Non-vaccinated kids discussion #9

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

#51 bekhenry

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:27 PM

Just thought id add that being vaccinated from whooping cough is no guareentee that your child wont get whooping cough. If you are very worried about it you can look into homeopathic vaccination, much safer and more effective.
Bek

#52 szj

Posted 10 September 2010 - 02:09 PM

hi all!!!!

My dd was vacinated to 3, I was a sheep (baaaaa!) and assumed it was all ok!!
DS2 was given vitamin k and the first lot of Hep B at birth.

I am due in 6 days at the most, would like your thoughts/feedback on these immunisations. I should add my births to date have been 'traumatic' and Vit K was strongly suggested because of this..

TIA

#53 Piyok0

Posted 13 December 2010 - 04:48 PM

Hi All,

I am very new to EB. Wow! Well I am neither a pro-vacc or a non-vacc, mainly cause I have no kids but am trying. What a read this has been, I have spent the past few weeks reading this forum topic and have learnt heaps. I am pretty certain I have made a decision about what I plan on doing about vaccs.

A little of my story, my Mum's husband has not been vacced and is in his mid 60s, one needle ever. My "SIL" has not vacced her 4yr old and I am pretty I will not be either. I was a sick child, my brother has ADD and teretes thought to be a cause of his 12mth vaccs and my DH has two siblings with aspergers.

I have grown up on natural therapies ranging from chiros to accupunture.

Well that's all from me just wanted to pop in and share.

#54 Guest_**KM**_*

Posted 14 December 2010 - 01:14 PM

Szj there was a great thread in the home birth forum on vitamin k, if you go into that forum and do a search you should find it (I would link it but I am on my daughters itouch right now. In regards to hep b its only necessary if you are a iv drug user, sex worker or have hep b yourself. Other than that it's unnecessary and is one vaccine that can cause new babies much distress. If you google hep b or vitamin k with home birth you will get mostly sites with good balanced information and not pro vaccine govt info like on many sites.

Hope that helps original.gif

#55 shushira

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:20 PM

hi to everyone!

what exactly do you say when people ask you about why you're not vaccinating you kids?

#56 webbk

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:23 PM

Hi to everyone,
This might have been covered in another thread, I'm not sure,
We're travelling to Bali in April with 2 unvaccinated children (14 months, 4 yrs), and I am starting to get a little worried as to the
kids being exposed to some serious diseases.  I am looking at
getting some homoeopathic vaccinations for travelling, but not
really sure which ones. Have many travelled to Bali and beyond
with unvaccinated children?  Is it really a greater risk?  Has anyone
given their children the homoeopathic vaccinations for travelling?
Any comments would be appreciated.
Kate

#57 Guest_**KM**_*

Posted 12 January 2011 - 01:21 PM

Webbk I have no idea as I don't homeopathically vaccinate, do you know a good homeopath who does homeopathic vaccination? I would make an appt with one and get their advice and then it's done properly original.gif

Shushira I don't often discuss it with anyone, if it does come up I just tell them it's is something I have researched in depth and even though I understand a decision not to vaccinate is not for everyone, I believe it's the right decision for us.

#58 raven74

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:19 AM

Hi Guys.
Can I ask about your unvaxed kids and childhood diseases?  If they got measels/mumps whatever, do you believe that they we more affected than other kids? Did they get seemingly *more* vaccinated illnesses than vaxed kids?  Very curious.
Dh is looking into someone in Perth who does homeopathic vaccines (tablet form) and apparently has supporting evidence that this method of vaccination is actually proven to be more effective than chemical vaccination.  I am going to be very interested in what he finds (dh is a naturopath and is quite keen to see her studies) and if it is worth doing.  He's so busy thought that he hasn't had time!
Does anyone else struggle at times with their decision?  While I know we are absolutely NOT going to chemically vaccinate I sometimes feel a bit guilty, which is quite silly really.

#59 tjmama

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:37 PM

Hi Ladies,

How lovely to find this group on here! biggrin.gif

I'm Trudy, 32yr old mum with 2 kidlets - 9yr DD & 2.5yr old DS. We live in QLD.

My DD is fully vaxed but won't be having anymore! And my DS is partially vaxed & won't be having anymore after he reacted badly to the Hep B at birth (I was dumb & didn't research)

Since then I've read alot & I am shocked by how many ppl don't bother to research (me having been one of them) and just willing 'go along' and believe what their Dr says.  *get me a bucket!*  sick.gif
How on earth can you not research WHAT is getting injected directly into yours or your child's blood stream?!

All my friends are pro-vax. And I've sat by watching them all go on about how good vaxes are but yet I see their kids being constantly sick, reacting to the vaxes, having epilepsy, getting infection after infection, eczema, asthma, allergies AND coming down with the exact 'disease' they've just been vaxed for!!!!
Hello... wake up!
My DH use to always get the flu shot (I stay well clear of all lethal jabs) and wadda ya know, every darn year he would get the flu. I kept saying the same thing to him every year (STOP the vaxing!) and low and behold he is healthy and hasn't got any flu!  
Gosh, healthy eating & a strong, built up immune system CAN and DOES work well! yyes.gif

Anyway, enough rambling, just wanted to give you gals a brief run down about me and say HELLO.
Very glad to meet other non-vaxers. I am on FB and so far, most ppl on the non-vaxing sites are from over sea's. Would love to know if you gals are fron Oz & where abouts?
As I said above all my RL friends are pro-vax, and even tho its not something we talk about nor is it an 'issue' it still makes me feel uneasy knowing that they are totally against my belief.

#60 tjmama

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:05 PM

szj  I don't know much about Vit K, but I'd stay as far away from ALL vaxes if I was you.
A newborn baby needs nothing else except breast milk. Hep B is NOT needed at all! Stay well away from it.
That jab knocked my newborn son for a double whammy and every day I live with his 'issues' for being dumb and not researching.

Piyok0
Hello, nice to meet you. Just cause you don't have kids yet doesn't mean you can't commit to pro or non vax.
The decision is yours. If you think non vaxing is what your will do when you do have children, then your a non-vaxer!  biggrin.gif  
How long have you been TTC?  Good luck with it and hope its not too longer journey for you.

shushira
Ditto to KM.  I don't bring it up. If they ask, I say that My DS reacted badly to his first one and since then I've researched and don't wish to vax him anymore. I then turn the table on them and ask them why THEY do vax!
They then scramble around & give a lame reason like - "My Dr said to."  I then asked them if they've researched or looked into vaxes. (stupid Q really, cause I KNOW the answer) but its nice to plant a seed of doubt into their one brain cell and hope it makes them open their eyes & look & research.

Pearler today- Was talking to a neighbour of mine, who is pg.  Asked her if she's vaxing her tiny, newborn baby when its born, to which she said "yes, my Dr said I should" I told her she should research FIRST & has she bothered to do any reading & that there's some good books & info on the net. she said "nahhh, all my friends vax & their kids are fine"
Thats the way, follow the flock, don't think for yourself or what reaction YOUR child might have, now or later in life.  ddoh.gif

#61 NutritionGal

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:18 PM

Howdy All,
my DD has not been vaccinated, no HEP-B or vitamin K when she was first born, either.  In fact, in my circle of friends, only 1 mother has vaccinated her child, the rest (7 mothers) don't believe in it.   of all the illnesses that has passed through our group, the vaccinated child has suffered the most.  When chicken pox went around, the breastfed non-vac chidren walked away with 1-4spots and no fever, the non-bfed & non-vac children walked away with more spots and no fever; the vac child, broke out in a fever, and many spots.

We have read http://www.beyondconformity.co.nz/books and we are in the health industry and do a lot of research.

I ordered this book, and it arrived within 10days, and it was a real eye opener.  For those who are after scientific, fact based research (with references), I strongly recommend this book.  It is free, even the postage, but they ask for donations, which I believe is very generous.

If you know of people who are 'umm-ing' and 'ahhh-ing' about vaccination, suggest this book.

It also talks about Panadol...fascinating!

#62 NutritionGal

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:19 PM

oh, by the way, I was reading somewhere that bfed babies reject the vaccine anyway.  Isn't that interesting?  Nature always prevails.

#63 Guest_Corey'smummy_*

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:45 PM

Hi ladies
I hope i am not interrupting here (sorry if i am)
I am think of starting to do this with ds.
My ds has been vaccinated up till 12 months i just have a couple of questions.
How to you explain to your doc's and health nurse that you do not want your child/ren vaccinated.
when ds was born they were telling me its best for the child and so on.
Also how is getting into schools and daycare/preschool with an un vaccinated child? i have heard it is hard in some schools.

Also when there are bugs and all (eg chicken pox whooping cough and all) going around how do you keep your children protected (i know you can not protect them all the time).

Also how do you deal with the people that say your putting your child's life in danger if you do not vaccinate.

Also do you think or feel that your child is lower immune system to children that are vaccinated?

Also what are your secret's of keeping your children healthy besides good diet and exercise.  
thanks any information would be great

#64 tjmama

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:56 PM

NutritionGirl
Hi biggrin.gif
I had heard of those books but haven't got around to reading them yet.
I'm still plogging along with "What your Dr may NOT tell you about Vax's" which I borrowed from my local library.

Nature always prevails.
Yep biggrin.gif  

Corey's Mummy
My DS is partially vaxed (I delayed until he was 2 but after further researching am refusing to vax him any further) and he is "due" for his next round in March, but I'll be visiting the Dr before then with a Conscientious Objector form in my hand & will be asking him to sign it. And informing him that I no longer wish to vax because I want to do MORE research before going any further. and then we'll have a lovely little 'chat' until we both get cranky at each other LOL
That form you can get off Medicare's website. And thats what you take with you instead of the 'vax book' for Daycare and School enrollments.  Most DC's and schools will say that one of their 'policies'  is to have your child stay away from school 'if and when' an 'outbreak' occurs.

Protecting any child from bugs is the same, - stay away from sick ppl, have strict hygiene and eat healthy & if you are getting sick, take vitamins or visit a naturopath.  From what I've seen and just like NutiritionGirl said, the fully vaxed get the 'bugs' alot more and alot worse than the unvaxed.
I've seen with my own two eyes, babies having whooping cough & chicken pox & measles & rota virus & meningitis & 'fits' etc and all these babies/children were FULLY vaxed!
Just because you are vaxed does NOT mean you are protected from the bug/disease!

I'm not putting my child's life in danger because I'm not injecting toxins and foreign bodies directly into his blood stream & running the risk of him reacting to the vax or ending up vax damaged!  My DS is the most healthiest child out of all of my friends - whose babies are all fully vaxed & are ALWAYS sick!

Are you on facebook? I suggest you look up some of the links that were previously posted in this thread & try joining some groups on facebook. There is loads of info out there :-)

Hope I was some help to you.   original.gif

#65 Piyok0

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (tjmama @ 14/01/2011, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Piyok0
Hello, nice to meet you. Just cause you don't have kids yet doesn't mean you can't commit to pro or non vax.
The decision is yours. If you think non vaxing is what your will do when you do have children, then your a non-vaxer!  biggrin.gif  
How long have you been TTC?  Good luck with it and hope its not too longer journey for you.

Lol I guess you are right. Well our TTC journey is debatable. Put it this way I have been off the pill 22 months but that is not necassarily meaning that we have been active since then. Long story not something to share here.

It will be really nice when the time comes to be able to come in here and get support, thankfully I will have a lot of support from my family.

#66 tjmama

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:34 PM

Piyok0
When ever you want, feel free to come and chat  biggrin.gif  Sending baby dust your way.  bbaby.gif

Found some links that the newer members might find useful with 'info.
The amazon link shows you books that you can read. they also have a 'star review' so you can see what other ppl think of that book.
http://www.amazon.com/Doctor-About-Childre.../ref=pd_sim_b_3

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/judith-acost...s_b_807382.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-20028903-10391695.html

#67 TwiceTheWoman

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:55 PM

Dear UNICORN,  I'm really feeling for you..........I swallowed the party line as a nurse until I was a midwife in private practice.  I respected the individual parents decision on vaccination, regardless. Along the way, I felt it was my moral and professional responsibility to read up and inform myself about the "against" side.

It should be a professional's responsibility to understand ALL sides of the argument.
What a learning curve!

Google The Australian Vaccination Network (AVN).  They may be able to help you in various ways.

Good luck and all the best!..........

#68 Guest_**KM**_*

Posted 21 January 2011 - 07:30 PM

Corey'smummy  My DD1 and DS are vaccinated except for their 4 yr old shots and my DD2 is completely unvaccinated!  Here are my answers to your questions:

How to you explain to your doc's and health nurse that you do not want your child/ren vaccinated.

I got away with it easy (I know not everyone does).  My health nurse knew my DH was a homeopath and said "You probably won't be vaccinating will you?" and I said "No" and that was it.  She was a very gentle supportive health nurse that I had researched and looked for whilst I was pregnant.  My doctor has never asked as he hasn't been involved in any vaccination stuff and my DD2 has only ever had one appointment with him since she was born 28 months ago.

Also how is getting into schools and daycare/preschool with an un vaccinated child? i have heard it is hard in some schools.

There's no issue, you just need to do your conscientious objector form (my health nurse signed mine) and then they send you a letter that states you have conscientious objector status.  My DD2 has been in day care since she was 2 years old with no issues.  If there are issues then it's usually because the school/child care etc are uneducated in the law and that you have a right to access them.

Also when there are bugs and all (eg chicken pox whooping cough and all) going around how do you keep your children protected (i know you can not protect them all the time).

Also do you think or feel that your child is lower immune system to children that are vaccinated?

Also what are your secret's of keeping your children healthy besides good diet and exercise.
thanks any information would be great

I'll answer these all at once.  My personal approach has to be as natural as possible.  My DD2 was born at home with no drugs in her system at all for labour and birth, she was breastfeed exclusively until 6-8 months (she didn't really take any food until 8 months but we started offering at 6 months).  She has only ever had 3 doses of panadol in her 28 months and 2 of these she threw up so now we don't even try.  She's had strong naturopathically prescribed pro-biotics when she has been sick (which has only been a few times) and also is treated with mega dosing of Vitamin C.  She had a very basic diet and organic mostly until 12 months and hasn't really had sugary stuff until she was a bit older.  We use homeopathic remedies to treat any symptoms that she has had and also things such as an amber teething necklace for teething etc.  I demand feed and am still breastfeeding at 28 months (this has been a life saver when she's been sick) and have parented her very gently with her still sleeping in our room.  

I believe my DD2's immune system is very strong and stronger than many kids around her who are fully vaccinated and seem to be forever sick.  She's never had to miss a day of day care as yet or anything due to being excluded.  If she was excluded or exposed to certain things I would start giving her pro-biotics and then wait for symptoms and then begin with Vit C mega-dosing and an appropriate homeopathic remedy.

I think the other necessary things in having an un vaxed child is to have a good relationship with your naturopath and/or homeopath and consult them when your child is sick.  Doctors are never my first port of call (unless I need to take her to emergency which has never happened as yet) and I always use natural means first before anything else.  

There is heaps of information around on the net about how to boost the immune system and how to give you child the most unstressful environment for their immune system's to flourish.

Also how do you deal with the people that say your putting your child's life in danger if you do not vaccinate.

I don't, if someone said that to me I'd tell them that it was a topic that was 'off limits'.  My dad has raised it a few times and sometimes I have stated certain facts (eg. it's the vaccinated kids getting sick dad and not the unvaxed ones!) but usually I stay away from the topic as it's a personal decision my DH and I have made and we are not interested in justifying it to anyone!

ETA:  Oh and I just thought I would add that personally I don't go near the AVN, I find them very biased and fear based in their approach.  I am not interested in fear, just the facts and the knowledge of how I can give my kids the best possible health.  There are good books out there, just start reading and see where it takes you!

Edited by **KM**, 21 January 2011 - 07:32 PM.

#69 tjmama

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:23 AM

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url...;qid=1296696082

^^ shows heaps of books you can read.

I went to my local library & found 'What your Dr may NOT tell you about vaxes'  Its informative and opens yous eyes. But I have heaps on that above book list that I still want to read.. going to take me along time to read everything lol

#70 tjmama

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:34 PM

Hi Cotton Gusset

Well Done to you for actually wanting to research and for saying NO & using your brain instead of just doing it because you were told to.
tthumbs.gif

Are you on facebook? There are heaps of vax pages with alot of really good info there.

Congrats on your 5th pregnancy (ekk your brave! lol)
The more you read into vaxes the more you will be against them (well, thats how I feel anyway)
I don't have any 'alternatives' I just keep away from sick ppl, am very strict with hygiene, eat healthy, & if I or my kids are feeling low, take some vitamins.  
Having  homeopath & naturopath connections is fantastic, they will be able to help you out.
I am on the look out for a good one in my area for 'when/if' I need them.

Good Luck with your research and well done for opening your eyes & wanting to research cclap.gif

#71 MyMiracleBabies

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:44 PM

Hi,

I have just started reading this group. I am a mother to two boys. Me eldest is 6 and he is vaccinated. My youngest is 3 and he is partially vaccinated. He had a bad reaction to one of them so he is not having any more. Any future kids i have will not be vaccinated at all.

I have been so shocked as to when i have been asked about vaccinating my kids and i tell people why i am not. I cant believe how people atack me. I have lost friends all because of my decision not to vaccinate. I was so stupid not to have done research before vaccinating but i was dumb cause i didn't think i had a choice. My eldest son had a reaction to the newborn one, but i was not aware until now that it was in connection to the vaccine. So then i had my second son and he had a reaction, so no more vaccines.

I love the fb pages, thanks so much for that. I am trying to get as much info as possible, so thank you all.

Mel

#72 tjmama

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:59 PM

Hi Mel :-)

Its sad that alot of us don't actually realise the dangers in vaxes until we see the effects first hand. - and then its too late! But its great that you have opened your eyes to them and are smarter and wiser now.

I have friends who are also like yours. But if they are so narrow minded to not fully research into vaxes & want to carry on with their hands over their ears & eyes. Then I'd rather they weren't my friend!

There is so much info out there & so much that Dr's don't tell you!

Glad you've joined this group. I am on fb too, if you want to add me, just PM me for my details.  biggrin.gif

#73 MyMiracleBabies

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:01 AM

Hey everyone,

I am hoping this is allowed, as its not a selling pitch, just an information website, but i found this website really informative, and there are heaps of articles too which are so informative.

www.doctorsaredangerous.com

There is a page in there on the risks of vaccines etc.

I hope its ok to post this,
Mel

Sorry i should have added you need to go into the article section and it will bring up heaps of articles about health and vaccines!

Edited by MyMiracleBabies, 10 February 2011 - 09:03 AM.

#74 zanjabil

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:14 PM

Hi,

Sorry I haven't read through a lot of posts but was wondering if anyone has any info on measles and not being vaccinated? My 2 kids are not vaccinated at all. I am thinking to put them in childcare 2 days a week - DD1 is 3.5 and DD2 is 1 year 2 months. The center I was considering just had a measles outbreak. And whilst I don't want to really put them in childcare I have to at the moment.. but I'm worried now about if they get something and how dangerous it can be for them.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thankyou.

#75 MyMiracleBabies

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:31 AM

Hi,

I would be careful as the MMR vaccine has been linked to autism, in saying that more tests need to be done to support this evidence. However, the hindreds of case studies of kids with autism would point towards this vaccine as the culprit.

MMR vaccine dangers ...

http://mmsmiracle.wordpress.com/2008/08/07...accine-dangers/

http://www.nccn.net/~wwithin/mmr.htm

http://www.bmj.com/content/323/7317/838.full

This website has some info ... especially on natural remedies ...

http://www.online-vitamins-guide.com/dieta...ure/measles.htm

http://www.natural-homeremedies.org/homeremedies-measles.htm

Some food for thought. Research both sides of the vaccine war to setermine what is the best for your child.

Best of luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.