November 05 Parents # 362

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#26 gracetilly

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:44 PM

Hi everyone.

It is lovely to hear from you all.

Big congratulations to Donna and DH on the arrival on Lawson! Lovely name.

And Congrats to Sharyn. Lovely names as well.

Any new babies on the horizon?

Life for us is of course, like all of you, very busy.

I am working atleast three days a week,often 4. 4 is too much I find.

Grace is going to preschool three days and she loves it. I think she will thrive at school. She loves the social aspect but she likes to learn, so a pretty good mix I think. We are not sure about which school to send her to. It will probably be the local Catholic school, but possibly a very highly ranked public school that we are just out of zone for, but there are disadvantages with that option. I think everything will work out for her

Matilda is a completely different child to Grace. To be honest, I have struggled with her behaviour in the last three months. Often, it takes me a good half hour to get her in her carseat, ending in tears for all of us, grace included. She prefers Daddy to me (which has its advantages) but sometimes it makes me a bit sad. But all in all, I must say that she seems alot happier the last few weeks and things are going well. I had a day at home with her yesterday which was really lovely. She is talking alot.  

Nothing much else to report. I have finally had the opportunity to start training again (running....still trying to get the baby weight off.....that is an old excude) but I have just tore my calf muscle. Cranky about that. We are planning to do the City to Surf run again.

Anyway, great to hear from you.

BTW...Anne the store looks FANTASTIC. IS it online yet?

Mwah.

Mel x

#27 Puggle

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:58 PM

It's nice to read updates from people.

Caz, I often think of Nat and wonder how she (and you) are tracking. Giving injections must be tough.

Sarah, Hayden is so tall! And his swimming skills sound great.

Mel, the store is just exquisite! No, it isn't online and I don't think it is likely because things just sell so well in-store; so when are you coming down to check it out? Make it a Handmade Market weekend, you will be in heaven. Come down for the September one, and see Floriade while you are here!

Preschool resumed today. Thank goodness!

#28 SLJ

Posted 09 May 2010 - 09:15 PM

Hi All

Hope everyone had a lovely Mothers day.
As usual here it is a fizzer, when left up to DP nothing happens.
Still had a lovely day at Kinder with Haydn on friday, and a couple of presents he made there, and just got my first 'love you' from Mason as I put him to bed, so not so bad after all!  wub.gif

Been busy running around today for Mason's 2nd birthday party (his birthday is Tuesday), even though it was pretty much a family BBQ at home, I'm worn out!  wacko.gif not to mention engaging in a running battle with a 4.5 year old who as developed attitude of late. (anyone elses 4 yo got a real attitude of late? or amI the only lucky one............ mad.gif

Haydn is going well (except for the attitude) has shot up yet again. Looks odd in his kinder group, he a full head higher than most of the other kids. Probably why most people think he is older. Last measure (done at home fairly quickly) said he was nudging up towards 140 cm. He still loves being outside digging, and building things, loves his puzzles and knocks over 48 piece puzzles pretty quickly (there's not much between 48 piece and 100)
Still obesessed with everything diggers, tractors etc. He can copy his name (well is sort of readable  lol) and can recognise some letters. Counting is really good he's able to count to 16-17 and understands the number of things. alphabet is another thing......has the first bit down and the last bit down but doesn't much care for everything in the middle!  lol what else can I update....ah yes we have just recently started a job chart where he completes a few simple jobs each day and gets some money at the end of the week, it is going well so far, he doesn't argue with doing the jobs (well not for long lol) and is saving his money to buy a digger (one we saw while shopping ofr Masons present). How long it will last is yet to be seen!
I think that about covers it.

Mason is going well, has been sick but seems tobe on the mend now. Had his 2 year check up recently, and is 14.6 kg and 90cm tall so going to be another tall one like Haydn and Daddy.......guess I'll be getting a crook neck lookingup in years to come. He is talking really well (even the MCHN couldn't believe how well he communicated) guess that comes from having a chatterbox big brother. He too is obsessed with diggers, dirt and outside, couldn't get him in the other night had to physically remove him from the top of the slide in the pitch black and carry him inside. His latest obsession is bob the builder, (hence the cake pics on facebook).

Tam - congrats on the job!

Caz - good to hear things are starting to go better for Nat. Haydn loves kinder too, and is very ready for school.

Sarah - Haydn is getting tall. Swimming is a double edged sword, while it is god that they are confident and enjoy it, it is scarey that they are doing so much by themselves, Haydn has always loved his swimming lessons and does everything by himself now, including bombing the teacher.... oomg2.gif

Mel - bugger about the calf muscle, hopefully you'll be running again soon.
Mason is very much a daddy's boy too, although mummy is starting to get more of a look in lately.

Anne - You are sounding very busy, and doing so well! Your girls are looking so grown up, can't believe how much Lauren has grown up since the last lot of photos. They are getting more alike.

Ok have pratteled long enough, will add some photos to go with long winded update above.

Haydn  End of March

Mason    Today

#29 howie&charlie

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:25 PM

Congratulations Donna and Sharyn on the birth on your new bubs!

We have a new arrival here as well  wub.gif

Margot Clementine 21 May 2010 3.6kgs, 50cm, 2 1/2 hour labour and we are all doing well. Her big sisters just adore her!

I shall have to do a bit of a catchup on the past posts!

#30 thrilled

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:31 PM

CONGRATULATIONS Anna & family on the arrival of the very adorable Margot ppinkstork.gif

#31 Sonara

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:40 PM

Congrats Anna and family on the birth of Margot. She's gorgeous.

#32 SLJ

Posted 27 May 2010 - 04:45 PM

Congratulations Anna and family
on the arrival of
Margot Clementine!

#33 emma_louise

Posted 29 May 2010 - 10:33 PM

Congratulations Anna!

I feel as though I'm in a current Due-in month; ten people I know have now had babies this month, including 3 relatives (my SIL was one) and 3 RL friends!

#34 SLJ

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:39 PM

So Emma have you been drinking the water?

is there something you want to tell us???  

#35 emma_louise

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:17 PM

Absolutely NOT!

#36 SLJ

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:15 AM

Emma - You and me both!!  lol

Just looking at your signature, thought Eleanor was James when he was younger until I read the names. They are so alike!

Edited by SLJ, 15 June 2010 - 08:15 AM.

#37 willsmumsos

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:59 AM

Hi everyone!

I'm kind of embarrassed to pop my head in after all these babies being born and me not even knowing half the mums were expecting...how many newborns have there been this year?

CONGRATULATIONS to all the families who have new bubbas in their midst.

Sounds like our life is travelling much the same as everyone else's - too busy.

We're going ok here. I thought Will was doing really well at kinder but recently got told they are concerned about his inability to cope with being told no or not getting his own way - which is just devastating as I'd just convinced myself that school was the right thing for him next year. Academically I know it still is because he's so clever that he'll go stir crazy not being challenged enough but now I wonder if another year at home would help build up his skills in relation to his incessant whinging. Problem is to pull him out of kinder I'd have to do it by next Friday and then find something for him to do all next semester on his normal kinder days and I don't  think I can do that. I think I'll just have to send him to school and hope that it knocks a bit of street smarts into him and he hardens up a bit and if not I guess he can always repeat prep.

Is it always the first borns that cause us the most concern?!!!

Jane you asked if his banging is better or worse - it's neither, it's just still there every single night and he still wakes up looking as though he hasn't slept at all. We're trying a new tact now where we say he's only allowed to do it for five mins to get to sleep initially and that's it but short of sitting up all night watching him I have no way of knowing whether this is working.

Zoe's flying along, in fact at kinder duty on Wed the teachers were saying to me how well she'd do next year at kinder and they were shocked when I said she's not the right age for kinder until 2012. It's going to be a long 18 months here!

Both kids have had a few health concerns lately but I'm finding it hard to get medical help as they just want to put it all down to 'just one of those things' and that doesn't sit well with me.

I better keep moving lots to do today before another hectic week and then relief TWO weeks off!

Catch you in another 3 months, he he.

#38 Golden oldie

Posted 26 June 2010 - 12:12 PM

Hey Ceclie. When I had my parent/teacher interview for Benji, I got told of similar issues. But they said it was quite normal for the age bracket, that most of the kids in the class are the same (especially the boys). So, don't go beating yourself up, or thinking that his behaviour is unique, iykwim?

Benji's report actually said something of the lines of "Benji lacks the ability to solves conflict, and will often meltdown or become angry".

#39 SLJ

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:34 AM

Cecile and Jodes - Much the same here with Haydn some days the whinging at every little thing drives me nuts. Although I must say in the last couple of weeks I have noticed he still whinges if something doesn't work or go his way, but he'll have a couple of goes at working it out before losing it completely, so hopefully it is a sign of hope!
Kinder has been really good for Haydn he is much more confident and gets along better with other kids now.
He has been out and spent a couple of hours at his new school and loved it so hopefully he will continue to do so, they have a few more sessions in the lead up to the end of the year.  

Mason is going great guns (although has a bit of a cold at present) his talking has taken off although there are still times he gets frustrated trying to get his meaning across. He imitates everything Haydn does, it is quite funny at times, and drives Haydn nuts. He has just decided he can climb and is getting more adventurous, still no where near as bad as Haydn was though  hands.gif Mason wan't to stay with Haydn at kinder (loves it) but is not happy he has to wait a while yet, will try to get him into a family day care spot for a day a week as Haydn did, shortly.

Battling a bad back at present pain has been reduced but still very sore and siezed up. )had a couple of days off buit wasn't able to do much)

Looking at possible jury duty at the end of the week and trying to get all the bits and pieces of Dad's estate sorted out, along with work as usual, so still busy here, never slows down.

That's about it with us.

waves.gif Hi to everyone else.

#40 SLJ

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:52 PM

huh.gif  unsure.gif  

waves.gif

#41 ~Lucison~

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:30 PM

waves.gif  waves.gif

Hiyeeeeeee

Did I wake anyone up?  Ha ha!

#42 willsmumsos

Posted 01 September 2010 - 07:45 PM

whoops double post.

Edited by willsmumsos, 01 September 2010 - 07:47 PM.

#43 willsmumsos

Posted 01 September 2010 - 07:47 PM

Hi all! Just popping in quickly for a few reasons...

1. To say hi. I've been missing this lovely bunch of ladies lately and I can't really pin point why. I almost sent a message via facebook the other night at some ridiculous hour to you all cause I just couldn't stop thinking about our good old online chats!

2. I wanted to share with you all (because you all shared in so much of the drama) that after 4.5 years we have finally gotten some real help with Will's headbanging and associated issues. It took his creche to say that they thought there were a few things that were troubling enough to consider an asperger's/autism spectrum type diagnosis and then bham finally doors opened and we have a plethora of medical help coming our way! So far we're in the early stages of working with an OT but it looks like he may have some sort of sensory disorder that 'requires' him to have a certain amount of physical activity a day or else he'll bang all night long. With this winter being so wet and cold we've been indoors more than ever and his banging has been ridiculous, so it makes sense.

3. I also wanted to be very cheeky and ask those that made the conscious choice to have a third child how they went about it. That may sound really dumb but I'm trying to figure out if I'm thinking of number 3 so much just because it's something I don't have and lots of friends are pregnant at the moment or whether it's because I HAVE to have another one before I feel content. I just wonder if I was meant to only have 2 whether I would be so conflicted or whether I'd just know 2 was the right thing. Any thoughts appreciated in this. Doesn't have to be on here either - message or facebook me if you'd like!

Hope you are all doing well.

#44 SLJ

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:58 AM

Hi all

Just a quick drop in to let everyone know I'm still around , haven't gotten in for while.

Cecile - Can't really comment on the third child thing, won't be having one myself, but having said that, if I had started my family earlier, I probaably would have tried for a third, just decided at my age after two easy pregnancies and two healthy kids not to push my luck.
Good to hear you are finally getting some help with Will, you've been fighting for it for so long.

Things are a bit hectic at the moment, just finished up our environment and safety audits here now have to get our SA and WA Plant through as well.
On top of that we are closely watching the river, just as well it dropped a few feet late last week or we'd all be swimming now. We are on major flood alert, I expect the water will start to come over the top of the bank late tomorrow. Should be OK at my place but a lot of others will be getting a bit wet. (shouldn't be as bad as 93).
ah australia, bush fires one year, then after 10 years of drought and no water we get a years worth of rain in a week and floods.......Dorothea McKeller had it pretty well right!

Hope everyone else is staying dry and well.
Will catch up when things settle down again.

#45 Sonara

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:08 AM

Hi Everyone,

Seems a lifetime ago since i posted on here. I do check it now and again.

I miss this thread as well, facebook is good but you just don't really here how everyone and their kids are going in the same way!

Cecile, great news that you have some help for Will, it must have been a very frustrating few years with all that head banging, sorry to hear he does have an issue, but great you are finally getting some answers.

3rd child - well i guess for us even before we had kids we had said we will have either 3 or 4. I think because dh is the youngest of 4, and me of 3, it makes you think about doing the same for some reason.

After i had Natalie, (as in when she was 18 mths or so not immediately)  i simply didn't feel content or finished. People say you just know if you are or not. I just had the need to have one more, and dh was more than happy with that. Obviously after all the problems we had with Soph, child no 4 got ruled out pretty quickly!! My SIL had 2, and she certainly felt that there is no way she wanted a 3. I now look at babies and think no way could i do that again.  Big decision to make, hope this helps somewhat.  I think you need to go with your instinct a bit.

Susan - hope those flood waters ease soon up your way. We are going to Moama for a week next week, my Dad has just called to say that it might be flooded there by then. I hope not, its our first holiday in over 5 years! Crazy weather

Well life is cruising along here. In  a selfish way i am hanging for next year and Soph starting school. She's ready to go and i am still really struggling with work hours, kinder times etc, i can just never catch up.

Soph is great, still such a skinny little thing, we have finally hit 16 kgs, but she's not short so she looks so scrawny. She is so independent, she even does her hair in the morning now! Some of the outfits and hair styles she leaves home in are interesting to say the least.

As you probably know from my meltdown on facebook (feel rather silly now), Nat hasn't been doing so well. We started her new drug on Wednesday, so we have all our hope that this one works. So she now has 3 needles every fortnight, as she has to stay on the chemo as well.

Rach is 9 1/2 going on 15. They grow up so fast, we have had lots of issues with jealousy and Nat's condition, we had a few months of hell, but the last few weeks have been a lot better. She can still show some shocking attitude, but its improving every week.

I am still just working 2 mornings a week in the office, plus doing stuff from home. I'm trying to find some me time which is hard, i am doing yoga and tennis when i can which i love.

Well that's about it for us, hopefully a few more will drop in with updates.

#46 gracetilly

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:46 PM

Hi all.

I have been thinking about our little group and I do miss having a bit of a chat. I loved our MSN chats. Cecile, Hello!! I was actually going to send you a message last night. hope all is well.

No advice on the 3rd child....I just knew that I was done at 2. Even if I was younger, I doubt that I would go for a third.  So maybe trust your instinct.

Hope the weather is settling a bit for you now Susan.

Things have been a bit tough on our little family since July, we lost DH's mother suddenly. Very sad, and she babysat Matilda atleast twice a week. So I have had to reshuffle work and beg for an extra day care day. No flexibility now. We miss her.

Girls are good. Tilly has been a bit of a terror at times but I think she is improving. Grace is lovely. She is a very kind and loving girl, bit of a tom boy in a dress. She went to a party the other day and she was the only girl from preschool. She is very ready to go to school, and we are happy with her school for next year.

I am about to embark on a 12 week body transformation run by Michelle bridges. I will be very hungry, but watch this space. Hoping to lose 12 kg!!!!

Hope you and your families are all doing just fine.

Mel x

#47 Mummy to HJ

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:09 PM

Hello ladies!!!

Missing you all....

Been going good here.....talks are on about TTC #2.   i am finally happy and settled with a partner....we are looking at moving into a house of our own soon (bit too many people here with my mum, step dad and brother plus me, DP and Hayden!!)

Hayden is getting a 2nd year of kider.....finally decided that it would be best for him.... He also had an appt with a doc about his poos (he is still soiling himself) and basically he got soo constipated that it would hurt to do poos so he would hold on and that has damaged his poor lil bum....so its back to basicas for us.... 3 times a day sitting him on the toilet and rewarding him for just sitting on the toilet.....hopefully there will be results soon!!

I am going through a lil health worry atm..... I am prone to UTIs and the docs are finally going to investigate further....may include a camera up the pee hole!!!  Not looking forward to that!!!

Hope all are well!!! original.gif

Edited by Mummy to HJ, 13 September 2010 - 03:10 PM.

#48 My cup runneth ove

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:37 PM

Hello there everyone

It's been such a long time since I've posted on here (probably close to two years), so I hope that you all remember me...

I guess a lot has happened for us in some ways over the last two years, but in some ways not much.

Last time I posted we had just sold our house and moved in with my parents - well we've only just (in the last five months) moved into our new home after spending 19 months with my mum and 6 months with my BIL and SIL. It was a very trying time for us (and also the people that we stayed with). We will never do it again!

We do love our house though, although we are not quite at the point that we think it was all worth it. After looking forward to moving in for so long, it has been a little bit anti-climatic to actually live there, so DH and I are dealing with a few feelings of 'ho-hum'.

A few weeks after we moved it, I found out that I was pregnant. Unfortunately not long after that I had to go to hospital to have surgery to remove what was an ectopic pregnancy. It has been particularly hard for me to deal with, one because I had told the kids and also MIL and also because DH has now decided that it probably isn't a good idea to have a third (however, I do not feel like our family is finished). So it's hard for me to lose my baby and also hard for me to deal with not ever having another one.

On the upside, DH is not immovable and I keep working on him to change his mind!!

In addition to all that - my mum said some things to me that were not nice and haven't helped much.

Dad moved into a high care nursing home June last year as he suffers from dementia and it was getting to difficult for mum to look after him. This all happened when we were living there.

On a brighter note - both Keira and Jett are going great right now. We changed childcare centres when we moved and they are now starting to really settle in (Jett especially). Keira also started Kindy at the beginning of the year and it seems like a great centre. Although some of the things Keira tells me when I get home from work are horrible and I can't wait until she starts school and moves away from some of the children there (one of them told her she was not pretty and she told me that she wanted to change the way she looked  ohmy.gif ).

Keira is such an independent and intelligent little girl and always questions things - how is glass made mummy, why can't I eat chocolate for breakfast, why do you and daddy sleep together? More often than not I struggle to find an answer...

Jett turned three at the beginning of September and he is such a little boy! Runs around scaring people and being spiderman. He is also an emotional / sensitive little thing and will crack wobblies at the littlest thing soemtimes.

DH and I had our first ever night/morning alone since Keira was born. The kids had their first sleep over at their Nanny's house last weekend. It was so great - we should have done it sooner and will definitely do it again soon.

Since I've now written so much and have a performance development meeting with my boss, I will sign off and hope to be better at keeping in touch from now on.

Take care
Sara

PS - I would upload a photo of the kids, but can't quite remember how to do it - will try again when I've finished work

Edited by Keira's Mummy, 15 September 2010 - 01:41 PM.

#49 Sonara

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:20 PM

Sara, so sorry to hear of the loss of your baby. Look after yourself.

#50 willsmumsos

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:58 AM

Hey Emma is there still a list floating around somewhere? I know I've missed Sophie's birthday for sure (sorry Caz) but was hoping to refresh my memory of who our October bubs were...5 years old is a big milestone, we should all celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.