September 05 Parents # 392

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

#51 butterflies

Posted 10 April 2010 - 04:13 PM

just popping in as we are heading out to SIL's

yes Friday is still fine to come here.

we had a fantastic holiday, very relaxing.  We went away with DH's sister and her DH and niece 20 and nephew 16.  had a few wines and chatted alot.  was lovely.

bye

#52 sotetno

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:11 PM

OK I'll bring a pasta bake thing for lunch plus some peanut butter balls for after (because we all haven't had enough chocolate recently I'm sure Tounge1.gif) to Karina' s.  

It is quite likely I won't have the big boys with me as I think they are going to their Grandma and Grandpa's for a couple of nights next weekend.  

Does someone want to grab a roast chicken on the way there and maybe some bread rolls and we can have chicken sandwiches as well?

Should I make some various kids sandwiches as well (vegemite, peanut butter etc)?

Karina - your holiday sounds fun - were the teenagers help with the kids?

#53 Kay1

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:01 PM

I'll bring a chook! I'll also bring sandwiches for my kids because they only eat homous. original.gif

#54 mirandarine

Posted 11 April 2010 - 07:42 PM

Cai- hows the poonami? Tide out?! lol! I hope all is well with everyone again.

Busy day at work today, new manager so the heat is on to make good sales. I have store open tomorrow- new VM day ( visual merch.- read- change store around and open umpteen  boxes of pongy new shoes)

I bought myslef some lovely new clothes today to try and perk myself up a bit... It worked!

Have a good week all. Enjoy your meet up Syd ladies. I wish I could be there x

#55 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:46 AM

wacko.gif

My turn for night duty, and I am soooooooooo bored!!! Really wishing they had private rooms in the sticks. It is so loud here tonight!

#56 Kay1

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:48 AM

Sorry Sharon but huh.gif

Miranda - good luck with all the shoe unpacking. Glad you got some nice clothes, that always helps original.gif

Well the poos are still coming. They are not liquid any more though so I think he's getting better. Still whingey as and has the worst nappy rash.

Listening to my boys play in a cubby house under the dining table, so cute.

Sorry Sharon but huh.gif

Miranda - good luck with all the shoe unpacking. Glad you got some nice clothes, that always helps original.gif

Well the poos are still coming. Still whingey as and has the worst nappy rash.

Listening to my boys play in a cubby house under the dining table, so cute.

#57 bellemae

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:30 AM

Sharon Hope Toby's doing ok sad.gif  Gosh, that cast looks full-on, can imagine he'll be getting rather frustrated with that over the next few weeks, Poor little man. Wishing you all the best. Are they looking into why his leg broke so randomly?

Kids have shipped off this morning to my parents for 2 nights (they've never been away for more than 1), I actually feel sad and started wishing they were only going for one night, I hate my kids being away sad.gif ...but this has to be, as I have 3 major assignments due on Friday, so must knuckle down...

Sorry no more personals, I thought of them as I read the posts (does that count?)...but, now feel like I should be using my time to study. Better get stuck into it.

How about one message for all: I LOVE you all so very much!!!  wub.gif

#58 Starbuck

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:06 PM

Hi Guys, back from holidays and wish we could turn around and go back!!!

There has been a change in my plans for this week. I am still coming down to Sydney on Thursday for a Dr's app't, but I cannot stay at my friends anymore. I would love to see you all so will try to figure out somewhere to stay.

Mel, it's unlikely to be neear you so I won't need a lift, but thanks anyway.

I have to go and do Rosie's nebuliser, hopefully it is last day today (waiting for call from Hosp) and then get dressed to go into town so I will come back later for personals and to let you know about Fri.

#59 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 12 April 2010 - 02:18 PM

Kay - toby has broken his femur. We are stuck out in a hospital in country vic until we can work out the best way to transport him home. He did it walking on a trampoline (walking. No-one jumping, didn't fall... He just fell walking across the middle of the tramp and snapped the bone!)

Belle - apparently it isn't all that uncommon in young kids, although it it usually the lower leg, not the upper leg.

#60 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 12 April 2010 - 02:20 PM

Sorry for the brief posts. I am on the iPhone, and typing is a PITA.

#61 Kay1

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:03 PM

Kirsten there is a bed here for you!! original.gif Unless you get an offer closer to where your appointment is.

Oh gosh Sharon how awful. Just caught up on it on fb. sad.gif

#62 Starbuck

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:00 AM

Thanks Kay. Mel also offered so I have taken her up on that. It will be great to see you all.

I am currently having an issue with renewing my rego online. It is telling me to both "destroy my existing registration renewal papers, as I will be receiving a new certificate in the mail." and  

"Using black ink, write the receipt number clearly on the registration certificate in the space provided. See image below. Please note: no further receipt will be sent to you by the RTA."

so, which on is it??? The send a new one at other places said it was if you changed your term, which I didn't, but they final receipt pafge is telling me both. And they destroy one is in Bold.

#63 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:02 PM

And after all that I might not be up to coming friday cry1.gif

My sinuses are still playing up and along with the meds I'm taking for it I feel pretty off sad.gif  

Bad headache today and morning sickness is back by the looks of it - less than 10 weeks to go wacko.gif  I think I'm getting my tubes done while I'm having the c/section - do it while the aches, pains and sick.gif is still fresh in my head! wink.gif

Gah then Damo's got swimming late friday afternoon and a party at Monkey Mania on saturday - give me strength cry1.gif

Anywho.. gotta run, will pop in here sometime before the end of the week to let you know whats happening

#64 Starbuck

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:51 PM

Hey guys. Looking forward to seeing whoever is coming on Friday. Thanks to Mel for offering me a bed!!!

It is DH's birthday today so I am busy tidying and helping Alyssia make a cake for him. We are having some friends over tonight for dinner and I am a bit stressed at having a late night, then an early morning. eeek.

Also, if you saw on facebook, Alyssia has a severe staph infection. My Mum said she was suprosed the Dr didn't admit her for IV antibiotics. It all started 3 weeks ago  blush.gif when she got a scrape on her knee. It wasn't healing up, but we thought it was because she was picking at it. Plus we didn't realise how long it had been.  blush.gif On holidays she was really sick with high temps but no other symptoms for about 4 days, we would dose her up on panadol and she would be fine. Meanwhile growing festering sore that we thought was not healing cause she did bump it more times.
Anyway, then she hurt her toe on Friday. By yesterday I actually saw it  blush.gif and the whole toe was swollen, red pussy and VERY bad looking. Plus she had a few pimple, bitey things that were red and spreading and a puss head in the middle.
I figured she needed to see the Dr (YES, FAR too late  blush.gif)

Anyway, very bad staph infection, antibiotics, ointment in the nose?? and a special anti-bacterial wash to shower with, all for at least a week. Plus they took a swab to check if it was a resistant strain.

Plus, Rosie has been bathing with her this whole time, and having CF means she can get staph in her lungs (which she has had before).

All of this equals very bad Mummy moments!!!  blush.gif

#65 Kay1

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:15 PM

Eek Kirsten. sad.gif Its the kind of thing that happens to us all at some point though. I wouldn't have connected the sore with the temps either tbh.

Hmmm....am a bit  annoyed with daycare/preschool. They are usually so good but I'm a bit disappointed lately. There have been some staff changes lately and its all a bit disorganised. Today I picked up Leo and none of the usual people were there, two new carers and they noticed when they got his sheet out that it was wet. I was so confused because his sleeping bag and clothes were dry. Anyway then I figured out his cup was full of water (I always put him down for his nap with a cup of milk and they have always too). So that would explain why they said he cried for ages yesterday at bedtime (which he never usually does). glare.gif

Also the carers just seemed stressed and the kids too - usually its so lovely and calm and happy there. Oh well, maybe just a bad day. I did pick him up a little later than usual so maybe things go pear shaped at the end of the day. shrug.gif

#66 butterflies

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:08 AM

Hi Girls

All is fine for tomorrow but I am just warning you that I have a cold.  I am still looking forward to everyone coming.

Lynny you still better come ok!!!

Kay I hope Leo is better and that you guys can make it.  

T are you coming?

gotta go going to friend's house, trying to get the girls to pack up the toy room, it's impossible.

#67 sotetno

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:37 AM

Just took Ernie to Docs with fever and sore head.  No real diagnosis...just antibiotics to give and said he had a bit of a sore throat.  Since coming home he is busily playing cars with Nick, yelling and screaming as usual!  So hopefully he will be fine to go to his Grandparents tomorrow and I can make it to Karina's with no dramas.  Have warned Kirsten that there is a supposedly sick child in my house (not that you can tell at this point in time.)

What time are we invited to your place Karina?  My Mum and Dad are supposedly picking up Nick and Ernie at 9:30am (assuming Ernie not too sick), so could get to you a bit before 11:00ish.  Is that too early?  

Looking forward to seeing Kirsten this arvo and everyone else tomorrow.

#68 butterflies

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:56 PM

Mel I said to Kay come any time after 10am.  what ever time really, I will be here LOL!!

I hope Ernie isn't too sick.

#69 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:37 PM

Ok I'm coming! tthumbs.gif  Havent had time to do the banana breads - one of those days today wacko.gif but I'll grab something sweet from the cheesecake shop wwhistle.gif  DSD is here so I dont imagine Damian will want to come tomorrow and Emily will be in CC - DH is ordering pizza for dinner so I have no excuses! Tounge1.gif  I'll aim to be there at 10:30ish?

Mel - hope Ernie is okay sad.gif

Karina - love the new sig!

sorry can't do more personals - on DH's little notebook and it's too hard to balance it on my lap/bump and type at the same time! LOL blush.gif

#70 butterflies

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:46 PM

Lynny don't stress too much about the food, I have banana's here so i might do a nana cake and I have plenty of biccies etc.

I will make a salad and maybe duck out and get a salad and some rolls.

I can't believe my middle girl is turning 7 soon

#71 Kay1

Posted 15 April 2010 - 09:17 PM

Yay, girls. Looking forward to it. I hope we have a reasonable night. Leo is still poopin away but I don't think its catching (hope not hands.gif). The GP ever so helpfully told me to not feed him for 48 hours. wacko.gif This is a kid who screams for food every 48 seconds on a good day. So I apologise in advance for the screaming tanties tomorrow as he will be on dry bread rations. I will however bring some hydralite ice blocks so he doesn't feel too left out. Oh and Nate will hang off me with his fingers in his mouth for at least an hour. Just so you know. wink.gif

#72 Kay1

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:21 AM

Girls, leaving now so be there about 10.45am. Got a few errands to run. original.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.