Raw Milk delivery?

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#51 Nobodyelse

Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:48 AM

View PostStudentOfEarth, on 24 January 2019 - 01:24 PM, said:

I know this is a super old post but I just joined and was wondering if anyone on here is still active?

And if by some freakish chance that people are active, does anyone have an updated contact for the bath milk delivery mentioned above? As i did actually email the address given and it bounced back. I kinda expected it but considering what a hard time I'm having in finding bath milk in Perth, i was willing to give it a go.

*fingers crossed*

View PostStudentOfEarth, on 25 January 2019 - 11:44 AM, said:

It is sad when people's egos are so fragile that they have to resort to ad hominem and implications of idiocy instead of having an adult conversation. But I suppose that is just too much for some.

It's funny because there was no "absolute" with the child dying. It was just what was assumed. It was a "probable cause" in other words they don't know. Very little information was given. There are many factors in health and sickness and none were provided. Isn't that odd? Nah must of been the milk without a doubt! *eye roll*
Considering how many people drink raw milk in countries where it is legal, why do you not hear of thousands of people dying? Wouldn't it be an epidemic? Why is raw milk not illegal in every country if it is so dangerous? Why is it that people in "primitive" parts of the world who consume large quantities of raw dairy, why are they not dying? Why are they in such good health?
Why do you never hear about pasteurised milk causing sickness? And yes it does happen.
https://www.realmilk...steurized-milk/
I don't really care to change anyone's mind on the matter. That was never my goal or interest and making my comment. Resorting to character attacks shows me that you are not worth having a discussion with and are not capable of tolerating difference of opinion.
We all don't have to agree but we could at least all act like adults. That'd be refreshing.

If you don't like something. Cool. There is such a thing as scrolling along. Not saying anything. It's quite simple really.

Have a nice day Posted Image

What?

Edited by Nobodyelse, 25 January 2019 - 11:49 AM.

#52 just roses

Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:59 AM

It is sad when people's egos are so fragile that they have to resort to ad hominem and implications of idiocy instead of having an adult conversation. But I suppose that is just too much for some.
Lol.

#53 *Spikey*

Posted 25 January 2019 - 12:11 PM

New  person resurrects a zombie thread and demands that people don't respond with facts about the product she is trying to source while lying about what she intends to use it for, and she is the one chucking a hissy.

Yeah. As you were EB, I am sure she will find a crunchy mama group out there somewhere.

#54 born.a.girl

Posted 25 January 2019 - 01:17 PM

It's funny because there was no "absolute" with the child dying. It was just what was assumed. It was a "probable cause" in other words they don't know. Very little information was given. There are many factors in health and sickness and none were provided. Isn't that odd? Nah must of been the milk without a doubt! *eye roll*
Considering how many people drink raw milk in countries where it is legal, why do you not hear of thousands of people dying? Wouldn't it be an epidemic? Why is raw milk not illegal in every country if it is so dangerous? Why is it that people in "primitive" parts of the world who consume large quantities of raw dairy, why are they not dying? Why are they in such good health?
Why do you never hear about pasteurised milk causing sickness? And yes it does happen.
I don't really care to change anyone's mind on the matter. That was never my goal or interest and making my comment. Resorting to character attacks shows me that you are not worth having a discussion with and are not capable of tolerating difference of opinion.
We all don't have to agree but we could at least all act like adults. That'd be refreshing.

If you don't like something. Cool. There is such a thing as scrolling along. Not saying anything. It's quite simple really.

One word:  Science.

Is it o.k. to laugh at flat eathers, too, or should we keep a poker face and nod attentively as they share their adult views with us?

#55 MissHLH

Posted 25 January 2019 - 01:21 PM

Leaving dangerous ideas unchallenged is dangerous.  Even if people don't change your mind, at least someone else reading this later will get bode 'sides' of the argument.

#56 Oriental lily

Posted 25 January 2019 - 01:40 PM

Studentonearth  if you actually read the thread and absorbed things that had actually been written it has be said raw milk is generally fine if consumed within a couple of hours of being milked . Other times raw milk is used to make cheeses ect which also changes the bacteria make up .

All those countries doing that with raw milk are not bottling it, pretending it’s supposed to be used in a bath, then putting a fancy label on it and selling it to suckers thinking they are drinking the honey of the gods!

Pasturisation became a life saver when the Industrial Age happened and people moved away from the source (farms with cows) and started drinking days old raw milk with high bacterial loads . It killed many many people .

You do realise we live in an industrialised country and most people don’t have a cow in their backyard ?

Thus the beauty of pasteurised cow juice .

If you want to drink it from the udder buy a cow .

Don’t expose vulnerable people to your fanciful ideas .

#57 purplekitty

Posted 25 January 2019 - 01:50 PM

If you want to be taken seriously don't link Weston Price and maybe don't be dishonest about your motives.

https://www.cdc.gov/...milk-index.html

#58 suline

Posted 25 January 2019 - 01:58 PM

Which “primitive” counties consume large amounts of cow milk? Do you want links to outbreaks around the world, links to illness outbreaks or just those leading to death? Outbreaks of tuberculosis, E. coli, campylobacter, salmonella.

The toddler that died, well there were 4 other small kids who also drank the exact same milk and had they same symptoms (sh*tting blood and renal failure basically) who didn’t die. The coroner was pretty certain that the raw milk whatever bug it contained lead to his death.

Edited by suline, 25 January 2019 - 01:59 PM.

#59 CallMeFeral

Posted 25 January 2019 - 03:41 PM

People do get sick and die from raw milk, regularly. For instance (from  https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4890836/)

"By 1900, it was estimated that as many as 10% of all tuberculosis cases in humans were caused by infection via milk consumption, and in 1910, a tuberculosis epidemic spread through Illinois, infecting over 300 000 cattle.2"

" If we look back to just before World War II, in 1938, it was estimated that milkborne outbreaks constituted 25% of all disease outbreaks (related to food/water) in the United States. Today, with the widespread use of pasteurization and other sanitation procedures outlined in the PMO, milk and fluid milk products account for less than 1% of reported outbreaks caused by food/water consumption.9 There were 121 dairy product outbreaks where the pasteurization status was known; among these, 73 (60%) involved raw milk products and resulted in 1571 reported cases, 202 hospitalizations, and 2 deaths. A total of 55 (75%) outbreaks occurred in the 21 states that permitted the sale of raw milk. States that restricted the sale of raw milk had fewer outbreaks and illnesses. In an updated report covering the 6-year period from 2007 to 2012, the average number of outbreaks associated with nonpasteurized milk was 4-fold higher during this 6-year period (average 13.5 outbreaks/year) than that reported in the previous review of outbreaks during 1993–2006.11"

It's not really a contentious claim. Nor is it a conspiracy theory. There is no 'big pharma' who stands to benefit from promoting the life saving advantages of pasteurisation.
And anyone who sees a post implying that someone is doing something that is endangering their own life and possibly that of their children, is doing the right thing by raising the risks rather than scrolling past.

#60 Lunafreya

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:00 PM

What used to happen to get milk to people in cities is dairyoes had cows in cramped little stalls who hardly saw sunlight. And yes, this made inferior milk which was then doctored to make it look better.

#61 marple

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:20 PM

What advantage do the "raw milk" people thing they are getting by drinking it?
I understand they think pasteurisation is bad because they are dingbats but what do they think they are gaining from raw milk?
Why don't they just not drink milk?

#62 Lunafreya

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:53 PM

Why not just vaccinate?
Why not just not shove coffee up your bum?

#63 Mmmcheese

Posted 25 January 2019 - 05:10 PM

View Postmarple, on 25 January 2019 - 04:20 PM, said:

I understand they think pasteurisation is bad because they are dingbats but what do they think they are gaining from raw milk?

I think the thinking is that pasteurisation kills off the good bacteria along with the bad ones. A bit like antibiotics kill the good gut bacteria along with the bad. I know cheesemakers like a bit of raw milk for the different bacterias.

#64 nup

Posted 25 January 2019 - 06:22 PM

View Postmarple, on 25 January 2019 - 04:20 PM, said:

Read Weston A Price. They claim it changes the fats and proteins but also the enzymes. Milk is a central part of the diet. IMO they recommend drinking excessive amounts of milk

#65 StudentOfEarth

Posted 27 January 2019 - 09:01 PM

Poor people can't handle discussion so have to resort to ad hominem and diversions once again. Predictable but not surprising :)
Thanks for playing sheeples.

#66 ~J_F~

Posted 27 January 2019 - 09:07 PM

:rofl:

I love it when someone has to have the last say to prove just how smart and enlightened they are.

#67 Greatmum

Posted 27 January 2019 - 09:15 PM

They want to drink it not bath in it. But u can sell unpasteurised milk to drink.

#68 Sancti-claws

Posted 27 January 2019 - 09:52 PM

Aw bless, she called us sheeples...

#69 Future-self

Posted 27 January 2019 - 09:55 PM

View PostSancti-claws, on 27 January 2019 - 09:52 PM, said:

It’s The Woo Bingo!

#70 CallMeFeral

Posted 27 January 2019 - 09:57 PM

View Post~J_F~, on 27 January 2019 - 09:07 PM, said:

I love it when someone has to have the last say to prove just how smart and enlightened they are.

Especially when they use the script they already used once because they think it sounds impressive, even though they don't appear to understand the actual terms they used...

#71 Nobodyelse

Posted 27 January 2019 - 09:59 PM

View PostSancti-claws, on 27 January 2019 - 09:52 PM, said:

We'll be snowflakes will be next.

#72 Wolf87

Posted 27 January 2019 - 10:38 PM

View PostStudentOfEarth, on 27 January 2019 - 09:01 PM, said:

Poor people can't handle discussion so have to resort to ad hominem and diversions once again. Predictable but not surprising :)

StudentOfEarth, can you tell us the advantages of drinking raw milk over pasteurised milk? Also what are your thoughts on vaccination? I just have a hunch ;)

Edited by Wolf87, 27 January 2019 - 10:38 PM.

#73 *Spikey*

Posted 27 January 2019 - 10:51 PM

Lol, the person subscribing to pseudoscience in the face of known potentially fatal outcomes from drinking unpasteurised milk, is calling us sheeples for following safe health practices.

I don't think that word means what you think it does in this context, as we aren't the ones blindly following the latest trendy woo craze.

Gotta love the wannabees.

#74 purplekitty

Posted 27 January 2019 - 10:53 PM

Yawn.

Bring the facts and data or don't play.

#75 Just Jack

Posted 27 January 2019 - 11:02 PM

View PostStudentOfEarth, on 27 January 2019 - 09:01 PM, said:

I really don't think there have been personal attacks? Most posts have been engaging with the topic.

"Sheeples"?? Speaking of ad hominem...

Edited by Just Jack, 27 January 2019 - 11:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.