Thermomix consultants

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 Enchantress

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:57 PM

Hi:)
I have just signed up and was wondering if any other EB members are consultants??
Would be good to swop hints, tips etc.
I have my training next week and my first demo on the 30th, wish me luck!!!

Blessing

E xxx

#2 deerachsam

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:51 PM

Hi

What exactly is a thermomix? I have heard of the name but not too sure what it does. Sorry

Dee

#3 Enchantress

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:10 AM

Sorry Dee, in a rush to get to work!!
Here is the link:)
http://www.thermomix.com.au/index.html

Blessings

E xx

#4 deerachsam

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:24 PM

hi

thats amazing... am i allowed to ask how much it is.

ta
dee

#5 Enchantress

Posted 15 January 2010 - 10:23 AM

Yes Dee, they are $$$, close to $2000, there are payment plans though and i havn,t heard of anyone who doesn,t think they are worth every $$!!!
I suppose it comes down to how much time you spend in the kitchen, do you want to make life easier, prepare healthier meals quickly etc, i could go on but i don,t want to advertise!! original.gif

#6 deerachsam

Posted 15 January 2010 - 09:40 PM

OMG....
that's abit steep

I know it does lots of things but it is quite $$$ (only thinking if I told dh how much it cost he would scream the place down) lol

good luck with it..
Dee

#7 ~LisaJ~

Posted 16 January 2010 - 01:04 AM

Sorry to hijack, not a TM demo but I do own one and it is DEFINATELY worth every $$$. It is something you have to see in person to see the value.

Good luck Enchantress, hope you do well original.gif

#8 Enchantress

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:10 AM

Thanks Lisaj:)
Yes i now they are, i get mine tomorrow and can,t wait!!
You really do have to see what they do and how much they can save you in $$ and time to appreciate them:)

#9 MrsWidget

Posted 16 January 2010 - 05:03 PM

Sorry to hijack the thread but I'd love a demon and if an EB member could do it all the better. I have enquired through the Thermomix website but haven't organised it yet...

#10 ossienet

Posted 20 February 2010 - 06:33 PM

Enchantress, how are you finding your journey with Thermomix?  What state are you in?  I'm in Melbourne and have been a consultant for 9 months and would love to be able to share and chat with others that are passionate about their Thermie!

Good luck with it, it can be heaps of fun!

#11 leesie

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:12 PM

Hi Enchantress.

A friend of mine is a Thermomix consultant. She joined purely to get the machine, and has made her money back and more. She is trying to get me interested, but feel like I would have trouble trying to convince people to spend so much money on one product. Have you done any paerties yet? Do you find people are willing to spend the money??

TIA

#12 ossienet

Posted 26 February 2010 - 04:24 PM

Leesie,  (sorry not enchantress) I have been selling Thermomomixes for 10 months now and have had a good success rate (generally 1 sale per demo) sometimes I have been fortunate enough to have multiple purchases at a demo.  I am not a salesperson the machine really does sell itself!  It is a lot of money but once customers can get the head around the financial saving they can make in the supermarket as well as more importantly the time savings they will make - people are very keen to purchase.  Also the food is so yummy it really does open up a whole new world!  Some take longer than others but after they have purchased some always comment they are sorry they waited.

Im so pleased I went down this route and have friends that signed up to earn their own Thermomix as they just didn't have the money to buy it out right and are loving it.  Give it some serious tought you might just suprise yourself!

#13 Just Mel

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:26 PM

I am looking at a few different party plan options right now and Thrmomix is one of them, can anyone tell me a few things?

How much is set up?
How much commission do you get?
Is it hard getting party bookings? I used to be a Neutrimetics (Sp?!) before kids and found it so hard to get sales and bookings so it put me off party plan for a long time.

#14 Enchantress

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:20 AM

Oh i guys!!
Had forgotten about this thread, yay we have a group:)
I have been a consultant for 4 weeks now and am loving it, have sold 3 machines and am still on my 60 day plan, i have lots of demo,s booked, its not hard to persuade people to have someone come round your house and whizz up a 6 course meal!!
Ossienet - you are right, it averages a sale a demo and really does sell itself, i couldn,t wait to get mine and bought it without a demo just because of my friends recommendations.
Leesie - With everything you sell you are always going to get people who don,t like parting with the cash, however when they go away from the demo and research it online they will only find positive feedback and people commenting on how much money they have saved, you don,t need to persuade them, they usually come back to you!!

Just Mel - i will pm you some details:)

Blessings

E xxx

#15 JordynSiobhán

Posted 05 March 2010 - 01:59 PM

Is anyone in here from Sydney?

#16 Cherish

Posted 20 March 2010 - 07:08 PM

Hi guys! I am a demonstrator too. I live in country Tas, so have been having a bit of trouble convincing people to have demo's. The people I have sold machines too have absolutely loved it, but its just getting those demos booked, argh!
hope you are all going well.
Look forward to making this a proper buddy group!

#17 brazen

Posted 20 March 2010 - 07:15 PM

i am still a demonstrator even though i tried to quit last november  rolleyes.gif

just to add a slightly different perspective, while i had huge success as a tupperware demonstrator, i struggled with thermomix. i only ever had 2 demos (promised more but didn't go ahead) and sold one machine. barely made back what it cost me to join sad.gif i have one lady now who wants to buy one but because it's 6 months since my last party i have no idea what i'm doing anymore, i really need to remember to refer her on sad.gif

i think it can be successful, there certainly are lots of people who are a lot more successfl than me! but not for everyone wink.gif

#18 ossienet

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (brazen @ 20/03/2010, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i am still a demonstrator even though i tried to quit last november  rolleyes.gif

just to add a slightly different perspective, while i had huge success as a tupperware demonstrator, i struggled with thermomix. i only ever had 2 demos (promised more but didn't go ahead) and sold one machine. barely made back what it cost me to join sad.gif i have one lady now who wants to buy one but because it's 6 months since my last party i have no idea what i'm doing anymore, i really need to remember to refer her on sad.gif

i think it can be successful, there certainly are lots of people who are a lot more successfl than me! but not for everyone wink.gif

Brazen, I am so surprised to hear this, I have visited your Thermomix blog and seen how actively you have spoken about the Thermomix in the forums.  I thought you would be going along great guns, showing passion generally leads to sales!  If you aren't intersted in doing demos anymore make sure you use the referral system as it is a way for you to receive a referral fee.  It takes time to build a network, in the early days I had some quiet months but was worth sticking it out as it does have it's own momentum and now a lot of referrals come via my customer database.  if you want to chat about anything feel free to PM me

#19 Parkersmum

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:59 PM

Hi

Just wandered if this thread is still going as Ive had my thermomix for about a year now and have finally decided to give demonstrating a go.  I will be doing the training in a couple of weeks and then hope to get out there doing demo's.

Would love to chat with and hear your experiences, etc

Anyone else around?

#20 bron23

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:23 PM

I am interested in signing up but also worried about how many parties I would actually be able to get ppl to have. They are very expensive but oh how Id love one.....

#21 Elemenopee

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:48 PM

Hi Parkersmum and Bron23, I have just signed up, I will be doing my training (3 1/2 days) at the end of the month. We are asked to try and get 6 demos booked in the first 2 months.
I love love love my thermomix so much, I use it about 8 times a day. I made homemade torillas last night, the night before, lasagna, cordial, icecream and bread, all made from scratch. I am cooking foods I did not even know you could cook at home.
I am a little concerned about getting people interested, but am finding a few people have  heard of it now through masterchef. I have also been told the next 6 masterchef magazines will have large advertisements and a recipe.
My group leader has assured me they closley monitor how many consultants are in an area, and they don't allow more than necessary. I will also be given referrals from people through their internet site, so it is not just all my word of mouth.
HTH
Kim

#22 Enchantress

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:10 PM

Good luck Kim:)
It gets much easier once you start doing it, i have been a consultant for around 6 months now and love it:)
I have my heart set on Thermofest 2011 and Dubai!!!
If you need to know anything i am happy to help where i can as i am sure are others:)

Blessings

E xx

#23 Elemenopee

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:29 PM

Thanks enchantress, I was talking to my GL on Sunday, she was anxioulsy awaiting the announcement of where ThermFest will be, I am so excited for her. Dubai would be absolutely amazing, good luck on getting to there!
Thanks
Kim

#24 Parkersmum

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:02 AM

Yay Kym!!!  Ive actually signed up too but training got postponed a week and will now do 3 training days and will finish last week of July.

Ive had my thermomix for just over a year now and just love it so much that I have decided to do this as a hobby for "me".  I am very excited to get started.

I have two confirmed demo's booked and have another couple of people interested.

Great to see you there Enchantress.  I hope you get to thermomfest!!!  How good would that be.  

Sounds like you have been cooking up a storm there Kym.  I am going to make some Salted Maple Caramel Ice Cream today thats on the forumthermomix forum.  Are you on that Kym?  Its a great site with so many reciped and ideas:

www.forumthermomix.com

Where did you get your tortilla recipe?   I am wanting to try some of those out.

Have a great day

#25 Enchantress

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:16 AM

Good luck Parkersmum!!!! forum you linked to is a great inspiration the ice cream you mentioned sounds divine, please let us know how it turns out.
I made the crunchie ice cream slice from the EDC last night, so yummy, so simple and lots of it too:)

Think i am going to have a big cook off today and make falafels, soup, curries and naan bread:)

E xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.