New thread time ladies

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=748293

#2 SimplySweet

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:58 AM

GOLD

#3 mellae

Posted 01 March 2010 - 08:58 PM

Silver!

Busy week this week, I have my parents staying with us, Jack has swimming each day with the school and I'm helping out with that, 2 meetings after school this week and 2 after school activities and my grandfather's 90th birthday on Thursday, phew!  Well, busy for me anyway, hahahaha  wink.gif

Hope everyone is going great.

Cheers

Edited by mellae, 01 March 2010 - 08:59 PM.

#4 henno

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:37 PM

Bronze!!!
Mellae - does sound busy, remember to breath at some point original.gif

kristy - I guess you can try all the non-medicine options first, including possibly glasses and narrow it down. Glad u have something in writing to work through as well.

Us- got a karitane nurse out today ( they have a new at home service that u pay for but they come quicker and it's a private consult for 2.5 hrs in ur house). Was great. She said she thinks Xavier has mild reflux, so we have a list of things to try before heading to a dr for meds, so we are on thickened formula at the moment. Also got some advice re sleeping and settling and also some advice for me re pnd. I need to go and talk to my echn but she said if it gets worse to ring her and she will bump me into their clinic quickly. So that's a bit of relief as well. She gave Ciaran some ideas to help me and just normalized alot of stuff. Xavier is sooooo different to how Charlotte was so we have both been feeling in the deep end and at a loss as to what to try, so she helped heaps with that too. It really helps that he is generally a pretty chirpy little boy during the day, lots of smiles, which in some ways makes me feel guilty at my frustration, but I'm working on that.

Going to an osteopath tomorrow to try and get my back feeling better, which will also help my headaches I hope. I know some of it is stress but pretty sure it's a vicious cycle with stress, back and head all linked.

Well hope everyone is well.
Back to watching so you think you can dance
deb
Charlotte all good, thankfully, apart from being 4!

#5 SimplySweet

Posted 04 March 2010 - 10:21 AM

Hey everyone

Off to kindy in just over an hr, just having bunch and a chill, kids are playing.Meant to be going to governing council but have too much on today. I have to race down to Kmart after kindy drop off and then back 45mins later for library help. I am nervous, last fortnight I helped I got gastro. Soooooooooo won't want to touch anything today, pmsl
Brett didn't have course today so don't have to do that run today. Lis has cheer and Jayden starts a comic book course tonight. Last week he met the author.
We are off camping tomorrow afternoon for the long weekend, really looking forward to it. Soooooooooooo hope the rain forecast changes.

Mellae, Sounds like a flat chat week for you. Enjoy!

Deb, We aren't seeking any medicines, etc for Ryan. Just putting the assistance in place to help him with his issues. You need everything in bloody writing these days. The public system is sh*thouse and if he requires more than he currently does then it's all being put into place. Atm we are doing nearly it all privately.  We are currently doing speech, start OT after next week and he is now on waiting list for physiotherapy. Got letter y'day, it's a 6 mth waiting list through the hospital for it publicly. We have appt next week with a behavioural optometrist to see if it is his sight causing some of his sensory issues.  THat is 85% covered by medicare at least. Most of his issues we get through the day with fine as we just avoid them, but some we can't and they make life a lot harder. He is very limited and it's sad to see him so limited and it's sad to see him so frustrated and not being able to speak. I am looking into some signing with him now to assist his communication until the language comes.
The Karitane nurse sounds great. I hope with their assistance little man will settle some more or you get ideas on how to settle him better at night. Must be sooooooooooo draining. Hope the osteopath appt goes well and gives you some relief from the back and head pain.

Well I had better go, have heaps to do

#6 mellae

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:33 AM

Hi Everyone!

Has anyone heard if Celeste has has her baby yet?

Celeste, if you're still in one piece, good luck with the birth, I hope everything goes well.  If bub has already arrived, congratulations!  wink.gif

Kristy, did you have fun camping?  It would have been perfect weather for you.  

Deb, how is Master X going with his sleep this week?  I hope your back and headaches are better now.

All is good here.  We went away for the long weekend too, down to Normanville which is about an hour south from where we are.  It was cold down there, but nice to have some cooler weather for once.  I packed for warmer weather though, as usual!  My Grandfather turned 90 last week.  I went down for the day last Thursday and then we went down for the whole long-weekend on Friday evening.  We stayed in the house next door to his which is a holiday rental, then on Sunday the whole family (minus one cousin who works in the mines in Mt Isa) got together in the morning for family photos, then we went out for lunch, followed by an afternoon tea back at Pa's which was 'open house'.  He sure knows how to party for a 90 year old!  wink.gif  Anyway, it was a great weekend.

Not much else is happening, the days just fly by.  I feel as though I spend my days going to school and back.  I try to walk most days, so we all head off just after 8.30am, then we get back here at about 9ish, leave again to take Meg to kindy at midday, back at 12.30 then leave again at 2.30 to pick Meg up at 2.45pm and wait around for Jack to finish at 3pm.  This arvo I'll head out after I drop Meg off to do a few things.  I've finished breast-feeding now, Lucy weaned herself about 2 weeks ago, so after almost 10 months of trying to get her to drink out of a bottle, she decided to do it when SHE was ready, lol. I'm kind of sad as I enjoyed breast-feeding this time around.

Well, I'm just rambling now, better go and put Lucy down for her nap.

Have a great day all!

Cheers

#7 SimplySweet

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:59 PM

Hi

Been slack coming in, but not as slack as others so don't feel so bad now, pmsl   wink.gif

Having a day home today, was meant to go to a meet but feeling anti-social and not in mood. Over some things atm so best to stay home, why people have to be like they are sometimes hey, do we ever leave high school, lol

Feel very busy lately so doesn't hurt to chill home today.
Yesterday was a kinda mad day. Brett had his course but luckily Dh was going in at 9 so dropped him on way to work and I took T to school, J walked. Ryan had his behavioural optometrist appt in morning, home in time to pack for kindy, then took Lis there, straight to speech appt, home for an hr, then to get Lis from kindy, Thomas from school and Brett from course (J walked home) Then after an hr Brett had umpire training, Lis had cheerleading, THomas had footy training and Jayden had comic book course, they all bloody clash. I was not able to pull it all off myself so had a friend take Lis to and from cheer. J has 2 sessions left of course and then it will be a bit easier and B will know soon if he has made SANFL umpiring.

Jayden's cricket season is over and Brett has the grand final tomorrow and sunday then his season is over. Footy training has begun for all. THomas trains tues and thurs night and Jayden wed and friday nights. Brett is meant to be umpire training wed and thurs but has work wed and fri. He is trying to change his wed shift to tues shift. He is enjoying his VET course on thurs even though I don't like where it's at. At a local public high school (way too feral) so he is coming home with some attitude.
Brett has a trial SANFL game to umpire on sunday afternoon.
Dh has been working lates a lot lately and then being asked to do earlies so been doing lots of long long days. And he is back on call again, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Lis is loving her gymkids and cheerleading. She is doing so well. She is very flexible and loves it all so much.
Ryan starts OT sessions next week, they will be before his speech sessions so one will follow the other.
He is really starting to connect well with his speechie and is not shy for half the session each week anymore. He is coming out with more sounds and really trying to attempt some sounds/words. She absolutely loves his character, he makes her laugh, he is such a little man. So that's going well.
I only have 1 session left of the Enhanced primary care plan so need to go back to GP to start another one, it only gives you 5 sessions a year but he filled it out last year so I can get one for this year. Ryan has also been approved for the Focused psychological strategies plan which allows him 12 sessions of OT a year. It's basically a mental health plan for Ryan so am rapt that he was approved. It's all so very costly going private but with these plans, it's making it all possible for Ryan for a good part of the year. Either way we would have done it, but we are not suffering for it atm.
His appt yesterday for his eyes was a pure nightmare. Some very extreme massive tantrums were had. He was not co-operative in the slightest and needs to go back when he is 3 to be rechecked. But she got enough to think that his eyesight is fine. It's not his sight causing the issue with the tiling. We have had to borrow some glasses type things to see if we can make him wear them on the tiles to see if it changes how he perceives it, we took him up a few shops to a tiled shop durign appt to try but he was not having a bar of it (huge apologies to the shopkeeper, who had no idea what was going on)  But she wants to see J about his eyes so we are back there next thursday.
J also has his next paed appt the week after so will get results and see where to for him. Feels overwhelming sometimes, so much going on. The school just rang then about J and he has a detention, feels like it never stops. Brett is currently doing our head in, he has a comment for everything and is pushing some boundaries and if I hear one more god damn word about cars, seriously. He doesn't stop, argh!!!!!!!

Not much else to talk about. Nothing exciting happening with me. Dh gets his results today (waiting on call now) about his swimmers, if it is not a 0 today he is booked back in for surgery. I want this implanon out of my arm, asap, so am praying it's a big fat 0.

Mellae, We had a great time camping. As to the weather, for the most part it was good, but we had some wind and srpinkles on the sat which put a downer on for a bit as we were restricted but sunday we had a mass storm hit with 40km winds. 4 families packed up and went home. Our sites looked like a cyclone had gone through, lol. There was lots of wind, rain and some things were wrecked. I was drenched from hanging on to a friends big gazebo with DH and another friend so that wasn't too pleasant at all. They had gone shopping so weren't there to save it. Ryan was petrified and kids were thrown anywhere there was protection so was pretty mad. But the night came good. The few families left enjoyed the rest of the trip. Was a bummer to come home, love a holiday.

Know how you feel about your days, my life is all about my kids, next form I fill out that asks occupation, it won't be home duties, it will be taxi driver,lol as I am in and out allllllllllllllllllllllll the time, hahahaha

Well done on b-feeding for this long, you did great and she stopped on her own terms, cute biggrin.gif

Edited by SimplySweet, 12 March 2010 - 02:01 PM.

#8 mellae

Posted 13 March 2010 - 01:12 PM

Kristy, oh yeah, I forgot about the massive storm on Saturday  wacko.gif . We were at Cape Jervis at my uncles new house when it hit down there.  Their house overlooks the ocean and KI, one minute you could see the island, then next the storm rolled in.  It bucketed down and there were water features everywhere where his new drainage pipes hadn't been connected.  Glad I was inside watching it though and not outside like you were.  At least you didn't let it ruin your holiday though and you still had a great time.  It sounds pretty full-on for you at the moment, I don't blame you for wanting to have a quiet day at home.

Jack and Meg has a sleep-over last night at their cousins, so DH, Lucy and I went out for dinner biggrin.gif .  The kids are tired and grumpy today, so early night tonight methinks!

Have a great weekend all!

Cheers

#9 henno

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:48 PM

Hi everyone,
we are off to karitane for a residential stay tomorrow for the week. Fingers crossed we at least get some ideas if not answers re xaviers sleep and my depression. Got in fairly quick, waiting list is 4-6 weeks but we went on a standby list last Friday and then was rung the Friday just gone.

My mil is coming up tonight to look after Charlotte for the week so that dh can come with me to karitane. Feeling nervous and hopeful and sad.

Will let u know how we go. Hope everyone is well.

Deb

#10 mellae

Posted 15 March 2010 - 12:22 PM

Deb, wow, that was quick to get in, fantastic news!  Wishing you all the best for the week, and looking forward to hearing how it all went.

Cheers

#11 blondeboys

Posted 20 March 2010 - 04:14 PM

Hi girls, have been slack, been spending my time on FB when I get the chance to get on here.

Deb, how are you doing at Home with X?

I'm keen to hear how Celeste is too. original.gif

#12 MeLFunKTioN

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:55 PM

I went stalking as i knew she'd had a C/s the other day !!

Baby News!!

Congratulations Polar Bear on the safe arrival of her 3rd son Kieran on Thursday 18th March. Weighing in at 3.5kg and 52.5cm long. He is absoloutely perfect and they are both going great!

Congrats Celeste biggrin.gif Welcome to the world Kieran !

original.gif

#13 mellae

Posted 21 March 2010 - 10:10 PM

Congrats Celeste & family!  Welcome to Kieran!

Meliss, thanks for the news.  Love your sig, Elise is just gorgeous.

Edited by mellae, 21 March 2010 - 10:11 PM.

#14 Purple_Gecko

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:27 AM

congratulations Celeste. Cant wait to see photos biggrin.gif

How is everyone else. I havent read back. Have been stupid busy

#15 blondeboys

Posted 22 March 2010 - 08:37 AM

Congrats Celeste!

OMG Elise is almost 1!!!!!!!!!!!

#16 Bloomer

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:44 AM

Hi, Congratulations Celeste hope you are all well.

Hi all..

#17 SimplySweet

Posted 22 March 2010 - 01:01 PM

Congratulations Celeste and family on your new son, Kieran

Hope all went well
Looking forward to seeing piccies

#18 Annabel05

Posted 22 March 2010 - 01:15 PM

Big Congrats Celeste!!!

#19 henno

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:17 PM

Hi everyone.

Big congrats Celeste, great name choice!!

Well karitane went really well. Changed his bottle teats which had made a huge difference to the reflux. Started keeping him awake a bit longer which is improving his day sleeps. He is now taking about 1-5mins to setttle to sleep, sometimes without the dummy whereas before it would take 20mins of hands on settling. He is still waking twice a night for a feed, but that is ok cause he is settling better after the feed, either straight to sleep or resettlig himself. Ahhh the relief is huge! Spoke to a psychologist while there and have some action plans to help me cope when it all gets too much. So staying at home for a few days to make sure we transfer the routine ok to the home environment.

Hope everyone is well.
Deb

#20 Milly Molly Mandy

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:19 AM

Hellloooo everyone

Thanks stalkers  biggrin.gif

Yes I am now the proud mum of three little boys. I had an elective c/s on the 18 of March. Was quite a surreal experience knowing I was about to have a baby without going through the pain of labour. I am still a bit sore but not too bad considering.

He is going really well, he is feeding well but making a bit of a mess with my nipples, can't quite seem to work out what the problem is as he seems to attach well but munches away on me.

Both the boys are besotted with him and constantly want cuddles. Eamons green eyed monster hasn't hit yet, but I'm sure it will soon, he is quite attached to me.

I hope everyone is going really well. sorry I haven't been around much, kind of been caught up in the world of being pregnant. Now I'll get caught up in the world of having a baby biggrin.gif

I need to upload some photos so will post as soon as I have done that.

Celeste

#21 mellae

Posted 25 March 2010 - 08:32 PM

Celeste, glad to hear that Kieran has settled in well and the boys adore him.  I agree with you about the c/section, it is weird to know your baby's birthday in advance, very surreal.  I hope he gets the hang of the feeding soon, ouch!

Deb, how has the transition to home been for Xavier?  I'm glad that the stay was a success for you both, and hope things continue to improve.

Not much happening here this week.  Meg was a bit off colour today, hoping she is better tomorrow.  Given that there is an Easter Egg hunt at playgroup tomorrow, I'm tipping she'll be better, hahahaha!  wink.gif

Hi to everyone else,

Cheers

#22 henno

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:36 AM

Hi everyone,

Celeste - sorry to hear about your nipples, sorry cant give any advice there. Glad to hear Sean and Eamon are excited about having a baby brother. Photos???

Mellae - how did the easter egg hunt go? Im sure Meg was better at the thought of chocolate.

I have a question for everyone. Did anyone have a really early morning waker (say 4.30-5am)? And did you manage to get them back to sleep or to sleep later? Xavier has stopped resettling in the morning and is just awake! Starting to drive me insane a bit. We have tried leaving him, but i cant sleep while he is awake. We have tried bringing him in to bed with us and he wont sleep. We have tried feeding him but that doesnt help either, and he is hungry cause he drinks down the whole bottle. We do all this in the dark but it makes no difference.

Apart from that we are going well. Not looking forward to the change from daylight savings though, cause his 4.30am becomes 3.30am! We are going to try and keep him up a bit later tonight and see if that makes a difference to the feeds and sleeps tonight.

Xavier's Christening on Sunday so currently spending the day cleaning the house cause we are having a lunch here afterwards.

Happy easter everyone
Deb

#23 Bloomer

Posted 02 April 2010 - 10:10 PM

Grace turned Seven today and we spent the day at the Easter Show and exhaustng day.. I need to get fitter..

Celeste lovely to hear is settling in I offer no nipple advice I cried every time I fed.. had nipple thrush and countless other issues..  I think it is time for me to sleep..   Have a wonderful Easter all..

#24 blondeboys

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:44 AM

Celeste- try rubbing some of your milk into your nipple, or lasinoh works as well. You may also need to position him differently. If you can find a good lactation consultant, they should be able to help original.gif

Deb- all mine have been early risers at some point, but I have no advice, I just rode it out.

Cathy- Happy birthday Grace!

#25 Bloomer

Posted 23 April 2010 - 08:54 AM

Congratulations Mel on Brodies arrival.. Hope all goes well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.