#2 mummy_to_b

Posted 22 March 2010 - 09:21 AM

biggrin.gif   GOLD

#3 bellemae

Posted 22 March 2010 - 01:49 PM

waves.gif

#4 Kay1

Posted 22 March 2010 - 02:19 PM

Awesome news on the cc Lynny! I find that I can work in an hour of time to myself with Nate around too, and on Leo's days he sleeps - woohooo! Does Emily still sleep during the day?

#5 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:03 AM

Kay - Emily only naps when she's at CC, I dont let her nap at home anymore because I want her to go to bed at a reasonable time.  If she naps during the day then she will easily stay up till 9pm if not later (no matter how early her nap was wacko.gif ).  I've been meaning to ask her teacher to keep her awake during the day but I keep forgetting ddoh.gif It's hard though because by 4pm she is really tired and grouchy but I'd much rather put up with that than have her running around the house all night long..

It was my brothers b/day yesterday and my mums today - just rang them both up to talk to them (it's still 22nd march over there).  My mum asked if the kids would come to the phone to talk, I hesitated because I know they wont talk but Emily grabbed the phone.. listened to my mum blabbering on the other end of the line, then pulled a lemon face and said "silly bum!" and ran off roll2.gif roll2.gif  My mum apparently started talking to Emily in afrikaans - no wonder she didnt understand!

anywho.. brekky time! BBL

#6 Titania

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:00 AM

hahaha - priceless Lynny!

Griff's the same with his sleep - but it's diffcult when he goes to bed late, is up for an hour in the night, then up for six in the morning. I have to put him down for a nap - but then it perpetuates the circle! And when he's so tired - he sleeps so deeply, that I have to wake him up, and that's hard to do.

#7 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:34 AM

Toby is still 3 hour nap every day!   After Hannah it is a bit of a blessing!

He can be a bit ratty about going down in the evening, but if he is he just sits on his bed and talks to himself (sometimes for upwards of 3 hours!!!) so other than being too noisy for me to sleep with that coming over the monitor, it is not an issue.

That said, he has been asleep within 10 minutes for the last few days, so hopefully that was just a phase!

You can NOT wake Toby - it really is not worth it.  He is completely feral for the rest of the day if he is woken... wacko.gif

#8 bellemae

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:37 PM

Why wont my kids listen when I speak nicely to them?? I hate it. I sooo don't want to be the nasty yelling mum, but I am sad.gif I try again and again to be patient, explain what I'm expecting them to do (which is never a lot!) and why. But no matter how hard I try, they muck up and ignore my requests until I snap and yell at them - then they take it seriously and stop. Why oh why can't/don't they take me seriously when I'm nice?? I feel so so horrible when I yell at them, but honestly don't feel like there's another way sometimes. If I'm nice they'll just keep pushing to see how far they can go before I put my foot down....sigh....feeling so crap at this parenting gig at the moment.... sad.gif

#9 Kay1

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:51 PM

Belle - I am afraid it goes with the territory. sad.gif I also hate yelling but after the 25th time of "put on your shoes please" i tend to get a bit tetchy. The only thing that sort of helps is if Nate does something the first time I ask him he gets a sticker on his chart. His interest in the chart is pretty minimal at the moment so that's not a huge incentive and there is still a fair bit of yelling going on.

#10 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:21 AM

Belle - I know exactly how you feel sad.gif  I HATE myself for doing this but the only thing that seems to get Damians attention is to threaten him with something, like "if you dont stop doing #### then there will be no swimming classes this week".   I can ask nicely, I can beg, negotiate, plead and scream till I go blue in the face - he just doesnt seem to hear me unless I threaten to take something away from him unsure.gif  I am looking forward to next week when the kids will be going to CC on alternate days - it'll be interesting to see if them spending time apart and me spending time with them individually will improve the situation??

Sleep - we seem to have it down pat now.  Absolutely no naps for Emily during the day whatsoever.  The other day her teacher at CC said that they will limit her nap to 30-40 mins (they ended up waking her up because she's a sleepy head) and sure enough that night it was a nightmare trying to get her to go to bed.  If she falls asleep later in the afternoon on the lounge, like just before or just after 5pm then I just take her straight to her bed and she will actually sleep till 7am! ffear.gif

AFM - nothing new really..  27 weeks tomorrow - holy crap! Glucose test on monday (oh joy!) and a shot in my bum (I'm rhesus negative) - 3 needles in one day, just plain cruel if you ask me! Tounge1.gif

Anywho - want to type more but Em stinks sick.gif and the kids need food.  Hope you're all well! waves.gif

#11 bellemae

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:40 AM

Lynny, hope having their days separated helps a bit. I do find my kids easier to handle on at a time. 27weeks! That seems to be flying by (well, for me anyway Tounge1.gif)

Hmmm, sticker chart might be worth a try....seems to be working a treat in Kais class room, might have to start them up again at home original.gif Think I'm just feeling a little overtired....sooo much uni work, Matt's flat-out too...having my Birthday monday, then Tiens tomorrow...trying to help the kids with homework, doing reading with Kai's class... I have to make a nursery rhyme character outfit for Kai by next Wednesday (The spider from little miss muffet), then be able to take the morning off to go and see their little show...parent-teacher interviews...just not managing to juggle everything so well at the moment *sigh*

On the positive side, we had our interview with Kai's teacher on Wednesday. Their school has a "rising 5's" class for all the 4-turning-5 kids (except Kai). The kids who do rising 5's then go on and do a 2nd year of kindy in the std classes. These kids are generally a bit ahead of the rest of the class (not surprising as they've had a year of formal schooling already), however, Kai's teacher said that generally he is performing up with the few kids in his class who were in rising 5's last year. biggrin.gif Not that it really comes as a surprise that he's doing so well, but it was really nice to hear it from his teacher.

Anyway better get back to the study/house cleaning/presant wrapping/cake baking/costume making.....

Edited by bellemae, 26 March 2010 - 08:41 AM.

#12 Titania

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:23 AM

I hear you ladies. It's not Lor though - he's really mostly pretty good. But Griff is diabolical at the moment. I have a headache from him most days (nad from myself, shouting - even DH has been losing it with him) - not to mention am over him being up in the night - very tired here.

#13 BronR

Posted 26 March 2010 - 03:56 PM

O I so hear you all on the yelling thing. Rory will not do anything at all I ask until I am screaming at him (and he cries and tells me I'm hurting his ears  huh.gif, well if you don't like it boy-o don't drive me to it) and I so hate myself for being like that but he just pushes and pushes me way past my limits. And of course now Abi is learning to be naughty so much earlier than Rory did it's driving me mental. So often I wish I worked full time so I didn't have to be with them those 2 extra days when I am home and I feel horrible for thinking that way. sad.gif

Sorry for being MIA. I read almost every day but nothing much to say or contribute. Life trots on as always.

However, Abi has finally started sleeping through about half the time and I am starting to feel like I am finally getting some good nights sleeps. She has also put on sooo much weight recently wink.gif  (nearly 11 kg now) that I might even turn her around in the car seat before she turns 3. LOL

OK I know short visit but nearly 5pm and have to go get the kids from CC. DH out tonight so nedd to get home ASAP to get dinner going etc flying solo.

BBL

#14 Kay1

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:47 AM

Gee quiet in here!

Having a dull weekend. sad.gif DH is playing his cricket final, a two dayer. Nate was sick as a dog yesterday, had to get the after hours GP out here for him so I spent all day nursing. He has tonsillitis. Made a remarkable recovery yesterday evening though and apart from a sore throat seems fine this morning.

Leo is okay so far apart from getting his eye teeth. He keeps waking at night though and just chatting and playing for ages. I don't have to go in but he keeps us awake until I turn the monitor off.  wacko.gif

Gee my life is exciting huh blush.gif

#15 bellemae

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:20 AM

Buggered here this morning...Tien's 8th Birthday yesterday. Had my parents stay Friday night, then my brother + partner & 2kids came over @ lunch, my parents left after lunch and Tien had two friends come over to stay the night. Bro & family stayed for dinner, then left around 7pm...kids stayed up until 11ish  blink.gif Then woke this morning around 6!  wacko.gif I'm just in shock that Tien's 8!!!

Kay So glad Nate is on the mend, tonsillitis is really nasty! My sister had it last week and ended up in hospital...

busted by kids.....BBL....

#16 Kay1

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:41 AM

Wow Belle, I'm tired just reading that!!

#17 bellemae

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:56 AM

ok, four not-so-little boys eating breakfast - I've got a moment original.gif

hmm where was I ...oh my sister.. sad.gif  She ended up in hospital, got a massive dose of anti-bs and headed home thinking all would be fine (she was still really sick though. Mum called me last night to let me know that she's gone downhill and is back in hospital. Apparently her gallbladder is infected and has to be removed immediately. I think she had emergency surgery last night to have it taken out. As far as I'm aware it's pretty straight forward surgery, but I can't help but worry - she's my sister!

ah ok, breakfast is done...might head out to the skate park, burn out some of this energy they seem to have.

#18 Kay1

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:11 AM

Oh my goodness Belle, that sounds terrible! I hope she's well again soon.

#19 bellemae

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:11 PM

Eeek, I've just been asked if I can shoot a wedding! ohmy.gif  Not until September, so lots of time to get my head around it. It's for a very close friends sister. I have taken many, many pics of my friends daughter and her sis asked her to ask me specifically based on the pics of mine she's seen. I'm stunned, and flattered. But rather overwhelmed by the idea to be honest... advice anyone?? Please.

#20 sotetno

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:00 PM

Belle - she seen your work obviously and she has asked for you specifically, sounds like a bonza of a job.  You'll do fabulously!  

Sydney girls - anyone free in the second week of the holidays for a get together?  I miss you all!  Either Monday 12th, Thursday 15th or Fri 16th?  Perhaps Hills Flower Market or Eden Gardens?  Or anywhere else anyone wants to suggest - I'm easy.

#21 Kay1

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:59 AM

Friday best for me Mel. I could do Thursday with just Leo too.

Belle - That's awesome original.gif Is she going to pay you? Just asking because I know if it was me that would determine how nervous I would be LOL.

#22 bellemae

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:16 AM

Thanks Mel...yes, Kay it was presented as 'do you want a job?' ...haven't got far enough beyond initial nerves to even think of what I would charge - not a lot as she is a VERY close friends sister...but no idea what not-a-lot is...??

#23 Kay1

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:21 AM

Sorry Belle, I don't know either.

OMG I am so close to throwing Leo out of the house. sad.gif He is just a screaming uncontrollable mess. I don't know what his problem is. I don't think he's sick. To change his nappy I have to lie him on the floor and put my legs over his body. He goes ballistic. Right now he is pinching me and hanging off me screaming so much he is almost vomiting. I've had three days straight of both kids and friggin housework and I"ve had it. I'm seriously on the edge. Just need to work out how to get through til tomorrow when I can drop them off at care. hands.gif God help me....actually God help him.

#24 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:26 AM

Sorry can't talk - about to drop Damo off and head to the hospital for my rhesus jab and glucose test sick.gif

Mel - I'm up for a meet!  Eden Gardens would be easier for me though given my current location wacko.gif  and I'd prefer Monday or Friday

BBL!

#25 bellemae

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:53 AM

Oh Kay, wish I was closer and could help in some way. Gosh they push you to the limit sometimes don't they... I Know this doesn't help, but my thoughts are with you, hope he calms down and gives you a break soon. Big hugs bbighug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.