Krispy Kreme in Perth?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 wilichua

Posted 10 February 2010 - 02:18 PM

It was on 929 this morning and Baz mentioned that Krispy is here now at the Carousel.

Can anyone confirmed? i haven't been there for a while ....

#2 laughter

Posted 10 February 2010 - 02:21 PM

There is a donut shop there called Dreamy Donuts (I think, or something similar). THey are like Krispy Creme, but not the same.
Maybe that is what they were talking about.

ETA: Correct name of shop!

Edited by laughter, 10 February 2010 - 02:24 PM.

#3 steffijade81

Posted 10 February 2010 - 02:25 PM

Oh please let this be true hands.gif

LOL.... MMMmmmm... Krispy Kreme ahhhhh....

#4 lori~lee

Posted 10 February 2010 - 02:28 PM

Yeh...no!

Krispy Kreme has confirmed they are intending to open in WA at some point but there's no timeline and probably no definite plans. The website lists no WA stores. http://www.krispykreme.com.au/store/find so I'd presume he was talking about the shop PP mentioned, there's one in Carousel and one in Garden City or Boorogoon or somewhere.

#5 Alina0210

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:07 PM

Nope no Kristy Kremes in WA... Dreamy Donuts try but they arent the same... sad.gif the traditional which i LOVE in Krispy Kremes arent as nice in Dreamy Donuts they still have the fatty after taste like Dunkin Donuts etc..

The only Dreamy Donut one i like is the Musk Stick one...

#6 Mummymoo

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:24 PM

Dreamy Donuts and Krispy Kreme you can not even compare lets hope they do open one in Carousel as it's close to my home Yummo.

There is some issues I know with them opening here as Donut King or one of the Donut places in WA is owned by the same company and there was some legal reason for it taking so long for them to get permission and have stores here.

#7 PurpleWitch

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:03 PM

Do KK do a cheesecake flavoured donut?

#8 rainbowdolphin

Posted 10 February 2010 - 08:07 PM

anyone know if qld has krispy kreme's? we are going to cairns but if none there we are doing a flight stopover in sydney so thinking i might get them at the airport instead lol i havent had a kk in years

#9 Jupiter

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:32 PM

Didn't someone mention here once that Krispy Kreme would put doughnuts on the Sydney-Perth flight for you, to be collected at the airport?

#10 2~gorgeous~boys

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE (Jupiter @ 10/02/2010, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Didn't someone mention here once that Krispy Kreme would put doughnuts on the Sydney-Perth flight for you, to be collected at the airport?

I was going to say the same thing.  They mentioned it in an old post of mine.  Will see if I can find the member.

#11 Janibe

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:31 AM

rainbowdolphin - KK are in Queensland. We grab some at Brisbane Airport just before flying out. Well my sister did - I find them very overrated  sad.gif

#12 2~gorgeous~boys

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:33 AM

You girls mustn't know you can actually order from KK and get them sent on the plane - you have to go pickup from airport. My friend does it - gets about 10 dozen between her and friends.

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...showuser=143036

#13 mamilli

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:00 PM

Speaking of doughnuts, have you tried the ones at the drive-thru place at the corner of orrong road and fransisco st (carlisle i think, maybe vic park) just before orrong becomes grahama farmer? i absolutely luv them.

didn't think much of dreamy donuts. and omg, if kk came to perth... heavenly!

#14 Guest_cathode_*

Posted 11 February 2010 - 12:16 PM

Seriously F*ck KK.

Petition to get a Tim Horton's here!

#15 mybabymonsters

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:13 AM

Yum...Krispy Kreme.  My SIL brings them over from Melbourne when she visits.

Dreamy donuts cannot compare.

My favourite donuts come from Puffin Fresh....the only one I know of that is around is at Armadale Shopping Centre.

#16 the4rugrats

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:40 AM

mmmmm Krispy Kreme

#17 Mummymoo

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:17 AM

I know the people who own Puffin Fresh in Armadale Kaz there is also one at Belmont and yes I would have to say some of there products are quite scrummy.

#18 reneelovescraig

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:27 PM

My sister told me that KK doughnuts are now at her local Woolies in Brisbane! No fair!

#19 StudyMuffin

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:29 PM

Was coming home from a flight from Melbourne a couple of weeks ago and this lady comes on board with a box of Krispy Kreme donuts. Was quite funny.  

I've never had one. Not a huge doughnut fan.

#20 allthiseffortpaidoff

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:42 AM

No Krispy Kreme here...
The franchisor isn't interested in expanding when he makes so much $$$ from 2 states!

#21 Wild Strawberry

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:24 AM

Ewww KK. Way too sweet.

We used to live near a KK in Sydney and when they opened we used to go there a bit but it was more the case that we could go and get KK at midnight LOL (The freedom you have pre kids!!!).

#22 Cat12

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:31 AM

Was coming home from a flight from Melbourne a couple of weeks ago and this lady comes on board with a box of Krispy Kreme donuts. Was quite funny.

This might have been my sister Millipede... we flew home from Melbourne a few weeks ago and she had a box of KK's for "her kids"  biggrin.gif  

Cat

#23 Alina0210

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:52 PM

Only 1 box?? when a friend go and visits melbourne... when he comes back he usually comes back with 4 boxes... LOL

#24 mybabymonsters

Posted 03 March 2010 - 06:12 PM

Krispy Kreme's are sold in petrol stations in Melbourne.

Cherie...Tell your friends that they are never allowed to close their donut shop. biggrin.gif  YUM!!

#25 laughter

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:07 PM

allthiseffortpaidoff That just doesnt make sense. What business wouldn't want to make more money.
They need to franchise out to WA!!!!
When we came back from Melbourne last year, my girlfriend and I bought back 6 boxes - they freeze really well too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.