Thermomix consultants

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#26 Enchantress

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:18 AM

Parkersmum - Great blog you have there!! How much do you love the Fruity Dream dessert??original.gif Will be bookmarking your blog, thanks:)

#27 Parkersmum

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:25 AM

Thanks Enchantress.  Ill let you know how that Maple Icecream goes!  Must try the crunchie one too as I havent tried that.

Your cook off today sounds fun.  What curry is your favourite in the thermomix?  We eat a bit of the Thai Red but also have just gotten into the Indian cookbook and have tried the tikka massala and the korma but want to try the cashew one.

Can I also ask, when you make your basic bread/rolls do you use bakers flour and some whole wheat?  I am trying to perfect my rolls and I know they will tell me in my training but interested to hear what other consultants use?

Happy cook off original.gif

#28 Enchantress

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:43 AM

Have to say i havn,t had the time to try many of the Indian cookbook recipes yet but i love the Beef Rendang from the EDC.
I usually make Isis's bread from the forum,i always use bakers flour, i don,t always mill wheat/buckwheat but usually put a seed mix through mine, sesame seeds, poppy seeds pumpkin seeds etc, when i am at home i will let it rise in the bowl too original.gif
Did you make your focaccia to the recipe from EDC?? Looks great!! Also the choc puds i might try as i have a Varoma demo this week and the lady is allergic to citrus:(
I see you are also in Perth so hopefully we might catch up at the meetings:)

Have a lovely, sunny Sunday:)

E xx

#29 Parkersmum

Posted 04 July 2010 - 01:57 PM

Isis does seem to be the guru for bread so must try some of her recipes.  Will try the proofing in the bowl too as its harder to proof in this cold weather.  

Yes another Perthie SOR so yep be great to meet you at the meetings.

As for foccacia, yes I used the EDC recipe but just added some rosemary, sundried toms and olives to the mix and then on top as well as some sea salt on top too.

The melting puddings good for a winter night.  Oh yeh I forgot I will have to learn the new varoma demo format too wont I? hehe

You have a great day too xx

#30 Elemenopee

Posted 04 July 2010 - 02:57 PM

Oh yay you have a blog- I'm skulking off the have a read.
Bread is not my forte, plus my hubs gave me a bread maker for xmas, so I mostly use that.
I do use the forum, I go under the creative username of Kimberley. You will never guess what my name is lol.
I got the tortilla recipe of there, I think it is quirkyjos fajitas or something. They are good, but need to be eaten hot otherwise they go hard when they cool. Really tasty, we loved them.
I wish I had time for a cookup todayEnchantress  to fill up my freezer, but might wait for a day when my nanny is here - my kids are 5, 3 and 1 yr old twins so they keep me busy.
I did cook the creamy salami pasta today from EDC, my husband really liked it despite how he has always refused to eat creamy pastas in the past - I think not telling him it's name made all the difference.

#31 Elemenopee

Posted 04 July 2010 - 03:01 PM

Parkersmum I don't know which of your blogs I like better! And your little motivational quote has inspired me, I'm off to do some decluttering.

#32 Parkersmum

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:48 PM

Kym- I bet that tribe will keep you busy original.gif  I have a 3 and 7 year old.

I like the salami pasta recipe too and have altered it before by sometimes making it with chicken and sometimes with large king prawns so its like a prawn pasta dish.  I will definately have to try those tortilla's.  

Made some bread rolls today with a bit of spelt wholemeal flour and bakers flour and they turned out good.  

Oh have you tried the sticky date pudding in the EDC cookbook?  It literally is to die for mmmmmm.

Blogs - glad I inspired you.  So need to keep decluttering here.  Toys and clothes are just never ending in this house.  I am sure they breed over night.  Specially since I havent bought toys for years?

Have a fantastic week girls.

xx

#33 Elemenopee

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:54 PM

Thanks for the tip about prawns in the pasta, that would be perfection on a plate. I'm not really keen on having salami too often.
I have tried the stick date, it was good, people keep saying how awesome it was so think I did something wrong. The sauce was gorgeous, but the pudding so-so.
And sure enough I did go and clean out my eldest daughters room, glad I did, I found her school bag - complete with lunch box and leftovers. That would have been nice at the end of the holidays!

#34 neddyteddy

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:06 PM

I love my thermomix! Today we ate a chocolate cake and a lemon poppy seed cake AND some of the salted maple ice cream... yum original.gif

#35 Parkersmum

Posted 05 July 2010 - 12:01 PM

Kym - glad you found that lunch box before it grew legs and walked out itself wink.gif  I would suggest u try the sticky date pudding again as mine have always turned out great, especially the pudding part.  I have found in the past when recipes havent turned out its because the scales werent accurate cos of either sitting on the lead or the feet having sugar or something on them.  You are supposed to clean the feet to ensure accuracy of the scales (but u probably know that).  

Neddy - did you add the optional chocolate in your maple icecream?  I didnt get around to making it yesterday and dont know whether to go with or without the chocolate.

Made some spelt wholemeal and white rolls yesterday that turned out well.  They were huge hehe!

#36 kj+2

Posted 21 July 2010 - 09:22 AM

Are there any thermomix consultants out there in the northern suburbs of sydney? I have rung and emailed thermomix twice now, they say they are passing my details on, but so far nothing has happened. I have saved up for ages now and finally have enough money, I just want to buy one and am a bit frustrated by all the hassle and delay involved!
Is there any way I could organise a demo myself?
Can anyone help?
Thanks!

#37 Enchantress

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:04 PM

Hi kj+2- Sory to hear you are having so much trouble!!
If you want to i have a meeting tonight, pm me your details and i will make sure someone contacts you, i can,t believe they havn,t responded to you??

E xx

#38 Guest_~Aine~_*

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:14 PM

*waves*

Hello, everyone. I've also just signed up as a consultant via the lovely Enchantress.  I get my machine tomorrow and start training on Thursday and can't wait!

Anyhoo - just saying hello!

#39 Enchantress

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:25 PM

Welcome Aine:)
How is training going??
Havn,t seen you online much, your machine must be getting a good workout!!
Hope everyone else is doing well, i am starting my group leader training next month ohmy.gif

Hope everyone in here has discovered where we are going for Thermofest?? I can,t wait!!

#40 Corrie-Lyn

Posted 11 February 2011 - 04:27 AM

Hi Everyone
Well I am about to start my training next week to become a consultant I am very excited.  I am in Melbourne.
Corrie-Lyn

#41 nosyla

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:46 PM

I have thought about doing this and have  a machine but also doing tupperware and have another part time job.

If someone is in Sydney (Penrith) area can you send me some information please.

Thanks

#42 MG05

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:58 PM

I'm not a consultant but I have had a TM for about 1.5 years.  It is one of the best things I have ever bought but I would never have even considered spending that sort of $$ on a machine had I not seen a demo and seen for myself how fantastic they were.  Our consultant was very enthusiastic and knowledgeable, which definitely helped too!

#43 Aidens_mama

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:58 PM

If anyone is in Perth, and wants to sell me a Varoma book without a demo, please PM me. I seriously have no-one who is going to buy one, or is interested in buying one (had 2 sales from my delivery demo) and even though I have a few friends who are happy to come to a demo for a free dinner, but would not buy one, it would just be a waste of the reps time. But I want the book! And maybe a bag?
Pm me if you want a book sale
Sally

#44 Red Cabbage

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:07 PM

How do you ladies think a man would go as a demonstrator/consultant?

DH is considering selling them, we live in a small country town, so also not sure how that would go. (on his weekends off work)

Edited by Red Cabbage, 24 July 2011 - 05:51 PM.

#45 Enchantress

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:23 AM

I have a man on my team and he is great!! Also the top consultant in our branch last month was a man so i would say go for it!! A lot of men use the Thermomix and are genuinely interested in it, lots more men cook now and every man loves a gadget, Thermomix is the ultimate kitchen gadget:) Hope it all goes well.

E x

#46 ~Bambi~

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:24 PM

I have taken the plunge after a year of tmx ownership.
I have always been a bit of a sales person at heart and after everyone saw me refering sales onto my sales rep they told me i should join up. (I think i had about 10 sales branch off from me in the first 2 months after i bought)
My best friend joined up as i hesitated and she made $3000 in her first 3 months, she has a son my sons age and worked around him and her husband working as well.

Needless to say that was incentive enough. I have the skills and the passion, now just need my training wink.gif

I already have a demo booked for the day after my training. biggrin.gif

#47 squirt70

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:38 PM

Is it ok if I join this group original.gif

I've been a Thermomix consultant since November 2011 & I live in Melbourne.

We eat healthier than ever before and have almost eliminated additives & preservatives in our diet.

I only had my Thermomix for 6 days when I decided to become a consultant. I had, and still do have, a huge passion to tell other people about how this machine can improve quality of life.

Yep, it is a big outlay, but it has been worth every cent!! I've gone from someone who despised being in the kitchen & couldn't cook well at all, to someone who can't get enough of it.

Karen

#48 ~marymoo~

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:10 PM

Hi everyone, do you mind if I join also?

I've been to two demos (my SIL had a demo, then another when she took delivery), and I just keep thinking about TMs!! My DH is on board to purchase one next year, but I find myself wanting to tell people about it all the time, and think I could have a go at being a consultant. I spoke in a bit more detail with the consultant, and she is passing on my details to chat more to someone else here in Tas, but I just wanted to see from people who are consultants now - does it work out to be worth your while? Do you have to provide all the food for the demos from your own pocket? Does it work out to be a good return? Obviously you might get more than one sale per demo. Also - do you notice more sales coming up to christmas? (i.e. should I get trainedx now biggrin.gif )

Thanks - i'd love to earn my own TM and start making all my own butter, jams, breads, sorbets, ice cream.... what a dream!

#49 ~marymoo~

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:12 PM

Just quickly - I also wanted to ask, how do you find the time demand? Everyone is always short of time, and that is the only thing that I think could hold me back from being a consultant at the mo. I work three days, have an 18 month old DD. Are most of your demos in the evening/daytime?? Thanks, would love advice to know what is required!

#50 Chubby Clementine

Posted 08 October 2011 - 12:36 PM

Hello ladies,

I just signed up to become a TMX Consultant! I am getting my machine next week and training starts the week after and then I am off!

It's so exciting!

Kimberleigh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.