. Exciting hey!  Nothing like newborn cuddles, I'm loving them wub.gif

well miles was super excited to go back to daycare today, he goes on Monday now.  I've been trying to find a mums group for miles to join, he loves being with other kids and now I've reduced his day care days... Well I found one to begin next month, can't wsit.

Ok best get dinner served up waves.gif

#7 ~tinkerbell~

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:40 PM

Thanks girls.  We did the whole family santa thing, as it was the first time we had all of us together.  YEAH.  And Connor and Delia didn't like Santa so it made it easier for us to all be in it.  I liked it, so might keep doing it as a family tradition.

MANDY - Thanks for the thin comment.  I lost a total of 13kgs last year.  I only have another 12kgs to get down to the weight I am hoping for.

#8 MnM

Posted 19 January 2010 - 08:22 AM

Hi thought I'd come bump us up a little bit.

Kat: congrats again and welcome baby Matilda wub.gif

us: well I'm on a weight loss/fitness kick!  I'm on week one and I've lost 2kg's so far, wanna loose another 10 before we go back to the UK in July.
Gym 3 days a week and eating healthy, all ok so far!

Other news, we bought a new house!  Decided we wanted a 4th bedroom and a pool.. We signed contracts last night, it's in Kenthurst for any Sydney siders, about 7 or 8 minutes from our current house (which we still have to sell!) so still really close to Miles' day care & mums group etc... But it's just a couple minutes to the school we want the kids to go to so that's good.

MIL arrives in 3 days, here for 3 months oomg.gif

Greta's great... She sleeps for 12 hours overnight and has a couple of 3 or 4 hour naps a day.. She's so happy wub.gif  DH has been talking about us having a third but I think we would be crazy to tempt fate - what's the chance of us having 3 easy babies!!! I'll stick with 2 thanks Tounge1.gif

well best go, got someone coming to take pics of the house in an hour and Miles wants a snack or something he's trying to drag me to the fridge!

Hi to everyone, Fee hope the pregnancy is going well.

#9 ~tinkerbell~

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:49 AM

Hi girls,

I know there is not alot of traffic in here now, but wanted to ask you...Have you started TT yet?  If so, how are you going?  If not, is there any reason?

Delia shows some interest in her potty, but is scared of the toilet.  I think this is because she has fallen in sad.gif .  However when we put her in undies, she just doesn't seem to know when she is needing to go, and has accident after accident.  So not sure whether I should try just yet, or wait alittle bit longer.  What do you think?

MANDY - I start boxing tonight, and I am so excited.  I can't wait to get in there and hit something.  Might help with some other issues too..... tongue.gif

Hi to everyone else.

#10 twogirlsandaboy

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:58 PM

waves.gif

Been a while since I last posted so thought I should do a proper post original.gif .

Fee, Congratulations on your BFP that's wonderful news.

Mandy, Yay to buying a new house and of course your new car. My mum's dream car has always been an MG as well in British racing green (she was born in Britain as well original.gif ). Sounds like you are going great at gym.

Yvette, Love the pic and I agree you do look a lot slimmer, well done on the weight loss.

waves.gif to Beck, Laura and anyone else I missed (too lazy to go back to the previous thread blush.gif). Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

Congratulations on all the new arrivals, maybe Fee you might have a boy this time to even up the numbers wink.gif .

Us, all good here, although I am glad school starts again on Wednesday. The 2 girls together are pretty good, but add a boy into that or a boy and a girl together and it's painful. Luke had a sleepover at my mum and dad's Monday and Tuesday and it was so nice and quiet, no arguing, fighting, answering back.

I have been sort of TT Emma but I don't know if she really gets it either. She loves to wear undies, will sit on the toilet (with an insert so she doesn't fall in), she knows (and can say) all the words - wee, poo, toilet and knows that everyone else goes to the toilet, but we haven't had many successful attempts (3 wees on the toilet in the last 5 days). I think the main problem is she can hold on for literally hours. One day I had her in undies from about 8am and she didn't wet her pants (or do anything on the toilet) until she went outside at about 6.30pm and then wet her undies then. Annaliese was a nightmare when I started her at about 2.5 which is why I left Luke until just after he turned 3, but I can't decide with Emma if I should leave her or keep going wacko.gif .

Getting our tax done tomorrow (last year's, we always get it done around this time of year, although last year was closer to April). Also pretty much decided that we are going to sell the 180 acre block of land we bought a few years ago. Our main winery has cut us back quite a bit this year (our 10 year contract expired after the 2008 vintage and they were going to give us another 5 year contract but after the 2009 vintage they said it had all changed and we weren't getting a new contract and they weren't taking as much. I (and DH) was pretty p*ssed about that, kind of felt like thanks for your loyalty (20+ years with supplying them), but just about P.O. glare.gif ), so we have about 50-60 tonnes of grapes we haven't sold this year yet. If we sell the block that will save us around $50K a year in loan and interest repayments as DH really wants to buy a new tractor this year as well (can't afford to pay for both now) and doesn't have the time to put the work into the block that it needs.

Meant to be 40 degrees here today, fantastic - not. Although meant to be around 27 tomorrow I think, so DH should be able to get some more reaping done tomorrow as well. He's not doing any today - too hot and windy in case the header started a fire. I've been busy making hair bows and headbands (if anyone wants the link to have a peek at what I make let me know wink.gif ), just need DH to hang all my ribbons up for me so I don't have to go digging through my tubs looking for the ribbons I need.

Anyway, best be off, DH is home for lunch so will see if he can hang my ribbons for me after he's finished, seeing as it's too hot to do anything outside. I also want him to finish off the retaining wall out the front. We did one side about 4 or 5 years ago, and I have been waiting that long for him to get started on the other side rolleyes.gif . He said if I dug the trench for the wall, then he would start some of the wall, so I dug the trench on Sunday, just waiting for him to hold up his end of the bargain now glare.gif .

waves.gif Hope everyone is going well, have a great day and stay cool (if it's hot where you are original.gif ) .

#11 Ange

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:00 PM

Yvette, I'd wait if she is having a fair few accidents, there is no hurry and I'd much prefer to change a nappy than do a heap more washing. Natalie has been toilet trained since she was 23months, she occiasonally wears a night nappy when she's crashed and I know she has drunk a heap and hasn't been to the toilet. She kept taking her nappy off and sitting on the potty herself, so I just went with it. I'm sure Delia will pick it up in the next coming months original.gif

Mandy, Great news on the house!! Are you all ready for MIL tomorrow? biggrin.gif

All good here, we've got Lachy's school B'Day party today and then a busy week ahead. Simone is doing great - a real gem! wub.gif

#12 Shadowess

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:11 PM

Hi guys,

Just a quick one before I head to bed...

Mandy, yay on the new house!

Kylie, good to catch up with your news! So will you be able to find someone else to have a contract with? that would really suck not having your contract renewed.. hope it all works out okay for you guys.

Yvette, Ruby isn't TTed either... she usually does a wee on the toilet (we have one of those step/seat combo things) before her bath, but that's about it. She's becoming more and more insistant about wearing undies, but it's just a disaster when she does.. she knows when she's doing a wee, but not before. I'm going to leave it a while yet before we get serious about it.

Ange, hope Lachy has a great birthday! Can't wait to see your Indiana cake...  wink.gif

I enjoyed my DIG, but it just moves way too fast, and TBH, there's way too many first timers who are over the top... I don't think we were like that, not nearly as bad! So, think I might give that group a miss, and stick with you guys!

Anyway, my bed is calling!

fee

#13 MnM

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:58 AM

Morning well the MIL touches down in 10 minutes for her 3 month stay oomg.gif

Our first open home tomorrow so i will be polishing and scrubbing later today.

Fee: i think cos most of our group were 2nd time mums the minority were first timers so seemed more like a help group - i know i must have asked Ange a zillion questions blush.gif
Thankfully my DIG with Greta was mostly 2nd or 3rd time mums, 3 or 4 new mums but no stress heads but man does it move fast - we also have monthly meet ups in Sydney so we all know each other so its great.
I think youre due around the same time i was with Greta last year, she was born on 2 oct - seems so far away buy it went so fast with Greta.

Yvette: hmmmm TT is not fun here, Miles has a meltdown if i take his nappy off and demands another straight back on... he's gone nsappy obsessed and tries to put them on his toys   rolleyes.gif so im thinking im gonna leave it a while... i wonder if its cos he sees greta weraing one ?

My weight loss is going well... 2.5kgs down in 10 days.. im inspired by the svelt Yvette... about 12 more to go before our UK trip in July.

Best get on, gotta get Miles to day care - 1 day wasnt enough for him, 3 days was too much so he now goes Monday and Friday.

#14 ~tinkerbell~

Posted 22 January 2010 - 02:06 PM

Thanks girls, good to know I am not the only one struggling with TT.  Ben was so easy to TT, and he loved it.  I have a seat thing for the toilet, and a step, but might look into one of those combination ones, as it seems to be abit hard for Delia to get up on step and over the seat.  Delia loves wearing her undies, and loves wearing them over her nappies.  This is why I thought she might be ready, she will also sit on potty and loves doing it, she has done one wee on her potty.  She loves watching me go to the toilet too, and will quite often take her nappy off.  However I might give it a good go this weekend, and if no success, will leave it for another couple of months.  I am sure she will pick it up soon.

HOpe to chat to you all again soon.

#15 MnM

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:14 PM

Hi guys, so excited... We sold our house!!! Only been onthe Market 48 hours oomg.gif how insane is that!  Had our first open home on Saturday and a couple bought it eexcite.gif
which is great cos we fell in love with another place and bought it last week Tounge1.gif wow exciting ddance.gif

all going good with the in laws here, Miles loves them already and has them wrapped around his little finger !

Best go Greta is calling waves.gif

#16 Shadowess

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:37 PM

Great news Mandy! glad to hear it's gone so seamlessly! Now you can start packing!

All good here.. was the only one at work today, so have had a very boring day.. about to head to the pool for some laps though. think it'll be an early night for me too, very tired!

#17 beck73

Posted 04 February 2010 - 08:56 PM

How vague am I - popped in to claim a medal but then forgot to set up my email notification so didn't realise there had been a chat-fest going on! ddoh.gif

Fee - I think I have ticker envy!  We most definitely don't want anymore additions to our family, but I must admit to a little twinge when I saw your pregnancy ticker blush.gif.  Oh well, will just have to live vicariously through you this time wink.gif

Mandy - Congratulations on your real estate successes cclap.gif.  Buying and selling that quickly is nothing short of a miracle!!!  Kenthurst is a beautiful part of the world too, I lived in Galston for a short time when I was in high school and it was just gorgeous.  Hope the IL visit is still going well, I've just had mine here for two weeks and I have to say I have no idea how you survive months on end!  You're definitely a braver woman than I...

Yvette - about the only tip I can offer for helping with TT is make it as stress-free as possible.  Benny would sit on his potty or the toilet seat every night before his bath for literally months on end, then one day a couple of months ago he just decided that he didn't want to wear nappies anymore.  He got the hang of it remarkably quickly, but I am convinced that it all went so smoothly because I took my lead from him IYKWIM.  It sounds like you are doing all the right things by letting Delia lead the way, so I'm sure it won't be too long before it just clicks for her too.

Ange - so how is Lachy going with big school?  Does Natalie wander the house looking for him?  Benny is used to his big brothers being away for the day, but as soon as he wakes from his nap the first thing he asks is to go and get them from school wub.gif.  

Kylie - good luck working out what to do with your land.  The bows and headbands on your FB page look soooo cute, I can't wait until Ellie is big enough to really start messing with her hair.

AFM - now that school is back, we are working hard at sorting out a routine around here again!  DH has had the last month off work and starts a new job in just over a week, I have no idea how I am going to manage without him here to help me every morning!!!  I'm hoping that it won't take long for it to just fall into place, but I can see that some mornings are going to be pure mayhem LOL.  Benny finally seems to have put his terrible twos behind him and is once again charming everyone he meets, his language skills are just amazing and it is loads of fun being able to actually have conversations with him now biggrin.gif.  As you would expect, Ellie already has every male in the family wrapped tightly around her little finger, especially DH and her biggest brother.  She is an incredibly mellow little person, super smiley and growing way too quickly for me, but I guess that is just what happens!  Unfortunately the PND monster found me again (I had it after DS2 as well), but my GP and I were ready this time so hopefully we will be able to get it under control sooner rather than later and I'll be able to really enjoy my lovely family more wub.gif.

I think that just about catches me up for now (took soooo long to type up, I kept getting interrupted wacko.gif).  Take care everyone... hhugs.gif

Beck x

#18 MnM

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:06 PM

waves.gif

Not much to say really just thought id come say hi - so hi Tounge1.gif

MIL is visiting so not much time.

Just back from holidau - had a blast Miles'swimming is coming on lovely... he just keeps forgetting to turn his head to the side to breath laughing2.gif

Still screams at bath time, scared of the 'plug monster'stooopid DH for telling him there is a monster in the bath  rolleyes.gif

His talking is improving by the day - can converse with him its great... he can count to 10 and knows all his colours - he's a smart cookie too wub.gif

Greta is great - stil sleeping like crazy laughing2.gif never known a baby sleep so much!

Miles still has his day nap so i still have my sanity Tounge1.gif  'He's still a small fry but perfect - funny when we go in the pool cos he shivers he gets so cold bless him, but he has no fat on him at all - oh im so jealous!

Well im on a fitness kick, now im done baby making!  Im down 6kg's in 4 weeks so happy with that - only 25 to go oomg.gif

Beck: so sorry PND found you again - so glad it never knocked on my door ... great you spotted it early.

Cant believe Greta is 4 months old already...shes rolling all the time and such a happy baby wub.gif  and so pretty too (biased mum).  Had a crazy moment where we thought we'd go for a third but we've got that insane idea outta our heads now!  it was more dh that wanted another really but since we went on holiday and he spent 2 weeks with them hes over that new - phew!

Night out with the girls on friday night eexcite.gif MIL is helping dh with M & G...

Okbest go - bathtime ... let the tantrums begin!

Hey us Sydney mums should have a meet up - show off our new bubs  bbaby.gif

#19 ~tinkerbell~

Posted 11 February 2010 - 03:29 PM

HI girls,

MANDY - COngrats on the selling of the house.  A Holiday that sounds nice.  Wish I could have one of them. I am looking forward to next year where DF and I get married.  Our friends are taking the kids for a couple of nights to let me and DF (then will be DH) can have a couple of nights honeymoon.

BECK - So sorry to hear PND has come your way.  I think I got a little bout of it with both my babies.  However I suffer Depression at the best of times.

Hi to everyone else.  HOpe you are all doing well.

US - Well we are just busy busy busy.  We are trying to save like mad for our own home, as well as the wedding.  We are busy trying to get the gardens in our rental up to some form of nicety for our wedding next year.  I have been having a few issues with the dreaded depression coming back.  It usually starts to play up with me when I have a court date coming up.  I am also struggling with the self love stuff right now.  Not sure what put me down in that way, but with my councellors help, I am hoping we are getting on top of it.

TT - Delia can now go to the toilet and do a wee.  I am so happy for her.  She seems to love doing it too.  Maybe 1 accident a day at the moment.  However #2's are harder.  Hoping she gets the gist, but like most of you said, I am not stressing too much about it.

hugs all.

#20 MnM

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:31 PM

bump

waves.gif

#21 Shadowess

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:51 PM

Hey guys,

Just letting you know that I had my 12 week scan today, but it wasn't good.. baby stopped growing at 8 weeks.. waiting for my OB to get in touch to find out what happens next, I expect it'll be a D&C on Tuesday, which is his next theatre day. I'm alright.. I knew deep down that things weren't okay, so I was pretty much expecting it. The annoying thing is that I'm still nauseus etc! don't know what the deal is with that..

Anyway, just wanted to let you know.

fee

#22 MnM

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:19 PM

Oh Fee, im so sorry.. been there a couple times and it sucks.. so very sorry.

I was just coming in to say a huge congrats to Tina on her pregnancy and ended up getting some sad news.

This pregnancy thing is hard isnt it  bbighug.gif

Edited by MnM, 03 March 2010 - 08:25 PM.

#23 3monsters

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:07 AM

Im so sorry Fee, pregnancy suxs sometimes. Sending you big hugs..

I feel bad posting in here now, Mandy busted me in DIG oct 10!  I am currently 6w2 days, due 26/10/10 just laying low in case of something happening, since i had a miscariage last year and I dont have many sypmtoms so not feeling that confident atm.

Yvette - realy good to see you back on here! Glad to see things are looking so great for you! sorry to here the depression is coming back. Big hugs...

Beck - sorry to hear you have PND. Hope things get sorted quickly for you. ((hugs))

#24 Shadowess

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:52 PM

Thanks Mandy and Tina.. I'm alright.. d&c is tomorrow.. we're heading to the coast tomorrow evening, so I'm glad that we've been able to get it out of the way before then.

Tina, congratulations! I'm really pleased for you! Please don't feel bad about posting... I hope everything goes well for you, and you don't have another miscarriage. I was just thinking of you the other day actually, wondering how you were going.

Anyway, got to post a parcel to my new nephew! It was a bittersweet day yesterday, with my news, and his arrival, all at the same time.. I'm really happy for my bro and SIL though... and Joshua is gorgeous!

fee

#25 ~tinkerbell~

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:14 PM

Oh Fee I am so sorry to hear of your sad news.  Big hugs to you during this sad time.

TINA - Congrats sweetie.  I hope that this one sticks for you.  Good to see you too.  Have wondered how your little family are going, many times.  

MANDY - So how is the packing going?  When do you do the big move?

AFM - Life is getting there.  It looks like XH and I might have come to an agreement in regards to the money and children matters, so life is seeming alittle easier right now.  However things can change overnight with him, so fingers crossed we are all sorted, and it is just waiting for a court date to finialise it all with the courts.

DF and I are still madly in love and still planning.  Only about 13 months to go till our big day.  We are both looking forward to it.  We are saving like mad to buy a place of our own, but we have had a few setbacks with our car of 8 weeks totally dying on us last weekend.  Thankfully the caryard that sold us our car replaced it, although not a van like we needed, we have a sedan now.  A nicer newer car, but if we have all the family together, we will need to take 2 cars.  Not much we can do.  

I have an appointment next week to get my girly parts checked out for surgery.  I am having a mild prolapse (is that right), and they want to try and get it before it worsens.  I have other issues, so hoping this guy can help me out.

hugs to all, chat soon.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.