#1 Sandra

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:11 AM

New thread time ladies

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=759005

#2 Titania

Posted 12 February 2010 - 11:57 AM

Wow, this empty thread has been sitting here for ages. :/

Good luck for the house Lynny!

Wow Kay - sounds hectic! What a pain that the photography centre got the dates wrong!
Good luck for the job - what is it?
You do know that Hippy Hippy Shakes is me - and not just some randpom FBer right? grin.gif

Kirsten - Weds is my birthday and am being taken out for lunch. I could do something in the arvo - but can't go too far from home - so I imagine that's no good to you.

Me - meh, too busy to be here lol. Still need to get a cleaner/assistant.
Did have a lovely time at beach with boys this morn though - they swam way out. original.gif

Edited by Titania, 12 February 2010 - 12:03 PM.

#3 Titania

Posted 12 February 2010 - 08:07 PM

Threadkiller?

Sorry... sad.gif

#4 Kay1

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:47 PM

Not you T  - that's the pace atm!

Stress here.....can't chat.

#5 Kay1

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:48 PM

Oh and yes I know you are HHS LOL. I just had a few wierd requests and was deleting them and I am a fan already.... unsure.gif

#6 bellemae

Posted 13 February 2010 - 07:58 PM

Hiya guys! biggrin.gif

Hope you get the house Lynny

Kay Somehow I missed that you were going to NZ! (Sorry, self absorbed!) When are you off? And for how long?? Sounds Fabulous!!

T Good to hear things are busy, in that, I guess being busy implies business is doing well IYKWIM original.gif

All going well here!  biggrin.gif Kai got an award at school assembly for Star of the Week, and has his picture on the front door of his class room with stars all around and a big 'star of the week' sign. He was SOOO proud!!! As was I. Had a good chat to his teacher in the afternoon and she said he has been a delight in class, always quiet, always attentive, doing what he's told etc original.gif VERY VERY happy that he's doing so well.

#7 Kay1

Posted 13 February 2010 - 09:11 PM

Awesome Belle biggrin.gif

#8 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:39 PM

waves.gif

thanks original.gif  still no news yet - I'm not feeling very optimistic about it cry1.gif

back a bit later - I need to go and have a shower while the kids are at school!

#9 ~3boysmummy~

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:08 PM

Hello  waves.gif

#10 mummy_to_b

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:17 PM

waves.gif  Hi  waves.gif

#11 Starbuck

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:56 PM

OK, so meeting up is not a go for most people. I will have to catch up with everyone later in the year.

I feel like I need to contribute something more to the thread than a hello. But the only things I have atm are

- I currently have some stomach thing, not sure if it is gastro or just a couple of bad eggs yesterday and today. (I was ok this morning again until I ate my egg sandwich for lunch, which was a shame cause it was a really nice egg sandwich.)

- The girl who is Alyssia's best friend who is annoying and bossy and caused heaps of the little girl drama (and whose mother is a fruit cake and thinks none of it is her kids fault), who had left to go to another school has returned. We and some of the other parents of the little girls in the group are a bit dissapointed. Plus, I made the mistake of saying in passing that A does drama and now she wants her daughter to go too.
We had thought we had gotten rid of the frustrations this mother and daughter hold and now they are back. blah.

Oh dear, Alyssia is busy explaining to Rosalie why she has to eat, "cause other wise you'll get a big tube down your nose into your stomach". Plus, if Alyssia keeps eating her food she will get fat and Rosie won't and she doesn't want that to happen.
*Sigh* Rosie needs me at the table to help her eat so I'd better go...

ciao lovelies.

#12 mirandarine

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:25 AM

Quick drop in and hello, couldnt go by without a shout out to Kirsten ...

bbighug.gif  wub.gif  bbighug.gif

Im sorry things are crappy in so many areas atm. I hope something positive comes your way soon. x

#13 Starbuck

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:56 PM

Hi Miranda.  waves.gif Thanks for the kind words.
And on that front... everyone was most impressed with Rosie and me at clinic, she had put on 2 kilos!!!! ddance.gif  After over 18 months of zero weight gain that was awesome! Plus, they think she is going really, really well. Though of course she was fine yesterday at clinic then last night she started coughing and has been coughing non-stop since.  rolleyes.gif

But anyway, 2 kilos in 3 months.  ddance.gif  ddance.gif  eexcite.gif  eexcite.gif

#14 Starbuck

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:59 PM

OMG Miranda. I just noticed your byline. Going for number 3. Gender swaying a boy I presume? tthumbs.gif Good luck. I hope a  BFP.gif comes for you soon.  biggrin.gif

#15 bellemae

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:38 PM

Kirsten That's fabulous news on Rosies weight gain  eexcite.gif  Sorry so many things have been crappy atm, hoping the positive clinic visit helped put a little happy spin on things. Eeek, and I hope Rosies cough settles down asap!!

OMG Miranda Going for #3 original.gif  Good Luck with the gender swaying. How do you do it(the swaying, not the deed!), if you don't mind me asking?

All going well here. Kai has caught the bus to school the last two days without us meeting him there to see him off to class. We now just pop him on the bus in the morning and head into school in the arvo to pick him up. Feels very strange, but he's fine with it and doing well. Good timing too as I've just started back at uni (and Matt's back next week), so we'll be quite busy I'd say. Had his first home-reader today original.gif WAY too easy for him (she hasn't assessed them yet), but he had fun with it. The other kids didn't get one, he only got one today as he was sooo keen to get started. He read it to me about 5 times, a few times forwards, then a few purposefully mixing the words around as he read to make it sound silly - too cute!

better be off....dishes are calling  cry1.gif

#16 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:42 AM

Oh wow congrats on TTC #3 Miranda - hope it happens soon! original.gif

Tash - YAY at having keys! tthumbs.gif

Kirsten - so glad to hear about Rosie's weight gain happy.gif  Sending you big hhugs.gif for all the other stuff you're going through

Belle - you sure Kai wasnt born in 2004 - he sounds like one clever and confident little chook! ffear.gif happy.gif

sorry that'll do for now - I am shattered this morning yyawn.gif  About to throw the kids in the shower and then I'm heading out to a local park with the girl over the road.

Quick question..  are all the septemberries in booster seats at the moment?  At one stage I had trouble finding one that was easy to use so I stopped puttig Damian in it - he is such a big boy I didnt think it mattered too much shrug.gif unsure.gif anywho with the new laws coming in I went out and got a new one yesterday - it actually anchors down in the car which is great and it's not that bulky that he needs help to get into it.  tthumbs.gif It's also got those little bits next to the head which I think is good for those long trips in the car when he dozes off.  In the past I've avoided seats with these side head bits because it just ads to the bulk.  

Not entirely sure what we're going to do when #3 arrives - how the heck do you fit 3 kid seats in the back of a car!?  The Jag is def. out - the backseat is just too small and there's a hump in the middle seat so not quite suitable for a child seat huh.gif The ford is okay for now but I guess we'll have to upgrade to a 4WD/Range Rover at some stage??

bah gotta run, look at the time!

waves.gif to everyone! original.gif

#17 Starbuck

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:47 AM

Lynny re seats, In the main car Rosie is in a Maxi rider still using the 5 point harness. Alyssia is in a Hiliner with an adjustable head rest/back, using a lap/sash belt. The seat plugs into the car. She is 7.5 but only 21 kgs.

In the hatchback, Alyssia is in a new babylove seat (it has better guide points for the lap/sash belt and bigger side bits for a side crash)/ Rosie is in a Hiliner that plugs into the car.

In Mum's car Rosie is in an old babylove foam booster but some of the guides for the belt are broken and so it has to go on a certain side.

I have only just bought the hatchback new seats cause of the new laws and I was worried c ause I was never comfortable with A in no seat and R in a not so good one. (She was in the old toddler booster seat till about 6-8 months ago).

I was concerned in Sydney though with the taxis. They only provide a seat if the child is under one. I hope they change that when the laws come in. I mean , how is a toddler supposed to sit with just the adult seat belt.  wacko.gif

#18 mirandarine

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:04 AM

Seats- Charlotte is in a Pegasus Deluxe booster with the lap-sash belt. I was using the H harness with it until recently, however have been told it is no longer advisable. C is now 24kgs....

Z is 8yrs and def in the big seat ( @40 kgs) and has been for about 2.5/3 yrs ish.

Belle- How cute and so grown up of Kai on the bus. I just wub.gif the bus. Makes life so much easier.  With the gender swaying- Im following some advice from the TTC buddy group gender swayers. I have to admit I've not gone to the a-gender website and ordered a personalised plan, however since reading the recommended diet for a boy and that for a girl, I have realised I naturally eat the girl diet perfectly! So I am basically followong the boy diet as much as possible and DTD the way they recommend for a boy ( the only fun bit in the whole scenario!) LOL blush.gif we decided that we would like another child either way, so its just a bit of wishful thinking to do it this way, however the gender swayers group on here and the a gender website seem to have some pretty good results.

Mel- it ws actually you having Eddie that got the ball rolling so to speak ( certainly no pun intended there!) I like you had previously said, NO MORE BABIES for me! However when you fell pregnant with Eddie, I guess it was a little shock to my system and I started having clucky boy thoughts. And of course he is so adorable, I cant help but imagine what a boy of my own would be like.  I have thought for a very long time about it, trying to be sure that it is another baby I would like or simply a boy; I have come to believe I would be happy either way and am looking forward to it all happening now.

That said, I must have eaten something that didnt agree with me yesterday and had awful wee bum and vomiting for an hour or so, all I could think of was M/S and how much I dont want to go back there!!!

ASM- We went to Bundaberg for a little 3 day holiday last weekend. It was my Aunties wedding ( after 22 yrs, and 2 children, they decided the relationship is for keeps! hehehe)
I have never been there before and always thought of it as being a bum-town,  not my style, no thoughts of ever visiting etc. Boy was I amazed! The drive for here to there is lovely- gorgeous scenery nice roads. The shops and towns along the way were like taking a step back in time. In Childers, we stopped for lunch; going into a coffee house. Three blue-rinsed pinny wearing ladies behind the counter serving mixed sandwiches on a plate for $4.00... I of course ordered a vanilla malted milshake served in the milkshake metal cup and savoured every drop. What simple and enjoyable service.
My mum came to our house for a visit on her drive back south home. She left early this morning before I had woken up. I miss her already! That is what I miss most about living here; the closeness of family and how lovely it is to have her pop in for a cuppa; watch the kids so I can shop in peace etc....

I am having a pj day today. I still feel tender-tummied after last nights ill episode. Both girls are at school and for the first time in I-dont-know-how-long, I have a child free day to myself as I have today off work. Hurrah!

#19 Titania

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:23 AM

Go Miranda!!!  original.gif

Lynny - Lor's still in Maxi Rider with 5point harness.

Get a Volvo XC90 - you can fit 3 seats - but also there is an integrated booster seat in the middle - which is adequate for the new laws. wink.gif

#20 Titania

Posted 19 February 2010 - 11:24 AM

Kirsten - I've had both the boys in car seats in a taxi. If you ring and book - they should supply a booster...

#21 ~3boysmummy~

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:13 PM

Miranda, WTG on TTC. You can borrow my husband. Almost guarenteed a boy then!! rolleyes.gif  

Kirsten, Yay on Rosie's 2kgs. Must be such a relief.  original.gif Have fun on your Sydney trip. When are you going to make a Newcastle one. We have everything you need here!! hehehehe

Lynny, Both my older boys are in a safe and sound hi-liner. They are very narrow seats and one of the safest boosters around. Matt is nearly the same size as Brendon so no problems him fitting the booster properly. hahaha. They have adjustable head rest, anti sub and seat belt guide. I can fit the 2 boosters and a baby seat no problems.

Belle, That is such great news Kai is going so well at school. Must be a relief for you after all the worrying you did.  biggrin.gif  I am starting to worry if Matt will be ready to go next year. Now if they had a advanced course in sand castle building I am sure he would be at the top of his class. hahaha. He is just so not interested in anything to do with school work. Tounge1.gif

Better be off. I got my new laptop today. It is like a new toy!! hehehehe. I am sure the excitment will wear off fast as it is meant to do work with.  rolleyes.gif

ciao

#22 sotetno

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:11 PM

Congrats on trying again Miranda.  I don't want to know that I was the idea behind a third.  Tounge1.gif  It is a lot easier this time around now that I'm resigned to no sleep and 24 hour dependency for 12 months minimum but oh my goodness the 6 wakes a night is catching up with me.  Don't wish it on anyone.  Good luck with the gender swaying.  In case you didn't know Ernie is a girl based on DTD and diet rolleyes.gif and Eddie should possibly have been a girl based on Atti wearing tight rfitting, hot full body radiation suits for the week around his conception wink.gif

Lynny - we have three seats across the back of a Hyundai Elantra.  One convertible child seat (still facing backwards) for Eddie and two boosters like your new one for the bigger boys.  We simply do not undo the belt buckles for the bigger boys and make them slide into the seat belts each time they get in the car.  Much easier than trying to stuff hands into small spaces to get the belts done up. You can also get seat belt extenders to raise the buckle bit up higher if you have a common type of car, but haven't found one for the Excel yet.  

Belle - sounds like Kai is having a ball of a time.  At least with Tien already going you won't have to deal with the surprise of school holidays like I did with Nick.  He had a meltdown the first time he found out he had to go two weeks without going to school!

I know Kay is in New Zealand (see I do read everyday, I just don't post blush.gif) but just had to post to her saying something that I've been meaning to say for about a month.  Basically Nate is reading at the same level as Nick as far as I can see and Nick is considered a little above normal (not way out there, just better than most in his class) for his Yr 1 class.  I'd definitely call Nate WAY above average for his age.  biggrin.gif

Kirsten - sorry I missed you on Wednesday.  As you will see below I have no spare time at the moment and everyone around me is being neglected.  

Us - Eddie is 6.5 months now.  My clever little man started crawling at 5.5 months, standing at 5.75 months and is now cruising the furniture easily.  I am gobsmacked and thankful all at once.  So glad he can move around on his own and get to stuff at his will.  Makes my life a little easier. He is a crap sleeper like his brothers, but at least third time around I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, even if I know it's 4-5 months away.  

Ernie is coming along in leaps and bounds.  I found out today at playgroup that he can write Eddie as well as Nick and Ernie.  I'm very impressed.  He is such a clever boy at playing quietly, thinking things through and planning stuff.  He loves jigsaw puzzles, drawing and playing picnics with his teddies.  

Nick is still loud and proud.  He makes me happy everyday with how much he loves school and his friends and annoys me each and every day with his noisiness and bossiness.   original.gif  Both the older boys are such a big help with Eddie too.  They carry him around with them while they are playing and tell me when he wakes up when I'm out in the garden and just generally are very helpful.  

The reason I am so glad Eddie can amuse himself is that I am flat out gardening.  Trying to get my whole front garden done by 28th Feb (1.5 weeks away) in time for Eddie's christening.  We have dug out and laid a gravel garden at the very front, dug a pond and steam, lined and coverd that with rocks at the far end near the house and built a wooden entrance gate in the middle.  It's getting close to finished - I think just stepping stones and mulch still to be laid.  

Also with Nick back at school, I'm busy with volunteering at canteen, reading and maths groups and also put my hand up to be P&C secretary.  So I keep myself busy.  Am very much looking forward to March when I hope I get a days rest sometime.

#23 mhjemma

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:31 PM

Lovely to see our thread moving along today biggrin.gif Inspired me to post (*please be aware that I am brain dead today though, so not much in the way of entertaining reading!)

Lynny - Caius has recently moved into the Hi-Liner booster: anchored to car, lap-sash seatbelt, guides and anti-sub clip. Soooo much easier than the 5 point harness, annoying because he can now lean forward to reach the power windows...up...down...up ...down.... Pops my ears when we're on the freeway!!!! There's a thread in the car restraints section about fitting 3 seats across the back.

Kirsten - YAY on Rosie's weight gain biggrin.gif You should be due for a trip down to Melbourne again...yes?...please?

Belle - I know Kai is your son, but I am soooooo proud of how well he is going at school. I love hearing about his achievements (star of the week is VERY special biggrin.gif ) Love the school bus working out too biggrin.gif

Miranda - Have fun TTC wink.gif Good luck with the gender swaying. I have heard of success stories, and then some not but I can imagine it will be exciting to try.

Mel - SLOW DOWN!!! I have been watching your garden's progress through your photos on FB. The garden is looking fantastic. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Karen - New laptop...lucky girl biggrin.gif As for Matty being ready for school, there is a whole (almost) year to go. He will be fine! I know how much Caius has changed/grown in the last 12 months. The next 12 months are going to blow me away!! As for not being interesting in school-type stuff, there's no rush...that's what school is for!!

AFM - I have had work in dribs and drabs...3 days last week, only 1 this week, and only 1 lined up so far for next week. I SOOOOO need to work!! Not just for the money, but for the stimulation! I am going stir-crazy at home! No, the house isn't immaculate (like so many people are assuming). There is no way to adequately describe my hatred of housework...and my DH is worse than useless at helping out. All I seem to do is wander around aimlessly, read books, and crack the poos!!!! BUT, it is only another month and a bit before I go full time....watch me whinge and moan about working then! Tounge1.gif I guess I just like to complain!

My mental state is up and down atm, but I am trying to be positive and happy. I get very sad that Caius is still an only child, and worry that he might never have a brother or sister. Only time will tell on that though so I am reminding myself that dwelling on it is not going to change anything and I will make the best of whichever way life goes. Not TTC until mid-year at the earliest, so there is no reason to be sad yet!!

Sorry, had to get that out as it has been festering in my head a bit lately...

Thank you all so much for being wonderful friends. I love knowing that you are all easy to reach if I need a chat, ot a kick up the behind..or just to let me ramble on about my crazy head crap!!

Love you all
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

#24 Starbuck

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:10 PM

Mardi   hhugs.gif
I so wish I could come to Melbourne!!! It won't happen for quite a while yet.  sad.gif

Belle I am so pleased that Kai is doing well at school. I know what a big decision it was for you, with lots of people disagreeing with accelerating him (and kids in general). It was clearly absolutely the best decision for him. How wonderful he got an award. They are so cute and proud at that age  wub.gif

Mel OMG you are a busy woman. The photos do look great of your garden. Oh and oomg.gif at your early starter. I wonder when he'll start walking?

In terms of meeting up with Sydney people. I plan to have a 'Kirsten long weekend' in Sydney in the next 2 months. Maybe some of you Sydney gals could leave your kids with your partners and meet up somewhere?

Rosie has taken to copy Alyssia when she is angry, so now we get 2 children telling us they hate us and want to kill us.  ffear.gif  sad.gif  The joys of parenthood...
Speaking of, I have to go help get these kids into the shower. DH is watching the cricket, I am on here, the kids are ?

Bye all

#25 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:30 PM

Ah crap - I can't get away with just saying hi! lol.

Miranda - good luck!  Boys are yummy.  I love Hannah to bits, but Toby is just something completely different... he is all those warm and sweet and snuggly things.  I am so glad we ended up with a boy.

Lynny - we have a half-seat in the car for when we have a third child (we have an extra for kinder runs sometimes) but you should be able to squeeze 3 in if they are not overly big seats.

Mel - I love your new sig!  They boys are gorgeous!  Wow - 6.5 months and cruising! ohmy.gif

Sorry - short and sweet from me.  We are all healthy for basically the first time this year, but just absolutely flat out.  On top of catching up on all the work I fell behind on while I was sick, my business website has been hacked, so at the moment if anyone visits it, they get a malware warning.  This is the second time in about 8 days this has happened. *sigh*

Anyway, I am off to bed.  Night!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.