Tupperware #62

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
225 replies to this topic

#1 Georgie Boy

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:14 AM

New thread time

Link to old

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...wtopic=748137LL

Also could members please note enquiries to Tupperware consultants are not to be posted on the boards please use the pm system or contact Tupperware direct.Threads of this nature will be deleted.

Consultant list

PM mod re updates or removal from list.

Updated 29/11/2009

QLD
Babbygirl:Brisbane Southside
bandgeek:Ipswich
Becmum4boys: Townsville
caitlinsmummy:South Brisbane, Wynnum/Manly and Redlands
chicabee:Sunshine Coast QLD
court:Brisbane
Danielle R: Rockhampton QLD
Dell78:Brisbane
dimatt: Gold Coast
Firefly:North Gold Coast
froggyem:Gold Coast
gfgirl:Forest Lake QLD
happyhales:Brisbane Southside
~JAS~:Southside Brisbane/Logan.
lauraloo:Gold Coast
LittleChickens:Mackay
*Mindy*:Logan/Brisbane
mummysharon:Redcliff QLD
pennyandlilly: Landsborough QLD
pottedpetunia:Brisbane(Northside)
pumpernickle:Brisbane
~Rebekah~:Gold Coast QLD
san n lilyan : Toowoomba
^^Tash^^ : Brisbane
tancam : Maryborough QLD
Taylahbel: Far North Queensland
willmac: Gold Coast

NSW
abeni: Western Sydney
bekhenry:Sutherland,Sydney
Belluca :Sydney
Buddygirl: Sydney
charissa: Eastern Suburbs Sydney
~CheerBear~ : Newcastle,Lake Macquarie
crab:Southern Highlands/South West Sydney area
Eggyj81: Hunter and Central Coast
fionatfk: NSW
jabekob:Hunter Valley
Jessob :Sydney
JordynSiobhan: Hills/Blacktown/Hornsby
**Katie**:Central Coast/Northern Sydney
katieimpala: St George Area of Sydney
KatieBal:Sutherland Shire Sydney
missbelinda77: Sydney South & Riverina
mums*hugs :Eastern Suburbs Sydney
Mum2_bjr:Illawarra NSW
Nessandstef: Eubalong West NSW
niknjosh : Western Sydney
Littlegreenfrog:Maitland & Newcastle NSW
ReneS: Griffth NSW
rollagirl - Sydney
stace:Country NSW/VIC border

ACT

VIC
balletmum :Eastern suburbs Melb
bethflynn: Thomastown VIC
chloeandjacksmummy:Geelong/Lara
eastleaf - Camberwell
ELLY - Melbourne
embeetoo - South West Victoria
~FĹoWe? T?: Melbourne
***gaby*** :Boronia (Outer Eastern Melbourne)
gimmeguitars (Chris): Mornington & Peninsula
jess_gray :geelong victoria
JackandAvasmummzies:SE Melb
jaksmum:Gippsland Vic
jessica-c:Sunbury Vic
Juzzy84 - Mornington Peninsula
-kate-:Gippsland Vic
Libbyloo72:Bayside Melb
melli59 (Melissa) : Mornington Peninsula
Missie:SE Melbourne
mum2paige:Melbourne
mummytoboyandgirl:eastern suburbs (vermont) melbourne
nic7:Eastern Suburbs Melbourne
rooney:Vermont South, Eastern Suburbs
Subbies(Tammy):Eastern Suburbs Melbourne
tuppermum:Eastern Suburbs Melbourne
~waiting~for~4~: SE Melbourne

TAS

1-more-2-Luv: North West Tasmania
Amber7-Hobart TAS
Mocha Mumma ~ New Norfolk, Tasmania

SA
Carmie
carol57 Southern Adelaide
Funtimes Adelaide
jessde-SA
mickeymouse North Eastern Suburbs
RedTulip NE Adelaide
Water~Lily:Adelaide southern suburbs/south coast

WA

aqua06:Perth WA
bronwunanun:WA SOR
~centa*of*attention~ :Perth
~gemair~ SOR including Mandurah and Bunbury
~Jot~ (Jo) EOR Perth, WA
leishb: NW WA
leam312002: Perth SOR
luvicecream:Perth WA
Mandyj80 WA SOR
Nightowl29:WA NOR
Mekka: Northern Suburbs Perth
**MrsPotatoHead**:SOR Perth
shellanne1968
2bam1jam

--------------------

#2 ~gaby~

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:38 AM

waves.gif

#3 RedTulip

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:03 PM

Silver Tounge1.gif

Hope everyone is having a good day! Off to pick up my order soon. Ordered me a corckscrew for my kit while it's cheap - yay! biggrin.gif

#4 abeni

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:10 PM

bronze woohoo!

So i made the Sangria cocktails recipe tonight, testing it for my cocktails party next week  cool.gif Has anyone else done this one?  I dont get the bit where you use the peeler to peel 'two long strips of rind' then juice... i couldnt break through the white stuff underneath the rind to get to the orange! So i just cut it in half  blush.gif But then it says later to add the orange rind to the pitcher with everything else. So i think i need to buy a few more oranges and practice.  And i think i shall be adding more lemonade.  Its taken me about 10mins to write this because i cant control my fingers very well after only one glass!

RT - i rodered the corkscrew too, then realised the wines i buy are all screw top lids  tongue.gif

#5 RedTulip

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (abeni @ 14/01/2010, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bronze woohoo!

So i made the Sangria cocktails recipe tonight, testing it for my cocktails party next week  cool.gif Has anyone else done this one?  I dont get the bit where you use the peeler to peel 'two long strips of rind' then juice... i couldnt break through the white stuff underneath the rind to get to the orange! So i just cut it in half  blush.gif But then it says later to add the orange rind to the pitcher with everything else. So i think i need to buy a few more oranges and practice.  And i think i shall be adding more lemonade.  Its taken me about 10mins to write this because i cant control my fingers very well after only one glass!

RT - i rodered the corkscrew too, then realised the wines i buy are all screw top lids  tongue.gif

I'd say make two long strips (probably for "looks" not to split the orange open) with the peeler, then cut it and half (with a knife Tounge1.gif) and juice it. That's what I'd do anyway! I haven't made that one yet original.gif Sounds yum (and strong!)  roll2.gif tongue.gif  

I don't even drink wine  blush.gif  Just got one for my kit as I've had heaps of people ask about it. Trying to get things that aren't likely to go out of the new catalogue in a few weeks and boost my sales at parties with some 'higher priced' items wink.gif

Edited by RedTulip, 14 January 2010 - 07:20 PM.

#6 Aidens_mama

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:47 PM

Hello,
Just a question...as my tupperware lady is OS at the moment!
Is there a new catalogue out yet, and if there is, what colour is the back to basics range.
Thanks,
Sally

#7 froggyem

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:54 PM

Aidens_mama
new catalogue comes out beginning of Feb and then we will know if htere are colour changes of products etc.

keep an eye out on this thread :-)

Hey girls,
what is your uniform at your distributorship?
i always thought we all wore the same, but i dont think we do.
We wear black pants/skirt, white shirt with pink suncity embroidered on and pink scarves and managers have hot pink jackets

xEm

#8 Aidens_mama

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:57 PM

Thanks very much for your reply. Going to a party on Feb 12 so guess I will see new colours then.
Another question, is my only option for storing a 28cm diameter plate, a savoury keeper? It is the only one I can see.

#9 The new me

Posted 14 January 2010 - 08:34 PM

Hi everyone

I really need a lettuce container, and I know my mum had an old tupperware one in her cupboard - do they still make them, or is the round fridgesmart my only option?

Also I really want the mini rectangle 2 (7.5 cups) like in the modular mates hom starter kit (pg 33 of catalogue), however can not find them individually, is this even possible ot can I only get them in the set.

Thanks
Anna

Edited by anna.louise, 14 January 2010 - 08:50 PM.

#10 froggyem

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:15 PM

anna.louise have pmed you
:-)

#11 RedTulip

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE (froggyem @ 14/01/2010, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey girls,
what is your uniform at your distributorship?
i always thought we all wore the same, but i dont think we do.
We wear black pants/skirt, white shirt with pink suncity embroidered on and pink scarves and managers have hot pink jackets

xEm

Em - We don't have a uniform as such  huh.gif Just business dress, neat casual at SM. I often wear black dress pants and a black top. Managers have hot pink shirts and business attire/suits usually in black/white. Last SM I wore denim skirt, black singlet and thongs - although it was still 40deg @ 7.30pm so we were all casual attire Tounge1.gif

Aidens_mama - New catalogue released mid February, depends which state you are in. In SA our release is 16th feb original.gif Not sure if your feb 12th party will have it!

Edited by RedTulip, 14 January 2010 - 10:54 PM.

#12 Mum2_bjr

Posted 15 January 2010 - 02:31 PM

our uniform is black pants and white shirts with vision embroided on them and managers are black bottom half with burgendy shirts embroided and black jacket also embroided original.gif

#13 ~gaby~

Posted 15 January 2010 - 02:48 PM

Wow i thought all managers wore the same! Ours wear suits, sort of a grey-ish colour with pink t-shirt. They all get the clothes from the same supplier so they all look the same! We just have to be neat for the meetings. No thongs or denim

#14 ~JASB~

Posted 15 January 2010 - 02:55 PM

I guess all the different ships managers will stand out at sessions in their different uniforms! wink.gif

#15 RedTulip

Posted 15 January 2010 - 03:48 PM

So who wants to give me some interesting facts you use at demo's  wwhistle.gif Anyone wanna share? I've been looking online lots today for interesting facts and 'stuff' I can share with my customers.

Does anyone demo a can opener? What do you do with the contents of the container afterwards   tongue.gif

Have a party sunday and want it to be my best one yet  happy.gif

#16 Elemenopee

Posted 15 January 2010 - 04:49 PM

Hi again everyone, thanks for the welcome a few weeks back. I did my first party yesterday and it was fun!
The only amazing fact I have RedTulip is you have to use the pincers on the can opener, my manager had a customer complain hers didn't work. When my manager checked through the woman's pantry she found more than 10 cans opened, the woman just didn't know how to get the top off! Not really amazing just pretty funny. The wet newspaper in the freezer trick to get rid of odours is a good thing to pass on to customers, too. (It's the carbon that absorbs the smell)

#17 ~gaby~

Posted 15 January 2010 - 04:54 PM

For those who were charged extra for the release of the rice cooker speak to your managers. I mentioned to mine (thanks to Ebony) how the newsletter states it's 50% off the demonstrator cost. She spoke to my 'ship about it & they have rectified the mistake

#18 RedTulip

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (kymbahlee @ 15/01/2010, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi again everyone, thanks for the welcome a few weeks back. I did my first party yesterday and it was fun!
The only amazing fact I have RedTulip is you have to use the pincers on the can opener, my manager had a customer complain hers didn't work. When my manager checked through the woman's pantry she found more than 10 cans opened, the woman just didn't know how to get the top off! Not really amazing just pretty funny. The wet newspaper in the freezer trick to get rid of odours is a good thing to pass on to customers, too. (It's the carbon that absorbs the smell)

My DP did this the other day with my can opener. Was trying to pull the lid up once it was cut, thought it wasn't cut so went around about 5 times  rolleyes.gif  wwhistle.gif Men!! blink.gif Well done on your first party! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Any tips for using the corkscrew? We don't have any bottles with corks in our house at the moment..

I often sell Fab 5 as a set, encourage customers to pre-make the lunches in advance at the start of week and freeze them. Rubbing hands on stainless steel sink to get rid of onion smell on your hands after chopping it  ssecret.gif

Will be back with more  waves.gif

#19 abeni

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:00 PM

glad you got the rice cooker price issue sorted out, gaby!

Heres some tips from me:

You can lock two s/wich keepers together, to make a double compartment sandwich keeper! Perfect for taking a salad sandwich to work, keep the salad on one side, bread on the other so the bread doesnt go soggy from tomato.

Store coins for lunch money in the bottom of the sports bottles.

Use the divided server as a food prep storage area while doing other tasks.  So i make spag bologneise (sp), use my happy chopper to chop onions, then store them in the divided server.  Then do the same with mushrooms, capsicum, garlic.  Then you can easily scoop out the onions on their own to cook, same with the rest.

Use the squeeze it not just for icing cakes, but also for making cupcakes.  So make up the cupcake mix, then instead of fiddling around trying to spoon the fix into the cupcake patty cups, pour it into the squeeze it, use the narrow nozzle, the boring one with just a plain hole, then squeeze the mixture into the patty cups.  Gives you complete control of how much to put in each, and a LOT less messy (i only thought of this after making a complete mess of myself the other day making cupcakes for DDs birthday, and it was SO much easier).

Does anyone demo a can opener? What do you do with the contents of the container afterwards

Never demo'd it, but how bout using it on a tin of smoked oysters, then eat them all up! yummo!

#20 froggyem

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:08 PM

Hi girls,
i sell heaps of the allegra serving centre as a "lazy susan" to be used for when you have tacos, also the 100 other uses for the piece including seafood with ice underneath, fresh fruit, veges & dip, lollies, sausage rolls/frankfurts with sauce.

My biggest "tip" i guess that i talk about these days to help explaining the value of Fridge smarts is:

It has been estimated that Australians discard up to 20% of the food they purchase, the equivalent of buying five bags of groceries and throwing one away.

The Australia Institute conservatively reported that Australians threw away about $5.2 billion worth of food per year. This includes $1.1 billion in fruit and vegetables thrown out, more than any other food type.the Institute made the conservative estimate that the average Australian household throws away $616 worth of food per annum.

(from www.foodwise.com.au)

i then say i know that buying FS is an investment, but they will pay for themselves within a week or two

original.gif

#21 froggyem

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:11 PM

the squeeze it is also GREAT for filling canneloni tubes, i used it when making my spinach and ricotta canneloni, also use it to do potato rosettes on the top of my shepherds pie  tongue.gif

#22 ~JASB~

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (***gaby*** @ 15/01/2010, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For those who were charged extra for the release of the rice cooker speak to your managers. I mentioned to mine (thanks to Ebony) how the newsletter states it's 50% off the demonstrator cost. She spoke to my 'ship about it & they have rectified the mistake

Yep, same here.  Although my manager just told me to go straight to the office myself glare.gif  So did that, got an email reply saying I was right, and it's on my acc as $12.55 i think it was.  I meant to tell you guys that the other day.

kymbahlee I've heard similar stories so many times about the can opener laughing2.gif  Glad your first party went well!

RT I dunno!  Mine are just different every demo.  I remember stuff from SMs, I remember stories that customers have told me, and pass those on.  I just wing it and make it up as I go along.  Seems to work for me LOL

One I do often talk about is the crap in disposable water bottles.  I tell them how before I started TW my fridge was full of Mt Franklin bottles that I just re-used over and over.  Now, knowing what I know about the carcinogenics that are leaching into the water from those bottles when they are re-used, it horrifies me to know that I was giving that to my kids.  I sell A LOT of water bottles.  My fridge now has the 4 Aquasafe bottles from RBW, 2 Fast Quenchs, and 8 kids sports bottles!

Em I sell alot of serving centres like that too - I love the lazy susan feature LOL.  Although I use my mini serving centre for tacos here at home - but we can't sell that one anymore!

#23 ~ Four Blessings ~

Posted 15 January 2010 - 08:34 PM

Wow guys thanks for all your tips, I have my first party tomorrow night, so its great to know the right things to say.

I had my AP party on wednesday night, only 5 people came (and they are the ones that are having parties for me lol) but 4 of them bought things and I also bought some things for myself too, so my sales for my AP party was $547 so thats around $100 off my kit. (woo hoo)

Uniforms - My manager just said that because I am pregnant its not worth me buying the shirt (as who knows if it will fit) just for me to invest in some black maternity pants and a nice white business shirt and business shoes.

#24 RedTulip

Posted 15 January 2010 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (~JAS~ @ 15/01/2010, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One I do often talk about is the crap in disposable water bottles.  I tell them how before I started TW my fridge was full of Mt Franklin bottles that I just re-used over and over.  Now, knowing what I know about the carcinogenics that are leaching into the water from those bottles when they are re-used, it horrifies me to know that I was giving that to my kids.  I sell A LOT of water bottles.  My fridge now has the 4 Aquasafe bottles from RBW, 2 Fast Quenchs, and 8 kids sports bottles!

Further to this - I also only use the Aquasafe bottles now. Means my kids can't empty the water dispenser all over the floor  laughing2.gif laughing2.gif  

Excellent tips! Keep them coming Tounge1.gif

Em - I was looking for food wastage facts today - thanks for the foodwise website link  smile.gif Found a stat that says 65% of produce (Fruit & Veg) purchased is thrown away  nno2.gif  Will def be talking up FS at my future parties!

A Tupperware party starts somewhere in the world every 2.2seconds and it is estimated that in excess of 100million people per year attend Tupperware demonstrations worldwide  yyes.gif

AnitaWillHayJack - Excellent AP! Good luck with the rest of your parties. Your Kit will be paid off in no time! I had mine done in 3 parties wink.gif

Jas - Glad you got that extra few bucks back! biggrin.gif Would be stupid if they were charging differently at every 'ship!

Abeni - Never though of using divided server for food prep! I always have little piles of stuff on my chopping board  ddoh.gif Fab idea RE squeeze it too. I tell customers the kids ladle is the perfect size for cupcakes (having tried it myself!), it even has the lip on the edge so less spills and the kids can kind of aim it in the right direction!

Wow - Smiley overload! Sorry!!  wwhistle.gif

Edited by RedTulip, 15 January 2010 - 09:35 PM.

#25 **Katie**

Posted 15 January 2010 - 09:59 PM

Hi guys,

Does anyone have the sequence number for ordering the rice cooker?

thanks

Katie

P.S. Had good party tonight (finally) maybe I wont quit after all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.