July 05 Parents # 69

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 Lauza

Posted 14 August 2010 - 09:27 AM

I agree.. Congrats to Alina on the birth of Quinleigh!

#27 Mum2JackMatt

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:50 PM

It's been two months...... where is everyone??

just wanted to show off my new siggy !!!!

#28 Jen1

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:06 PM

Oh Angie, I am so jealous!!!! Where are you going and for how long and where is Fiji in this???  biggrin.gif

#29 mummamia02

Posted 16 October 2010 - 04:00 PM

hello strangers!  Jen, where have you been??

Ange, very jealous, very very jealous!  HOpe you have a great time!

All is well here, just busy working etc etc.  Life is chaotic and stressful, but that's life eh?

Only a term left and our july babes off to school, boohoo.... I don't want my baby to grow up, NOOOOOOO!!!!

Hope all is well with everyone biggrin.gif

#30 Jen1

Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:42 PM

Hi Lis, I have been around.  wink.gif  

I agree life is always throwing us challenges all the time!!

I am excited that Amy will be in school next year, finally, she is so ready.  When we went for our Prep interviews the Deputy Principal asked her to do other things that other children hadn't done and said that we really need to watch what teacher we give her for next year as she needs extending. Well I could have told him that if they had of allowed for early entry, but anyway that is another story in itself. She is excited and we are excited so bring it on I say. Very happy with a national curriculum coming in too, that will be great.  My two elder girl's did the Naplan tests and did very well and well for QLD if I must say for myself.  grin.gif  Let us hope the gap is closer so that all states in Australia are on the ball.

Hope all is well with everyone.  biggrin.gif

#31 mummamia02

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:39 AM

Wow Jen, sounds like Amy is a smarty!  Do they have any Prep/1 classes?  Maybe this could be an option for Amy.
I don't think it's fair with the National curriculum, as each state has different ages, the cut off in Victoria is April 30, not June 30, and also I am from Vic, and most children born Feb, March April (turning 5) are held back, so those kids are turning 6 when they start Prep!  So they can cope with a more structured curriculum!
I think the curriculum just needs to be a bit more flexible for those younger ones, and you can imagine most 4.5 year olds will really struggle with the expectations.  But that is the early childhood coming out in me! biggrin.gif

Gosh boys and girls are so different, I hope Jack copes with it, they are expecting a lot more next year of our little preppies.

Glad you are well Jen  biggrin.gif  Oh, I have lost 10.5kg, so am feeling great!  Joined the gym up the road, has made a world of difference!

#32 Mum2JackMatt

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:38 PM

Great work on your weight loss Lis - that's excellent!!

Jen - Sounds like Amy is more than ready, Jack is very keen too, can't wait original.gif

We are spending pretty much all of November in the US.  10 days in California, 6 days in Anaheim doing Disneyland and maybe a day trip down to Legoland then 4 days in Hollywood going to Universal Studios etc, then 4 days just outside of Chicago so DH can go to some of the Caterpillar Factories ( combination of work / pleasure for him ) and then a week in New York.

DH & I have both done the States before we met so it will be a totally different trip with kids, at least there is no pressure to see or do stuff for ourselves, but concentrate on letting them enjoy themselves biggrin.gif

Oh and we are off Wed til Sunday this week on Club Med Lindeman Island ( booked ages ago before the US was thought about! ).  Home for 3 days from that and fly out to the States.  Busy busy ....

Lol Jens, we wanted to do something different than Fiji this year for a change.  How was the Outrigger???  Did you enjoy your trip?

Hope all is well with everyone biggrin.gif

#33 freddomum

Posted 25 October 2010 - 10:07 PM

Oh dear, it has been ages since I got on here. Struggling to even keep up with FB! Hello to all the old and new friends!

Sounds like everyone is well - a US holiday sounds like fun! Although I don't think we will be going anywhere shortly - DH took the boys to Ireland for his sister's wedding and DS1 *hated* the flight with a passion...

Just got a new laptop and was cleaning up my links - I'm glad this one still works... good to hear all your news. Can't wait to see all the school pics next year. Adam can't wait either.

Will try and not leave it another year now ;-)

#34 Mum2JackMatt

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:36 PM

4 more sleeps Tounge1.gif

#35 mummamia02

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:24 AM

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

Hope everyone had a happy time!  Pretty quiet for us, as DH had to work, and family live interstate.

Hope you all are well  wink.gif

#36 Mum2JackMatt

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:42 PM

hellllloooooo????  Is there anybody out there ?????

#37 Mum2JackMatt

Posted 03 February 2011 - 05:29 PM

My first day home alone with Matthew at Kindy and Jack at prep.... the house was so so quiet but I got so much done!!
can't believe my baby is turning 4 on Monday sad.gif

Hope everyone is well !!

#38 freddomum

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:19 PM

OMG my last post was in October and was on the same page.

Just did the EB survey and realised how much I love my July 05 mums group, even though most of us are long gone from EB now and Facebook friends instead. We were always a bit tooooo much for EB - fast turnover ever for the DIG I think :-)

Anyway, hope you are all well and our big 5 years olds have all had a wonderful start to the school year!

#39 mummamia02

Posted 04 March 2011 - 05:46 PM

Hi everyone!

How are all our little preppies going?  My jack is going so well, he loves school.  VERY tired though!  Don't they look so cute in their uniforms.  I have had 2 days a week to myself, so have been going to gym, etc, have lost 12 kgs, so happy happy and feeling great!

hope all is well in your lives  biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.