Non-vaccinated kids discussion #9

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

#76 purplekitty

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (MyMiracleBabies @ 21/02/2011, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

I would be careful as the MMR vaccine has been linked to autism, in saying that more tests need to be done to support this evidence. However, the hindreds of case studies of kids with autism would point towards this vaccine as the culprit.

MMR vaccine dangers ...

http://mmsmiracle.wordpress.com/2008/08/07...accine-dangers/

http://www.nccn.net/~wwithin/mmr.htm

http://www.bmj.com/content/323/7317/838.fullchild.

Your information is years out of date.

#77 Soontobegran

Posted 21 February 2011 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE (MyMiracleBabies @ 21/02/2011, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

I would be careful as the MMR vaccine has been linked to autism, in saying that more tests need to be done to support this evidence. However, the hindreds of case studies of kids with autism would point towards this vaccine as the culprit.

MMR vaccine dangers ...

http://mmsmiracle.wordpress.com/2008/08/07...accine-dangers/

http://www.nccn.net/~wwithin/mmr.htm

http://www.bmj.com/content/323/7317/838.full

Yes , I know this is not a section for me but Mod, surely you do not want to see such outdated information/advice being perpetuated on EB.
Citing links as aged as these does nothing for the anti-vax stance. The link between MMR and autism have been throughly scientifically refuted for years, a fact supported by the autism support group 'autismspectrum.org'

#78 justpeppermint

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:28 AM

Hi guys I just found this thread.

First of all YAY. I don't usually talk about these things, especially on EB but what the heck.

My son is 3 (he had the hep b and vit k and none since) and my daughter is 2 (vit k only). After the hep b for my7 son I realised I needed to think more about this, especially when my mother told me about some of her extended family having reactions to the MMR, the worst case being her cousin who developed encephalitis and a multitude of conditions which lead her to be permanently disabled and died at age 35.

I did discuss this with my doctor at the time, the reaction from her shocked me to say the least. She told me that my mother had either remembered details incorrectly or simply MADE IT ALL UP. Seriously? Yes because no one has reactions to vaccines....right

I don't know if I would have a reaction because my mother refused the MMR for me, but this interaction lead to me to look into it further. I did however get the rubella vacc pushed on me when I had my son, about 10 mins after the birth with them saying you need this because you don't have the antibodies or what have you, I was a bit spaced to say the least and they injected my leg with it. I had numbness the size of a saucer for the next 7 months... what would that do to a child??

For one thing I wanted my childrens immune systems to have a chance at developing on their own. I have always kept my options open in case something groundbreaking changed my mind. And as we get into the phase where I would want them to go to daycare it is becoming more pressing.

One thing I have come across in seeking to get my CO form is that the GP's here SUCK. I have been to several, most refuse point blank.
The last one I pressed as to why he wouldn't sign it, his response? because I don't believe in it.
I understand that, some people are very pro vacc. BUT NONE OF THESE SO CALLED MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS EVEN TRIED TO TALK ME INTO IT OR CHANGE MY MIND!!?
What's the go? I would have respected their opinion a lot more if they had even asked me why I had decided not to vacc

conscientious objections .... Note, however, that because many doctors have (illegally) refused to cooperate and sign the form, the government is willing to accept a statutory declaration (signed only by the parent and a JP witness) in lieu of a completed conscientious objection form.'

Is this right? Is there anyway I can find more information on that? My ex partner (the kids father) is supportive and would be happy to sign it too.

I've just come to dead ends with GP's and the like.

Oh and for the record, my children are very very healthy. The worst was my son having an ear ache. I wish I had their immune system lol

#79 Guest_**KM**_*

Posted 22 February 2011 - 03:43 PM

Yes , I know this is not a section for me but Mod, surely you do not want to see such outdated information/advice being perpetuated on EB.
Citing links as aged as these does nothing for the anti-vax stance. The link between MMR and autism have been throughly scientifically refuted for years, a fact supported by the autism support group 'autismspectrum.org'

STBG I would encourage you if you have an issue with anything being said in this thread (if you feel the need to 'check on it') that you PM the mod and not post in the actual group.  I respect your views but many here beg to differ which is why this is set up.  I haven't read the links but there are many non-vaccinators who do not believe the 'so called' proven non-link between the MMR and autism, many believe it with everything within them as they have experienced a normal child change within seconds, hours, overnight etc after the MMR shot.  I don't know for sure, but I have a huge issue with multiple vaccines being administered and believe there are all sorts of possible responses by an infant's body/brain that may not make sense in 'science'.  Anyway, just because there may be links shared in here that you don't agree with, please respect that we are all adults and have the power to make up our own minds and don't need extra advice by supporters of vaccinators in general around what information we do and don't look at.

Just a quick post to my buddy group members to say that I am actually leaving EB in the next week for good.  I am just finishing copying some history of mine so I can provide my kids a bit of a pregnancy/birth etc diary for them when they are older and might want to see what my experiences were like.  I am nearly finished it so think probably early next week I will be asking for my account to be deleted.  I hope all goes well for everyone and thank you for everything you have shared in this group that have seen me move from being a fully vaccinating parent to a non-vaccinating/delayed vaccinating parent, I really treasure your support  original.gif

#80 mustangshelly

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:32 PM

Hello everyone,

Good to know this thread exists.  Can't believe the hostility expressed by pro-vaxers in the other threads.  My children are partially vaxed.  They don't have the MMR vaccine.  My decision comes from watching a program linking it with autism many years ago in London and doing research.  I know it has supposedly been disproven but after doing heaps of reading (including Court cases that are going on in the US) have made the decision it's not right for us.  I think kids are injected with way too much for their young bodies to handle.  I must admit I was one of the sheep who never thought to question the vaccinations that are given to children and did it because my doctor told me too with the exception of the MMR.  

When DD2 was due for her MMR, my doctor and the practice nurse tried to scare me into doing it by telling me there was a huge outbreak down the Gold Coast and I really needed to do it, I told them no I'm not doing it.  

My DD2 is supposed to get the Chicken Pox vaccination now but am not sure.  

I got the whooping cough vaccine shortly after DD2 was born and ended up with it shortly after.  Honestly wish I would never have gotten the vaccine as still struggling with it 1 1/2 years later as it's made my asthma unstable.  I also did it because it was what was recommended.  Should have thought that DH had whooping cough when I was pregnant with DD2 and if I didn't get it then I wasn't going to get it.  

My family daycare lady quit yesterday so I contacted a centre (my neighbour across the road runs it) about caring for my children and their policy on non-vaxed kids.  I asked her if she's ever had a measles outbreak at any of the centres she's worked and she said no and their policy is that they will ring me if a child has the disease and it's my decision as to whether or not to pull my children out.

I make sure my kids eat healthy and always get home cooked food and they don't get to have very much processed food because of the chemicals in them.  

It's hard being a parent as you always want to do the right thing by your children and you get others (pro-vaxers) telling you you're being selfish by not vaccing for the community and you're endangering their child.  After reading all the other immunisations threads I was wavering about my decision (about putting other kid's lives in danger) and discussed it with my husband yesterday.  He said, yes but the community is not going to help you if you're raising a child that's been brain damaged by the vaccine are they, which I thought was a very good point.

Don't feel so alone knowing I'm not the only one that objects.  

Cheers,
Michelle

Edited by mustangshelly, 22 February 2011 - 04:38 PM.

#81 Chelli

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:54 PM

Hi,
Just a quick note to say that the information shared in this thread (and elsewhere on the EB forum) should not be relied upon as a medical fact and people should always get information from a qualified professional. However, given that this is a supportive thread, the validity or non validity of studies undertaken and results discussed, should be between the like minded members of this thread.

As stated in the OP, there will always be those with opposing views and that is fine, but there are many other places to discuss those opposing views elsewhere on the boards.
The decision to not vaccinate children is a choice that individual parents have a right to make and this thread is a safe place where they can discuss this choice.

I will now start a new thread for this discussion original.gif

Kind regards
Chelli

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.