Raw Milk delivery?

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 Just Mel

Posted 12 March 2010 - 11:07 PM

I have been reading about raw milk and am really keen on giving it ago but read about the Toodyay fires destroying the dairy up there. Can anyone tell me if they are back running now or is there someone else I should be getting in contact with who are as good as them?

*Not that I am thinking of drinking it, it is totally for our baths, k  ph34r.gif

Any help would be much appreciated, even a PM original.gif

Edited 'cause I can't spell! LOL

Edited by Just Mel, 12 March 2010 - 11:07 PM.

#2 blissfulqueenb

Posted 14 March 2010 - 09:27 AM

Here you go:

Thankyou for enquiring about wisebathmilk. My name is Neil Wiese and after much consultation and an enormous amount of planning and expense, it is my intention to supply to consumers like yourself a top quality supply of bath milk to the metropolitan area. We deliver direct to your door on Tuesday and Wednesday each week. Ultimately, we plan to provide this service on a more frequent basis, but we need to walk before we fly!
If you wish to contact me or receive bathing milk  please email wisebathmilk@yahoo.com.au or alternatively ring 0422942774 with details as follows:
1. Your name and phone number.
2. How much you would like on a weekly basis.
3. Delivery address.
Terms of receiving Bathing milk are below and form an agreement between all parties, by requesting bathing milk and/or receiving bathing milk it will be taken that all parties are in agreement as follows:
1.      The milk is supplied strictly for Bathing/cosmetic purposes only, any suggestion the milk will be consumed will result in the milk supply being withdrawn.
2.      The milk is of high quality and is refrigerated at all times being always handled at human consumption standards. Prior to delivery the milk will only have been in the farm milk vat and the refrigerated stainless vessel on the delivery vehicle.
3.      It is envisaged the milk will be delivered on the same day it came from the cow, or the following day and hence should last approx. 7 days if refrigerated at all times.
4.      Tender for milk will be strictly cash only, and correct change would be appreciated.
5.      Price will be $2.50 per litre for 20 litres or more; and $3.00 per litre for 19 litres and less. This price is interim and subject to change in the future.
6.      Containers provided will be filled on the spot, If needed 5 litre food grade containers are available at a cost of $1.50 each (They are carried on the delivery vehicle, are new, not cleaned or washed).
7.      All transactions are of a private nature, there will be no trading with businesses or corporations.
8.      Every attempt will be made to deliver at the same time each week, once-off delivery amounts do not assist in ongoing growth, so will unfortunately be given lower priority and supplied from milk excess once regular deliveries are done.
9.      In establishing regular runs every effort will be made to create consistency and reliability. Larger deliveries will be given higher priority so “pooling” will benefit all of us.
10.  The delivery vehicle can be phoned direct on 0422942774.
Having been raised on a cattle/sheep farm (that my grandfather operated as a dairy), I feel well placed to provide you with a top quality milk supply that will further improve as deliveries increase. I see this as a wonderful opportunity for the people of the metro area (and beyond eventually), to have a regular, high quality and very affordable supply of bathmilk delivered to your door.

You can also buy it from Precious Organics.  Oh, and Alive Organics on Walter Road, Bayswater sell the Cleopatra's Bath Milk, but it's stored in plastic and a few days old already by the time it gets to WA.

From what I've been told, Avon Valley won't be starting up again.  (I'm pretty sure they had the last stock of Ayrshire cows in WA with no more sperm allowed accross the border).  sad.gif   This other milk is from Jersey cows, which is OK, but not a patch on Ayrshire.

Edited by blissfulqueenb, 14 March 2010 - 09:36 AM.

#3 Just Mel

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:07 PM

Thanks so much Carla! That is a huge help original.gif

That is so sad that Avon Valley won't be re-opening, those poor people sad.gif

#4 blissfulqueenb

Posted 18 March 2010 - 11:46 PM

All good Mel. Had our first delivery from this mob on Tuesday.  That day's milk delivered on time,  fresh, in stainless steel, refrigerated truck.  You supply your own glass bottles if that's what you want or if you don't mind plastic, they can use theirs.  

(Just perfect for cool, refreshing baths)  original.gif

#5 Alina0210

Posted 19 March 2010 - 10:32 AM

Glad the milk is perfect for baths Tounge1.gif  
going to email the guy now and get a delivery...

#6 StudentOfEarth

Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:24 PM

I know this is a super old post but I just joined and was wondering if anyone on here is still active?

And if by some freakish chance that people are active, does anyone have an updated contact for the bath milk delivery mentioned above? As i did actually email the address given and it bounced back. I kinda expected it but considering what a hard time I'm having in finding bath milk in Perth, i was willing to give it a go.

*fingers crossed*

#7 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:39 PM

There has been work done in the health & consumer affairs industry to call out the BS bath milk.  I'm out of date with it all as I'm not working, but I'm pretty sure the states have banded together to get it all stopped.

#8 2004member

Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:11 PM

There is a coroner's report of a little boy who was drinking the milk and died as a result of an infection. I would caution anyone considering it to read that report first.

#9 Jenflea

Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:32 PM

Why on earth would you want to sit in a bath of unpasteurised milk?

I shudder to think of what infections and bugs it'd have.

#10 *Spikey*

Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:34 PM

Unpasteurised milk can contain deadly pathogens - see aforementioned coroner's report.

Consequently, it would be unsuitable for consumption or use with small children who might mistakenly assume it was drinkable, seeing as how it looks like safe milk unless you've got a microscope.

If you want raw milk, buy a cow and milk it yourself - that hasn't been banned.

View PostJenflea, on 24 January 2019 - 04:32 PM, said:

They don't. They want to drink it because pasteurisation is 'bad'.

#11 Froyo

Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:41 PM

Pasteurisation was a major scientific breakthrough saving countless lives. It is for the best that you haven't been able to contact a supplier.

#12 Daffy2016

Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:54 PM

View Post*Spikey*, on 24 January 2019 - 04:34 PM, said:

They don't. They want to drink it because pasteurisation is 'bad'.

Pretty sure tuberculosis and salmonella are worse.

#13 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:57 PM

One thing I love about EB is that it's on the side of science.

Jenflea, "bathmilk" is sold labelled as a product not for human consumption (like WD40 or liquid soap is also not for human consumption) so it doesn't need to be pasteurised and meet food standards, because it's not sold as food and not covered by the food standards code.

People buy it and drink it anyway.

Consumer law is catching up and going the way of requiring bathmilk to contain added substances to make it undrinkable.  I'm rusty in this as I haven't been working so I cant be sure if this got through the legislative changes or became national.

#14 Nobodyelse

Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:19 PM

Ah yes. Before there were Tide Pods there was raw milk.

We humans are a daft lot.

#15 Future-self

Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:50 PM

That was pretty typical of 2010 EB though.
All about  the freebirthing, antivax, and raw milk...

#16 ~J_F~

Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:02 PM

View PostFuture-self, on 24 January 2019 - 05:50 PM, said:

That was pretty typical of 2010 EB though.
All about  the freebirthing, antivax, and raw milk...

Such a different place from today’s EB!

#17 Nobodyelse

Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:07 PM

MCN were huge! People were spending $50+ on one nappy with a ruffle bum and some embroiding saying 'Princess'. A $50+ on a bespoke poo catching, bum mit.

#18 *holdontight*

Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:29 PM

ah no...

Edited by letten, 24 January 2019 - 06:29 PM.

#19 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:43 PM

View PostNobodyelse, on 24 January 2019 - 06:07 PM, said:

MCN were huge! People were spending $50+ on one nappy with a ruffle bum and some embroiding saying 'Princess'. A $50+ on a bespoke poo catching, bum mit.

I got in on the MCN!  Though I'm sure I didn't pay$50 for one.  Used them too, mostly.  I only stopped when DS was diagnosed with ASD and I couldn't deal with everything going on.

I used to read the homebirth threads as well.  Decided while in labour (and not fully present with reality) with DD that I should stay home and not go into hospital.  My mother was banging about the kitchen making a racket so I was then happy to get out of there.

View Postletten, on 24 January 2019 - 06:29 PM, said:

ah no...

sooo want to know what you wrote and deleted.
Teaser

#20 Nobodyelse

Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:47 PM

View PostHypnic Jerk, on 24 January 2019 - 06:43 PM, said:

I got in on the MCN!  Though I'm sure I didn't pay$50 for one.  Used them too, mostly.  I only stopped when DS was diagnosed with ASD and I couldn't deal with everything going on.

I got into it too but I was China cheapies and by #2, the upkeep was too much.

#21 Jenflea

Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:53 PM

I loved MCN's!

I bought heaps but never the frilly embroidered ones.

#22 JRA

Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:59 PM

View PostJenflea, on 24 January 2019 - 04:32 PM, said:

People were buying it to drink.

Because the safety that pasteurisation provided is/was seen to be bad.

#23 Froyo

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:12 PM

It seems to be aligned with the appeal to nature fallacy- that "natural" = safe and "unnatural/processed" etc = unsafe.

Edited by Froyo, 24 January 2019 - 07:13 PM.

#24 JRA

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:14 PM

View PostFroyo, on 24 January 2019 - 07:12 PM, said:

It seems to be aligned with the appeal to nature fallacy- that "natural" = safe and "unnatural/processed" etc = unsafe.

Yep, all the horrible natural nasties are just so much safer.

#25 Cimbom

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:16 PM

I know of somewhere that sells unpasteurised milk but not in WA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.