August 08 Parents # 41

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#26 ~my2beautifulbabies~

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:02 PM

Oh no, I fear I'm on my own in here again   sad.gif   unsure.gif   wacko.gif !!!!!!

Thinking of everyone, and hope that those with new little bubbies are coping OK.  Our "babies" are all nearing their 2nd birthdays......I'm STILL in denial!!!   tongue.gif

Hope to hear from you ladies again soon.   hands.gif

Olivia

#27 oli77

Posted 27 June 2010 - 07:14 AM

Hi ladies,

Thought I would pop in and say hi and bump us up the list a bit

Madeleine is already 5 weeks old and time is certainly flying but all is good.....

Angus is doing pretty well with her...has lashed out a few times but more when he is overtired and/or when she is asleep and he wants to  play with her.

Hope all are well...hope to hear some news from you all soon

Take care

#28 nickym83

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:02 PM

hi everyone, i was a member with August group before DD Charlotte was born 21st Aug 08, then i suffered bad PND and never came back. i just joined DIG for Feb 2011 as we are expecting #2 original.gif and hought i would look and see if there was still a group for DD AND Yay there is. Hope you are all well.

#29 Buzzie

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:46 PM

Hi nicky original.gif waves.gif

Yep, we still have a group, although most of us only post occasionally ph34r.gif hehe..

Congratulations on #2! original.gif

Oli - glad things are going well, adn I see you got the sig working happy.gif

Olivia - Yep I think were set on Maya (pron May-a) and I'm 33weeks tomorrow so not long to go at all! Due 18/08 but will prob be here on the 9th at this stage original.gif I'm sorry your still having issues with MIL.. Hope everything is settling down now adn your getting some more stress free days! original.gif

AFM - Just cruising along, BP meds were doubled about a month ago and at my last appt my BP was lower (not as low as he wanted, but still lower) so thats good original.gif just see how it goes next week after DH has been awya for 2weeks happy.gif haha.. DH is away at the moment (1week tomorrow) and wont be back till just before the birth.. so its going to be a long few weeks here but at least he'll be here for the birth! woo!

Night all, off to watch PTTR!

#30 Kahlea

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:16 AM

I would like to say Hi

My dd2 Was born 29th August 06
and it was 2 hr labour and we had some difficulties
from 22 weeks i was leaking Merconuim, Mw + Dr said that it was normal Fluid leaking from me and it was normal.
i was having f/nightly visits and i was having Mild contractions and telling Mw that i was and yep they said it was Pre labour pains.I did experience these with DD1 but no these were real ones.
any way  dr Jensen  booked me in to get induced as i was not sleeping i was in alot of pain etc for the monday ahead. On my due date 29th I woke up feeling sick and restless etc etc and had the feeling today was going to be the day!
me and then family went and got Maccas for lunch as when i was pregnant all i craved was Choccie thickshake from there original.gif
we went and sat at the park to eat and i was gettin really bad contractions tightening of my belly etc etc (U all know the drill lol. )
We then went home and i was sitting on Computer while DP was in the bathroom and i had the urge to clean and i was up instazntly without thinking packing a plastic bag with extras that i would need in hospital Dp came out of bathroom and I told him today was the day, So he started Packing DD1 bag so she could go to my mothers while i was in hospital
Mum pulled up to use are toilet and we were sitting on the lounge talking about if the today was going to be the day i had a few contractions then one big one followed by my waters breaking,
It was all a rush rush.
my contractions were getting quicker and stronger. i remember on way to the car i was leaning over the Garbish bin hahahaha
Got to hospital and MW saw me and came to the loo with me and it was a instant "hurry we have to get this baby out". as she picked up straight away that i was leaking merconium i was in distress hr into labout dd1 heart rate was dropping etc and they booked me in for Emergency csec  but 5 mins b4 i left the room Tahya decided to shoot through. She got rushed to Special care nursery. and Mw and about 5 drs that were in the room told me i was lucky because she  would ov been dead if we wanted any longer!!!!!!!!!!
It was stupid midwife and My dr said nothing was wrong but they let me go and nearly made me lose my baby!!!!

tahya weighed 6p 9

#31 oli77

Posted 25 July 2010 - 01:19 PM

Hi Ladies,

Hope you are all well

I know that we are starting the birthday season for our darling 2 year olds.

So HAPPY BIRTHDAY

And with the no. 2 comes the attitude, tantrums etc......but we do love them dont we.

Hope everyone is well and are looking after yourselves.

Take care

#32 Kay1

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:16 AM

Hi everyone,

Don't know if anyone remembers me (well I know Olivia does waves.gif).

I was in the DIG for August '08 and had Leo on the 20th. He was a VERY difficult newborn and we moved when he was 5 months old - then I kind of lost touch with the group. He settled well as soon as he had his own room but he is still a cheeky monkey! He is totally different to DS1 who we took to Europe for a month at 2 and a half. Leo we don't even take to cafe laughing2.gif. He basically has a massive meltdown whenever we go anywhere. He does it at home too but its easier to ignore LOL. He's just super stubborn. He is also super cute though and is finally turning into a cuddly boy after his prickly start. He loves giving me cuddles and kisses and still adores his big brother. He's not talking a lot but probably more than DS1 was at this age. I think he's having a Pocoyo party - better get those invites out today actually!!

DS1 keeps us busy. He's at the most gorgeous age at the moment (nearly 5). He climbs into bed with me every morning and tells me he loves me infinity. Its making me want another baby LOL. He is also showing signs of being gifted, he is reading at 9 year old level and reads non fiction books for hours, telling me all the interesting facts he is learning wub.gif. We are battling with the school decision at the moment - there is a great school 2 minute walk from us but one we think will suit him better a short drive away. It breaks my heart not to send him to the one we can walk to but I think that's where we are headed. He also has some sensory issues and is not the best socially so he needs a school that can cater for all of that. He still has trouble with his leg and will have for life it seems but he's still having fun at soccer and tennis which is great. He has something on every day at the moment and poor old Leo has nothing, he just gets dragged around. sad.gif I plan on making it up to him next year when DS1 is at school, we'll do gymbaroo and swimming.

Narelle - I am sorry to hear that Cam has been through a difficult time at school. sad.gif I hope the new school suits him better. I always remember the funny comments of his you used to tell us about - such a sweetie.

Elise - Congrats on #2. And a girl wub.gif! I love the name Maya (although I always say it My-ah).

Well I'm going to read back and see if there's anyone else here I remember. original.gif

#33 Kay1

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:28 AM

Just coming back to say to Elise - I would 'get it' if you told me to pronounce it May-ah. I say use it, its lovely either pronunciation and you'll only have to tell people once.

Narelle - Leo is very interested in potty training too - he loves to tell me when he's doing wees or poos and sits on the potty but so far won't take his clothes/nappy off LOL. DS1 didn't do it at all til he was 3.5years so its all new to me!

Well today is my day off (both kids at daycare/preschool) so I'd better get them out of the house and get ready for yoga. original.gif

#34 ~my2beautifulbabies~

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:45 PM

Hiya!!!!!  wink.gif

Kay - yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, I'm SO excited to see you back in here!!!   grin.gif  ddance.gif   cclap.gif .  You were definitely missed....well, by me, anyway!  We too are at that stage where we are looking at the 'school' decision.  At this stage, it looks like we'll be sending BOTH the kids to an exclusive private school in town (which is about 15 mins drive each way).  Which is a bit of a shame as the local catholic school would be just as nice (AND only 3 mins drive!!), but this school has sooooooo much more to offer and it just feels "right".  It's hard though, isn't it??  Leo and Lachie sound so similar.  Cheeky little monkeys!  wacko.gif

Narelle - how is Cam going in his new school?  Has he started to settle in OK?  Hope all is well  original.gif

Elise - I'm super-excited for you now that bubs is so close tthumbs.gif .  A good friend of mine is due this Friday, and I always remember that you're not too far behind her.  She doesn't know what she's having, but I'm totally convinced it's a boy, as every other person I know that's had a baby in the last 2 months has had a boy (plus I had Lachie in the month of August as well.....just seems the month for "blue"!).  Must be in the water over here in NSW!!!  Keep us posted, here AND on FB!   yyes.gif

Hi to all you other lovely ladies (and any new bubbies) waves.gif .  Life here is lovely and quiet.  JUST the way I like it, sometimes!  Don't remember if I told you this or not, but about 5 weeks ago dh bought me a pressie......AND BRAND NEW CAR!!!!!!!!!!!   ddance.gif   hheart.gif   eexcite.gif .  It was a total surprise.  One Friday afternoon he just told me that he was coming home and to meet him outside with the kids.  And he drove it in the driveway!  It's amazing and I love it to pieces.  It's like our 3rd child  tongue.gif.  On top of this, we have also ordered a brand new piano.  Dh has been dying to have one for about 10 years and we're finally at a stage where we can buy one.  So we should be getting that in a couple of days.  Lots of new pressies to play with....FUN!!

Anyway, that's it from here.  Think about you all often and hope that everyone is well.  HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY TO ALL OUR AUGUST 2008 BUBBIES!  Can't believe it's come around so ridiculously fast   cry1.gif .

Nighty night.  Catch you again soon.

Olivia

cool.gif

#35 ~my2beautifulbabies~

Posted 11 August 2010 - 03:01 PM

Just popped in really quickly to say....

A HUUUUUUUUUUGE congratulations to Elise and her family on the arrival of Maya!!!!!!!

Hope all is well   wink.gif

Olivia

#36 Buzzie

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:36 PM

Announcing the arrival of:

Maya Dawn
3040g - 6lb 11.2oz
48cm length
34.5cm hc

Birth Story

ps - Thanks Olivia happy.gif

#37 Simplicity

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:34 PM

Hi all

It's been a couple of years........ I never really joined the parents group after the DIG.

DS was born on Aug 13th, 1 week early.

Well we have had number 2, DD was born Sept 30th and she is a breeze compared to first time round, I believe she is an easier baby.
BF is still hard (supply issue) but I have made it longer than with DS.

I hope everyone is well. It's amazing seeing your sigs and how big the kids are now!

Take care everyone.

#38 hutais

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:36 PM

Hi Ladies,

I have just quickly skimmed and I can see there has been more bubs born since I was last in so congratulations!!

You all probably have forgotten me but I had a little girl called Annika.
Well I am currently living in Manhattan NYC. Long story but if anyone is interested I have started a blog.
Annika is great and loving life here. She goes to pre school here 2 days a week. I love living in NYC and so do the kids. We plan on being here for at least 2 years if not more.
I might try and come in more and catch up. I am not working and I dont think I will. There is so much to do here and this would have to be the most kid friendly city ever!

I hope all the August babies are all doing fine:)

#39 nickym83

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:49 AM

hi all, it has been soooo long since i have been on EB let alone in the parents groups, i hope all the August bubs are doing great original.gif

#40 petermarr

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:57 PM

I'm meant to be studying this year but the teacher quit just before holidays ended and they're still trying to find a replacement.

#41 nickym83

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:09 PM

On the off chance that anyone pops in i want to wish all the August 08 babies a HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY :)
My charlotte is 5 today and off to big school next year too. all the best everyone and hope all our 5 year olds are doing awesome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.