November 05 Parents # 362

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#51 His-Mine-Ours

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:38 AM

Hey all,

Its been so very long! I'm here under a new username now - used to be ~*rejeruha*~ or something similar - Been so long I forget!!!

It's really nice to read and catch up with whats going on for you guys. Maybe we should do a facebook shout out to come in an update on our almost-5-yo's.
Ruby is going great guns. Had a little trouble with some speech problems (pronunciation) so we had help from a speech therapist and it's now all sorted. She's excited about going to school but honestly not too phased. The most exciting thing is she will be able to go to the canteen like the big boys!!!

Most of you know I split with my H at the beginning of the year - and again if you're on facey you'll know I'm now with the absolute love of my life. Things change and luckily for me it has def changed for the better.

Better fly - sneaking in my visit on the work computer um-ma!
love to all,
Sal

#52 SLJ

Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:42 PM

Happy 5th Birthday
Angelique.

Hope you got lots of cake and pressies.
Big hugs Michelle, they are growing up way too fast.

#53 SLJ

Posted 14 October 2010 - 01:31 PM

waves.gif Hi sally

An update photo of my nearly 5 year old soon to be school boy  nno.gif

And one of both boys

Edited by SLJ, 14 October 2010 - 01:34 PM.

#54 SLJ

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:05 PM

Happy Birthday
Hudson

hugs Ren.

#55 SLJ

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:37 AM

Happy Birthday
James.

hugs Emma

#56 Oceanblue

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:39 AM

Hi All

It has been a long time since I have looked at our DIN group but so glad that I did. It is lovely to hear updates on how everyone is going.

As most of you are aware we welcomed Lachlan to our brood this year and we are definitely now done at 3.  He is my little angel.

Josh is going well, he is so ready and excited to be going to school next year. He to has melt downs, I think it is normal for this age as they learn to better control their emotions.  He is such a caring big brother and is Lego mad.

Mali is two and a bit and a real little girl. Everything must be pink including her undies - go figure. She loves playing with her babies and putting them to bed and breastfeeding them.  Too cute.

Josh and Mali fight alot though and from speaking to others with older kids this continues on to adult hood so I guess we are all in for a long haul.

Cecile - I just knew I wanted another after Mali and when Lachie arrived I knew I was absolutely done.

Carolyn - So sorry to hear about Nat and I really hope things improve for her.  I think of her often, poor little thing

Mel - good luck on the 12 week challenge, I remember when Jodes did something similar a few years ago. We would all love to see before and after pics if you are brave enough.

Susan - I know what you mean about the imitation. It is amazing what Mali picks up from Josh.

We are in the midst of building a house and hope to be in by February if this damn rain ever stops.

Take care all and a big Happy 5th birthday to our DIN babies.
Kathy

#57 Popsical

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:34 PM

Howdy Howdy Howdy Howdy

I'm sorry it's been a while. Life is mad. Facebook is easy.

Cecile - Two was never really on the cards for us. DH and I are both from families of four and we had decided on four or five  ohmy.gif. After Leo we felt we had as many as we could handle responsibly and that's something that varies from family to family.

We are all well. I'm nearly finished my 2nd semester of uni, love it. Claudia had double eye surgery last year to correct her stabismus (lazy eye) and is going well. She's a cheeky little vixen but so amusing she gets away with far too much.

Leo is now toilet trained in a big boy bed and talking up a storm. He turns 3 on the 30/10 and I'd be sad my baby is growing up if I wasn't so relieved to have a bit less work on my plate!

Aidan is lovely. I'm very blessed to have such a loving and clever little boy. He had a hard first semester at school and we couldn't work out what was wrong until his teacher retired. When the new one started, suddenly he was getting more challenging work and is now very happy.

anyway - Uni calls. Nearly done for the year but got to get this last essay in.

I saw a gorgeous piccy of Ellie and Cooper on Facebook and it gave me an idea. Why don't we all post a pic of ourselves with our five year old this year, being the big 0 -5 and all!

Heather

#58 SLJ

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:12 AM

Happy Birthday
Hunter

hugs Sarah.

#59 SLJ

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:57 AM

Happy Birthday
Hayden
Lucy
Georgia

hugs Donna, Jane and Sam.

#60 SLJ

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:04 AM

Happy Birthday
Lily

hugs Carol

#61 Mummy to HJ

Posted 06 November 2010 - 06:48 AM

Good morning ladies!!

Happy Birthday to our November babies :-)

Just thought i would share that i am now expecting bubba #2.....early days - im saying 5-6 weeks, DP reckons 3-4 weeks  rolleyes.gif  (still awaiting a dating scan) but hoping for the best

hope all are well :-)

#62 SLJ

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:36 PM

Happy Birthday

Will
Zane
Lucas
Ben

Hope you all got spoiled

hugs Cecile, Fiona, Sharyn and Jodes

Congratulations Sarah!

Edited by SLJ, 09 November 2010 - 07:38 PM.

#63 SLJ

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:34 AM

Happy Birthday
Mia

hugs Kathy

Edited by SLJ, 11 November 2010 - 08:34 AM.

#64 ~Lucison~

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:15 PM

Just want to wish everyone a VERY HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY!!!

Wow, we now have 5 year olds!!!  Ordering the school uniforms a few weeks back really made it hit home at how old they really are getting.  And then today at Lucas' birthday party he lost a tooth  cry1.gif   oomg.gif .  We just looked at him and noticed it missing....he said he was very brave, but doesn't care to remember where exactly it fell out (if he even remembers).  I think he was waaaay too excited playing with his friends.  We were at Fraser for his actual birthday, so he had a lovely time fishing (no fish this time though), swimming, and playing in the sand.

Congratulations Sarah!

The year has just flown by for us.  The twins are now 7 months old, still breastfed with 3 solid feeds a day now as well (so going longer than 2 hours between breastfeeds thankfully), rolling all around the place, Archer is up on all 4's and rocking blink.gif , and Darcy cut his first tooth last week.  They really are good babies (now...don't get me started on the first 5 months!).  Madison is doing well, she absolutely dotes on all 3 of her brothers like she is the mummy, but has this terribly whiny voice which I'm hoping passes soon (my MIL says it sounds like an air-raid siren,  laugh.gif ).  Lucas is going great.  We are loving this age with him (gee, I seem to say that every year).  You can have great conversations with him, he helps out with a lot of things and just seeing the world through his eyes is amazing.  He is obsessed with diggers and big machines, as well as trains, and is the blokiest of boys (just like his dad!).

hugs to everyone.

Love the idea about the photo's Heather...when I download our photo's from our trip away, I'll post a piccie.

#65 SLJ

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:19 AM

Happy Birthday

Ruby   (and Cooper)
Joshua
Grace

hugs Ellie, Kathy and Mel

waves.gif Sharyn. Yes they are growing way too fast!
Not much happening in here, most are now on FB and we keep up with everything there, but I still come in here occasionally.

Edited by SLJ, 17 November 2010 - 07:21 AM.

#66 SLJ

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:13 AM

Happy Birthday

Claire
Declan
Kyla
Miriam
Inndyannah

hugs Anne, Becky, Lauren, Anna and Nikki

Edited by SLJ, 22 November 2010 - 07:20 AM.

#67 SLJ

Posted 25 November 2010 - 07:29 AM

Happy Birthday

Eva
Claudia
Imogen
Austin

hugs Kellie, Heather, Tamieka and Joy

Edited by SLJ, 25 November 2010 - 07:30 PM.

#68 SLJ

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:37 AM

Happy Birthday

Ruby
Saxon
Hayden

hugs Sal, Susan, Sarah

#69 howie&charlie

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:06 AM

Its been very quiet in here hasnt it.

Everyone starting school?

Here is a picture of Mima on her first day today with her sisters  biggrin.gif

I looked for Jane and Lucy as I was sure they were going to the same school but I didnt see them.

#70 VJs Mummy

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

Hello all it has been a while since i have been on but i have just recently came back again lol,
Everything is going ok, I now need a house so hopefully something pops up soon, Hope everyone is well adn i do hope to re read through this chat thread and see how everyone is so firstly i will say congrats to all that went on to have other babies, and how is everyone coping with their 7 year old Vj has the attitude of a 17 year old and im still learning how to deal with it so any advice would be greatly appreciated hope you all well and i should be back now for good lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.