Need a catchy business name for website...
I am stumped - can anyone help out with ideas?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#26 PeptiBandit

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:42 PM

Natural Oasis?
Hollistic Oasis?

I love the word Oasis original.gif

#27 Nora.

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:45 PM

I'm not a fan of anything with holistic in it, I don't know why...but it would turn me off.

I like nonasties. Don't forget, when looking for a domain name, you can use a hyphen. I have a fairly popular site that has a hypen in it. no-nasties.com.au is free original.gif

#28 pod30

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:50 PM

So assuming Naturally/Healthly domains are gone how about?

"Innocent Health"

"Pure & Innocent"

#29 precious1

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:56 PM

Natural Oasis?
Hollistic Oasis?

I love the word Oasis original

I love the word Oasis too...

Unfortunately Natural Oasis - maybe too close to a huge business here on the Sunshine Coast - "The Natural Foodstore - Your Organic Oasis" They are way to big to contend with and when I do eventually have my shopfront this will clash terribly. That and I know them quite well too.

Holistic Oasis is pretty well sewn up too...

I like nonasties. Don't forget, when looking for a domain name, you can use a hyphen. I have a fairly popular site that has a hypen in it. no-nasties.com.au is free

Unfortunately this would be way to close to be ethical and the site sells similar stuff too.
It may also be a shop front eventually too.
I'm not a fan of anything with holistic in it, I don't know why...but it would turn me off.

You are not the only one that has told me that either - the word 'holistic' is a scary word to many.

#30 precious1

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:02 PM

What about ...
"Oasis of Purity"

and still
"Oasis of Wellness" - I could have subcategories of Oasis Of Purity, Oasis of Health, Oasis for Pets etc then...
or categories of Health Oasis, Pet Oasis, Beauty Oasis, Purity Oasis...

Edited by precious1, 25 February 2010 - 08:07 PM.

#31 precious1

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:20 PM

Hmmm,
I may have solved my dilemma  biggrin.gif

Ironically this name I had already written down with all the options a few months ago when I was going to purchase an existing premise that I was going to adapt and change the name.

I am not sure why I even overlooked it  rolleyes.gif

So what do you all think...

Oasisofwellness.com.au
- with different categories like Health Oasis, Pet Oasis, Beauty Oasis, Organic Oasis, Natural Oasis etc

How does that sound?

Not too corny or scary to anyone?
Do you think the spelling of the words are OK for most to handle (webname)?

Thanks all for your help - I can't believe I have just done a full circle without realizing it  ddoh.gif

#32 lucky 2

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:23 PM

Boundless Energy

Crude food

Vim and Vigor

Oh, you've got it sorted, I'll stop now. I love making up names.
Good luck!

Edited by luckytwo, 25 February 2010 - 08:26 PM.

#33 BadCat

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:39 PM

Oasisofwellness.com.au
- with different categories like Health Oasis, Pet Oasis, Beauty Oasis, Organic Oasis, Natural Oasis etc

I like that.  I think the categories fit really well.  Good luck with it all.

#34 chloemo

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:50 PM

Just how it's meant to be. (to long)

What about something like: Green Apples, Bees knee's, Carrot stick, Simply seedy.
Lavender lane, sorry but you know what Im getting at, well maybe not.

Not good at this either I hope you find a name.

Just right.

Oasis is grand makes you think of holidays, peace, serenity.
Very good, its funny how that happens, the full circle.

Goodluck with your business.

Edited by chloemo, 25 February 2010 - 08:54 PM.

#35 ~Perplexity~

Posted 25 February 2010 - 08:57 PM

Sounds great.  All the best for your new business.

#36 CCLady

Posted 25 February 2010 - 09:39 PM

What about...

Its Only Natural

Play on the song?? Good luck!

#37 smudgiekiss

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:11 PM

Health Nut
Simply Pure

I think the word natural or naturally has been overused.  Stay away from it.

I quite like No Nasties.

#38 ktgrouch

Posted 26 February 2010 - 12:29 PM

I like 'oasis of wellness'. Does sound like a holiday or retreat though! lol.

'Mother Natural'?

Hope the business goes well for you!

#39 .Ally.

Posted 26 February 2010 - 03:10 PM

Keep in mind you may not be able to register (or trademark) generic names so lots of these may not be suitable business names - sorry!

I would choose something quite different with a slogan/tag line that sums up your business. That way it will stand out and have some personality among competitors. "Nudie" juice is a great example.

(It will also be expensive it will be to buy google ad words for generic terms like this but there's not much you can do about that!)

Good luck original.gif

#40 precious1

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:43 AM

Well I tried to register "Oasis of Wellness" last week and found out today it was rejected  sad.gif

So what do you think of 'Health Oasis"
or 'Oasis of Health'
or 'Oasis of Purity'

One of these may be available...

I am quite stuck on the "oasis" part though.

I think I may try for 'Health Oasis' first however the domain name .com.au is already taken (but not used)
I can get .net.au though - would that confuse people in your opinion. The .com is also bought but not used as well - it is actually for sale.

So - healthoasis.net.au - what do you think?

I may have to follow up on the .com.au domain as I thought in Australia you must own the registered name to be able to have the domain .com.au
As far as I am aware it is not actively registered in any state at the moment.
How do you get them to surrender it if they have acquired it without the proper authorisation - anyone had to do this before?

I have found out the domain owners name and who they used to register it - so maybe if I get the approval today I may be able to see how they registered the domain name without an Australian business match.

#41 Jembo

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:46 PM

I have found out the domain owners name and who they used to register it - so maybe if I get the approval today I may be able to see how they registered the domain name without an Australian business match.

I believe in Australia you dont have to have a registered business name to buy a domain name as well.

I believe the only way to get it if they would not sell it to you, is to have the trademark of that name.  IF they do sell it to you, they will try sell for lots, you get resellers who purchase lots of names then sell them on and it can cost you hundreds of dollars to get a domain name you want.

Really you want to own all the domain names associated with business, com.au. com, net etc,

#42 precious1

Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:01 PM

Just an update...

"Health Oasis" has been accepted.

I have also sourced the owner of the domain name healthoasis.com.au and spoken to the company that registered it for them.

It is true that they cannot own a .com.au or net.au (Australian site address) without owning the registered business name or Pty Ltd. The .com etc ones are the ones that can be bought at any stage and sold off for big bucks.

The domain company (reseller) has confirmed this and I can actually write to an legal entity au.da to get this name surrendered as they are not eligible to have been sold this name. They must give the appropriate matching business or entity number upon purchase for these particular domain names. It has been confirmed that they do not have this information on file and gave me the owner's contact details.

I have written the domain owner an email asking them what we can arrange and letting them know that they are not entitled to this name and should not have been able to purchase it at all. A very nice email and not as too the point as that sounds LOL

I have not heard back but will register the .net.au just in case.

I don't want to own all the domain names but really just the .com.au one as this is the one most people will think of using first.

#43 Jembo

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:44 PM

It is true that they cannot own a .com.au or net.au (Australian site address) without owning the registered business name or Pty Ltd.

Strange I brought my domain long before it was a registered business and it is a .com.au

#44 wilson99

Posted 04 March 2010 - 01:29 PM

to own a .com.au it needs to be related in some way to the ABN which is registering it. ie the owner of healthoasis.com.au may have an ABN for health retreat or something similar. Or it could be that when they registered the domain name, there was no registered business name with that. Sorry, but I think you will find that they are completely entitled to own the domain name even if they dont have the business name.

#45 pollyputthekettleon

Posted 08 March 2010 - 08:27 AM

It is true that they cannot own a .com.au or net.au (Australian site address) without owning the registered business name or Pty Ltd.

It used to be true. For a long while you could only register a .com.au that was the same as your legal name, registered business name or company name. They were quite strict too - no adding bits on or taking bits off.

Now though, you can register your business name and any other name with a "significant link" to your business. This can be the name of a product or service that your business provides, and that doesn't have to be registered or trademarked. A couple of years ago the laws were also changed to include generic words (like cat.com.au or tables.com.au).

It is very difficult to prove that you have more of a legal entitlement to the name than the person who registered it, especially if you have registered your business name after they registered the domain. If you could indicate that you'd been operating under this name for a number of years and that they were misleading your potential customers by having the domain registered, or if you had a registered trademark of the name (within the same category that they are trading in), you'd have more luck. In your case, if they don't want to give up their domain name and they can give some evidence that they have a reasonable link to the name, it is very unlikely that you'll be able to take ownership of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.