40 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 01 March 2010 - 07:32 AM

New thread time ladies

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=748291

#2 ~my2beautifulbabies~

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:24 AM

GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, how long has it been, and I pop in and grab gold......noice!!!   wink.gif   tongue.gif

Hope u r all well.  Off to catch-up on previous thread......

Olivia

original.gif

#3 Fizzle

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:08 PM

Silver,

Hope you are all doing good. It's been very quiet recently

#4 oli77

Posted 04 March 2010 - 03:05 AM

Wow so I will take Bronze then.

It has been quiet in here isnt it.

Sitting up with insomnia at the moment.....I hate it...and if I go to bed my DH is snoring and that isnt going to help.

But I need my sleep

Just got back from 3 days in Melb for work so am just overtired I think. Am only doing a half day today so that will be better.

How is everyone going?

Waiting for Angus' bed to arrive in the next week or so, then he can move into his new room...woo hoo.

Anyway, take care all and hugs

#5 Buzzie

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:18 PM

Hi all.. waves.gif

Hope you are all well, not much new here.. just plodding along while DH is away at work.. 2weeks left..

Try get back in here soon.. sure is quiet!

#6 ~my2beautifulbabies~

Posted 12 March 2010 - 08:26 PM

Hiya!!!!!!!!!

A quick drop-in from me to say that our trip to Fiji is FIIIIIINALLY here!  We leave on Monday.  I just can't believe it's March already.  I think I booked it back in June last year!  I still have so much to do between now and Monday (like get a leg/bikini/eyebrow wax tomorrow so I no longer look like a gorilla   ohmy.gif  tongue.gif) and I'll start to get even more excited once that's out of the way  eexcite.gif

Sooooooooooooo much going on here with us in the last week (including me taking a HPT 'cause I thought I was pg, even though I've got a Mirena!!), but luckily it's all settled down now.....and no, I'm definitely NOT pg!!!   grin.gif

Heaps of bbighug.gif and check back in when we get back.

Olivia

grin.gif

#7 **MrsMummy**

Posted 17 March 2010 - 07:21 AM

Hi Ladies.
I haven't been in here in SOOOOOO long. Well we're expecting baby number 3 now, due October 5th. I can't believe how quickly this pregnancy is going, I'm glad I don't need much for this baby because I honestly don't think I'd be able to find the time to get everything together Tounge1.gif

How is everyones toddlers going? Miss Jew is hyperactive, adventurous and always running. She still doesn't say much at all but she definitely gets her point across haha. She's off the scale for her height and weight and she's already in size 2 and 3 clothes. She's going to daycare once a week and though it started off with a flood of tears the separation anxiety (for both of us) is easing and she's enjoying herself there now. I think it's done wonders for her social skills.

I'm meant to be studying this year but the teacher quit just before holidays ended and they're still trying to find a replacement. The way things are going I'm going to be to pregnant to even start this year sad.gif

Will hopefully drop back in again soon x

#8 Buzzie

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:09 PM

Olivia - I hope you have fun in Fiji - very jealous!

MrsMummy - Congrats on baby#3! original.gif Very exciting news! Your DD sounds alot like my DS.. hes not that talkative but he certainly gets his point accross and is into EVERYTHING.. Hes very amusing at the park as he wants to be on every piece of equipment all at once.. looks like a crazy kid happy.gif

Ohh I'm sorry about yuor teacher quitting - how annoying! I hope you get to still do your study original.gif

Me - I'm just cruising along.. DH is home next week YAY and we have our 19wk scan next week to! Yay! Looking foward to that, still not sure if were going to find out the sex though! I'm currently looking after my friends 15mo (just today) from 7.30am-4pm (ish) and I am amazed at how much EASIER it has been with 2! Crazy! They have played together, eaten together and now they are asleep (and both went down SO easy! woo!) I'm sure it'd wouldnt be like this every day though haha.. but at the moment its good happy.gif

#9 oli77

Posted 17 March 2010 - 05:43 PM

HI ladies,

Congrats on no. 3 Mrs Mummy.

Buzzie Glad to hear that hubby will be home soon. i am sure that you are looking forward to having him home. I think it is great that the 2 boys are playing nicely

my2beautifulbabies Hope you are having an awesome time in Fiji. I definitely think that is a destination on the radar for us. Esp. as it is great to have good childcare there as well

AFMLess than 9 weeks to go and then there will be another bub...arrrrgggghhhhh
Poor DS has croup at the moment and the temp today was 38.6 so that wasnt much help as had to take the day off work but hopefully with a few doses of medicine etc he will be ok.

Hoping to have a quiet night tonight...just made 3 lasagnas (2 to freeze) so putting my feet up for the night.

Take care

#10 Buzzie

Posted 17 March 2010 - 06:49 PM

Olivia - Did you go to Fiji in the end? I just saw (yes I'm a bit slow) all the cyclone reports etc and your facebook status (from monday).. I hope all is okay if you did end up going! Please update us soon! original.gif

oil77 - Ohh not long now! Cant believe your already that far along - time has flown! Hope your little DS is feeling better soon.. sick kids are no fun at all sad.gif

#11 Buzzie

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:11 PM

BUMP

#12 Micha70

Posted 01 April 2010 - 09:03 PM

Hi guys...

Me again... I keep popping in from time to time and mean to get in here more often... but it doesn't happen!!

Life is busy with the 3 kids and I'm back at school 3 days a week this year! DH is a shift worker, so it feels like it's always go, go, go around here!!

Deegan - was a late walker and seems he's a late talker too. He's not saying anything yet apart from dadadada which I think is more just babble that actually saying dada IYKWIM!?

And the TANTRUMS!! Is anyone else's little darling chucking tanties?? He doesn't like being told "no" so we spend our time saying "that's Daddy's, give it to Daddy" rather than "no". He'll throw himself backwards and hit his head on the floor. The he cries as it hurts (of course!!)

Apart from that, Deegie is just gorgeous and a real little character. He's still on 50th percentile for weight but is now above average for length, so he's getting tall like his brothers.

Good to see everyone doing well and some new bubbas on the way too!!

#13 oli77

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:31 PM

Hi ladies,

Hey Buzzie, just looking at your sig...does this mean that you are having a girl? Didnt want to put it on FB as know DH didnt want to know.

Hope you are well....and hope all our darlings are behaving themselves

#14 ~my2beautifulbabies~

Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:41 PM

Belated happy easter, ladies!!!!   biggrin.gif

Yes, well I'm now settled back into daily boring-ness after getting back from Fiji over a week ago.  I was in denial for days after wishing I was still there, soaking up the gorgeous sunshine   cool.gif .  We eventually made it there, after our 1st flight was cancelled  ohmy.gif   ohmy.gif   ohmy.gif  due to a cyclone in Fiji!!!  However, we ended up leaving the following day, only to find out when we got there that the cyclone was nowhere near our resort or the main parts of Nadi!  Oh well, at least it was an adventure and something we can look back on and laugh about now   rolleyes.gif .  For anyone planning a family holiday, Fiji really is the BEST family destination.  We stayed at the Hilton on Denarau Island in a 3-bedroom beachfront villa.  We had our own private plunge pool and BBQ, as well as the kids having their own rooms and own bathrooms.  The Fijian ppl are BEAUTIFUL and the babysitting was not only reliable and fantastic, but cheap as chips (not even $4 australian dollars an hour!!!!   wink.gif ).  So we all had an amazing time and would definitely go back again in a heartbeat.....although maybe next time we'll try and miss the cyclone-season!  tongue.gif

Elise - Oli did some keen spotting, and she took the words right out of my mouth!  I noticed your ticker is pink and was wondering exactly the same thing.  I know you haven't wanted to mention anything on FB, but you can share in here.....promise I won't tell anyone!!!!!!  ph34r.gif

Micha - you are soooooooooooooooooooo right about the tantrums   oomg2.gif .  My little guy chucks the biggest wobbly by saying "no...no...no...no" at the top of his lungs and backing away into a corner to sulk.  Then every time I try to distract him or change the subject, he just says "NO".  It's so hilarious!  I can't believe the "terrible 2's" have kicked in already   sad.gif .  They should call them the "terrible 1-and-a-halfs" 'cause that's when it actually starts.  He actually bit me for the 1st time last night, and I have no idea where he got it from, as dd certainly doesn't and ds isn't even at daycare yet.  I was horrified!   ohmy.gif   But he's still cuddly and lovable and saying a bucket load of things now, so it's pretty funny.  He copies his big sister all the time which is kinda cute.  I'm sure your little guy will be chattering away before you know it.  My friend who lives in Orange has a little boy exactly the same age as my ds and she said he's hardly saying anything either.  But I hear this is really really common, even until the age of about 2....and then they suddenly have a language explosion!!!!

MrsMummy - an enormous CONGRATULATIONS to you!  I really do hope that it goes smoothly for you   biggrin.gif

Oli - hope you are feeling well and that the last few weeks go really quickly!

That's about all I have time for, I'm afraid.  After getting back yesterday from the boat (we spent it at Cockle Bay over Easter), I have so much washing, folding, and ironing to do PLUS cleaning up after the wallpaperer (he was here this morning putting up some wallpaper).  Busy busy busy   wacko.gif

Stay well and talk soon.

Olivia

original.gif

#15 ~my2beautifulbabies~

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:33 PM

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!

original.gif

#16 oli77

Posted 25 April 2010 - 08:44 AM

Morning ladies,

Has anyone heard from Fizzle re her bubs? I realise that she was due a month ago but time has flown hasnt it.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the long weekend.

I am on home stretch for bub no 2 so will let you know when it all happens.

Take care ladies and hope to see you around

#17 Fizzle

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:05 PM

Hi everyone,

Sorry I've not had time to catch up as I am being kept pretty darn busy at the moment and a big thanks to Elise for giving me the nudge to update you all on No2.

dd2 arrived on the 28th March by emergency c-section.  It was all a bit quick and hollywood movie ish. which I can joke about now. It all started off with erratic contractions in the morning that peetered out to nothing and then came back about 4pm. I wanted to stay at home for as long as possible and figured I had hours to go. My contractions were coming every 8 to 10 mins around 6.15ish and thought brilliant I can keep dd1 to her routine. We ended up putting her to bed a little early, packing my last minute things and going to the hospital. By the  time I got there (about 7.45), contractions were 2 mins apart, I was 5cm dilated but bubs was presenting hand first between contractions so I was rushed through to delivery where about 6 people were getting prepared to do a contolled break of my waters when what do you know they broke.  Anyway this is where things really started moving. The buzzer was pressed the room filled up and DH was whisked off to get scrubbed and suited up while they got me ready but things were moving that fast there was no time for a spinal and DH only got in to theatre as they were knocking me out to say he'd be there when I woke up.  The first thing I saw when I woke was DH sitting cuddling dd2  original.gif I knew everything happenned really quickly but I had no idea until they were doing my discharge that dd2 was born 12 minutes after my waters broke.  I also need to say how awesome the staff at the Mater are. It is mind boggling all that they done in 12 minutes and I can still hardly see where I was cut.  The person that done my ceaser is fantastic.

#18 ~my2beautifulbabies~

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:02 PM

CONRATULATIONS FIZZLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is such beautiful news   biggrin.gif .  Wow, it really DID happen very quickly!  So what did u name your newest little princess?  And how has dd1 settled in to becoming a new big sister???

And good luck to you Oli!  Keep us posted   wink.gif

#19 Buzzie

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:02 AM

YAY congrats Fizzle original.gif

Sounds like the delivery was quite full on.. glad all went well and the staff were definitely onto it with a great speed of delivery! original.gif BUT, you did leave out the biggest bit of info.. NAME!? Hehe.. I'm sure its gorgeous.. wub.gif

Oli - Not long for you now.. very exciting! I cant wait to hear that your #2 has arrived original.gif

Olivia - Hi waves.gif hehe

#20 oli77

Posted 30 April 2010 - 04:15 PM

Fizzle Wow that does sound all very dramatic but am glad that everything worked out well for you and you have a beautiful girl. Cant wait to hear the name as well.

Buzzie How are things going with you? How long to go now?

AFM Well just over 2 weeks until due date but think I wont be that long. My bet is mothers day! That would be my luck anyway. Just feeling uncomfortable now.

I finished work yesterday so now can try and relax.

Had best go and get my DS sorted...he has a lot of energy that needs to be occupied a lot more at the moment...esp with this rain...he has been stuck inside most of the day.

Take care and hope everyone is well

#21 Buzzie

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:15 PM

Narelle - Thankyou! original.gif I'm feeling massive.. but I dont really mind haha.. I love being able to feel the rolling/kicking all the time wub.gif haha.. Sure have started stocking up.. have heaps of stuff and went through Griffins stuff for unisex items (SO many!) and just trying to sort the spare room/nursery out cos at the moment its a bomb site *sigh* the name we like (at the moment anyway) is Maia/Maya, pronounced May-a.. but.. apparently it can also be pronounced My-a and (in the baby name area on EB rolleyes.gif ) that seems to be the main pronounciation.. So I'm not sure.. I/We raelly like it.. but.. not sure how others would pronounce it (not that it should take that long to correct family/friends I guess) WDYT?  .. Thats good that things are going well with you guys original.gif are you still TTC? original.gif

oli - Things are going well here original.gif I'm coming up to 25weeks so slowly getting there.. I cant wait to be holding the baby.. I keep seeing newborns and getting so clucky.. wub.gif I hope all is going well with you.. I cant believe how quickly it has all come up! I'm hanging out to hear your news hehe happy.gif ps - I know what you mean about trying to keep a 20mo occupied - so hard!

AFM - All good here.. DS is finally starting to talk a bit more.. even today his vocab exploded and he was trying to copy things I was saying so thats cute original.gif but the tantrums are getting pretty full on.. throwing something has become the new thing to get attention.. driving me crazy but ignoring it seems to be helping - but its hard to ignore him trying to throw whatever he can at the floor - hopefully it stops before #2 arrives mellow.gif

#22 Buzzie

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:41 PM

Narelle - Yeah I know.. shouldnt have even posted in there haha and then i wouldnt have even known about alternate pronounciations happy.gif DH is not much help trying to choose the spelling rolleyes.gif He told me ages ago (if we used it) 'definitely Maya' then when he was home last it was 'Ohh Maia for sure' now hes gone back to 'Maya' haha.. I like both so doesnt really bother me.. and if we do use it we will probably just decide on the day I guess! Haha! But yep, the name sure does grow on them.. original.gif

Ohh yeah, that makes sense re: TTC with DH going away.. It'll probably happen when you least expect it happy.gif My cousin and his wife (shes 10yrs older - 42yrs old) were TTC#3 (her #6!) and just started seeing a doctor about IVF and tehn found out she was pregnant naturally, nobody even knew they were TTC but they are due in Oct original.gif

Tantrums sure are fun.. haha.. I think hes *starting* to realise that they arent getting him anywhere.. but, I'm sure they'll still occur rolleyes.gif and yeah, I'm pretty stoked hes starting to talk a bit more, he wasnt really saying much at all before but now he wont shut up haha not always words I understand but I do hear the "sh*t" word occasionally (thanks DH glare.gif ) I dunno where our babies have gone sad.gif I saw a friend today with a 7wk old.. hes so cute and tiny.. I cant wait to have a little one again!

Well I have just been out and bought a doona and cover for Griffins bed.. Hes been sleeping with just a blanket, but thought I better get organised for winter so probably wont need it yet as its still fairly warm here in WA, but at least I'm organised for when it does cool down haha..

#23 Fizzle

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:06 PM

Hey everyone,

The name lol I can't beleive I forgot to tell you all.  It's Marissa.

Well my parents went home about 1.5 weeks ago and we are now finally starting to get ourselves settled into some sort of normality and flexible routine however it's still a bit of a mad house!

Ruby is fantastic with Marissa but we do need to watch her like a hawk as she forgets to be gentle. Otherwise it's kisses and cuddles for her Marissa.

#24 oli77

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:31 PM

What a lovely name Marissa is. Glad to hear that Ruby is getting on well with her.

Still waiting here for bubs to arrive. Taking its time although not due until next week but had though we were ready to go over the weekend.

Anyway, still hope everyone is doing well with their little ones....especailly if they are tantrum toddlers like mine

Take care and will be back later

#25 ~my2beautifulbabies~

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:40 AM

Hi, ladies!!

Narelle - that's so gorgeous that your little guy is already wanting to start TT!  What a clever boy he is   wink.gif .  Ds is kind of playing around with it ATM.  The little potty is on the floor next to our loo, so when I sit on the loo, he sits down on the potty (fully-clothed of course!) and says "wee-wees".  Pretty cute   wub.gif .  But I'm with you....having them in nappies IS so easy, especially during these colder, wintery months.

Oli - a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of your little girl.  Welcome to the world of ballerinas, bows, baby dolls, and fantastic "hissy-fits".....just kidding about that last bit!  Hope all is well   grin.gif

Elise - totally  wub.gif  your name choice for bub #2.  Friends of ours that we went to Fiji with have a 7yo daughter and her name is Mya (pronounced MY-a).  So I don't know what pronunciation you guys were looking for, but I remember you saying you like Maya, but were worried about how ppl would say it.  Both are equally gorgeous!  How long to go now??

Fizzle - I haven't heard the name Marissa for SUCH a long time.....I'd forgotten how beautiful and "girly" it is smile1.gif .  How is she going?  And how is her big sister adapting to it all?

AFM, life is going along at a rate-of-knots here!  How is it possible that we're nearly half-way through the year????   oomg2.gif   Ds is chatting up a storm and learning so many new things every day.  Although, I had to get the kids' physio here last week to look at his left foot.  It turns in quite a lot (it's even more noticeable when he has shoes on) and sometimes he even trips himself over when he's walking.  She said that there's nothing actually too wrong with his hips/legs.  His left leg is only half-a-centimetre shorter than his right leg, and his left hip is still within the "normal" range, although a little bit out.  So she gave me some things to do (eg put his shoes on the wrong feet, kick a ball with the RIGHT foot so he's standing and balancing on his left) to try to help this over time.  It's certainly not a huge drama, but it might just mean that he won't be the fastest runner at his athletics carnivals in 6 years time!!!!!

Believe it or not, the MIL is back on the scene!  We got in contact a few weeks ago after she got back from holiday and she's been seeing the kids again.  But in the on-going weirdness that only she displays, she still WON'T SPEAK WITH MY DH......CRAZY STUFF   shrug.gif  ddown.gif .  She communicates with me about when she can see the kids (she might have one child at a time at her place, or I'll drop them both down to the park to play with her then pick them up when they're finished), but she has hardly muttered a word to her own son.  Although, she DID ring him up 2 weeks ago as she wants to buy a new car.  She asked him "I want to buy a new car and was wondering if you would like me to buy it from you, or would you prefer if I bought it from another dealership?"  I mean, REALLY, how bizarre is that?????  And that's the most contact they've had in the last 9 months.  I've since heard that her and her partner have sold their house (which is down the road from us in the same estate) and bought a house AND a block of land over an hour away down the Coast.  As well as this AND the new car, I also hear that they've booked an around-the-world trip at Xmas time for 3 months.  Geez, they must've won the lottery!!  So that's yet ANOTHER Xmas (and birthday for Mia) that she'll be away from her grandchildren.  What a strange, strange woman she is   dry.gif  wacko.gif .  I've given up caring anymore.  I'm happy for her to see the kids as much as she wants (as deep down, I KNOW she's a terrific grandmother and they love her to bits), but that's as far as the relationship will ever go from now on.  Thank goodness she's moving away, is all I can say!!

Anyway, that's about all.  Just waiting for dh to come home.  He's been away for nearly 2 weeks and being a single mum to 2 littlies has been totally EXHAUSTING  yyawn.gif .  On Friday, not only did I have gastro but a really bad crink in my neck and I was a mess.  But, as mummies, we just somehow find a way to manage and soldier on regardless!!!   tthumbs.gif

Hope everyone is managing to stay warm now that the cooler weather has taken hold.  Counting down the days to the warmer weather already!   yyes.gif

Enjoy the rest of your weekend

Olivia

grin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.