Tupperware #64

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
313 replies to this topic

#51 jessde

Posted 17 February 2010 - 12:46 PM

thank you so much! was hard work!!

#52 Elemenopee

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:18 PM

Adelaide sessions was LOUD! Well done Jessde, awesome work!
We had a bit of a stuff up, they didn't really say when level 4's were going up for higher levels to go too. Or maybe it was my distributorship's fault, were we supposed to have a level 4, level 3, level 2 sticker??? Don't know, I'm a newbie!
I just know, there were heaps of us at the end who had missed out on getting the level 4 gift so they had to go out the back and find them for us. The girl next to me was level 2, and she hadn't gone on stage for level 3 and level 4, and she was supposed to have.
Hope that makes sense.
And, I just want to add, the celeb is  laughing2.gif  biggrin.gif

#53 RedTulip

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:23 PM

kymbahlee - Yep - you were supposed to have a sticker for each level and go up each time original.gif So three times if you got Level 4, 3 and 2. Well ours had a sticker for each level  unsure.gif

The cooking demo was fa. I don't think I have laughed that much for a long time roll2.gif roll2.gif Should have checked to make sure it was cooked Tounge1.gif

Go ULTIMATE biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#54 jessde

Posted 17 February 2010 - 03:29 PM

blush.gif

thanks kymbahlee!

#55 Elemenopee

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:41 PM

Ok it was the 'ships fault then. They only stuck on the highest level we achieved, not the lower ones. All good at the end though. I'm with Classic, I felt sorry for Metro for not having many chances to stand up, and sorry for you guys cause you spent half the day standing! Those NT girls did awesome.

#56 jessde

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:56 PM

i felt bad for Metro too. but i reckon they did well at last Sessions, so maybe it goes in cycles. my nemesis was Metro... grrr. NT are amazing. they always kick our butts...!

#57 *Mindy*

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:00 PM

March preview ... bleh....

I did a mystery host party today atm its 996 which is fab, i don't normally have high sale parties this is my 2nd best! i was hoping for another order but has not yet come and so have put off drawing the mystery host till i get it!

#58 jessde

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:06 PM

go Mindy! great work ... biggrin.gif

#59 BlueEyedBeauties

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:11 PM

Hi ladies... I need some help please!! I think I am right, but need to make sure!

My hostess got $806 in sales and 2 party dates. Aiming for Alegra Summer Collection.. I advised my host she would get it at her 2nd party...
Her 1st party didnt make $500 in sales, so i added an outside order to help her get her gifts... which is no worries.
The 2nd party was cancelled and 'she' turned it into a catalogue party.. I received the orders today for just $250.90.

I sent a message to my original host saying she didnt qualify for the hostess gifts as her 2nd party did not reach the $500 min. (which I told her it had to be at the 1st demonstration)...

So - my question -
AM I RIGHT IN NOT GIVING HER THE ALEGRA COLLECTION...
(she is a 'so called friend' that has come back in a very formal and agressive manner via email to tell me that its not right to do this).

One part of me says just give it to her and move on.. and the other part says No Way!!

what would you do? And am I right?

thanks ladies... sorry its short, im just very angry, upset and annoyed over this!

#60 jessde

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:13 PM

hi there ... it's my understanding that they need two party "bookings" not two successful parties. i don't think you can withhold the host gift based on one of the parties not doing well.

#61 BlueEyedBeauties

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:21 PM

all the cats and previews just say 2 party dates held within 21 days.. but why is everything else a $500 party minimum???
And would you class a catalogue party as a 'party' towards hostess gifts?

#62 jessde

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:27 PM

the $500 party minimum is in reference to their OWN party in order to get thank you gifts. they can get the thank you gifts if their own party sales exceed $500 - that make sense?

the two dates (and applicable sales) is to qualify for the host gift specials. all that is specified is that there are two parties booked within 21 days. if the two party dates reschedule/cancel, there is no onus on the original host who got the host gift special to find you another party. you can appeal to their good nature and ask them to help you find another party, but they don't have any obligation to. the $500 has nothing to do with future dates.

i personally wouldn't count a catalogue party towards the two dates - but would depend how busy I was or desperate I was for sales! you can't get future dates from catalogue parties really. and you can't demo products in order to get the maximum sales possible.

#63 jessde

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:29 PM

if it was me - i'd go back to the original host and let her know that you'd love another few party leads if she could give you some... then you can ring a few people and try for some parties. leave her out of it if she's already peeved off...

#64 Elemenopee

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:33 PM

From my understanding, nowhere does it say that the party must reach $500 to be classed succesful. It is just 2 parties booked and held. Not sure how it works being a catalogue party though.
I would be giving her the gift.

#65 RedTulip

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:49 PM

What ~jessde~ said. I've never held a HGS ransom until the 2nd party booking. I don't 'do' catalogue parties anymore. We aren't supposed too anyway as far as I knew. I've had a few parties turn bad/cancelled that were party bookings for HGS but there isn't a lot you can really do.

I've never ever heard of the bookings having to reach $500 minimum blink.gif  I would def give her the HGS biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#66 BlueEyedBeauties

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:17 PM

I have spoken to the host. I am giving her the gift as she is someone I know from years ago... but did explain to her that as her 2nd party wasnt held and only a cat party that I have the choice to give it or not give it... So she is happy that she is getting it and also understands I dont have to type thing...

I just apologised and explained i was wrong with what I told her.. and im glad she did bring it up cause I have always thought that was the case (as everywhere else states that a party isnt a party until it reaches $300 min sales etc)..

but anyway - problem solved... Im just going to try and push the catalogue sales a bit more as she isnt far from getting a $30 voucher... so see how we go!

#67 Mum2_bjr

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:35 PM

BlueEyedBeauties had this same problem late last year sad.gif

Edited by Mum2_bjr, 18 February 2010 - 02:57 PM.

#68 BlueEyedBeauties

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:25 PM

Totally agree... cause if people catch onto this, they could book 2 parties, make you turn up and just not buy anything, or very little... which makes them qualify so we have to pay out on hostess gifts...
I dont mind giving gifts where they are due, but if party mins dont stay at an average of $300 +, it will cost us a fortune giving out all these gifts and not getting sales etc...
I havent had issues previously as all my parties have been $500 plus, but I can see a loop hole there that needs to be clarified!

#69 RedTulip

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:04 PM

I'd like to know where it states that it isn't a party unless it reaches $300???  

I've had big parties, and I've had small. I think they all average out anyway. So much of muchness for me personally.

We were told catalogue parties are a big no-no and this is regularly reinforced at our 'ship. Hosts don't qualify for TYGs or HGS. Just a 'gift' that you as a demonstrator pay for themselves. They are more 'order collectors' and are only used in big weeks, like RBW. You don't get leads or parties from catalogue 'parties' usually. So I avoid them at all costs as they are usually a dead end. Our products need to be demonstrated for people to realise their value IMHO.

As for adding our own terms to HGS, at the end of the day it is YOUR business and you can make your own business decisions. We were told we can, but can't enforce and it's really up to your own judgement.

Even if it is a small party and very little sales, you still might get a party booking or two from it (so they can get their own freebies instead of paying) and you very well may get recruit leads which turn into recruits. I've never ever cancelled a party for not having enough people there. I had one party with just 4 people and it was $1300 in sales - less people doesn't always = less sales original.gif

Talking about said 'loophole' as you've referred to it as isn't probably the greatest idea on a public forum...  wink.gif

#70 jessde

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:06 PM

I had a party that didn't even reach $200 in sales, but got two party bookings as a result and am still reaping the thread now, some four months down the track!

#71 gimmeguitars

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:18 PM

I can see what she means, it's unfair to be giving away gifts after spending all that time at the party AWAY from family, only to end up losing money when parties don't hold etc

It's driving me nuts how people SAY they want parties but never do. Why not just say you're not interested. Oh and order stuff and then cancel.... urgh

Used the Citrus wonder tonight. Love it.

#72 ~CheerBear~

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:21 PM

With the parties we have been told that it is only considered a party at $300 and they receive only the $30 thankyou.
When the party reaches $400 they receive the $30 thank you ad the $40 host gift.

#73 abeni

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:37 PM

Ive been told that a party is a party as long as you go and show the tupperware to 2 or more people in a demonstration.  Obviously sales under $300 suck, but thats when you need to call up people and get outside orders to boost sales up, and get the host to do the same, offering a small gift (such as a tea towel or jar opener) if she can get say another $100 worth of orders.  TBH I think if your holding gifts ransom and telling people their party isnt a party because they havent had high sales they will just call up and find a new demonstrator, and you're losing both business and reputation as they will tell their friends about it too.

#74 jessde

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:44 PM

totally agree abeni. you can't tell people how much they need to have in sales. they need to feel like they can relax and enjoy the experience, not push their friends to buy stuff.

#75 ~CheerBear~

Posted 18 February 2010 - 07:15 AM

The only downside to not holding a HG til the 2nd party holds is people can call up and cancel and then you are down a party or 2 and have lost the HG that costs you money. This has happened to me several times and my manager tld me to hold my HG til after the 2 have been held.
Saying all that when I have parties now I still ca't hold of the HG til parties are held.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.