• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:43 AM

New thread time ladies

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=736672

#2 SLJ

Posted 10 February 2010 - 03:58 PM

Woo Hoo first in line, that doesn't happen often.

Home today, feeling a bit blah  sick.gif

Getting a bit sick of the heat, humid at the moment too, can't handle the humidity, don't know how you QLDer's do it!   aannoyed.gif Can handle heat in the 40's as long as it is dry heat like normal here.
It has been trying to thunder and storm here but just no quite making it, hopefully tonight will see a storm to break the weather a bit. Sad when we get excited if it drops under 35.

All our little ones are no longer so 'little' growing up too quick.

Donna - hope the next few weeks go quickly for you, can't imagine being at the end of pregnancy in this heat, not a nice thought, put your feet up. My haydn has been 'challenging' too, I'mhoping it is a stage that will settle soon.  hands.gif Hayden and Matilda looksso alike in that last photo.

Kathy - Congrats on  babyboy.gif number 2 I reckon boys are wonderful (most of the time) but I may be a little biased...lol A few weeks away from whinging......ah heaven...enjoy. Haydn as I said to donna is 'challenging' at the moment, the whinging drives me nuts some days and I'm at work most of the time!

Mel - grandmother at 42! pretty young when you consider I'm a realatively new mum almost 41 and just started in comparison, I guess that's the difference in starting early like your friend, and late like me!  lol My aunt is a great grandmother x 6 and she is only in her mid 60's.

#3 Flanette

Posted 13 February 2010 - 09:07 AM

My Mum was a granny at 38  ffear.gif at the time she didnt seem that young but its only 6 years away from me its really young!

Quick question - How many of the 4 years old still wear night nappy. Lily is still so wet in the mornings I thing she is going to be in them forever!

I keep meaning to post some pics

Visit My Website

Visit My Website

Have a great weekend original.gif

Edited by Flanette, 14 February 2010 - 10:54 AM.

#4 donna2332

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:43 PM

Hey Carol.  Your links are not working.

Hayden is still soaked in the mornings too.  The odd thing is he keeps asking not to wear a nappy anymore.  Even though I tell him he has to wake up dry and get up to pee in the middle of the night he is still wet.   I am going to try.....matress protector and sheet, with about 3 layers (I have to get another matress protector first) and let him go a couple of nights with no nappy.  I actually thinkl while he has a nappy on, he will continue to wee in it.  If he wets the bed a few times he might understand how uncomfortable it is IYKWIM.

We will see how it goes.

Donna

#5 Flanette

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:56 AM

Links are fixed.

I agree Donna I think its a lazy thing but havent been willing to try it out. You go first and let me know how you go  tongue.gif

#6 SLJ

Posted 15 February 2010 - 08:51 AM

We have patches where Haydn wakes up wet for a couple of days in a row.
We have found that because he is a huge water drinker, if I cut back on how much he drinks in the hour or two before bed and through the night, he is much more likely to be dry in the morning.

When he decided he didn't want to wear the dry night pants, we made a deal, that if he could go for a week with out using the nappy he could try the undies and he hasn't done too bad. I think while he had the nappy on there was no incentive not to use it, while he has undies on he has to try harder.

We have a sheet, then a matress protector (this one actually works!) and then a ptoector sheet under where he sleep just in case.

#7 Puggle

Posted 15 February 2010 - 02:28 PM

Hi all. Lovely to see some gorgeous photos and hear of another baby on the way - congratulations again Kathy.

Donna and Carol, Claire kept asking to go to bed without a nappy even though she'd nearly always wet it right up until she stopped wearing one at night (late last year). In the end we set the bed up with extra layers etc (we used a Conni pad directly underneath her to allow for quick and easy changes) let her stop wearing nappies at night and although she has wet the bed here and there, all in all it has been much better than I expected. We used to take her to the toilet just before we went to bed to begin with, and made sure we reminded her she wasn't wearing a nappy. We've just recently progressed to not having the Conni pad on there, as it was just too hot at this time of year. There is a mattress protector though.

I've heard of lots of people layering the bed (sheet, mattress protector, sheet, mattress protector) to allow for quick and easy changes at night if needed. Good luck!

I'll add some photos later.

#8 thrilled

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:04 PM

HI everyone

Sorry ive been MIA so long.Im going to do several posts over the next few days  to catch up with you all.

For this one i want to first Congratulate  Anna bbaby.gif ,Donna bbaby.gif ,Kathy bbaby.gif  & Sharon- bbaby.gif bbaby.gif  OMG twins that is so exciting,on their pregnancies.Such a wonderful blessing for you all & i hope your all healthy & everything is going well.

Its been great to see all the photos too.All the children are growing up so fast arent they ohmy.gif .

As for 4 yr old behaviour im pleased & relieved to say that i much prefer it than the  3yr old behaviour.Lucy has really grown up in the last couple of mths.She still has meltdowns & her obsessions are tiring but generally she is pretty good & you can reason with her most of the time as she understands the consequences if she doesnt behave.

Now Lily is turning 3 next mth & she is very very painful atm.This is the exact age Lucy was when she got so painful wacko.gif She has gone from a happy little girl to the absolute  dev (6).gif at times.She is really testing her power atm.We have just resigned ourselves to the fact it will last at least 12 mths &  hands.gif that the worst of it will be over this time next year.

Promise to BBL for more updates on us.

#9 thrilled

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:48 PM

Back again biggrin.gif

Firstly thankyou Donna & Anne for your PMs & Caroline for your post asking how i was,it was very much appreciated.

Chantelle-sorry this is so late but i saw your sig in your last post & wanted to say how sad i am that you lost a precious daughter.I cannot think of any words to describe how sad that must have been for you but just hope that you & your 2 boys are going ok.

Caroline-I have been reading about your daughters RA & im hoping that  things are starting to improve or at least they will in the future now that you know what the problem is.

Night Nappies- Lucy has only been out of them the last 2 mths.When she had a nappy on she was dry 5-6 nights/wk for about 4 mths but due to my laziness i kept them on as i didnt want to be changing wet bed ain the middle of the night.Then after 2 wks in undies she had an accident every night for about a wk  but has now been dry for several wks.When she did wet she would wake immediatly & then finish the rest in the toilet so at least i knew she wasnt wetting & then sleeping through which would have been harder for her to learn.She also would drink sometimes nearly a whole bottle of water during the night which i had by her bed so ive taken that away but she know if she is thirsty she can wake me & i will give her a small drink so she does that sometimes.She doesnt drink much water during the day & because shes on a multitude of laxatives i was reluctant to take it away but it had to be done.

Lily is 3 next mth & still isnt TT.She hates sitting on the potty or toilet but im trying to put her in undies as much as i can & she just wets herself but i will persist.Luckily we have tiles as im always wiping up little puddles ohmy.gif

I will BBL with more news soon

Edited by thrilled, 19 February 2010 - 08:49 PM.

#10 thrilled

Posted 02 March 2010 - 08:25 PM

Only me again tongue.gif

This year seems to be flying by so fast already!I thinks its because the girls are doing so many activities this year.Last year they didnt do anything except go to Occassional Care sometimes but Lucy goes to Preschool every thurs & fri which she loves.Absolutely no tears from our Lucy but the novelty has worn off a bit as she wants to sleep in & cant believe she has to go to Preschool again!!She loves it when she gets there though.Its a community one a very much like a little school.The great thing is shes making friends which she never did at occ. care as she went irregularly & often on different days so she never got to form any real friendships but now she talks about her friends all the time.

Lucy has also started dancing which she wanted to do all last year but i put off till now.She absolutely loves it & seems so grown up in her leotard..She takes it very seriously too which is funny for me because I never did any kind of dancing as a child & was completely uninterested in doing such a pointless activity but her excitement has swept me up too & i will have to stop myself becoming one of those stage mums ohmy.gif in the future i think.

Lucy & Lily also started swimming lessons which is going ok but the novelty has also worn off for them.They loved the first lesson but Lily missed the 2nd lesson because she was sick & ever since she has cried through the whole lesson everytime.Its not like she doesnt like the water because all summer she has been swimming & is fearless & loves going underwater etc but she doesnt like the structure of it i think.they are in a class together & Lucy was going great but now she is starting to not enjoy because of Lily & also because she gets cold & she has zero fat on her & the waiting for her turn makes her cold.Oh well we will battle on as its so important.

As you can see from my sig we are unable to have another baby.We had afull cycle & they collected my eggs & they were fertilized using the last of Dhs frozen sperm which was great that we got that far & we were so close but the morning of the transfer they called to say that the 2 embryos that were going along fairly well had stopped developing so that was the end of that 2 mth drawn out little saga.I was absolutely devastated the first week & was an emotional wreck.We hadnt told anyone at all as we wanted it to be a surprise so the surprise turned into extreme emotion telling my Mum etc.I feel ok about it now but its at the back of mind everyday & is a lingering sadness that is actually getting stronger everyday.I thinks its because its beyond our control & because we had a 100% success rate with the girls we had almost forgotten that it might not happen even though i said it to Dh often.Anyway i will be fine & feel so blessed to have the girls but i still have to keep my emotions in check & keep those jealous  feelings closed away.

Well thats our life in a nutshell.I would kill for a holiday atm so hopefully this year we can have a nice family one with just ourselves.

Hopefully its gets busy in here again which im sure it will once all these new babies start arriving biggrin.gif

#11 Golden oldie

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:11 PM

Just popping my head in. There must be some babies arriving soon ... Donna, Sharon? How are you going?

#12 emma_louise

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:43 AM

We went to WA last week for SIL's wedding, and during our one day in Perth I managed to meet both Sam and Nikki! It's always great to meet more of you, and we had a delightful time with these two lovely ladies and their families!

Things are going well, although both children are having rather too many challenging moments recently. James is loving kindergarten, although it totally exhausts him, and he usually has a 3hour nap afterwards. Eleanor now really plays with him, though of course there are plenty of squabbles. And one moment of peacful quiet turned out to be a home-hairdressing exercise! James' was able to be fixed with his next haircut, but Eleanor took out a large chunk towards the top of her head, and that will take quite some time to grow out!

#13 willsmumsos

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:20 AM

HI!
Firstly I have to say how great it is that Jane has been in and updating...I often think of that time we met in Sydney Jane and wondered at how you and the girls were getting on. I also agree with what you said about feral 3 year olds compared to fours! Zoe has definitely started a lot of 3 year old behaviour that is just so painful just as Will comes out of it...he's still got a few things that drive us to distraction but generally things are improving with his behaviour.

I hope all the pregnancies are travelling well. Close friends of ours had a baby girl 2 weeks ago and we visited the day after her birth - she was so tiny and precious.

I'm currently sitting in a dark house with both my kids awake but in bed still....they've been waking earlier and earlier each morning so I'm trying to enforce the no getting out of bed until it's light rule! I've just my absolute block at Will for waking up the whole house with his banging (even though we now live in a house double the size of the last one he can still push my buttons with that annoying habit of his). I AM DREADING DAY LIGHT SAVINGS ENDING ON SUNDAY.

Today's Good Friday and we're off to a massive egg hunt in town where 75000 Cadbury eggs are hidden! It's a huge tradition in Bendigo so it'll be nice to be a part of it for once.

I'm going to go back and re-read some threads to remind myself of what's happening and then come back!

Happy Easter to all in case I get side tracked and end up returning in another 2 months!

#14 SLJ

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:34 PM

News off facebook:

Congratulations Donna and family
on the arrival of
Lawson !

#15 thrilled

Posted 11 April 2010 - 08:57 PM

CONGRATULATIONS Donna & family on the arrival of little Lawson bbluestork.gif Such a wonderful name too.

Hi Cecile, I too remember our catch up in Sydney well.A nice early one wasnt it.Lily is still feral & getting worse by the day im even starting to think she might be more painful than Lucy was glare.gif But our big news is that she is now toilet trained eexcite.gif  except for poos though but i dont think it will be long.I remember your posts about Wills head banging habit.Is it getting less than it was?Maybe you could tape a big bit of foam on the wall & than you could all sleep peacefully.

Emma i hope Eleanors hair is growing back quickly.How are Sam & Nikki going?

Im sure it wont be long until we hear news from Sharon even though i cant remember her due date it must be close & twins usually arrive early dont they.

I will keep checking in.

#16 ~Lucison~

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:03 PM

Hi ladies....long time no hear.

Congratulations Donna on the arrival of Lawson.

Just thought I'd pop in and let you know that our twin boys arrived safely last Thursday, 8th of April.  I made it to 37+5.  They were 2.7kg and 2.8kgs born, 50cm long, but had to go into special care for a few days.  Breastfeeding established and going well so far.  It is soooo good to be home!

Archer James (L) and Darcy John (having a big yawn).

Edited by ~Lucison~, 14 April 2010 - 03:09 PM.

#17 SLJ

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:42 PM

Congratulations
Sharyn and family
on the arrival of
Archer and Darcy

Welcome little ones.

#18 thrilled

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:53 PM

CONGRATULATIONS Sharyn & Family On the arrival of Archer & Darcy bbluestork.gif bbluestork.gif  More outstanding names original.gif    Well done on getting so close to your due date.

#19 Flanette

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:30 PM

Congratulations Sharyn on the arrival of your gorgeous boys. Good to hear they are here safely and settling in.

#20 emma_louise

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:08 PM

Congratulations Sharyn! I hope everything continues smoothly for you all. Thank you for sharing the photo!

Jane - San and Nikki are both doing well, and it was wonderful to meet them properly. Eleanor's hair is growing slowly - very frustrating every time I do it, knowing how much easier it should have been by now! However, I can at least put it up properly so it's not noticeable, so it could be worse!

#21 Puggle

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:48 PM

Oh Sharyn, congratulations! Archer and Darcy are just gorgeous and I love their names. And well done on getting to 37+5, that's great.

Congratulations again to Donna on the arrival of Lawson. I love his name too.

Hello to everyone else. I try to pop in when I can but my business has just taken off in a big way and I am being kept extremely busy keeping up with it. Claire is loving preschool and learning all sorts of bad habits and behaviour there. Lauren is growing up way too quickly for my liking. She got a good report from the genetics clinic at Westmead a few months ago; they still can't confirm she has NF1 but if she does (just waiting for the second 'official' symptom to emerge - could be waiting until teenage years) then she is tracking extremely well, which was a relief to hear. We've also had confirmation that if she does have NF1 then it is a spontaneous mutation of the gene and she hasn't inherited it from DH or from me. She's still not walking - she can, but chooses not to! She'll get there in her own time, I'm sure, and she might just be concentrating on increasing her vocabulary instead - there has been quite an explosion of new words recently.

It has been great to read some updates and I'd love to hear how others are going too.

#22 Guest_Imokoe_*

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:25 PM

Congratulations of the birth of your beautiful twins Sharyn! Hope they are settling in well.

Been a little while since I have been in here. 4 yr olds are piles of fun arent the? Imogen drives me up the wall sometimes lol. She is getting very tall, doing well at daycare, can write half her name now and recognize a few letters. Not long until they start school, scary thought!

Koen started daycare one day a week as of last week. He did well for his first day but was a bit sad when i picked him up. He is one very cheeky little boy and will keep them on their toes I'm sure.

I start work any day now as a agency nurse personal carer for nursing homes. Should be doing one or two days a week which i am hoping will be a nice break for me. I need it lol.

I've applied to start uni in july so fingers crossed there and we have to move again around the same time since the owners sold the property.  sad.gif

Life is very busy here, would love to hear how everyone else is going.

#23 Puggle

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:35 PM

Well done on the job and good luck with your uni application and the move, Tam.

Hmm, for a very quiet thread it is certainly getting a lot of views going by the stats ...

#24 Sonara

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:08 AM

Congratulations Sharyn on the birth of your boys, Archer and Darcy. Hope everything is continuing to go well for you and you are getting some sleep.

Anne, your girls look so alike. Great news that your business is going well.

Tam - i hope Koen settles into day care ok, and you don't have too many tears.

All cruising along okay here. Soph is enjoying kinder, although she regularly talks about school. Having her 2 sisters already there (along with knowing a huge amount of other kids) just seems to make her so keen to get there and join them.  I personally can't wait to finally have all 3 in the one location. I am finding it a nightmare with work etc with doing the kinder run. Our longest session is only 3 1/2 hours so i feel like i'm getting nothing done.

Nat's doing okay, we now inject her every week from home with the chemo, very hard thing to do but after a couple of months of that it looks like its finally starting to work for her, and the pain is easing. Rach is suffering from jealousy and the attention Natalie is getting, which is hard to deal with but we are getting there slowly.

Well that's about it, just not enough hours in the day at the moment but we all keep plodding along.

#25 Mummy to HJ

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:00 PM

Hi ladies!!

Long time stalker....rare poster LOL

Firstly congrats to our new arrivals!!   Too cute!!

Hayden is growning well....big boy (tall)!!!   The poo training is still going nowhere!!   Driving me a little insane changing pooey jocks all the time!!!

He is still seeing a speechie and an occ therapist to help him with mainly his social skills....have been advised to send him to a smaller school....so now stressing about what school....have a few in mind...

He is loving kinder though, even though he doesnt really socialise with the children, its something he loves.   He is also doing swimming....it scary as he is almost treading water by himself - he has only one floation device - an arm floatie....scary!!!

Here is a pic of Hayden and his best friend when we went to fairy park

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.