New thread time ladies

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=723083

#2 FloralArrangement

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:27 PM

GOLD  wink.gif

#3 Keropi

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:07 PM

Silver!

Michaela - it has a pool fence in the wrong spot!  So yes that will need fixing and we will get on to that.  And yeah you better visit!  Plenty of room for everyone!!

I'm nearly finished painting the inside of the house, just the laundry to go!!!!  Slowly going insane from paint fumes.

Better go and cook dinner.

#4 FloralArrangement

Posted 19 January 2010 - 03:00 PM

Did you know you get perfumed paint  wwhistle.gif

Also ceiling paint that goes on pink and dries white so you know what you have painted. i am ready to paint as well just waiting for kids to go back to school next week. Will do granny flat first and set up for Daisy then all kids will have their own rooms again. Lil and Rose have a bunk which i got last year and i detest it, trying to make it etc so will be getting rid of that quick smart. LOL.

All okay here. Daisy's tutor for maths will be here soon she had the worst teacher last year we were explaining the work better than him and I finished school 23 years ago.

Just paid her fees and got her timetable she does not have him this year otherwise I would have have had to do something about it/ She has the English teacher I liked fr4om yr 8. i cannot believe she will be in yr 10 blink.gif

Lily in yr 7 and Rosie of course in yr 2 where did the time go??

#5 Keropi

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:22 PM

I don't know where the time has gone Gina, but I am grateful for the extra year with Ashie even though I worked a lot of her last year before school we still had 3 amazing months together overseas.  But fortunately she is one of those kids that has greatly benefit from the extra year out of school.

My house is slowly getting together, only have to tidy up, wash the kids bedroom walls, paint in their wardrobe and then work on the outside.  Damien is taking Thursday off and a lawn man that I have used once has cleared his morning to cut the grass and do whatever I need him to do afterwards - like paint the pergola that we have had up for years but never bothered painting.  I am glad that I have gone to the effort to paint inside the house because it looks so clean and fresh and decluttered as we are packing at the same time.  I'm feeling so excited tonight.  I have reclaimed my bedroom, laundry, bathroom and hallway.  Simple pleasures.....

#6 Keropi

Posted 20 January 2010 - 09:58 PM

Aurora had her Opthamologist appointment today and her eye is improving so she will keep using the patch to hopefully see more improvement in the future.  2 months ago she could just see the first letter at the top of the eye chart and now she can read the first three lines.  Yay Aurora!!!

And the Op. will do phone consults with us once we find an optometrist that will do the measurements he needs.

#7 MichelleM

Posted 21 January 2010 - 01:37 AM

Hi ladies!!

Julie your new house looks fantastic, bet you can't wait to move in!  First of all though I hope you get through the painting and the packing unscathed!  We recently had the house painted and it was such a stress, I hate moving stuff around for painting!

Absolutely fantastic to hear the good Aurora news!  Everything is crossed that her eye's progress goes from strength to strength.

Wow Gina, I can't believe Daisy is in year 10!  How time has flown, I still thought she was just starting high school!

Michaela and Jannette I hope you are both travelling well.

Nothing much has been happening here.  Josh and Scarlett are finally over their tonsillitis and all three are bored out of their brains but it's been way too hot over here to leave the house.  The last week we've had temps up around 43/44degrees ALL day, the other day it was still 42 and 6pm!  Next week though apparently is going to be under 35 so we might try to venture out.

Our little town made headlines today in Perth because of our major power crisis!  Whenever it heats up our power cuts out meaning that the last week we've had a few blackouts!  Our electricity company (we only the one so no choice) has now set up generators and are fixing 6km of underground power lines as a result of mass emailing, TV appearences and a facebook page!

#8 Keropi

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:40 PM

Michelle - I hope that heat let's up for you soon.  It's bloody hot here today and we have had to abandon painting outside the house in the front yard.  

However, the gardener came this morning and we worked our butts off to do the weeding etc, Damien painted under our new gutters and the house is starting to look amazing!
But even with sunscreen I am burnt and I didn't think to do my back between my shorts and shirt so I have a major strip of burnt back.  At least I can't feel it...yet.  I have burn cream that I bought last week after I stepped in a bucket of scalding water.  I'm over painting and packing and the taste of gatorade.

#9 FloralArrangement

Posted 22 January 2010 - 06:01 PM

I am super thrilled that there has been some improvement in Aurora's eye. Crossing fingers for much more.

Michelle we had that problem here a few years ago when the long hot weather truly started. People were getting money back for all the food that was wrecked in their freezers.

It was 36 today 40 yesterday here.

#10 Keropi

Posted 23 January 2010 - 03:06 PM

We have the same heat today - it is hampering my outdoor efforts.  But we were up early so I finished painting the shutters out the front of the house, now to tidy up and a bit of gardening.

#11 Keropi

Posted 23 January 2010 - 09:17 PM

My house is looking so good, I can't believe I am moving to the beach!!!!!!!!!!  Still more to do, but it looks so nice.

Relaxing with company and wine tonight.

#12 Keropi

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:48 AM

Hi everyone, I have been on facebook to say that yay I have sold my house.  If all goes according to plan the contract is being signed as I speak, I'll pick it up and take it to Damien in the city to sign.  Cross fingers!!!

And it is February time!!  Ashie is counting down the sleeps to her birthday on Wednesday.  She is certainly growing up - she wants and Ipad...but will have to settle for an Ipod.  LOL

#13 MichelleM

Posted 01 February 2010 - 03:13 PM

Hi Julie!  A huge congratulations on selling your house, I know how awesome it feels and it sounds as though it sold pretty quickly.  Must have been all the work you've put into it the past few weeks.

Josh and Bel went back to school today and were quite happy about it.  Scarlett has also been a happy little vegemite so I think she's glad to be on her own again!

Wow, it's taken me more than an hour to write this so will be off, back again soon I hope!

#14 FloralArrangement

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:20 PM

I pad what a name. Well done Julie obviously a good omen for your future.

Kids are okay Rose a bit sooky but that is usual.

Rob changing routine at the moment funny little chap.

A bit again ick

#15 Keropi

Posted 02 February 2010 - 08:33 AM

Glad everyone's little ones are happy to be at school!

House contract was signed last night after the husband of the couple had a look.  They even want to keep the chickens!!

Off to go birthday shopping for Ashlen.  She has it all planned out.  Everyone HAS to be up early to watch her open her pressies.  Ethan was annoying her and said no I don't want to get up early and Ashie replied with "But I can't open them without you".  How sweet.

#16 Keropi

Posted 05 February 2010 - 08:54 AM

What a sad day - Just found out a good friend's father who was going to have aggressive brain surgery for a recurring tumor is going into pallative care because his melonoma has come back.  All the grandkids are 5 and under and they had just built their dream home in Nelson Bay.  

How is everyone else?

#17 FloralArrangement

Posted 05 February 2010 - 10:54 AM

That is not good news Julie and not fair.

MIL's birthday sent card and gift voucher thinking I might get the gift voucher back for my birthday should have made it more, nothing has changed there. Tyler adamant there is no point in contacting them as nothing will change and that there has been no apology of any description from their end as there has been from ours.

Otherwise all well here

Edited by Daliro, 05 February 2010 - 10:54 AM.

#18 FloralArrangement

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:20 PM

SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS MR R IS LEGALLY IN OUR CARE FOREVER AND EVER

Edited by Daliro, 05 February 2010 - 04:21 PM.

#19 Keropi

Posted 05 February 2010 - 07:40 PM

CONGRATULATIONS GINA!!!!  Can we see photo's now????

A busy day here, I had 2 nephews and 1 niece here today as their sister is in hospital with a bleeding bowel.  Could be a polyp, but the bleeding has settled now and the kids have gone to their grandparents house.  Having a house full of friends on the weekend due to the situation above.

#20 Keropi

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:29 PM

Where is everyone??!!

Just had 3 days of work, thank goodness, to keep my mind of this darn cooling off period.  Poor Damien missed out on a job that he was clearly over qualified for but the rejection letter said that he was underqualified!!  

Ethan has bowel issues again and will need to be on parachoc for at least a year.  I hope there is nothing else wrong, Damien took him today and requested blood tests but Dr knocked it back.  

Better go and put my munchkins to bed.

#21 MichelleM

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:46 AM

I really need to go to bed but I thought I'd drop in for a few moments just to sy a huge

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR FEB BABIES!!

Josh still has another 9 days before his (yes, he is on the countdown!).  He is not having a party with school friends this year as he had a big one last year but we'll still do the family thing and then, three weeks later, we'll do the same for Isabella!

Anyway, must fly.  Am at TAFE and loving it but it still has a fair work load to it.  Scarlett started day care yesterday too and HATED it poor love.  I really do feel terrible leaving her as she is very attached to me (or should I say to my boobs!) so Mother guilt is once again in over drive.

Julie I just read your post after I posted and couldn't leave without asking after Ethan.  How is he going now?  Also big bummer about Damien's job rejection.  I wonder if they had him mixed up with some one else?  Maybe worth a call if it's not too late.  Good luck in his job hunting anyway.

Gina, I know I said it on FB but a big congratulations to your family too with the perminant placement of R!!

Edited by MichelleM, 19 February 2010 - 12:49 AM.

#22 MichelleM

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:10 AM

Wow a whole month has gone by, is this group really dying?

It's Isabella's brthday today, she had a lovely one I think.

Hope everyone is well.

xox

#23 Keropi

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:19 PM

Hi Michelle I hope not, we have been busy moving and we are finally here in Hervey Bay!

Happy Birthday to Isabella - I remember when she was born!

How have you been?

#24 MichelleM

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:06 PM

Finally some one else came to stop me from talking to myself!

Hi Julie!!!  Yay for moving in and starting life afresh in a new town.  How are the kids loving living in Hervey Bay now (Baaaad gramma today, excuse that!)?

I am good, we're all good, well Brett is becoming good again after his car accident last month (the day before Josh's birthday actually!).  He broke his collarbone and then got pneumonia because of his body over compensating for the dmage to his chest.  It was pretty bad for a few weeks there but he's now 4 weeks down the track (today exactly actually) and hopes to get out his sling next week.

It's been good having him home, I've been loving the company and I will miss him when he goes back to work after Easter.  The kids have been loving having him drop them off and pick them up from school each day too.

Must dash off to school.  TAFE is still great, loving every minute of it, not getting stressed out like I was at uni and basically having fun playing cameras all day . . . bliss!

#25 Keropi

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:29 PM

Hi Michelle - did I know about Brett's accident, how is he going now with pneumonia on top of it, yukk.
Hoping he got back to work OK.

Kids are going well here, loving it of course especially the pool and having their own rooms.  Work is going good too.  Went for a job interview to be director, but think I'm being a bit ambitious!

How is everyone else?

BTW updated the blog.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.