Non-vaccinated kids discussion #9

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

#26 Guest_**KM**_*

Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:47 PM

So Sad: http://www.news.com.au/national/flu-shot-f...r-1225857872979

I wonder if they'll 'explain this away' or if they will admit it was the vaccine ... what are healthy children doing getting a flu shot, it's so crazy, the world has gone completely crazy!!  I saw somewhere else that there is now a vaccine being developed for shingles to go along with the CP ones, what will our schedule look like in 10 years?????

#27 Guest_**KM**_*

Posted 25 April 2010 - 03:34 PM

Oh and now I've read that there were no trials done on this combined vaccine????  What the?????

http://www.news.com.au/national/flu-jab-fe...0-1225857716233

And the public believe that all vaccines are thoroughly tested and safe???

#28 Guest_**KM**_*

Posted 25 April 2010 - 04:08 PM

Sorry about the spam people  laugh.gif

Just found this other article: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/04/23/2881522.htm

"In Canada, they found to everybody's surprise that people who had been injected with the seasonal flu vaccine in 2008/2009 had twice the risk of getting swine flu if they were under the age of 50," he said.

"If we are going to roll out vaccines to entire populations I think there is an onus on us to at least check in a number of thousands of people before we roll it out to millions of people."

Good article!

#29 jen-mac

Posted 25 April 2010 - 08:55 PM

Is it me or has the media gone quiet about this 'debacle' over the weekend?  The quietness feels like a political/drug company/media hush hush - too much money involved!  The Melbourne Storms seem to be getting all the airplay!  When will people realise that you just can't be a sheep & follow the flock?  You have to say "What the flock" & follow your own instincts.

#30 Feral-Lausii

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:04 PM

Jen- I thought exactly that today reading the paper. The storm and Anzac day and then halfway through the paper they mention the death of that poor toddler.  sad.gif  Mades on wonder even if all this crap with the storm wasn't going on would it still be non newsworthy?

Jo- Some people (like my ex) just can't see past the government says its ok, so it must be ok.. wink.gif

#31 Guest_**KM**_*

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:58 AM

Time to move to reporting on how bad non-vaxers are:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/sund...0-1225857812787

Even though it's intent was fear as usual with statements like this:

"If your child isn't immunised, they remain at risk of diseases that have pretty much gone away for everyone else," National Centre for Immunisation Research and Surveillance director Professor Peter McIntyre said.

Yeah sure Peter, never heard of vaccinated kids getting CP and WC after being vaxed  sick.gif

But other than that there is some good things in the article around payments still being made for being a conscientious objector and hopefully the article will get more parents to question why the rates of non-vaxing is increasing!

#32 upup

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:23 AM

Thanks for the links KM.

I love this statement which has pretty much been ignored,

Queensland Health says three children have been hospitalised and 41 have had adverse reactions, but only 15 of those cases were children under the age of five.

Why are they assuring people it is safe for over 5's when clear evidence points away from that?

I can't believe mothers still want to give flu vax after the Canadian study, also based on my own experiences those who have the vax inevitably get the flu.

I hope more parents start to question the vax, because it is wholly unecessary.

Edited by Ella31, 27 April 2010 - 08:24 AM.

#33 Sif

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:45 AM

Hi guys, don't think I've ever posted in this thread before but came upon it by chance this morning, and it couldn't have been a more serendipitous find!

Last week was so hard for me!  I had to get the CO form filled for my 18 month old (today!), but that wasn't too bad because the MCHN I choose this time is really even handed.  She said she was supposed to make me watch 2 DVDs before signing the form, and she showed me the covers, but said she didn't feel it was necessary to push this as I had already shown her that I was really well researched (and compared to other non-vaxxers, people, I'm here to tell you that I'm really not that well researched).  One of those DVDs was from the US.  It galls me that the only people who need to be "well researched" are those parents choosing not to vaccinate!  It's simply presumed that we are WRONG...

Then, I'm doing a Certificate III in Children's Services and this week we were doing a unit on Children's health and well being, which included 2 days of lectures about childhood illnesses and vaccinations.  The teacher was REALLY pro-vax and kept pretty much saying that not vaccinating was irresponsible and that childhood illnesses were deadly.  There was no concession for parents whose children had had adverse reactions, or who had (legitimate) concerns about toxins in vaccines (anyone noticed the recent anti-smoking ad on tv and it tells people cigarettes are bad because they contain chemicals that "are also found in" things like detergents)...  She actually told the class that Swine Flu "decimated the world last year".  DECIMATED THE WORLD, people!  So a tenth of the worlds population DIED.

THEN, there was this Panvax thing, which brought out all these articles, and FRUSTRATING commentary on the articles...  

Seriously, what's with everyone saying vaccinations have ERADICATED diseases.  Vaccinations have not eradicated any diseases to date.  No, not even smallpox...  Not only are there two seperately stored containers of smallpox on the globe (for future vaccine production, because even the scientists know you can't eradicate a bio-organism), but there was a suspected 4 cases in East Uganda in March.  Yes, only suspected but again, why suspect an ERADICATED disease.

Anyway, as you can tell, I'm feeling very frustrating, and somewhat alienated, so thanks for reading my vent if you got this far...

#34 Josunshine

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:58 PM

Welcome to the club Sif!  

...and i'm glad your little one seems to be doing ok Delilah.

here's a website that helps me arm myself with info for doctors visits and annoying relatives.

You've probably most all seen it but i'll post the link anyway for those who may be interested.

http://www.vaccineriskawareness.com/More-E...ly-To-Vaccinate

#35 sebtobi

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:03 PM

Hi

Just wanted to say you ladies rock!  My DH is a Chiropractor and I have a bachelor of health science in complementary medicine, so you could definately say we are well educated.  However, I still feel guilt about not vaccinating sometimes, as it can be a very isolating decision.  We treat a number of children who have had severe adverse reactions, so after seeing them there is no way we could do that to our children.  So keep up the good work at standing by your convictions.

Thanks for the tip on the childhood nurses being able to fill in the CO form, as I need to do DS2's form to get medicare off my back.  Had a very interesting talk with our nurse the other week, she said to me that officially she has to tell me I am a bad mother for not vaccinating, but she personally she thinks I am making the right decision and it is her belief that vaccines are making our children "dumb" (to quote).

I believe that if we make sure our children have the strongest immune system possible that even if they do get sick with one of these diseases (which we are all told are deadly, but I had every single childhood disease and survived) then they will have the ability to fit it off and have a stronger immune system for it.

I worry about children who are being so heavily vaccinated - especially with the flu vac - how is their immune system ever going to strengthen to enable them to fight off more infections when they are older.  Being sick is not a bad thing.

#36 SemiRuralGirl

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:11 PM

Tried to put your last 2 paragraphs in as a quote seb tobi, but my "insert in quotations" button is gone huh.gif

I wanted to say "totally agree" and welcome.

KM thanks for all those links.  Funny no more has been said about it - imagine if it were a non vaxd child in a coma from the disease!!  You'd never hear the end of it! rolleyes.gif

Oh well, we know the way it goes!!

#37 upup

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:46 AM

ABC Story on vaccines

Just a story I thought you guys might be interested in reading. We managed to get a reporter to read the terrible reaction stories on EB and actually report on it!

#38 Josunshine

Posted 30 April 2010 - 11:42 PM

Welcome Sebtobi!!

and thanks for the story link Ella....  how refreshing to hear a story that isn't completely one-sided!!

#39 *Bobcat*

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:53 AM

Hey Sebtobi

We could be twins!!!

My DH is a chiropractor and I have a Bachelor of Health Science in Complementary Medicine.

A colleague of my DH's recently had a baby, their 2nd, who contracted whooping cough in his first week of life. It was touch and go for a long while and now, months later, he still has not fully recovered. This occurrence has really put a lot of doubts into my DH's head re our un-vaccinated status.

He still completely believes that vaccines damage our kids and that our little boy should never be vaccinated but I think he secretly believes all other children should be vaccinated to keep our child and newborns safe.

It is such a culture of fear.

sad.gif

#40 upup

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:06 PM

What went wrong with the flu jab

An interesting story why the flu jab is causing problems

Professor Petrovsky said it was ''amazing that the regulatory system still doesn't require manufacturers like CSL to measure the amount of contaminating RNA, despite 50 years of data showing that RNA levels can vary greatly from vaccine to vaccine''.

''It's a nonsensical way to make a reliable product for human medical use,'' he said.

A CSL spokesman declined to respond.

Typical they know it is unsafe yet they still inject our babies with it. Mind you I don't like the alternative of using insects either. What do you girls think?

#41 Freethinker888

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:17 PM

Hi everyone,

My friend's daughter, who is in high school, was given the Rubella vaccine without her mother's permission being given. What action can she take? We're in QLD.

Thanks in advance.

#42 localyokel

Posted 26 May 2010 - 08:56 PM

Not sure what would be your first step Kristy Anne.  If the girl was 16 yo then they might have a loophole in treating her on her own permission.  But i know here (nsw) that the immunising staff put out the information/permision cards a few weeks ahead and then the cards are collected and only those who have permission to be vaccinated are done.  If you forget your card it doesnt happen.  They ask you not to return the cards if you are decliniing/refusing.  The school is actually quite feral about the permission system.  I imagine you would have received some sort of evidence that she had been vaccinated?  usually there is a slip given that is meant to be inserted in their vac record.  If you had the proof of vacc. and they had no permission card then you would prob talk to the head of the child and family health dept i would imagine.  
Ali

#43 sebtobi

Posted 27 June 2010 - 08:17 PM

Hello Ladies,

Just thought I had better start thinking about the conscientious objectors form as DS2 is approaching 18 months.  I think someone mentioned that you no longer needed it to be signed by a doctor or nurse and that you could do a stat dec.  I have downloaded the form, but there is not space for that.  Any ideas?  Going to call my lovely early childhood nurse tomorrow and see if she can sign it.

#44 Guest_**KM**_*

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:26 PM

ikt and MyBlessedAngel  Just letting you know I have reported your posts, as per the moderator of this sections original post, please note:

Please note: This thread is a supportive thread for people choosing not to vaccinate. There are many other areas of EB for people with opposing opinions to discuss them, so I would ask that this thread stays a supportive one. If you have any issues about this, please PM me.

#45 Chelli

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:53 PM

I have removed the reported posts as per the guidelines at the front page of this discussion. Failure to adhere to these guidelines will result in an official warning. This is a supportive thread and is to remain as such.

Thankyou
~Scarlett~

#46 unicorn

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (KristyAnne @ 25/05/2010, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everyone,

My friend's daughter, who is in high school, was given the Rubella vaccine without her mother's permission being given. What action can she take? We're in QLD.

Thanks in advance.

KristyAnne can you update on what, if any action was taken?
Whilst I have drummed into the boys no vaccs, I usually keep them home the days that the shots are being done at school for this reason.

#47 G+2

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:46 PM

Hello All,

Just started having a read of this forum, as I grew up having no immunisation as I fitted on one of the first ones I received. I also never had single "childhood" disease (Chickenpox etc.)  despite being around kids who did. Later in life to travel I have had immunisations, but I am mostly interested as I am now pregnant with twins and trying to decide what to do for my own children.

#48 SemiRuralGirl

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:43 PM

Hello All,

Just started having a read of this forum, as I grew up having no immunisation as I fitted on one of the first ones I received. I also never had single "childhood" disease (Chickenpox etc.) despite being around kids who did. Later in life to travel I have had immunisations, but I am mostly interested as I am now pregnant with twins and trying to decide what to do for my own children.

At least you're looking at your options.  cclap.gif

There's some great resources through this thread.  Enjoy researching!

#49 -river-

Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:01 PM

I read this thread often because my DS1 had seizures after the first lot of vaccines, he is now on a delayed schedule.

My problem is now with DS2 who is due for his first lot but of course I had planned to delay him until he was 6 or 12 months old. DH and I have been talking and now we are unsure because whooping cough is making a come back and was recently confirmed at DD's kindergarten. DD and DS1 got sick and were suspected WC I was told to pack up DS2 and get him out of the house.

We aren't touching any vaccines in the next week even though DD is fine now but DS1 is still sick (been on AB's for over a week now) I have DS2 back home because it was recommended that the kids do 5 full days of AB's before I return with DS2. Would have been nice if DD was tested but because she wasn't vomiting they didn't bother.

Now I'm stuck again and can't decide! To vaccinate or not?

#50 localyokel

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:36 PM

MRBM sorry you have this happening.  That really is bad news that they didnt test to see if it was WC!  Even if you didnt have a baby inthe house it should be tested not just 'oh we think...........' but with you having a baby and having to stay out of the house its really hard for you.  
I actually just came in to say that my DD's school told them that there was WC 'going  around' today and she informed them 'my mum says its always going around'.  The teacher wasnt impressed.  They must have had a case at the school i'd say but i love the terminology 'its going around'.  If there's a case or suspected case they should say that.  As a health worker i usually hear when its 'going around' so have a very good idea of how much there is and where it is.  Interestingly altho 'it is going around' there was no mention of unvaccinated kids staying home.  My dd has been in contact several times with people who've been tested positive for it and not had a problem yet, but with all the hassle about 'must be excluded from school in an outbreak' in primary its interesting to see how H.S takes it.  Ali

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.